This pie looked better on the plate...

Nicolette snuck a smile out from underneath her lips at her best friends words, they were beyond lucky with their lives right now. "Yeah we so did." She whispered softly before stole one last quick glance at her husband and babies, they were all so perfect. She stood back up and went back into the kitchen to help Cecily set up the plates, silverware and all of those things, it was the least she could do since she didn't help with the cooking all that much. The whole time she had a soft smile on her face, Nicolette was so thankful to be alive, to have a family, and just be able to live without the burden of having James threatening her life constantly. 'What if he comes back though...will I have to say goodbye to all of his?' Her smile faded into a soft frown as she carried the plate's the the table and started to set them up and have them all ready before it was time to eat.

"I'm so thankful to be here right now, James told me I was never meant to be happy. And how that...well..now that he's in new zealand I'm so worried I'm going to lose all of this." Nicolette said in a soft whisper, she didn't want the men overhearing because she didn't really want any of them to know she was in trouble quite yet. James had yet to find her so she had reason to believe she would be safe a bit longer. "Please don't tell him Cecily." Nicolette pleaded, she would tell her best friend because she knew that Cecily knew about her harsh past and all the problems she had as a child. But no matter how much she tried she hadn't worked up the courage to tell her husband about it. "Oh um...and you better check the chicken before he catches on fire." She giggled softly and pointed to the oven, her face still had hurt written on it but she knew she wouldn't dtay sad for too long, her life was too good for that.

Cecily paused in setting out the pitchers of water and pumpkin juice. "He's here?" she looked furtively around, voice lowered in a frantic whisper. "Damn it." The bird was out of the oven and resting in its juices on the platter on the table within moments. She stopped for a moment to make sure everything was out in its serving bowls, with the serving spoons and forks, the carving fork set by where Prodan would sit. "Niccy, it's okay." She came over and hugged her friend, hoping to comfort her. Drawing back, she took Niccy's hand gently in hers. "You have to tell him. He needs to know, he can help you Niccy," she urged her.

Nicolette shook her head softly, she knew they could all probably help out so much and even be able to take the man out, the thing just was....Nicolette didn't want them to help her just yet. She wasn't going to let anyone get killed or take the heat for her anymore, she had spent the last 51 years regretting the lives she had caused due to her always relying on others. "Cecily....I-I can't yet." She said softly, a look on her face saying that her friend couldn't say anything either. Nicolette would bring it up someday, but not today when they were supposed to be getting together and having a good time. Shaking all the bad thoughts away she gave Cecily a small smile, she was sure that everything would come out fine in the end. Every negative situation always was followed by something good, at least she thought so.

"Heeeey boys, dinner's ready! So get your butts in there." Nicolette said finally, walking into the kitchen slowly to make sure she avoided anything that she could bump into, Cecily's house was filled with dangerous objects that just loved to get in her way. Before she went back in there she took a swift glance at her babies, they both seemed so comfy and tired that she decided to just let them be. Turning back around she walked back into the kitchen and dove for the chair she wanted to sit in, she had claimed the chair while she and Cecily were cooking dinner so she knew it was hers.

Cecily murmured worriedly, "I don't know..." She had an awful feeling about this and knew that Kalif would be furious at them for keeping such information from him. As Head of the family, it was his right to know such things. She wouldn't say anything tonight, as she didn't want to ruin the evening for them all, but she would urge Niccy to say something to Kalif very soon. She stood indecisively by the table, not sitting until her husband came into the room. Elisaveta wouldn't need another feeding, or indeed even be up, until well after dinner was over.

Prodan stood up and he stretched. Oh, his stomach was growling and yearning for some food. Knowing Kalif, he would just sit and watch. There was just something up with his brother. The two walked into the proper area and Prodan took a seat. He sighed and rolled his eyes as Kalif only watched from afar. Prodan shook his head. He would be sitting beside his lovely wife, of course. Well, if she sat down beside him that is. Prodan took the carving fork in his hand, and he glanced at it for a moment. Then, he decided to cut into that huge roasted chicken. Prodan glanced over at Cecily, "Damn, woman, you really outdid yourself! I'm glad I am just really hungry right now." Prodan's eyes averted to his brother, "If you aren't going to enjoy the food, then just join the family. Sheesh." Kalif had obeyed and he took a seat, but farther from everyone and the table. Prodan rolled his eyes and he gave Cecily a broad smile.

