The last Card!

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie strolled out of the castle, walking towards the lawn, the fierce wind blowing her brown curls behind her. It had looked quite sunny from the common room, but it wasnt relly, it was a dull day, with a strong wind!
Ellie liked the wind blowing in her face though, it was like she was being refreshed.
Walking over to the trees, tears began to form in Ellied eyes, she blinked, trying to contain them, but they spilled over onto her face, stinging as they rolled down her cheeks. Slipping down, back against a big shadowing tree, she let the tears pour as she pulled a card out her denim shorts pocket. It was the last card she had gotten from her mum, a christmas card! The last time Ellie had seen her mum was christmas break, shed died a week later!
Ellie looked at the card, the little brown teddy bear wearing a santa hat on front with a big glittery HAPPY CHRISTMAS sighn that flashed all different colours!
Opening the card Ellie cried harder as she read the message inside.

Dear Ellie,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS DARLING</COLOR>
<COLOR color="Darkmagenta">

Love you always with all out hearts, Mum and Dad
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tears splashed onto the card as she read it and she was constantly wiping it.
She didnt want to get it ruined and so slipped it back into her pockets, looking down at her legs. They had always been tanned but had got paler since her mums death and her hair had gotten curlier!
She was now putting it up in a scrunchie alot, but she had left it down today, letting the wind blow through it.
Ellie thought about Christmas day, opening there presents, Laughter streched across her mum and dads faces as her little brother zoomed around on his toy broom, and then Ellie doing loop-the-loops on hers out the back.
Ellie thought of her mums favorite song, it had been stuck in her head for days, Aerosmith, Dont wanna miss a thing! It seemed so tru then, Ellie wished she would have tresured every moment with her mum. She had done so much for her and never complained. The words of the song seemed true then, except for the whole thing for it really being for lovers, but Ellie began to sing, her wobbely small voice piercing the cold air.

"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While youre far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Dont want to close my eyes
I dont want to fall asleep
Cause Id miss you baby
And I dont want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
Id still miss you baby

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And Im wondering what youre dreaming
Wondering if its me youre seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God were together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and ever

Cause Id miss you baby
Id still miss you baby

I dont want to miss one smile
I dont want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

Cause Id miss you baby
Id still miss you baby

I dont want to miss a thing"

Ellie sang the whole song through, thinking of her mum bobbing about the living room singing it while hoovering, and her tears were falling faster and thicker than ever, her breathing fast and stutterish as she looked around the lawn, the trees and the lake just down the hill.

Amy was on one of her many walks she had so taken to going on recently. It was a relatively cold day, and Amy, for once, was glad of her black jacket, hugging it closer to her. She hadn't been going very far when she heard a voice, seeingly singing. Not quite knowing why, Amy followed the sound to a large tree to see Ellie sitting there on her own.

She hadn't been standing there long when Ellie stopped singing and Amy stepped forward to see her. Amy had avoided contact with people her first few days and in fact week back at school, and even now, when she was in the company of people she tended to stay quiet, let them do most of the contact.

"Hello Ellie" Amy said huskily, her green eyes showing no hint of emotion. She merely stood there, not wanting to intrude, as Ellie looked rather upset at the moment.

Ellie looked up to find Amy standing beside her, "Hai Amy" she mumbeled, her voice wobbely and small as she tried to wipe her eyes.

Amy noted Ellie wiping her eyes, but said nothing.
"Would you like to be left alone?" Amy asked, her voice cold and husky, thinking it only polite to ask.

Ellie shook her head violently, "No" She mumbeled through renewed sobs, she hated feeling alone!

Amy said nothing in response to Ellie's reply but merely sat herself down on the ground next to her. She didn't quite know what to say, and instead let a silence settle between the two of them.
"Would you like to talk about it?" Amy asked, cutting straight to the point. No chitchat, nothing, just a blunt straight forward question in her very husky voice.

Zazuka came down looking like she had just run the mile. She was so glad that Ellie was Ok but it seemed like she wasn't thinking about that. Zazuka gathered her breath and smiled. "Hey everyone." She said tucking a few stray hairs back into her braided buns.

"I..I.." Ellie began, not really knowing say, she wanted to talk about it, it would do no good to keep it locked up inside, but she didnt want to dump it all on Amy.
"Hey Zazuka" Elli said in her new, small voice as Zazuka appeared and greeted them. She tried to smile at the two of them, but her lips didnt seem to know how to!

