The Spawn He Left Behind

Thorine allowed Christian to crawl on to the bed as she watched Arnost with their baby. He looked magnificent standing there holding that new life that they had created. She had been convinced that all her feelings would return to normal once she had pushed the baby out but looking at him now she was tempted to even admit that she loved this man, truly loved him. Was that even possible for her? She had thought it once with Tristan but soon discovered that he fell very short of the expectations she had and what she had considered love was merely lust. This though was different, she could feel it in her very core. Not sure what to do with this new realization she looked down at her son and smiled.

"Do you like your baby sister?" he smiled of course and nodded his head yawning and falling back to sleep. She caught sight of Estrella standing there and actually smiled at her as well.
"Goia take Christian back to his room and show Estrella to the guest room near Christians. It is late now" she turned her gaze on the girl once more, "I am sorry you had to stay, but please continue you at least you can be on your way more refreshed after a good nights rest. I know your brother would be delighted to see you in the morning".

Arnost glanced over at Estrella and he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Arnost released a sigh, and he murmured, "I wonder if Asparuh will be expecting me to return to Bulgaria anytime soon." Arnost gave a small shrug, and his black eyes went back to Vixen. The newborn was quiet now, and stared up at her father with crystal blue eyes. Arnost wondered what color they would change into once she was older. His eyes went back to Thorine, and even though the child was out, he still had that same feeling he had before.

He went back to the days he was married to Mariya. When he wasn't as evil, he actually loved, but then he murdered her and went cold ever since. That was such a long time ago. Even Anya didn't mean anything to him. And yet, this feeling he was receiving while looking at Thorine was sending his mind into a whirlpool. Could evil really love? Deciding to wait on this, he would have to think logically about this assumption. According to many others in his family, love only got in the way of what is truly right in the world.

After the whole excitement of birthing the child, thankfully he was a male and could not do such a thing, Arnost was wide awake - more so when he was out doing missions. His eyes landed upon his daughter once more, and he saw that she was growing sleepy herself. There was a new addition to the tree, and Arnost was very proud of it.

Nastasia turned to Yema who had helped her with the birth and as Nastasia could not perform magic, had also cleaned up everything. She stood now watching her cousin hold her baby and felt a longing to someday hold one of her own but she knew that would never happen. She never put herself out there enough to allow herself to meet anyone. For now at any rate she was content to simply care for Thorine's children.

She walked quietly to the bed and gently picked up Christian who nestled into her arms.
"I will take him cousin" she knew Thorine tolerated no overruling of her say so but wanted to settle Christian herself while the house elf got on with more important things. This was technically her job after all.

The cousins looked at one another, no animosity passing between them and then Nastasia left to bring Christian to his own chambers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back