Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella's insides were squirming with excitement more often than not these days. In her last days of school, she had imagined her first few months as a graduate would be horrid. Much to the contrary, in fact. She was going to be married soon- something she had definitely not anticipated to happen in years to come- and was back in New Zealand to do a few things, as much as she hated being away from her fiance. The eighteen year old had to inform her boss that she would no longer be working at Flourish and Blotts, then she was off to stirring up Obsidian Harbor with Courtney. Today, however, she would neither be going to a bookstore or spending time with an old friend. No, today, she was meeting Christian.

Although Estrella had met her little brother before, she had not known it at the time, so it really didn't count. Thorine had offered ages back, it seemed, to let her visit the young boy. If the eighteen year old remembered right, he had to be two now. Two and without his father around. The thought both saddened and angered her. She was hoping to be able to form some bond with her sibling- something she had not been able to truly do before. That was, if his mother allowed it. Estrella supposed she would step onto that unfamiliar bridge when she reached it.

It took her a bit of backtracking, but she managed to find Carrow Hall minutes before the time she had arranged with Thorine. Carrow Hall was daunting, to say the least. Not that she could make many judgments. Using the door knocker, she moved back and waited for the door to be answered. A house elf that was obviously getting on in years opened the door, and invited her in. He wasn't overly friendly, yet he wasn't impolite either. Estrella observed the home with interest. The Carrows- or whoever they were, the eighteen year old wasn't very good with last names- had definitely been well off.

Goia apparated to her room and told her their guest had arrived, Thorine removed her rather large frame from the rocking chair and smoothening out the emerald gown she wore and checking to make sure her hair was immaculate, she left her chambers and began to make her way down to greet Estrella. She had sent Goia to bring Christian down to meet his sister, typically Goia had muttered vehemently about letting the Drage spawn near Christian until Thorine had to remind him that his precious Christian was also a Drage spawn. This shut the old elf up quick enough and muttering quietly lest he disturb the new master of the house, Goia had gone off to bring his charge.

Slowly she walked down the staircase only to see Estrella still in the entrance hall. She could pleasantly kick the living daylights out of Goia for his lack of etiquette but attempted now to remedy the situation. Thorine didn't often get the chance to play hostess these days or ever really and with her pregnancy nearing its end, she welcomed the diversion immensely.
"Estrella, welcome to our home. I do apologize for my house elves rudeness for making you wait in the foyer" she stepped off the stairs and walked as elegantly as she could with her massive bump towards the girl. Hand outstretched she indicated a room just off the foyer. A large room but it was all homely furnished unlike the grandeur on display in other rooms. This particular room was child proofed and large enough to allow Christian to play without breaking too much.
"Please sit down, your brother will be here in a moment. Goia has gone to fetch him" she tried to smile but a slight twinge took the pleasantness out of the look and turned it into more a grimace instead.
"So you have graduated then. Congratulations. What plans have you for the future then?"

Her hands at her sides, Estrella waited in the foyer, pacing in tiny steps and admiring the decor. Christian was definitely growing up in a lovely home. While her amazement was great, it was nothing to match her excitement. She spun around slowly to face her hostess. The woman was just as elegant as her surroundings, despite the fact that it seemed as if a melon had taken place of her stomach. Estrella smiled, wondering at the ability of mothers able to appear so refined. Would she have that talent one day?

"It's no problem, really," the brunette responded softly. Figuring it would be rude to stay fixated on the woman's stomach, she kept her gaze on the blonde's. She nodded and followed Thorine into a side room. As instructed, Estrella took a seat, hoping to Merlin that she was presentable. Her nervousness kept her speaking at a minimum. "Actually, I don't have as much planned as I would like to," she commented. "I- still haven't decided where I'm going to go yet. I'd like to get into working at the schools, but I am probably going to have to secure another job right now." She held her hands in her lap, effectively hiding the ring- or at least she thought so- for the time being. She hadn't yet decided whether she would tell Thorine about her engagement. Would the woman find it silly, irresponsible? She was only eighteen, after all. "Has all been going well?"