Cecily shared one last look with Niccy before she turned a smiling face toward Prodan. "Thank you love," she murmured, brushing a kiss over his cheek as she took a seat beside him. Glancing over her shoulder at Kalif, she sighed and shook her head slightly. The man had so many hang ups, she wished he would let them go around family. Considering though how their get togethers usually started, it would take more than that full bottle of wine to loosen him up. "Niccy helped, she's obviously been practicing at home." Smiling at her friend, she helped pass things around, love evident in her eyes as her fingers brushed his when passing a bowl. She brushed aside the natural bruised feelings that Kalif wouldn't sit down and eat food she had prepared.

"I'm happy we're all here together."
She spoke truthfully yet was a little bit in trepidation over what reactions would be about the decision she had made. Absently she began cutting into her chicken then stopped. "I actually had a bit of news that I wanted to tell both of you first," she addressed Niccy and Kalif. "Prodan and I talked it over and I'm taking a year off from the school." She glanced at Kalif, knowing that he would probably be feeling some relief at not having to see her work all the time.

Nicolette caught Cecily's last look to her and bit her lip out of nervousness, she really hoped that her friend wouldn't say anything to anyone about this, maybe later Nicolette could catch her and try to explain some things to her. Instead of saying anything during dinner she filled her plate and ate a little, she knew Kalif wouldn't eat while anyone was looking or around so it didn't bother her that he wasn't eating. About halfway through dinner she was almost done eating when Cecily announced that she had some news to announce and that sparked Nicolette's interest immediately. "Wait..what?! Why?!" Was her first reaction once the news had been spilled out by her best friend, it was shocking that Cecily would even think about something like that, Nicolette thought she loved the the school and the students there more than anything.

"Your letting some loser take your place?" She dropped her fork and asked with furrowed eyebrows, was it really safe to be leaving leaving the school right now anyways, who was it that was going to take her place anyways? "It'd better not be some dumb Auror, I'm tired of them sticking their noses in everything." Nicolette didn't have to be a Death Eater to know that they were a bunch of annoying wannabes, but as it happened she was also one and had to watch her back as much as possible, she didn't feel like getting thrown into Azkaban anytime soon, her life was too happy for something like that. "Not that I'm not happy for you...but...meh nevermind." She averted her gaze and pushed her plate away, she already felt upset about the whole James situation so maybe she was just upset about that and was taking it out on Cecily.

Kalif wanted to just go back to the living room, and disregard everything here, or even better, back to home. Kalif heard the news, and he nodded slowly. "So, I won't have to save you from any trips near the cliffs for a whole year." Kalif was actually relieved that she wasn't going to be there. One less problem to deal with. Kalif did not care who took her place, but Nicolette's reaction made Kalif give her an odd look, before it turned into a glare, "What the hell does it matter to you anyway? You would be able to stop complaining and spend some time with her. Now that you have the chance to, you are going to complain over that? God, woman." Kalif stood up from the table, and he shoved the chair back in, hard enough to make the table shake a bit. He went back into the living room, and he sat down on the couch. He debated on taking the twins back home, and just leaving Nicolette here. That woman gave him the biggest migraine he had ever experienced in his life. It was hard to tell which he disliked more: Cecily's behavior or hers.

Fork and knife fell from Cecily's hands with a clatter against her plate. "Well excuse me for wanting to spend time with my baby and do what every other mother gets to do. I don't care about Aurors or your dummy inbred friends." The blonde haired woman rolled her eyes and nearly snapped again until Kalif spoke up. "I guess not," she murmured, not being able to help the small twitch of her lips. She propped her chin on her hand, green eyes lighting with a mischievous light as Kalif laid into Niccy. Except...it wasn't bad. It actually managed to calm her down and restore her earlier spirits. After he left the room, Cecily chucked a small biscuit toward her head. "Yeah Niccy," she stuck her tongue out.

