Thomas Homestead

"You're lucky!" She exclaimed, "I'm stuck with those two all year...I'm just happy that we're not in the same house, I think I'd die." Morgan told Kaela, her expression still a bit annoyed. She tried to change her expression to a more calm one, but Roger always knew how to rub her just the right way to get her angry. "Is he older or younger than you?" she inquired, interested in learning more about her.

Nancy could hear the commotion that was happening upstairs, she didn't even want to guess what the kids were getting themselves into. With a sigh she looked over at Mindy who was still coloring peacfully in her coloring book, "Sweetie, will you go and get them from upstairs please?" she asked, it sounding more like an order while flipping the pancakes on the warm griddle.

Mindy set down her box of crayons and climbed the stairs. Once she reached her brothers' room where they were still laughing quite hysterically she scrunched her nose, "Time for breafast!" she yelled. Mindy then walked over to Morgan and Kaela's room, she rolled onto the bed that the two girls was on and giggled, "Breakfast is ready.." Mindy said smiling at Kaela.

Morgan listened to Mindy and poked her in the side, "Okay, thank you Mindy." she said with a smile while listening to her question, "I'm going to need to think this one out.." Morgan sighed and began listing off her siblings. "Mindy is the youngest...she's 6. Tarren is turning 11 in November. Kale is 14...which I think you already know. Roger, Lee and I are triplets...we're all 16." she said having to catch her breath, "Having so many can be awfully tiring, wanna go downstairs for breakfast?" she asked Kaela smiling.

Kaela smiled at Mindy as she jumped on the bed with her and Morgan. Her mouth dropped and she looked at Morgan when she said she was a triplet. "You're triplets? You're a triplet with Roger? But he...and you..." Kaela was blown away. Roger seemed so completely and utterly different from Morgan. It was hard to believe she and Roger were so closely related.

"Uhm yeah, breakfast is good I guess," Kaela answered. She was a bit nervous of the idea of being with all of Kale's family in one room, but she supposed she needed to get used to it.

"Yep, triplets is correct." Morgan said while pulling her hair into a low pony tail, "Roger always acts like a 6 year old. You should see how much trouble he gets in at school." she got up from the bed when Kaela agreed to go downstairs for breakfast. "Mmmm...it smells like french toast." Morgan said smiliing and sniffing the air, "Just be careful and not sit next to Lee..." she warned Kaela slowly, he was always the butt of the jokes and got pretty messy at the table because of that.

Kaela stood and readied herself to follow Morgan downstairs. "Lee? Why not?" Kaela had been hoping to sit next ot Kale, but in any case she wondered why she would be warned not to sit by Lee. She figured if there was anyone not to sit by it was Roger.

Morgan bit her lip and shook her head, "Just trust me on this one.." she said with a laugh while approaching the stairs and taking a seat down at the dinining room table that was already set up. There was a spread of milk, orange juice, french toast, pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns and bacon on the table. She took a seat in front of her plate and waited for the boys to come back downstairs.

Kaela shrugged and followed Morgan downstairs, taking a seat beside him. She figured that would be all right, since Morgan had been nice enough to her already and such. Besides, she didn't know where else she could sit. For all she knew she was sitting in someone's seat.

Kaela looked at all of the food, which smelled absolutely delicious, and suddenly felt somewhat homesick. But not for the home she had now, the home she had had when her ma was alive. She tried to shove the thought from her head as she looked around the room, wondering when everyone else would come downstairs.

Kale walked down the stairs after Mindy had informed them about breakfast being ready, he took a seat next to Kaela and scooted his chair in. He looked at Kaela and shook his head, "I'm sorry about that..." Kale whispered to her with a sympathetic look, he hoped that she wasn't too freaked out by his family.

When Kaela spotted Kale she sat up taller in her seat, her eyes lighting up. When he sat down beside her she smiled brightly, her cheeks turning pink. "Oh, that's ok," she said softly in return to his apology. "Your family is...interesting. To say the least."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back