This surprised Thorine greatly, that Estrella had nothing planned. Nothing has surprised her half as much as the girls statement. She had always seemed do collected, so assured of who she was.
"No doubt in time it will come to you. Best not to rush into anything, you certainly don't want to be caught in a job where there are no expectations and no prospects. Remember who you are always and you will do fine Estrella" she turned her head at the slight movement she heard on the stairs. The pitter patter of feet racing across the cold tiled entrance hall as Christian ran into the room to his mother, his cat Persia in tow. This had been in replacement for the broom that Tristan had gotten him. Thorine had felt terrible about it but would not of course admit so at the time, instead she waited and when the child finally saw something he simply 'had' to have, she got it for him and told him that it was a gift from his father. Why he had called the cat Persia was beyond her but the two were now like siamese twins, they went everywhere together.

people-boy-cat.jpg
His hair was the color of cornflour as his mothers but he had his fathers eyes.
"Mommy, mommy. Goia saish we has a gest all for me" his little chubby hands reached up to her, as the cat curled inbetween Christian's legs. With a sidelong glance he noticed Estrella. He had been much too young for any memory of her to have stayed with him, so now he simply looked at her wide eyed.

"Ish she all mine mommy?" he asked in his adorable childlike voice. Thorine smiled and nodded.
"This is your big sister Estrella and she has come to visit you" gently pushing him in his sisters direction, Thorine waited to see how her son would react. She had prepared him of course for the meeting but children were so unpredictable.

With tiny tentative steps he bridged the gap until he was standing infront of her. He stuck out his chubby little hand with a lop sided smile on his face.
"I ish thristen an' you ish all mine" he turned to smile at his mother who was shaking her head slowly.

"He cannot pronounce his name properly yet and when he tries it always comes out as Tristan" she explained, knowing this maddened Goia no end.

Rubbing her thumb against the smooth, purple stone as Thorine spoke, Estrella nodded. She wasn’t certain where her life with Jaken was going to take her. The only thing she really knew, the one consistency, was that he would be there. At this point she was not sure if or where she would consider employment. The woman’s words would definitely be kept in mind.

She glanced to the doorway as Thorine turned her head. A tiny child charged through with a striped cat in tow, moving immediately to his mother. Estrella could not help beaming as she observed him. Christian. He was adorable and sweet, all that a two year old could be. His sister’s brown eyes were warm with mirth as he turned his attention to her.

Her heart already a mess of melted goo, she responded softly, “Yes, Christian, if you want me to be, I am all yours. My name is Estrella.” She reached to touch his chubby hand gently in what could hardly be called a handsake, but suited its purpose nonetheless. His skin was soft, like satin. Who wouldn’t immediately fall in love with the boy, with his mess of blond hair, big blue eyes and sunny disposition?

She had exhibited tiniest of winces as Christian pronounced his name and Thorine called upon it. Probably a painful name to hear. It was in this moment she hated her father most, though she betrayed this with only a nervous look at the woman. She wasn’t sure how taboo of a subject Tristan was in this household, so she decided it might be better to shy away from it if Thorine did not wish to discuss it. Grinning even more widely at Christian, she stated, “He’s very handsome.” There was no way he wouldn’t have been, not with a mother as beautiful as he had. She had noticed the cat follow him in. “I didn’t know you had a kitty, Christian! What’s her name?” Animals were usually a topic of excitement for children her brother’s age.

Christians face instantly lit up when she took his hand in hers but when she asked about his cat he took his hand away again and turned to the cat that was now moving inbetween his legs again. Lifting the cat up by the hind legs, so that it's tail was almost whipping him across his face. Christian shook his head at his sister.

"not a kitty Treya, is a cat. Gurls have de kitty's boys has de cats" he beamed at her trying to hoist the back end of Persia over to show her. The cat allowed the boy to treat it like this, for no other reason than he knew that the boy was his master and as rough as he could be he was also very gentle and caring. Sometimes to the point of smothering and these times Persia did meow his way high pitched in annoyance to his bed.