Nicolette stared at Kalif with shock and annoyance, she of course had expected him to get mad at her somehow today since it would be an amazement to her if he didn't. Why he was meaner and snottier to her she didn't have the slightest clue in the world, but it was so weird and annoying, it's not like she had done anything to him to make him angrier or anything. "Seee...I told you he was getting meaner." She rolled her eyes before she sunk back into her chair, feeling her mood sinking like a heavy rock did in the water. The anger reminded her of how James used to get mad at her for just breathing, he pretty much just hated that she existed and punished her for it by beating her over and over again until she got it in her head that once again she was nothing but scum. 'That old man should just shrivel up and leave me the hell alone.' Nicolette thought to herself bitterly as she watched Kalif get up and leave the room with loud slam of his chair. She would have made a smart remark once he was in the living room but she suddenly felt something hit her head and a comment from Cecily.

"They are not inbred!" She hissed and chucked the biscuit back at her, that was probably the most common insult for pure-bloods, Nicolette knew for a fact that she was not inbred, she figured most of the Death Eaters would try to keep away from being inbred as much as possible. "And if things work out, you all won't have to deal with me for much longer." She said with a sneer before she took a spoonful of mashed potatoes in her spoon and flung them in Cecily's direction, hoping to hit her straight in the face, Nicolette was already upset and this wasn't help..and that biscuit really hurt man!

Warm, thick mashed potatoes splattered against Cecily's cheek and dribbled down her cheek. Shocked she stared at Niccy with her wide green eyes then laughter poured from her throat. "I can't believe you just did that!" Even through the laughter, she saw how bothered Niccy was and wanted her friend to laugh with her. To not worry about things she couldn't help that night and not to borrow trouble. "Oh Niccy," she chuckled, coming around the table, her arms out. "You know you love me," she drawled out, giggling, hugging her friend in her chair and rubbing her mashed potato cheek against Niccy's.

Nicolette stared at Cecily though widened gold eyes as the mashed potato's not only hit her best friend in the cheek but also caused her friend to stand up and walk towards her, arms outstretched for a hug. "Ew, noooo Cecily no!" Nicolette cried to and pushed her arms out to stop her friend from getting close to her and getting nasty mashed potato all over her, too bad Cecily managed to catch her in a hug anyways and rub her nasty mashed potato covered cheek all over Niccy's. Feeling her stomach churn a little, Nicolette squealed when she felt the oozy gooey feeling of the potato's on her own cheek, it felt so sickening and soft. "Gaaaah so gross." She gasped and launched herself out of her chair to get away from her friend, too bad that when she jumped Cecily went with her and the mashed potato cheek was still touching hers, it
was so nasty.

"Ahahaha help me! Soooo gross!" She squeaked out hoping to to get away from her friend and that her husband would possibly come in to help her get away from her icky friend at the moment. "Eat peas sucker!" Nicolette reached up to the table to grab a handful of peas and chuck them at her friends face, hoping to get out of the hug and off the cold floor.

Cecily's laughter rang out clearly in the room, she hoped they wouldn't wake up the babies but couldn't stop the laughter as she fell with her. "Mm, potatoey goodness!" She smeared the goo on her fingers over Niccy's chin, giggling so much she was feeling weak from it. "No, not the peas!" They pelted her face, neck and rolled down her cleavage. "Ah no!" Squishy just took on a whole new meaning for the blonde.

The peas went everywhere and Nicolette could honestly feel them falling onto her as well, they became all squished and matted as she rolled over some of them during her attempted escape from Cecily. "Don't make me throw some gravy on your head." Nicolette squeaked as she finally managed to move her cheek from the nasty potato covered cheek of Cecily's, however her violent movement managed to have her knock the table violently and knock the warm cherry pie that was on the edge table right onto the floor and on top of the wrestling pair on the floor. "GAAH PIE..OUCH!" Nicolette dove away when she felt the warm pie land on her and it burned a little. Once she was firmly away from Cecily she licked her lips and grinned, yummy it was cherry pie..one of her favorites.