Ellie was just beginning to speak when Zuka came and joined them.
"Hi Zuka" Amy said in a very flat and lifeless voice, looking up at their Ravenclaw classmate. It was nothing personal against Zuka at all, it was just how her voice came out these days, lifeless and dull.

Zazuka huged Ellie out of the blue. "I'm glad you fine now." She said siriosly. Zazuka wanted to say something more but didn't know what. "Why where you going so high on your broom stick?" She asked finally. Her voice was small and gentel as not to make it seem like she was just tring to find the ansewr. In reality she wasn't Zazuka was really worryed about Ellie.

Harri rushed out slightly lagging behind Zuka. She saw Ellie and her face lit up "Ellie!" she cried tears pouring down her face. "I'm so glad your okay!" she said pulling her into a hug. She cried faster. And for the first time in a long while she was crying with happiness. Then she saw Amy sitting there. Amy had not been herself lately but Harri knew better then to rush things out of her. "Hey Amy!" she said gently and smiled, she hugged Amy gently. "I just want you to know you can talk to me about anything!" she whispered so that only Amy could hear her.

Ellie hugged Zazuka, it was nice to be with people, she had felt so alone for days.
"Eh..I..My mum.." Was all Ellie managed to say, she felt so stupid for doing what she did and eveyone would think she was totaly nuts for trying to get too heaven to see her mum!
"Harri" Ellie mumbeled as Hari arrived and Hugged her, Ellie hugged her back and smiled at her, tears rolling down her cheeks again. Smiling round at them all she asked, "How are yous all" Her voice was still small and she was hurting, but she felt for once, a little happy!

"No how are you!" Harri asked, "I was so worried Ellie, I don't know what I'd do if you were really hurt!" Harri said truthfully "Don't ever do anything like that again! Promise!" Harri said. To the others this might have just seemed like a friendly thing to say, but to Harri it was a pact, a promise that Ellie and her would stick by each other.

Amy hugged Harri back and merely attempted a smile at her with the words she spoke. She sat there and watched the exchange between the others but found that she didn't want to be surrounded by people. Lately, Amy felt much more comfortable when she just spoke to someone individually.
"I got some work to do so I'll catch you all later" Amy said in her husky voice, standing herself up.

Ellie smiled, she hated to have made everybody worried, "Im fine honestly! And i promise" She told Harri, hugging her again.
"Amy, are you alright?" She asked as Amy said she had stuff to do.

"I'm fine, just got some work to do" Amy explained, lying ever so slightly. She really did have some work to do and now was as good a time as any to complete it.

Zazuka looked at Amy while pushing her glasses back up her nose. She seemed diffrent some how but she wasn't going to make a big deal about it right now. "Alright if you need help in anything just ask." Zazuka added with a small smile then turned back to Harri and Ellie.

"Thanks Zuka" Amy replied, attempting a feeble smile. With that she turned on her heel and walked in the direction of the castle, ready to start on some of her work.

Ellie managed a small smile, there was definitely something different about Amy, but she didnt want to press the subject so she let Amy go and decided shed definately need to talk to her later!

Harri smiled and waved as Amy went. She made a note to definatly talk to her later on. She knew something was up and that sometimes it was hard to talk to a bunch of people all together. "So Ellie what really happened?" she asked softly.

Zazuka sighed. She was now worryed about Amy. She found it a bit curiose though that she could care so much about people yet she couldn't bring herself around to crying for them or with them. Zazuka shook her head as if to get thies thoughts out of her head then looked at Ellie. "You where flying so high to reach your..." Then it hit her. "Oh Ellie I'm so sorry!" She said looking down. She hadn't realised that Ellie had just lost some one. She would have been alot more carful with her words if she had.

Harri cringed slightly at Zukas words. She knew that not many people had lost someone close to them and didn't blame her but waited to see how Ellie would react.

Ellie smiled weakly as tears pored out of her eyes again, "I..Its alrite! It wa..was a really st...stupid idear, i..i was just sa..sad and n...not thinking st..st..straight" She said, stuttering while fishing in her shorts pocket for a tissue. Finding one she tried to wipe her eyes, but the hanky was completely soaked and the tears were still pouring! She felt like a blubbering baby!

Harri pulled Ellie into a hug "It wasn't stupid, silly maybe but not stupid. It's what grief does to you. Believe me. I know!" Harri said soothingly "Don't worry Ellie!" Harri said, hugging her tighter and feeling Ellie's tears pouring through her jumper but not caring in the slughtest.

Ellie cryed as Harri pulled her into a hug, her tears soaking Harris jumper, "I..I.It was St..St..Stupid" She stuttered, her head had been sore from the incident up until that day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back