"My daddy, he buy'd him for me. Didn't he mommy?" he tried again to lift the cat but it was no use, "silly Pursha".
He finally left go and let the cat run around the back of his legs and hide there.

Thorine inhaled slightly knowing that her house elf standing just at the door way had gone pale in the face at the mention of the 'd' word. She could not contain her amusement at this and for Goia's sake sent him to the kitchen to get some refreshments.

"You will stay as well for dinner?" she asked Estrella, Thorine felt it necessary to explain about the 'dad' in Christian's life and smiled warmly at her son as she did so, "Tristan loves his son very much and though we do not see eye to eye or care much for one another, that fact cannot be contested. Everyday I tell Christian about his father, the great deeds he does and has done and how much he loves and misses him."

Estrella wanted to burst out into laughter as Christian dragged the cat around, snatching it by the hind legs to show her the back end. She restrained herself however, knowing that condoning hurting the animal even more was not a good idea. Children were so rough when it came to furry animals. The smack-pet was even more hilarious to watch, and she figured she would see that before the end of her visit with her brother.

"Oops, my mistake I guess. Persia is a cat, then." She grinned back at her brother, becoming more endeared to him by the second. She raised an eyebrow slightly as the boy proclaimed his father had bought the feline for him. Her father had had contact with Christian after all? "Oh, did he now? That was nice of him."

"If you would like me too, it would be my pleasure." She turned her attention to Thorine for the moment, listening intently as she exclaimed. Estrella's smile was quirked as she looked back to the blonde, halfhearted and not completely there. "He- well, he loves him a lot." Instead of slandering her father, she made a feeble attempt at encouraging the image that Christian had of him, knowing that little ears heard the most when they wanted to. She tussled Christian's hair and forced an even bigger grin, diverting from what she was really feeling. 'Great deeds' was a statement so exaggerated that it plead for a quick and painless death, at least in the teenager's point of view.

Thorine had a fair idea what Estrella must be thinking but she only gave the slightest indication of it by smiling at Christian who was now attempting to clamber up on to the sofa beside Estrella. Unfortunately the cat was scrabbling at his trousers at the same time. so Christian felt as if he were attempting to climb Everest. With every move upwards he was pulled back down until at last he gave one big tug only for Persia to do the same. Christian went one way while his trousers went the other. Only as far as his ankles but he turned exhausted on the sofa and pointed a finger at the cat.

"cru-so" he said angrily trying to pull up his pants. Thorine sat bolt upright at the word and turned immediately to Goia. The look she gave him was enough to send the house elf from the room. She turned her attention to Christian, somewhere deep inside she knew Goia had been taking him to the gallery to see the ancestors but was this what they were teaching him there. An unforgiveable before he could even speak properly. As thrilled as she might have been once upon a time, she was now horrified. This was her son, he would have his education from her. The trips to the gallery would be stopped. The shock of what her son had said had upset her and a twinge shot through her back causing her to exhale deeply. Sudden movements this late in her pregnancy really shouldn't be done.

Pride stopped her from apologising to Estrella for what she had heard her brother say, the little boy didn't even know he had done wrong as he stood up on the sofa and placed two chubby arms about Estrella's neck to try to hug her.
"You vary purdy for a gurl".

As Thorine attempted to stand instead, thinking a walk about the room was more inorder she could not help but notice a flash of jewellery on Estrella's ring finger. The girl seemed intent on covering it up, for now she would say nothing but perhaps over dinner Estrella would explain it.

Watching Christian attempt to join her on the sofa, Estrella had to suppress a fit of giggles. She didn't want to embarrass the little boy after all. Nor did she want to take a blow to his independence; he was trying his hardest and it was for this reason she didn't reach down to help him up. He sure seemed angry at Persia, who through effort had managed to drag the boy's pants down to his ankles. The sight was comical, so instead of laughing her head off like she was used to doing, the teenager morphed her amusement into an even wider smile.

