the three schools

Nina nodded and said, "James is his eldest son. Why?"

Sakura smiled at Lily obviously thinking another groupie for the collection.
"Yeah James is his eldest but don't let him hear you even mention his father, you'd do better to mention his grandfather James. He gets pretty irksome when anyone mentions him in relation to his famous father", well it was the truth she liked Lily and certainly didn't want James blowing up at her for no good reason. Best she be equipped with the facts if she was going to talk with him.

Nina nodded and laughed, the first time she met James was a complete mess. Nina got a little to excited and had insulted James, he didn't really like people saying that. Nina assumed his little brother didn't either but had never met him.

Lily laughed. "I was just curious. Potter is not too common of a last name. I only know one other Potter besides myself here at school, well, did know. Courtney never came back this year. There were some issues at home she had to deal with." She looked at Sakura. "I will make sure never to mention the famous Harry Potter in his presence. I just think it would be kinda neat to meet another Potter. My family are the only ones I know outside of Courtney with the Potter last name at all." Lily realized she was rambling, so she stopped with a giggle. "Sorry. I tend to ramble." She smiled at the girls, shrugging her shoulders.

((I'm so sorry, guys! Stupid work and lack of a computer))

Katerina listened, interested, as the Hogwarts Scotland and New Zealand students talked about houses. Durmstrang was nothing like that. There was no intense rivalries between groups of students. Durmstrang trained their students to achieve well individually, not as a group. Not that Katerina minded, she was a rather shy and private person, and preferred to be alone. But at Hogwarts, she was out of her own environment, and alone.
"Harry Potter?" Katerina asked. "Didn't he win the last TriWizard Tournament?" Her father never spoke much of Harry Potter - indeed, their family did not have much to do with him. After all, her mother had attended Beauxbatons, and her father had attended Durmstrang. It appeared to Katerina that there were many subtle differences she hadn't even picked up on, growing up in a wizarding family in Moscow and attending Durmstrang, as opposed to growing up in England, or New Zealand, and attending Hogwarts.

"No he didn't another boy did, but he died during it, Cedric Diggory." Nina said looking at Sakura, she knew they were related and knew that this would be a little difficult for her and her family.

Lily looked surprised. "I think I read something about that at one point. To be honest, I really have not learned a ton about the previous tournament. I just remember reading that the last tournament that was held, Voldemort made his return. Sometimes I really wish I was not muggle-raised." Lily frowned, again realizing the downfalls of her background.

"Yeah I understand that one." Nina said empatheticly. Nina leaned toward Sakura and whispered, "I think Cedric would have been proud of you being sent here, Sakura." Nina stood straight hoping Sakura wouldn't get mad at her for mentioning her late uncle.

"Thanks Nina" she smiled knowing deep down now how much she had hurt her family by going against their wishes. They really hadn't wanted her to come here at all.
"Actually both Cedric and Harry touched the cup together. Harry told my grandparents shortly afterwards. So they were both winners. I think you should go to James and speak with him, I'll give him the heads up for you if you like. He does enjoy finding out about his grandfathers side of the family alot. Apparently his grandfather was as reckless as he is." she turned for a moment gathering her thoughts, she really had been selfish to put her name forward hadn't she?

Lily looked at Sakura as she explained about her uncle and Harry Potter. She was really clueless on alot of modern wizarding history. She would have to check out a book on it sometime soon. "I might Sakura. Maybe give him a bit before I do though. Don't want to look like some kinda stalker or anything." She smiled, hoping the girl wouldn't really think of her as a stalker, but instead a girl searching for the relatives that she never knew she had.

With a smile Sakura turned back to Lily.
"Knowing James he'll be thrilled to have someone goodlooking be related to him" a small laugh escaped her.
"I'm joking of course but I think he would be delighted. Now tell me what's all this I hear about a Halloween Feast, what do you do at it exactly?"

Lily laughed at Sakura's comment. "Me? Goodlooking? You are way too kind. But I will talk with him eventually, just give him a chance to adjust to being here." She listened to Sakura's question, then looked a bit shocked. "Oh wow, it is time for the Halloween Feast already isn't it? Well, it is pretty fun. We all dress up and hang out in the Great Hall and dance and eat and have a great time. We also have a costume contest. It is a blast, but I would recommend not trying to pull any pranks. The profs are all on high alert that night." She winked at Sakura, hoping she would realize that Lily was the kind that had pulled a few pranks in the past.

"A Halloween feast?" Katerina repeated incredulously, her pale features becoming even whiter. "I had heard about the Yule Ball, but I had no idea about this. There seems to be an awful lot of socializing here," she said, shyly. Katerina wasn't exactly a social butterfly. She much preferred books to boyfriends (especially after Nicolae), and was far more content to read than to party.

"Are you going to go? I know a few other Durmstrang students will be attending." Nina said politely to Katerina, she seemed rather shy and Nina assumed she wouldn't be going.

((CRAP!! Wrong account! =S please ignore this post :p))

((as if you didn't all know it was me anyway...))

Katerina shook her head, her blonde hair falling over her face. "Oh, no, definately not. I have never celebrated Halloween, and I have no intention of doing so. I will be attending the Yule Ball, as we are required to, but I shall give the Halloween Feast a miss." Katerina didn't even know what other Durmstrang students were going, she hadn't seen many around apart for Yvan, who had also tried to talk her in to attending.

[Well I know now :o]

"Thats too bad." Nina said shrugging off the thought. Then smiled kindly to Katerina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back