Calix Triking

OOC First Name
E to the A
Sexual Orientation
Straight Wanderer
Wand
Fake Wand
Hey Guys, I'm back. :D

I know most of you don't know me since its been a long time. I'm really surprised how HNZ changed a lot. I just hope that even though I've been inactive for a long time, I still get to have new opportunities and such.

Looking forward to meet new friends and RP-ers. :unsure:

Hello and welcome back! :)
I don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting you? I could be wrong! But my name is Zach, and if you have any questions, wanna chat, or want to RP feel free to shoot me a PM! :)

I'd be happy to help!

Welcome back once again, I know you'll enjoy your stay! :D

Thank you and by the way nice name. Though I have a few questions, first is, how can I get a Banner and Can I still RP anywhere even I'm an inactive user?

Hey, thank you!

You can't, but; you can submit a Standard Group Change application and ask to be changed into Members, Family Members, or Unsorted so you can RP pretty much anywhere :)

And yes, post a topic in the Graphics Request forum to get stuff made! :)

Let me know if there is anything else!
~ Zach

Hi there! I'm not sure we've ever spoken but it's lovely to have you back regardless ^_^ Zach already answered your questions for you but don't be afraid to ask more if you have any! Also, I'm always up for spontaneous roleplays or chats if you ever want to inbox me :D

Welcome back!

hey! :)

So I viewed this standard group change and there are many things to change into.
I was wondering if someone could spare their time and explain.And is there a corresponding age?

I know its kinda unclear,at least for me its is. lol. So I mean it like this.
What is a Member? And is there an age requirement for that?

Please...

Hiya! It's really quite subjective but I'll go over them briefly (and if I'm wrong someone can feel free to correct me)

Unsorted - For if you're planning on sorting your character, or you'd like to RP in the unsorted section before they attend school (although sorting is opening soon now anyway).

Family - Usually general family members of a more important character. So a sibling or a parent of one of your other characters, perhaps!

Members - Could either be standalone adult/children characters, or characters who are attending Hogwarts Scotland or other wizarding schools besides Durmstrang/Beauxbatons. I think recently graduated students automatically join the 'member' category, so it's basically just a default group for characters who aren't unsorted. But here's where it becomes subjective, because your character can be in the member group and still be related to other characters.. So it's just preference I guess xD

Muggles - Self explanatory!

Other Employees - Characters who have jobs in the wizarding world. Subjective again, because your character can be in the member/family groups and still have jobs, so once again it's up to you.

Durmstrang/Beauxbatons - Characters attending either of these wizarding schools. Since HNZ focuses on Hogwarts in New Zealand, you can request to have a character moved straight into one of these schools. They don't have sorting, you could join half way through a year and at any age between 11-18, etc etc. But there's only one forum for each school, rather than an entire board.

Other - If your character used to be say, a creature or a house elf or a student, and you've gone inactive for a while, you could use this section to get put back into the right group.

So aye, it's quite subjective, and besides not getting children moved to the 'other employees' group I think a lot of it is your own preference. For example, I have three brothers, Keevan, Regius and Lucan White. Keevan and Regius are under 'Other employees' and Lucan is under 'Family', even though they all have similar jobs and are of similar ages.. it's quite up to you and how you'd like to portray them! ^_^

Hope that helps, and that I got everything right =)) If not I'm sure someone can amend it :D

Hey, your effort is quite appreciated. :D

Members and Other employees really gets my attention. What are they're functions? I mean what do they do?

Thanks Again. :)

You're welcome! ^_^

They don't really have functions, as such. Being in one group or the other won't allow you to do anything different, or roleplay in any different places. I suppose if the main focus of your character was their work life, you might want to put them into Other Employees to show that. But if their job is just a minor part of the plots you want to involve them in, you might want to put them into Members instead. It won't make a difference to what you can do, though ^_^

If that didn't answer your question, feel free to ask again xD I might be getting the wrong end of the stick :p

Edit: I think Other Employees would also be the group you'd be in if your character was a healer for example. But I really don't know, I've never had one D:

Hahaha,I think I got it.

It depends on the plot of your Main Character right? The role your playing in each plot whether you're there as a Family member or a member.

Is that it? I might be a little slow, I'm sorry.

Yeahh, that's basically it! I mean, I have a few characters that I'll be creating solely for the purpose of turning up at their relative's wedding, and therefore I'll put them as family because that's all they really mean to me xD Of course I might develop them further after that, but they'll likely stay as family regardless ^_^

You're not slow at all! I've been here 6 years and I'm still not 100% sure about all of this stuff xD

Really? I got it right? Well that was unexpected.

Psh, though another question takes place. I was reading the site documentation, and then I noticed these purebloods, mixed and what not. What are these?

Blood Status is a little confusing in the HP world. xD

Pure Blood means you are completely magical, there's no muggle blood in you.
Half Blood means one of your parents are muggle, and the other is magical.
Muggle Born means both your parents are muggles, but you are magical.
Mixed Blood means that you are Half Magical and Half something else, like.. Half Giant like Hagrid is. Hagrid is a Mixed Blood.
Muggle is self explanatory! :)

Takuya Blaze said:
Blood Status is a little confusing in the HP world. xD
Mixed Blood means that you are Half Magical and Half something else, like.. Half Giant like Hagrid is. Hagrid is a Mixed Blood.
Mixed can also mean that you have one parent who is one blood status and another who is a different blood status (i.e. having one parent who is pureblood and another who is half). :r

Woah, that's so cool! Thanks everyone. looking forward in RPingwith you. :D

Hello there! :woot:
I don't recognise your name, so I fear that we have not been acquainted - or it's my terrible memory and I do sincerely apologise. Anyway, you can call me Tenilee! I'm glad to see that all of your questions have been answered, and I'm excited to getting to know you better. If you ever want to chat or plot or something, just give me a PM and I'll be happy to respond!
Look forward to seeing you around the board. ^_^
-Tenilee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back