"Cruso?" she wondered, slightly confused. Hopefully she wasn't uttering some horrible swear word that Christian wasn't supposed to repeat. As the child wrapped his arms around her neck, she hugged him back gently, not wanting to harm his small body in any way. "Aww, thank you, Christian! And you're a very handsome boy. I bet you have lots and lots of girlfriends!" She of course was joking at this, the little boy was only two years old, after all.

Thorine appeared to be having some sort of trouble, and Estrella glanced back at the woman with concern. "Are you alright?" she asked softly. She forced another wide smile back at Christian to shield him from her worry.

Thorine was amazed that Estrella hadn't recognized the word for what it was but was grateful at the same time too. The twinges seemed to get more intense and when her guest asked her if she was alright, she could only nod her head and smile. Waving her hand for the two to carry on.

Christian ignoring his mothers plight simply crawled across Estrella's lap not wanting her attention diverted from him. She was his after all. He tried to stand on shaking legs on her lap, then reached out and put his chubby little hands on either side of her face. He often did this with Persia his cat who seemed to like it so maybe his sister would too. He rubbed his nose against hers then broke into a fit of giggles.
"You nosh not cold Treya. Pursha always cold" he turned around to climb down again this taking less time than the ascent had been. Once down he ran to his mother and tugged on her dress.

"Yes my love" she smiled at him as the wave of pain receded.

"I am hansum, Treya say so".

Thorine very carefully bent down to try and meet him at his level but didn't quite make it.
"That's right you are, if Estrella says so. She never lies" she now winked at her son and turned to tug on the satin rope at the side of the fireplace, which also helped her to stand straight again.

Goia entered and looked embarrassed and humble at least, a fresh bruise was on the side of his head and Thorine knew instantly that he had been punishing himself. Not for actually taking the boy to see his grandparents or other Dolohov's and Carrow's but that he had been found out.

"Have you forgotten the refreshments Goia?" she asked him, the house elf looked even more embarrassed now as he mumbled that he had but he would take care of it straight away. As he left she decided that she would not wait until dinner after all.

"So do you usually carry such a piece of jewellery as that about with you?" she smiled returning to the chair opposite her while Christian followed. At the mention of jewellery he waddled over to Estrella.

"Me see, me see".

Estrella grinned back at Christian, letting him crawl onto her lap. He proceeded to paw at her face with his chubby hands, and then rubbed his nose against hers in what her aunt would have called an ‘Eskimo kiss.’ She snickered at him as he giggled at her. “Nope, my nose isn’t cold. I’m not a cat like Persia!”

Chuckling, she observed the little boy as he left the couch and heckled his mother. He was a little bundle of energy. This was going well, she had to say. Estrella was lucky that she had encountered such a friendly and outgoing child as her brother; her visit would probably not be going so well if she had been meeting a child who was frightened by his own shadow. She paid the house elf little mind, a quick glance his way verifying that he had done something to displease his mistress.

Thorine’s question caught her off guard. A rosy pallor invaded her cheeks, as she fought for the right words. “I- um,” she stammered, a bit tongue tied at the moment. “No, not usually.” Well, the cat was out of the bag now. As Christian made his way over, she held out her hand for him to see. The purple gem gleamed with the light passing through it. At this point, all she could really do was look sheepish. She could only hope that her hostess would not be angry with her.

"ooooh" was all the little boy could say as he saw the ring on her finger,"shiny" and then his attention was diverted by Persia running after a tassel on the curtain. Christian chased after him getting knotted up in the curtain along with his cat, then sat there giggling.

Thorine let her son be, knowing he could well get himself out of his own mess, even at such a young age. She walked slowly to Estrella and carefully picked up the hand she held out.

"that is beautiful. congratulations" she smiled at her, "It is congratulations and not for any other reason. You're not hurrying in to this are you?"
she didn't know why she felt concern or protective over the girl, she simply did. Blaming it on the pregnancy she turned to walk back to her chair when another wave of pain shot through her. This time she could not keep in the suddeness of the attack.
She clutched her swollen stomach and cried out in anguish.

Goia hurried in and stood there for a moment before calling Yema. He ordered her to go and fetch the master, the mistress was going into labour and he would want to be there for her.

