OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The streets of Brighton were bustling with people. Every café and shop filled with tourists, criminals and god knows what. This is what Elizabeth had to endure every other year when she lived with her mum. Her parents filled a divorce when she was six. So her dad decided to move back to Australia and her mum stayed back here in England. England was not that bad, the weather was awful and the scenery wasn't that nice. What bothered her the most was the fact that she had to live in Australia every other year. Her parents had decided Hogwarts New Zealand was safer than Hogwarts here in England. So that meant she was going to stay with her dad for some time. Elizabeth got a bit agitated by seeing all the people at the shops today. It was her goodbye of England after all and all those people were ruining it for her. The pad that Lizzy was holding was a gift from her grandma. She had already sketched a couple of trees and the house her grandma lived in. It seemed odd to say goodbye to England for at least another year and maybe more. Elizabeth's mother was still at home with her grandma so Elizabeth had some time alone. Walking through the busy streets and avoiding any psychical contact she manoeuvred her way to a less crowded area. In which she would finally settle down and open her pad, this area got some nice scenery at least. ''Hmm this could work'' Lizzy muttered while holding her hands up like a true artist.

As Halloween was approaching, Geo was on the lookout for bits and bobs that she could make her costume with for this year. She didn't have a plan yet, but she always liked to do things a little different to the norm anyway. When she was seven, she'd dressed up as a pineapple and won first place at her school fair.
Brighton was a particularly good place to find odd things, as everyone in this town were particularly odd themselves. No one cared that there was a ten year old walking around with pink hair, in fact they admired it. As Geo walked down the lanes a little further, she came by a number of stalls, selling all kinds of handmade items. She browsed, knowing full well she'd never be able to afford anything here. She found a nice leather cowboy hat, and trying it on for size, pulled a number of poses for the crowds amusement.

When she'd had enough of trying on clothes, Geo thought it would be best to find some food. She didn't fancy so much going back to the orphanage and rummaging around the other kids leftovers, and so instead took her last few pounds to buy herself a cheap and cheerful hotdog. A rare treat, she would justify. She scoffed it quickly, not wanting to waste any time, and wiped her mouth on the back of her jumper sleeve. While eating, she had begun to wander back to her home, when she spotted a girl around her own age sat by herself with her hands in the air. Book on lap, Geo tried to me nosy and wandered over subtly glancing over the girls shoulder. She hadn't even done anything Geo scofted. "Do you need a model?" She asked loudly, walking out in front of the girl and the scenery she was looking ahead at, and struck the poses she had done previously in the street. Although a joke, she was being half serious. Maybe she didn't know what to draw?

Still staring at the paper and the scene in front of her, she now knew what she wanted to make. Trying to find her bag so she could get a pencil or two she noticed the girl in front of her. The cotton candy coloured hared girl spoke to her in a pretty loud tone. ''Hello'' Elly muttered almost sarcastically. ''Nah, I am covered though''. Elizabeth pointed at the trees and a bit of the beach in front of her. ''That is the most beautiful model out there'' Elizabeth spoke calmly, hopefully the girl her ego wasn't busted that much.

If Brighton taught her one thing it was that nothing was odd or creepy and this girl was certainly no exception. ''I like your hair though, if I tried that my mum would kill me'' Her dad would probably do the same, but dad was safe and sound in New Zealand currently fast asleep. The girl must think she wasn't sane or something. Her accent was this weird mutated English/Australian sound and ten seconds ago she was waving her hands in the air. She didn't even try to defend herself, she knew she was sane and that is what counted. Elly never gave a flying monkey about what other people thought about her. ''I am Elizabeth by the way.'' Friendships were always hard to make if you don't stay in one place for longer periods of time. Elly was about to leave in a month of two to start a new journey.

Geo smiled unoffended when the girl replied that she was covered. She looked across and followed her gaze across to the horizon, squinting in the sunlight. Sure, it was pretty, but Geo wasn't sure if it was the greatest thing she'd ever seen.
"Thank you" she replied, turning back to the girl and making her way over to her. Her hair was her own choice, and she enjoyed the attitude that came with it. Geo was a hot headed creature at times, as her look was as bold as her opinions. At least at the moment, Geo wasn't too worried about anyone's opinion of her. Soon she would be far away from here, and be forced to start her life once more in a foreign new world with foreign new people.
As Elizabeth introduced herself, the pinked haired girl nodded in return. "Geo". She looked down at the sketchbook in Elizabeth's lap, trying to see if she were any good at the task at hand. A blank piece of paper? Ah well.
Geo took a seat beside the girl, hoping she wouldn't mind too much if she joined her. It had been a long day and she could do with a lie down before heading back to the orphanage. "Do you live around here?" She asked Beth, curious whether they'd be bumping into each other much more in the future.

