Thinking...

Nicolas had heard a little bit about teas from around the world from his mother, and he knew that Peru was most famous for it's coca tea, which the natives seemed to have a certain immunity to but most native Englanders, didn't retain the ingested drugs well. Despite all this he smiled, "That sounds fantastic."

"It should be," she agreed, falling into step beside him as they walked across the lawns to her greenhouse. When they arrived, she went through the open door and started bustling about, going to her cabinet and making tea with her wand as she didn't trust her hands. She stacked the magazines together and set them on a corner of the table out of the way before she set the tea service down on the table. "I love magic,"she sighed happily. "I don't think I'd have wanted to wait the muggle way for tea." She poured tea into their cups and placed one in front of him. "Cream, sugar?" She passed them to him, having already sweetened and lightened hers.

Nicolas followed Cecily to her greenhouse and took a seat at the little table they always had their tea at. When Cecily set a tea in front of him he thanked her and cooled it off quickly without drawing his wand. He then took a sip of it before putting in a few cubes of sugar. "Thoughts any clearer now?" he inquired.

She sighed. The tea was lovely. "Much better." She levitated a tin of biscuits over and opened it, setting it on the tray. "I'm not how to go about this...with the journal I mean. My mum, well, she becomes agitated for some reason when I mention granddad. I suppose I could owl my dad and see what he knows, so I don't upset her."

"That should work, assuming he doesn't ask your mother." Nicolas stated, figuring he wouldn't if he too knew it would upset his wife. "But what would their be to ask? Perhaps you should read the journal first and see if anything is answered for you?" Nicolas suggested.

"Hmm. You're right there." She sipped her tea, feeling as though the journal were burning a hole through her robes pocket. What secrets did it hold? "I think I will take you up on your advice and read it first," she nodded, munching on a biscuit.

(((She felt that way because it probably was >_<)))

"I hope it's not too tough a read." Nicolas stated, only being able to imagine what somebody's journal could hold, especially if it were sent to somebody, enchanted, numerous years after the writer's death.

"I think it will provide us with lots of conversations over meals," she winked.

"It doesn't have to, you know.' Nicolas replied, picking up a biscuit and taking a bite out of it. "I'd be more than contented just knowing who in the hell cast that charm."

"I'm sure it'll provide some answers there...hopefully." She took it out of her robe pocket and laid it on the table.

"I hope so too." Nicolas replied, finishing off his biscuit and watching Cecily withdrew the book from her robe. "Would you like me to leave you so you can read it?" He inquired, looking over her. She seemed very anxious and decided it best for him to leave her so she could start to very possibly have many of the questions he was sure were plaguing her mind answered.

She hated to part with him so soon but she wanted to use her free morning start reading. "Will I see you at dinner?" she asked with a small smile, her hand already on the journal.

"If you're not busy reading." Nicolas replied with a wink as he rose from his seat. "Thank you for the tea and biscuits." he thanked Cecily as he turned to leave the greenhouse.

She had the book open and nodded absently. "You're welcome." Then she shook her head. How rude of her! She quickly bounded from her seat and bussed him on the cheek with her lips before returning to her seat and the open book.

Nicolas smiled as Cecily came up to him and kissed him. "Thanks." He said one final time, though now for a different reason, before leaving the greenhouses for Cecily to read through her Grandfather's journal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back