Walking over to his mistress he turned to the girl.
"You can stay but Christian should not see this. Can you bring him to his room?" he turned back to the woman who was going to give birth to another pureblood and at that moment Goia could not have been more proud.

Estrella smiled as Christian's attention span went out the window once again. He was definitely a riot. She was clearly amused as the boy got tangled up in the curtains; he seemed to be content for now. "Thank you," the girl responded softly as Thorine complimented the ring and congratulated her. She was quite glad that the woman didn't condemn her for it. While young, she was certain that she wanted this. "We've planned the wedding for the end of this month..." she responded, her voice trailing off. The date was not so far away.

She paled as the woman let out an agonized cry. What in the world... It didn't take her long to recognize that it had something to do with the baby. Was she going into labor? Estrella was grateful that the house elf rushed in, considering she knew zilch about babies. The teenager was frozen to her seat. Only when the elf prompted her to take Christian away from this scene, she nodded and somehow managed to move again.

Untangling the curtain, Estrella picked up Christian and planted a kiss on his forehead. "Hey, kiddo, want to show me your room?" she said enthusiastically, trying to convey to the little boy that it would be a very good idea. "I bet you have tons of toys we could play with!" She set him back down on his feet and waited for a response. Glancing back at Thorine, she wished her the best silently. Although she had never been present at a birth before, she would be more than happy to keep Christian occupied and out of the way.

Freshly cleaned up, Arnost was brushing his long hair before tying it behind his head. He was lurking in his chambers, and he put on a fresh set of black robes when he heard someone standing in the doorway. Turning, he saw Yema who beckoned him. Arnost was about to send the elf on its way, until those words echoed, "Mistress needs you right away." Arnost had this odd expression on his face, when he brushed by the elf. Hurrying through Carrow Hall, he entered the room where his instincts brought him. Arnost saw Goia, and he raised an eyebrow. It didn't occur to him what was going on, until he saw Thorine. Having seen it once in his life, he thought he would recognize the signs.

She's going into labor... he thought. He glanced over at the teenager and Thorine's other child. It never bothered him that he came from a different father. In fact, his children all had different mothers and only two of the three were worthy enough. Though one was dead and the other was in agonizing pain right now. Arnost went to Thorine's side, and he whispered, "We probably should get you to a hospital unless you prefer home birthing."

Instincts kicking in, Arnost glanced over at Goia and he said, "We will be need a cloth and some pillows to make her as comfortable as possible." He was glad he wasn't a female and having to go through something like this. The only affect the pregnancy had upon him was that it made him a lot warmer and brought his humanity back for the time being. Though he would be here for his child, whenever Thorine needed or wanted, he just could not wait to get back into his cold attitude and start killing ruthlessly again, and he also couldn't wait to hold his pure-blood child at the same time. Strange how two different personalities and desires clashed.

Thorine inhaled deeply as yet another wave hit her. Goia briskly took control of the situation and she could only smile at him. This was it, her baby girl wanted to come out. A little early but not by much. She did the breathing exercises that the mid wife had gone through with herself, Nastasia and Goia. She looked at Goia now and let him know in no uncertain terms that he had also better call her cousin. She seriously didn't fancy Goia pulling the baby out.

She looked over at Estrella.
"Thank you" she mouthed to her trying to keep control as the contractions began to increase and with it the pain. She wanted to cry out again but practised more deep breathing instead and grabbed Goia by the hand and squeezed tightly.

The house elf would gladly have screamed for her especially when she took his hand but for her sake he resisted. As soon as she let go, he apparated to Nastasia's room and told her she was badly needed but to go to the mistresses bedroom instead. With that he went back downstairs to where she was now standing behind the sofa holding on to it and breathing and panting to help her labour along.

She knew she should be nervous but how could she be when she was about to come face to face with her baby. Within no time at all Arnost entered the room and she could only smile at him. Goia listened and though he did not want to disobey the master, he felt he had to get the situation at hand cleared.