After a quick search in her bag she found the charcoal pencil she liked the most. It was not an expensive pencil, she had actually bought it at Poundland. Her pencil glided over the paper, like it had belonged there all along. The drawing started to take shape and the general lines were all set. The girl introduced herself as Geo, Elly let out a soft laughter. She was sure it was an abbreviation of something. Maybe her name was Geometric or Georgette, heck she would probably never guess it right. Brighton's weather had finally brought her what she needed, a nice sunny day. It was a totally shocker for Elizabeth that it had not rained today, I mean it was England after all. One of the wettest places on the globe. Elly could use some company so she was glad Geo sat down next to her. When Geo asked if she lived around here Elly was sunken in thought. ''That is quiet a long story,'' Elly paused and sighed ''Long story short, my mum lives here and my dad lives in New Zealand every year I am shipped between the two.'' Elizabeth rattled the whole story off pretty quickly. She hoped that Geo didn't think she hated her parents or was some odd creature. She actually liked to look at Geo, use her as a muse. Her pink coloured hair somehow mesmerised her. ''Next year I am going to live semi permanently with my dad in New Zealand though'' Elly muttered in between putting more scribbles on her paper. ''You?''making friends in either England or New Zealand was hard. Since she would always leave them after a year. And when she returned most of them had already forgotten her or found new friends.

Geo's head flicked towards Beth in surprise as she mentioned she lived between Brighton and New Zealand. Surely it would be too much of a coincidence if she were to bring up her own living arrangements. Unfortunately for Geo, Beth did ask her and returned the question. Should she be honest and risk the girl thinking her a joke, or would she find yet another student who would be attending Hogwarts next year? Screw it she thought. "Well I'm moving to New Zealand in December" she said outright, wondering if Beth would assume she was playing a joke. There was no way they could both be at Hogwarts. Of all the people who lived in the south of England, what would be the chances of running into three!

"I'm attending a boarding school for my secondary school, but it's in New Zealand" she explained, carefully observing Beth's reaction. She seemed to be pretty focused on her drawing, but she wasn't sure if that was a mask. "Where are you staying in New Zealand?" She asked, hopeful that they would be nearby, so she would at least know a couple of people by the time she started there.

Sorry it's short!

It was hard for Elizabeth to talk about leaving England. It meant it was going to be permanent. The fact that the girl was going to live in New Zealand too was almost scary. Secretly Elly her thoughts had already wandered off to Hogwarts and she hoped Geo would be there as well. She would already know people and she wouldn't be the only one with a vague British accent in Oceania. Wasn't there a saying that magic would always find magic. Elly could only hope she was going to Hogwarts New Zealand with her. When Geo spoke of a boarding school she was kind of shocked. She tried to hide it with pushing her face even farther in her drawing pad. ''Ah, that must suck if your parents ship you off a boarding school that is a continent or two away.'' Elly tried to play dumb, it was hard for her to do. It felt like lying, but sometimes lying was good. The secret of magic couldn't come out. ''My dad works in a hospital in Auckland, we have a house there.'' Elly paused ''I am going to go to a boarding school aswell.''Elly hoped she didn't overshared, Hogwarts should stay a secret to every muggle. The obliviator squad was already busy with real work then some little witch babbling the secret out.

Elly wanted to test the girl though, so drew a fantasy scene on the landscape she just drew. A witch and a wizard in an amazing battle, they even had tiny house crests on their robes. To a muggle the crest would just be a simple fantasy crest, but to a wizard it was much more than that. The houses of Hogwarts were known to all witch and wizard in the world. A sound from the nearby ally took Elly back to the regular world. It was probably a squirrel, but it had taken Elly back a bit.

Geo listened as Beth too described a boarding school, and her heart began to beat a little faster. Although she was unprepared to talk about her own background, she nodded in agreement about a statement regarding parents. Geo would never know what parents were like, not truely. It would never stop her from appreciating what she did have though. What if Beth were to be going to Hogwarts? She didn't want to say anything, but she needed to know. Her eyes glanced down as she continued to listen, watching the battle come to life on the page. It reminded her of the battle of Hogwarts Scotland, all those years ago. Surely just a coincidence though. Geo's eyes squinted down at the tiny details, and noticed they even had little marks on their robes. Surely not.