"Okay, that really sucked Cecily." Nicolette pulled out her wand and started to clean a bit of the pie off herself, this really stunk because she had wanted some...err..most of the pie to eat for later when her husband wasn't looking. When the pie was all cleaned off herself she sighed when she heard a babies cry from in the living room, either Cecily's baby had woken up or the twins wanted attention and now. "D*mn, come on mess make." Nicolette teased and held her hand out, as much fun as covering each other in food was, Nicolette knew the babies needs came first at this point.

Sometimes Cecily couldn't believe they were both the age they were; she hadn't been witness to a food fight since her first students were in resident at the school. Had she somehow foreseen this coming, she wondered as she stood up, her hand in her friends for a boost from the floor. She had baked several pies since that morning and it just so happened she had one waiting for Niccy and Kalif to take home and Prodan's favorite was safely cooling on the counter no where near them. Giggling, she took out her wand and scourgified herself, except she had missed a bit of the cherry pie as it dripped from her hair onto her lips. "I'll go see to our girl, you keep eating," she teased bossily to her husband, kissing him with cherry stained lips. "We should have them over more often," she laughed, waving her wand as she walked with Niccy into the living room and thankfully both blondes were set to rights before Kalif could see them. As well as the floor in the kitchen. Elisaveta lay in her Moses basket, fussing and letting out the sweetest cries. Cecily felt the familiar pins and needles as her milk dropped and she quickly picked her baby girl up, cuddling her sleepy body to her. "Ohh look at you, my wee babe, let's get you fed. I'll be back in a few minutes," she promised her family, going to the room she and Prodan had set up on the first floor. Sitting in privacy in the big comfy rocking chair, Cecily fed her child, singing to her and kissing the small head that smelled so sweet. "Mama's angel, aren't you," she cooed softly. It was amazing, being a mother, holding her child close, seeing both herself and her husband in the tiny features. Elisaveta had her fill after only a few moments, falling back into a sound sleep that Cecily knew now would be through the night.

Moments later she was out in the living room, still cuddling her baby to her, green eyes soft with love from the bonding experience with her child. "D'you know Niccy, a healer at the hospital told me I should bottle feed. Prodan told them to save themselves; I growled the idiot out of the room," she laughed. Cecily knew some mothers preferred that but she wanted to experience everything, as she had dreamed of having her own child since she was eighteen and on her own. "I love when you all come over," she smiled, sitting on the long couch, giving Kalif his space. Even though he could be quite dour, she liked how happy he made her friend and how obviously careful he was of their children. "I'm sure my replacement will hold a meeting at the start of the year or possibly a bit before, Kalif. He seems to be a nice man although strict. Exactly what some of the children need," she thought, thinking of the fight between a seventh year, her step daughter and the girl's fiance.

Nicolette yawned to herself quietly and glanced at Kalif quickly before she walked over to the twins, neither if them were crying but Damianos was now awake and stared up at her with his big golden eyes, thankfully he was usually a very quiet baby unlike his brother who loved to make noise every chance he got. Seeing that Nicolas was fast asleep, she sighed softly and reached down to pick up Damianos, and carry him over to the couch before she sat down softly next to Kalif and Cecily and cradled the small body to her, seeing as he didn't appear to be hungry or anything she decided that he probably just wanted some attention from someone. "Bottle feed really? I swear to god those healers must have lost some brain cells since I quit working there." She rolled her eyes and playfully snorted when she heard that Cecily had growled the healer out, she could seriously see that happening because her friend could be quite vicious when it came to her baby or being told to do something that was honestly just ridiculous to mention to a new mother. "I love coming over too, sorry about flipping out earlier...I'm just iffy since Theodore keeps bothering me about every little thing now, and he's already gotten used to you I suppose." Nicolette rolled her eyes and kissed the top of her babies head before she looked down to see him looking up at her curiously, she wondered if he sometimes still didn't know who she was and such because he never looked like he was really happy to see anything. But then she remembered who his father was and how he usually got upset if anyone but she or Kalif held him, chances were he was probably just sleepy and a bit spacy.