"Master, all is ready and waiting for the mistress in her room. Nastasia will be there for her. If you sir would like to bring her there" Goia would have sidealong apparated her but was fearful something would go wrong. He would rather the master do it than he any day.

"She's in a hurry to get here" Thorine said to Arnost as another wave hit her, this time she could not but cry out.

Estrella's eyes widened as a man nearly seven feet in height entered the room. And she would be damned if he wasn't Jaken's grandfather. He didn't seem to recognize her, though given the situation, she didn't really blame him and was quite relieved. Hiding her left hand, she took Christian's with her other one and followed him out of the room with Persia in tow. While the cat was indifferent to Thorine's condition, her son was very worried. "Your mum's just busy right now, kiddo- we'll get to see her again in no time." The brunette busied herself with distracting the young child with toys and games, quite glad that two-year-olds had such short attention spans.

Nastasia did not have to be told twice what was happening, Yema informed her directly after she had informed Arnost Zhevarofich about his partner going into labour. She still had not made any opinion one way or the other on this man but they seemed to make each other happy enough and they both idolised the baby that was about to come into the world. She prepared the room for Thorine's eminent arrival and simply hoped she would not be jostled about too much on her way up to her room.

With everything organised and ready Nastasia simply paced the floor now waiting for the lady herself.

Nodding at Goia, Arnost informed Thorine, "I'm going to carry you to the room. If I apparate, I fear I might harm the child." Arnost gave one questioning look to the teenager that was in there, but once she left, he still could have sworn she reminded him of Valcan. Arnost scooped Thorine into his arms and stood up to his full height. Carrying the two (one being Thorine and the other being the daughter that would be coming soon), toward the bedroom. Anxious and nervous about the child's arrival, he entered Thorine's bedroom. Arnost immediately laid eyes on the woman that was in there. Arnost barely kept track of all he knew, but he assumed she was here for the birth. Going to the bedside, he set Thorine down on the bed. Arnost turned his attention to Nastasia, "How much longer until the baby arrives? This is...a first for me. First time I've been present during a time like this." Arnost gazed down at Thorine, and debated on what he was going to do next.

The only thing he was certain of was this:
Arnost would be there...

Everyone seemed so organized, running around getting everything sorted. Taking care of every single thing. She was grateful that she didn't have to worry about anything as the baby decided to move again. The contraction was much stronger but now she was in Arnost's arms, being carried gently up to her chambers. She was aware of Estrella taking Christian out to his room and promised herself she would thank her later but for now she had to concentrate on her breathing. Yet, here in Arnosts arms she felt so utterly protected. Reaching her arms around his neck she buried her head into his neck and savoured the scent that was so utterly his. Once in her room she turned to smile at Nastasia who had everything prepared. She smiled at Arnost as he laid her down on the bed and asked her cousin how long more.

She reached out a hand as finally her waters broke and the strongest contraction yet made her scream loudly. The baby wanted to come out and fast.
"A..ny... minute I...think" she told him through her breathing exercises.

Nastasia took control immediately, she moved the tall man aside though knew in any other circumstances she would have just taken her life into her hands but right now, she was in charge. She made Thorine as comfortable as possible and set to work.

The minutes passed slowly as both cousins worked together to bring the baby into the world. And just past midnight on the 27th of June 2023 the most beautiful baby girl was pushed into the world. Nastasia cleaned her and wrapped her in swaddling before passing her to her mother with a smile. She also turned to Arnost.

"Congratulations it's a beautiful baby girl".

Thorine felt as if she were completely exhausted and yet until she heard her baby cry out she knew the job was not done and then suddenly there it was. The wail of a new born baby, Nastasia placed her in Thorines arms and congratulated her and Arnost. She turned a smiling face up to him.

"Here is your daughter. Vixen Antonia Zhefarovich-Dolohov" it may have been a mouthful but the baby in her arms was worth it. Her tiny little fingers were already attempting to squeeze her mothers.

"Would you like to hold her?" she lifted her towards her father willing him to take her.

