The Language Club

"Is this all of us?" Maddiie asked the group.

Kailey walked up to the blank strech of wall where the room of requirement was. I need to find the language club meeting. she thought as she walked infront of it. The door appeared and she walked in. She saw a few people already there. "Hello you all, sorry if I'm late." she said hoping she wasn't as she sat down and picked up the notebook that was behind the chair.

Violet rushed in to the room. She'd had a lot of difficulty finding the room - how silly she must have looked trying to find it! Pacing up and down the corridor...

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she exclaimed. "I, um, couldn't find it. This is the language club, right?" She looked around and felt relieved to see a few faces that she already knew.

Aisyah sprinted to the Room of Requirements with Bujang, her British Shorthair cat following her every footstep. She went in and noticed some students present. "Hi, Is this the Language club? Sorry i'm late. Had lessons just now." Aisyah said as she found a seat. She then stroked Bujang which was silently and proudly sitting on her lap. "I hope you don't mind about Bujang and she's really friendly." Aisyah continued as she took out a notebook to write notes. "Have the meeting started?"

kitten.jpg

Amy skidded along the corridor, knowing that she was probably late. She was told she had to pace up and down three times to find where she needed to be.
I need to be where the language club is she thought as she paced. On her last try a door appeared and she pulled it open and rushed in.
"Hi I'm so sorry I'm late Alice" she said to the girl who was holding the club. She already knew Alice as she was in the same house as her and had met her on the train.
She made her way over to where Blane was sitting and took a seat next to him, smiling as she done so.

Maddiie smiled as more appear through the door. "Do you think this will be hard to learn." she whisper over to Ginny.

Elissa burst open into the room. Late again! Elissa thought furiously at herself. She was always late for meetings and such. "Sorry for being late, guys." Elissa said while trying to catch her breathe.

Aisyah let out her hand and smiled at the boy. "Oh hi, sorry for not introducing myself properly. I'm Aisyah, and this is my cat, Bujang. She follows me everywhere. Nice to meet you anyway. Erm..What's your name? Oh, and i love your hair. How do you style it like that? Aisyah asked the boy.

kitten.jpg

Hilary had managed to come into the room unnoticed a few minutes before and slumped onto a chair quietly, she was listening to the conversation but as she had nothing to add just stayed quiet until the meeting began.

Alice had watched everyone come and sit down. Seeing that almost everyone was now there. Alice stood up. "Thank you everyone for coming. Today we will just start with introducing ourselves. Pick a partner and greet them. By saying Bonjour. Once you have said that you can say your name Je m'appelle Alice Fuego. Just practice that in your partners and I will come round and help." Alice instructed. She began to walk round as everyone practiced

Arnold rushed up to the seventh floor, he didn't know today was he first meeting, he hurriedly went to the room of requirments and burst open the door "Sorry I'm so late, I didn't know" he said panting as he saw many students had come, he sat next to Amy who wa sitting with Blane "Hey Guys, did I missed something?" he asked them still panting

"Hii Arnold" Amy greeted the boy as he came in late.
"I've only just got here myself in totally honesty" she said quietly as Alice walked round.
"I think wer' supposed to be greeting each other now?" she turned and asked Blane.

Violet looked around desperately for a partner. She wasn't good at partner work and she was feeling particuarly lonely at the moment.

"J'ai besoin un partner..." she muttered to no one in particular.

Amy saw a girl sitting on her own and thought she recognised her from one of her classes.
"Excuse moi pour une minute" she said to Arnold and Blane
"Bonjour, je m'appelle Amy" she said to the girl who was sitting on her own.

Violet looked up, and saw a girl that she had seen in a couple of her classes introduce herself. Violet smiled, shyly.
"Ah, bonjour!" she said. "Je m'appelle Violet. Je suis heureux a faire ton connaissance." She looked a little sheepish. "I hope that's right."

Amy smiled at Violet, as she introduced herself.
"I think its okay...well i got the bit about your pleased to meet/know me..or something along those lines!" she said w hispering.
"Cava?" she said a little more audiably

((OOC: Lets pretend all my accents are in the right places etc..!!))

"Oh, good!" Violet whispered back. "I only know a little bit of French, I studied it at primary school but that's really it..."

"Ah, oui, ca va. Je voudrais voir mes parents, et ma soeur..." she looked down, sadly. She was feeling a little homesick, and having a little bit of difficulty making friends at Hogwarts. "Et toi?" she asked.

"Well your french is really quite good!" she whispered.
"Ahhh je voudrais voir mon pere aussi, c'est difficile parce qu'il habite loin de chez ici. Mais c'est la vie" she said grinning. "Et oui cava bien merci!" she said smiling at the girl, who seemed a little homesick and lonely.

"Thank you!" Violet whispered, blushing. "Tu aime l'ecole?" she asked, smiling.

((this is good practice for French. haha!))

"Oui je l'aime! Je trouve ca tres interessante et bonne parce que je suis avec mes amies" she said smiling at Violet

((Yeah this really is, espesh as i have my french exam next week!))

"Ah, oui! C'est bonne!" Violet exclaimed. "Um...est-ce que ton subject prefere?"

((lol, that was bad. oh well.))

"Ma matiere prefere? Alors, pour moi c'est DADA parce que je trouve ca tres interessante mais il y a beaucoup de matieres qui je n'etudiere pas donc maintenant c'est DADA! Et toi?" she said smiling at Violet.
She was very happy to be having such a good conversation with someone in french. It had been a while since she had been able to have a proper conversation. Her dad spoke french very little to her any more and so it was nice to have someone to converse with.

"Hmmm...je crois que j'aime l'histoire de magique. C'est tres interessant. Mais, j'aime aussi DADA et Transfiguration. Je ne fait pas Potions ou Charms...hmm." Violet grinned. She rarely practiced speaking French (nobody in her family could speak it, except Antoinette, who lived in England) so it was good to have a conversation. She'd had a conversation with Alice in the Leaky Cauldron before school started, and she'd found it a great experience to actually put her skills in to practice.
She couldn't wait to do the same with magic.
Of course, Violet was just happy that she was having a conversation with somebody in any language at all.

"L'histoire de Magique? Je ne fait pas ca! Est-ce que c'est bonne?" Amy asked. She was keen to find out more about the school and Violet seemed very friendly and willing to talk to her more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back