OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
First: Sorry about missing last week's update, things got really, really, crazy. -_-

A Reminder:

If you have multiple characters on HNZ you also have multiple accounts for their characters, it's how the RP here is set up.
So, if you have more than one character and thusly more than one account make sure you role play with the right account (character) and don't just post using one account 'roleplaying as' the other character!
It isn't a gianormous deal to switch accounts, and if it is we may consider adding a code that will allow you to switch between user accounts.
Until then the rules stand and you should ensure you use your "Mary Sue" account to post as "Mary Sue".

Birthday Celebrations:

HNZ's Birthday Celebrations were opened up on April 19[sup]th[/sup] to begin celebrating HNZ's fourth birthday, on Paril the 29[sup]th[/sup], this past Wednesday, HNZ officially turned four! Happy Birthday HNZ! ^_^
Even though the birthdate has past the celebrations continue! Keep checking that forum for new threads and new games! :D

Birthday Graphics Competition
Congratulations to Lemina Troque whose banner was voted to have won the Birthday banner competition.
You can see her banner displayed in the "4th Birthday" theme and in the birthday celebrations forum.

Birthday Raffle
The Birthday Raffle closed on Wednesday and Autumn Gwin was drawn to be the winner of the Hot Pink username and this forum icon:
cake.png
for the week.
Michael Drape was drawn for second place and recieved a forum icon for the week. :) (View original thread...)
Congratulations to both winners!
Maybe we'll have another raffle in the future?

Collaborative Writing
For a board of role players you depress me. :p Check out this thread and post if you can muster up four simple sentences. I think it'd be very awesome to have a community created fan fiction for the board, don't you?

Community Signature
The community signature has come along nicely thus far (click), thank you to everybody who has added their name on the signature!
If your name is still missing from the signature feel free to add it, no matter how active or new to the board you are! (View the thread!)

Forum Changes:

A few forums have been moved about/re-ordered in the past few hours so here's the jist of the changes for you:
[ul][li]The FAQ Forum is once again a subforum of General Information. A bug we were encountering seems to have been fixed, so it's back where it belongs.</LI>
[li]Character and Roleplay Development, the Application Center, and the Background Center are now subforums of the Character Handbook forum. This was done in order to clean up much of the "Members Area" category.
Thank you to Lily Potter who thought up the "Character Handbook" forum name.
[li]Checking In and Out can now be found in the Out of Character Section[/li][/ul]

Character Spotlight:

Congratulations to Zazuka Bones for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character!
Her biography can be found here and her relationships thread here. (Read More...)

Exams:

Exams should be posted in all classes for all years by tomorrow and they'll be wrapping up for the End of the Year Feast which is on Thursday.
Thank you to all Professors who've been keeping on top of things, and all students who've been posting in classes!
I know I haven't been able to keep up with everything myself, so I'm really quite glad you've all managed it! ^_^

Sorting:

A date for sorting has 'finally' been slated!
The sorting ceremony will officially open to Unsorted Students on Friday, May 8[sup]th[/sup], 2009!

That's all I can think of that needs highlighting/mentioning for this past week.
If you know of anything else that should be mentioned feel free to PM me.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this update you're always invited to reply to this thread!

Until next update expect more...
[ul][li]Celebrations
[li]Surprises
[li]Fun and Games
[li]Competitions
[li]Plots
<LI>[li]Awesomeness.[/li][/ul]

Thank you, and good night!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Out of curiousity, will the Sorting form be available before the actual Sorting begins (a couple of days before), or will it be posted in the Sorting thread?

Sorry, I was wondering.

Good question. ^_^
It depends on how my week goes, I think. I'll try to get the form up before sorting opens, but if not it'll just be posted at the same time. :)

When will 2nd years be able to pick their electives?

please post any other questions in the FAQ area.
Isabella if you pm your HoH with your elective choice and then next year make sure you attend those specific ones. ^_^
If you have a particular job in mind for later years, then I suggest maybe asking your HoH what elective might be helpful in that area. ;)

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
please post any other questions in the FAQ area.
Or at least the ones that are unrelated to this update. ^_^
Andromeda Fiorelli said:
Isabella if you pm your HoH with your elective choice and then next year make sure you attend those specific ones. ^_^
If you have a particular job in mind for later years, then I suggest maybe asking your HoH what elective might be helpful in that area. ;)
That's accurate. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back