It was a long process, and he was getting tired. However, it was all worth it in the end. He stared at the newborn baby girl, and he nodded, "She is a beautiful one." Vixen Antonia Zhefarovich-Dolohov. What a name to remember. he thought. She was a little vixen, so the name suited her. While in the womb, she had such an affect upon the mother and father. Arnost sighed and he took his daughter into his arms. It was natural. She was so small compared to the largely built Death Eater. Arnost stared down at her, and he smiled faintly. Though it only lasted a moment, it still happened.

He gazed down at Thorine, and he inquired, "Are you feeling all right now?" Vixen had such an affect upon the both of them. He only wondered one thing, now that Vixen was out and in the real world, would she still have that affect on him? Arnost felt Vixen's fingers upon his hand that wasn't cradling her. Arnost chuckled softly, and he murmured, "She is so small."

Although playing with Christian brought Estrella to near exhaustion, she enjoyed every moment of it. Game after game dwindled at the hours that passed by. It wasn’t long before nightfall set in. Nobody came to collect either of them, so the brunette had to devise more and more ways to entertain the young child. He certainly was a handful. Luckily the boy started to get sleepy; the number and length of his yawns increased and he was constantly rubbing at his eyes with chubby little fingers.

Seizing the opportunity to grab a storybook, Estrella hefted the little boy into her lap and began to read. His eyelids met in no time. Releasing a soft sigh, the teenager held Christian for a while, feeling fortunate that she was here at all. This time around, she might have a real chance to connect with one of her siblings. She wondered about Thorine every so often, and hoped that she was doing alright. At least the woman had others with her.

As she was already on the floor, Estrella placed Christian down gently, glad for the soft carpet. She left the toddler there, not wanting to jar him out of such slumber. With a smile, she stepped up and grabbed one of his blankets, placing it over him to ward off the nighttime chill. The eighteen year old found herself on the floor again, now unsure of what to do. She didn’t want to leave the child on his own. Lack of instruction and direction left her bored and tired. She rifled through the picture books, but even though they were magical, they were not that exciting. Somehow during the course of the night, she found herself curled up by Christian. She placed her arms under her head to be more comfortable. I’ll only rest for a few minutes. Toys were strewn about, the lights were low, and cat, brother and sister were conked out.

Goia could not have been happier. The mistress now had a beautiful baby girl as well as a son. She had done her family proud. He watched for a moment as the master held his daughter before leaving the room quietly to find Christian. He knew it was late but he was almost certain that he would like to see her and his mother to reassure himself that all was well. Quietly he entered the room and not seeing anyone at first, was about to leave. The gentle tones of deep breathing came from the far part of the room and walking around the bed and toy boxes he saw Christian, Estrella and Persia all asleep on the carpet. With a shrug he walked over and touching Estrella on the shoulder before walking around and picking Christian up, he waited for the girl to wake.

"There's a new baby after been born" he told them both as Christian's little eyes opened and he smiled to see Goia holding him, "Your mother is fine boy. Would you like to see them?"

He didn't wait to invite the girl, just simply presumed she would tag along. She was after all related to his most precious charge.

Opening the door quietly to the mistresses chambers once more, Goia carried Christian over to the bed to his mother. He clambered from the house elves arms and crawled over to her, snuggling up and smiling at her and then at Arnost with the baby.

Estrella's eyelids fluttered open as something brushed against her shoulder. She mumbled a few incomprehensible sentences before stretching, her back cramped and sore. Through a veil of water she saw the old house elf who seemed to be in charge of the important affairs around here. Nodding to him, she groaned and pushed herself up, stroking her cheek. At first the strange indentation baffled her, until she realized she had somehow rested her face on the engagement ring. Feeling a fool, she rose slowly and followed the two. She ran her fingers quickly through tangles of long locks and hoped to Merlin that she didn't look like a hag.

Leaning in the doorway and crossing her arms, she observed the family with a small smile. It was amusing and sweet at the same time to see the tiny infant in the arms of her massive father. Well, at least that was who she assumed Jaken's grandfather to be. She kept her distance and uttered nothing but a soft yawn. She didn't want to disturb the peace, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back