"Who is your replacement anyways?" Nicolette asked softly, shifting slightly to hold her baby closer and look at Cecily with curious eyes, was it that guy that Cecily worked with or was it someone else that? "Oh, I think you hired a good old friend of mine too as your Arithmancy Professor, errmm Effie Snow?" Nicolette was sort of unsure on which one of Alphonse's siblings they hired but she knew it was one of them because Theodore mentioned about one of his aunts teaching at the school now.

Cecily cuddled her little girl close, wondering how much chicken Prodan was stuffing his gullet with. When she first met him, she'd joked with him that his descendants must have been camels with how little he ate. Of course that was before his regular daily dose of exercise, she thought with a mental giggle. "Oh yes, I met her once, she seemed very nice. You know a lot of Snows, Niccy...did you know their dad?" she teased, chuckling.

Nicolette smiled when Cecily commented that that Effie seemed nice, usually the girl was a sweetheart beyond all measure but other times she had was a bit on the snarky side, she was a former Slytherin after all. Rubbing Damianos' back when he whimpered a little from the lack of contact that he seemed to be enjoying from his mother, and looked at her friend again with a big smile at the mention of the Snow's father. "Oh Valere?" She asked, her smirk growing more and more by the second. Nicolette quickly glanced at her husband before she waved her hand and allowed her bag to float towards her. Reaching inside she pulled out a Picture from a small book she had kept of the Snow family when she had lived with them and tossed it at her, on the back was marked was Valere's name.

"Teehee he's sooo handsome, and can you believe he's like only fifteen years older than I
am, I mean phewwww."
Suddenly Nicolette realized that she was suddenly going on and on about some guy right in front of her husband and turned a light red color. Nicolette never liked Valere though, she just thought he was good looking, for some reason her heart was dead set on Kalif and she had no clue why. "Sooo um Cecily, seen any good movies lately?" She coughed out after a moment, feeling herself growing embarrassed and shy about being such an airhead in front of everyone.

Cecily murmured softly to her baby then placed her gently in her Moses basket. Taking her seat next to Niccy again on the couch, she leaned over slightly and took a good look at the picture. "Whoa. Look at the rack on that." Snickering at Niccy's comments, she couldn't help the one she had just made back. Seeing the non amused look on Kalif's face and not knowing if Prodan had heard, a few giggles escaped.

Rolling his eyes, the back of Kalif's gloved hand made contact with the back of Nicolette's head. "We are leaving." Kalif picked up Nicolas, waved his hand at the beds they were in, and they vanished. Kalif put his hand on Nicolette's shoulder and soon, they were back at the Styx Manor.

Prodan shot a playful look at Cecily and he watched Kalif smack Niccy in the back of the head. Nothing hard enough to hurt her. Even he had more sense than that. Jealous, maybe? Seeing that Elisaveta fell fast asleep, Prodan smirked over at Cecily, "I bet I have a better rack..." He laughed as he crossed over to the couch with her, arms around his wife. He kissed the corner of her mouth and he whispered, "Want to try for multiples now? They are gone." A mischievous spark was in his silver eyes.

Slender fingers covered the wide smile that spread across Cecily's face at the obvious sign of jealousy from Kalif. She was sure, as they left, that he would get an earful for that small whack. "Good niiight," she called to them as they apparated away. Something much more entertaining caught her attention; her husband. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she smirked, turning her face to meet his lips. "I just bet you do," she chuckled softly, the sound slightly husky. "I don't think we should try just yet...but I'd surely like to practice," she whispered, smile turning wicked as she ran her fingers down his spine.

Prodan kissed her once more, and he murmured, "Practicing sounds just fine for me." Oh, she did the wicked sin to Prodan. Reacting positively, Prodan lifted Cecily into his body, before laying her on the couch. A trail of warm kisses went down her neck and he smirked, "You get a whole year off of school. You'll be missing those times in the office. I'll try to make up to you now." Prodan laughed softly, before his mouth claimed hers once more. Prodan knew that they were the best couple, the cutest, and also the most...active couple there were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back