The Language Club

"Yeah, I am too" Arnold replied "Is there an alphabet in learning french?" he asked

Violet shook her head. "Not really. It's just like the English alphabet. Except pronounced in a more...French...manner," she said, laughing. "The good thing about French is that a lot of things are just like English, except the pronunciation! Like, er...photograph, and, um, chocolate." she said, putting on a ridiculous accent. "Sorry, I'm being a bit over the top," she said, blushing.

Arnold smiled at Violet then his light green eyes meet Violet's eyes then he look away "I'm sorry, but I really don't get it" he said with a vaguely smile "How will I know it, I mean, I'd like to learn it, but how" he said looking at Violet then the others

Violet met Arnold's eyes with her large emerald ones, then looked away, a little embarassed. She shrugged. "You'll get it, eventually. I'm not really much of a teacher," she said, shyly. "I'm no good with explanations. And I'm rather confusing," she added, honestly. "I guess you just start with a little bit at a time, but where to start? Introductions, saying hello and goodbye? Talking about the weather? I have no idea."

"Hmm I just started with simple stuff, to be honest with you I can't remember much about learning" she admitted.
"My dads been speaking french to me for as long as I can remember" she said looking round at the others.

:mad: (that's cos there's nothing else to rp almost and we weren't part of your conversation. lol. it is actually quite funny. :D )

"Well," said Violet, thinking. "You could start with a simple greeting." She turned to face Arnold. "Bonjour, Arnold, comment ca va? That means, 'hello, how are you?' You could say something like 'oui, je suis tres bien merci, et toi?', which means, 'yes, I am very well thank you, and yourself?'." Violet looked down at her feet, awkwardly. "Sorry, not a very good way to start." She felt ashamed, she wasn't able to explain anything at all. She wanted to help but she simply couldn't.

Amy watched as Violet didn't look to happy.
"No thats a great way to start Violet, good job!" she said smiling encouragingly to her friend.

"Come on then Arnold, speaaak!" Amy said smiling at him.

Violet smiled half-heartedly. "I hope that made some sense..." she said quietly. "Go on then, say it!" she exclaimed, looking up and grinning.

"Cava bien merci Arnold et toi?" Amy responded smiling encouragingly at him.

Violet grinned. "Awesome!" she exclaimed, happy that she'd managed to explain something. "Je suis tres heureux." Then, thinking she ought to explain, she added, "That means, 'I am very happy'."

((now, if only I did my RL French homework, I'd be top of the class, lol.))

Arnold didn't know what to answer back at Amy "Erm, I'm fine, merci" he said and smiled at them "Uhm, Cava bien?..translation?" he said softly
"Wow, I'm learning alot" he said as they continue to speak french

((You two are awesome!! :D I really learn a lot, and I can use them in RL))
((Whoah, your studying french in real life?!))

Violet smiled. "It means 'I am well'...uh, I think. I'm glad we're helping!" It really made Violet feel good to be able to help somebody.

((lol, thanks so much! I'm happy to help, and I'm sure Amy is too. =D. and yeah, studying French in RL. this is my...6th? year of studying it. I can't actually speak the language to save myself, but I can comprehend the basics, sort of. haha.))

"Yeah your doing really well Arnold" Amy said smiling broadly. It was nice to know that she could actually help somebody.

((Ive been doing french for...10 years now!!! Tis getting harder now that i'm doing it for my AS!! I think my teacher would be proud if he saw this lol!))

"I wonder what other languages we'll learn here..." Violet said, pondering. "Not that it matters, of course, cause we've only just started, but still..."

((10 years! wow!))

Arnold smiled at them both "Well, for someone like me will definitly be hard learning more, I'm just starting at French and still I have trouble" he said "But thanks to you guys, I've learned more on basics" he added and smiled at them
"Mind if I ask it all, je'mappelle? what's that? and the je suis is it the "I am?" he began to ask again to learn more of the basics

((No way! 10 years???!!! Awesome!!!))

Amy smiled, "The 'je m'appelle' is just 'I'm called' and yeah your right about the 'je suis'!!" Amy said happily to Arnold.

((Yuuup 10 years of francais..woow...that really does sound like a long time!))

"Yeah. 'je suis'...now, you could get in to a lot of verb discussion, but I won't bore you. Seriously." Violet laughed. "Um, and if I were to ask your name, I'd say 'comment t'appelle tu?'. That literally means 'what do you call yourself?'." She screwed her face up a little, trying to think of something else to add.

((I take my proverbial hat off to you! XD))

"Oh good old verbs" Amy said sarcastically, smiling. "I think thats okay Violet!" she said as she watched Violet think of more. "Well enough for that question and all" she adeed smiling.

"Hmmm, yeah. Verbs are awful!" She thought some more. "Um, well, I could ask you how old you are. Quel est ton age? Oh dear...I don't think that's quite right..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back