Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Selene made her way to the great hall. She hadn't had many ideas as to what to dress as for Halloween so in the end she had dressed up in what in many places in the muggle world would be peoples idea of a witch. sure she was a witch but this was more of a muggle view of a witch like she had read in some muggle books. like the grim's fairy tales. she made her way to the great hall pleased with what she had managed to put together. it was a good thing that her wardrobe was starting to get a little darker and more gothic looking. once she entered the hall she looked around she liked Halloween, unlike helia. she liked the dark and the mysterious. she made a loop of the hall looking at the outfits and keeping an eye out for her friends. the problem with costumes was that she didn't recognise people as easily. especially some people who had full body outfits including large stuffed animal heads. she ended up taking a drink of punch before it got visited by pranksters and finding a spot against hte wall where she could keep a lookout at the people.

"Ugh, dammit." Elsie had spotted Zennon talking to some older girl near the entrance and whilst Rowan was perfectly content to stay where she was, Elsie barely even wanted to be in the same room as her brother and took her leave of her sister and Agnes. She moved well enough away until she was leaning on the wall next to what looked to be a witch with a drink. She nodded at the girl whom she vaguely recognised from her house, but was not close with. "Are you a witch?" She realised the question she had asked and laughed a little snort. "Sorry, I meant a muggle one... they never do get it quite right do they?" She asked, shaking her head. Of all the media that existed in the muggle world - she should know - she would have thought they would have more accuracy, though she supposed it was sheer luck of magic that there weren't more muggles around who know of magic. She picked some imaginary fluff off of her already fluffy jacket and leaned in. "Don't you just love Halloween?" She asked the girl. Honestly she seemed to radiate on the same frequency that Elsie did and she liked that.

Selene looked over as someone stood beside her and spoke. askingif she was a witch before clarifying. she smiled too chuckling slightly at the girls clarification. "Yes i am." she said. thinking of her exposure to muggle life. which wasn't very extensive other than a few markets they she had attended as her mother had sold soaps and creams. "I found a copy of some fairytales in the library and used them as inspiration. I guess i am also a witch the rest of the time so it isn't much of a costume." she said. "Who are you dressed as? if you don't mind me asking" she asked. hoping that she didn't mind but she didnt recognise the costume as being anything specific. she took a sip of her drink trying to remember where she recognised the girl from. and trying to put a name to the face. she realised that she had seen her in the common room but had never spoken to her. "Yes Halloween is great fun. who doesn't like to dress up and eat sweets" she said before taking a sip of her drink and realising that the wanted something to eat. she took her wand "Accio cauldron cake" she said. watching as a cake come towards her. "Sorry i should introduce myself. I am Selene Le Fey" she said thinking that it would only be polite to

Elsie nodded sagely as she listened to the younger girl. "Oh, that makes sense, I spend a bit of time with muggles when I'm at home, so I know abit about it, though it's a bit funny to sometimes see what they think of us, you know?" Elsie loved muggles, though sometimes she wondered what drove them to do the things they did, not that the magical community was really any better to be honest. "I love fairytales though, my mum used to read them to me and my sister when we were little..." and my brother, she thought, but didn't voice that part. "Me, well, I'm the Pumpkin Queen!" She had left her Pumpkin over by the door since it had gotten too heavy to drag around. She looked over at the table where Zennon was and then noticed he was looking over at her and quickly turned back to the girl. Selene Le Fey, oh! "You're related to Professor Le Fey, right? My sister has recently developed a weird thing for Divination, which is weird, because she used to think it was useless... no offence." She hoped she wasn't insulting this girl's relative now, but Le Fey was such an uncommon name, she had to have been related to the professor some how. "I'm Elsie Baros!"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it is late. I have been visiting my family all weekend and dont really have proper HNZ time.

Selene nodded as the girl explained about muggles and witches and not that hse cared about blood status but it made selene think that she probably wasn't a muggle-born. "the pumpkin queen is a cute loooking cstume. that jacket looks so soft" she said it wasn't as much of a costume as some of them. but it did look warm. "my grandma used to read them to me and my sister too when we were getting ready for bed. my favorite was the twelve dancing princesses" she said. she had liked the idea that the hours she had spent awake at night could have been spent dancing.
It seemed like the girl was familiar with her name even if they hadnt met. "Yes she is my mum" she said when she asked if she was related to professor Le Fey. there was no point denying anyhting. they were related. and they did look similar from the dark hair to the mismatched eyes. she nodded as the girl said that she thought divination was useless. "a lot of people think it is. and there are a lot of cons around. butmost of my family are seers so I know it has its uses." she said. thinking about times when her mum had looked into the future when going to market days to see if it was going to rain. or not. and one market when she had out the rain shelter up even if it had forecast sun and was sunny then when a storm had hit in the afternoon everyone had sheltered at their stand. "good to meet you Elsie. you are ravenclaw too right? I think i have seen you in the common room. she said. not quite sure waht else to add to the conversation.

No worries!!
Elsie nodded as the girl complimented her outfit, she hadn’t put as much effort into it as she probably could have, but she liked it and she was enjoying the comfortable feel of it, at least she wasn’t having to lug the pumpkin around anymore, that hadn’t been fun at all! “It is!” She said, moving closer and holding a part of the best out for her to feel. “Its sooooo fluffy, I love it!” She was probably going to have to find other uses for this jacket, since it seemed to be a hit with everyone she’d spoken to so far. “Ah, I like that book, but personally I preferred James and the Giant Peach, it was a bit rough at first but you get into it pretty quickly!” She added, nodding her head. Twelve dancing princesses was indeed a good book, but it was definitely more Rowan’s speed than hers. When she heard Le Fey was her mother though she but her lip. “Uh, sorry. Don’t tell her I said that, will you? I don’t want her to fail me!” Though hearing the woman night actually be a seer was pretty cool, she wanted to ask Selene about it, but knew now probably wasn’t the best time. She looked around at some of the older students, a couple of them clearly enjoying their last Hogwarts Halloween. “Yeah, I’m a Ravenclaw, can you believe that some of these people are in their final year?” She asked watching some of them interacting together. “When I was a first year, that seemed like such a long way away, now I’m a fourth year, I’ve only got a little while left to go... that’s crazy! I can’t even imagine what I’ll be like in four years!”

Selene smiled when the girl said that she liked that book. but it wasn't her favourite and explained that her favourite book was called james and the giant peach. "the twelve princesses was my favourite fairytale, not my favourite book. my favourite book has to be one of my mythology ones. she said pausing to try and think if she recognised the name of the book she was talking about but it didn't make her think of anything. "James and the giant peach? I havent heard of that one before. What is it about?" she asked.
as the girl seemed to be embarrassed that she had insulted her mum without meaning to. she shook her head. "don't worry. I won't tell her I don't think she has ever failed anyone before and you aren't the only person who distrusts seers. It is nice to meet someone as Selene and not professor le fey's daughter." she said not sure if the last bit made sense but people did treat you differently if your mum taught at the school.
she looked at where the other girl was looking at the students enjoying themselves. "It is weird to think of it like that. the seventh year still seems so far away. the seventh years seem so grown up. but the first years also seem too small" she said. thinking back to her first yule ball where she had gone as a squire. "there are so many different costumes. those two vampires are creepy. and that fairy must be a first year. and some of those princess dresses seem like they wouldn't be out of place at the yule ball not at Halloween" she said. she wondered what costume she would have next year and in future years. she loved dressing up but as much fun as it would be to do a joint costume with her twin heliana was not a fan of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back