"You sure love to draw, dont you?" She questioned, wondering how Geo would ensure she was drawing two students at the school she was to attend next year. "Do you ever use coloured pencils?" she pressed on, looking back up to the girls face for a reaction to her next statements. "My favourite colour is red." She added, hoping to demonstrate her personal feelings. "Do you also draw any animals? I have a good one for you to try" She smiled, sweetly trying to cover up her innocence should she be about to step her foot in it. "You should try and draw a Griffin." She announced, ready to explain to the girl what the hell that looked like if she'd got the wrong end of the stick.

The girl had asked her if she loved to draw. Elly had to think hard for an answer. She barely ever drew any more, she had used it to get rid of unwanted feelings. That time was over now and she didn't draw nearly as much. She only wanted a drawing of England as a souvenir of some kind. In her heart Elly knew it was going to a long time when she would be back here in England. She needed something to remember it from, the rain, the trees and even the noisy people. Lost in thought, she remembered the girl had actually asked a question and those normally required some kind of answer. ''Ehh, it is a nice way to create something so you won't forget'' Elly spoke almost shyly. Her cheeks turning the faint colour of pink.

Sometimes Elly could spend hours on one drawing and in that time not speak or move at all. Only her hands of course, she hated doing magical drawings. Elly retrieved a black leathered case to illustrate that she did had coloured pencils with her. She opened the case and took two colours out a red and green one. ''Yes, I do use coloured pencils, but I mainly draw in black and white. The girl either wasn't born with magical parents or she hadn't seen what she just had drawn. Or the girl was a random muggle after all, I mean it was possible she was in a muggle filled village anyway. Elly started to colour in the specific robes, red for the Gryffindor and green for the Slytherin. ''How cliche of me'' Elly thought. These houses were the most obvious to notice. If the girl liked red did that mean she wanted to be in Gryffindor or was Elly thinking too far away now. ''I am fond of red too, but I like phthalo blue the most.'' With that being said she used a blue coloured pencil to colour in the sky. She also used the green and the red to fill in sparks that were erupting from the tiny wands of the two wizards. ''A griffin you say, how about an eagle or a serpent?'' Elly just named the house animals. She did play it safe, what would happen if she mentioned a magical creature and she was a muggle. Maybe she could google it and find something out about the magical world. What if the girl would get obliviated by knowing too much, that was the last thing that Elizabeth wanted.

Geo nodded along as the girl spoke, once more watching her draw and colour in the figures having a duel. She was very good at drawing, and Geo admired her talent. Anyone could learn to draw and learn to be better, but she thought you'd at least need to have a basic creative spark. Geo did not have that. The more Beth spoke, the more she was convinced that she were to be a Hogwarts students. No one attends a boarding school in New Zealand, draws a pair of wizards from Gryffindor and Slytherin, AND names three of the four animals from the school without knowing about it. Geo just couldn't hold herself back any longer. She needed to know the truth, regardless of the concequences. "You're going to Hogwarts aren't you" she stated, matter of factly. That was it, it was out in the open now. Geo was confident she hadn't just broken the rules to Beth, and instead wanted her to reveal herself. It would be so wonderful to find someone before she'd even moved there, they would have so much to discuss.

Geo picked up one of Beth's pencils, and began to outline the crests further on her drawing, hoping she wouldn't mind too much about the wobbly lines. "There, now it's more obvious" She placed the pencil back down, and smiled towards her future classmate.

Elly giggled, she had left so many hints about the magical world. So Geo was going to Hogwarts New Zealand. Elly wouldn't be the only one with a funny British tone in her voice. ''Yes, I am'' a slight blush appeared on Elizabeth her face. Elly was excited to go to Hogwarts. She couldn't wait to learn real magic, of course some accidents had happened like when she had accidentally set something on fire. ''How did you know you were magical?'' Elly's mother had not told her that she was a witch. Only when Elizabeth set the trash can accidentally on fire her mother had told her. Elly was not mad, she didn't know any better and you had to wait for Hogwarts anyway. I mean there was no magical daycare for babies. When Geo took her pencils and began to draw on her drawing she was pissed. I mean it was her memory she was touching. But soon after the tiny moment of anger another feeling took over. Geo had just added to her memory of England. Geo didn't only add things to the drawing, but also to the memory. ''I thought it was obvious already'' Elly pouted, but laughed soon after. She secretly hoped she and Geo were going to be placed in the same house. But then again she had heard of other houses being friends with each other as well. Everything was possible in Hogwarts right.

''Are you excited for going to Hogwarts?''
Elly closed her sketchbook, her drawing was done. Somehow the last lines that Geo had made finished the piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back