The Language Club

"Ah, l'histoire de Magique, c'est un peu difficile, mais, c'est tres, tres interessant. J'aime bien l'histoire!" she exclaimed. She hadn't expected to like History of Magic at all (it had bored her mother), but after a couple of lessons, she loved it. "Tu fais de matieres differente? Je fais l'historie de Magique, l'Astronomie, DADA, Transfiguration et voler. Est-ce que tu fait, en Gryffindor?" Violet asked. She knew that the other houses did different subjects at different times.

"Ah c'est bonne. Oui je suis en Gryffindor et je fait DADA, Potions et l'Herbology. J'aime beaucoup le DADA et Potions et l'herbology c'est.....d'accord" she said shrugging her shoulders and smiling. "Et tu as en Hufflepuff oui? Tu l'aime?" she asked smiling.

"Er...oui. J'aime Hufflepuff. C'est sympa, c'est genial! Ah...tu pense Gryffindor est un bonne...erm, equipe?"

((lol, that came from the title of my French textbook.))

"Ah c'est bonne de tu aime Hufflepuff! Oui j'ame Gryffindor! Toute le monde dont tres sympa et tres amusante! Alors quelle sont l'hobbies de toi?" she asked keen to know more about Violet.

((That was phrased terribley I know but ahh wells...))

ginny turned to maddiie. 'Bonjr, no, umm, Bonjour?' ginny said to Maddiie struggling loads. 'Oh, i'm rubbish at this.' she said quietly. 'umm what was next?'

Maddiie laughed. "Bonjour, Ginny, Bonjour. Donuts. I'm bad this too. Okay let's Bonjour
Je m'appelle Maddiie, wee wee." Maddiie could not help but laugh. Her accent was already thick from her Latin side, now she was trying to speak french.

Ginny laughed. 'Oh right. can't blame me though. it's not my fault I'll try again. Bonjour? je ma'ppelle Ginny.' ginny tried again. she couldn't help but laugh again. She was terrible.

(No worries. i'm much better at french than this in RL. Just clearing that.)

Maddiie giggled with Ginny. "Oh Ginny your too funny, Bonjour madame." Maddiie took her hand, "Bonjour, would you like to dance." she said in a bad French accent. "This is great, to great." She than looked at Grande."Bonjour Grande, je ma'ppelle Maddiie, wee wee." Maddiie said with a Grin.

ginny laughed again when maddiie asked her to dance. She looked around and noticed everyone getting on well, including two first years who were having a complete conversation.

Arnold looked at Amy when she had speak french then looked at Violet "I dunno if I can" he said in a low voice scratching his head "All I know is..Bonjour" he said quite louder "Bonjour Everyone" he said now even louder and turned to Amy a bit red "What does 'bonjour means anyway?" he asked

Amy was happily chattering away to Violet in french, thinking this club was an absoloutly great idea when Arnold said, quite audiably "Bonjour everyone". Amy spun round, and smiled at him.
"Excuse moi" she said to Violet.
"Bonjour is just a polite way of saying hello!" she whispered to Arnold, hoping that that would help him.

Elissa was wandering around the room looking for a partner. She never learned French and couldn't wait to get started. Everybody seemed to be starting a chit-chat already. Elissa was searching hopelessly when someone shouted Bonjour out loud. She turned around to where the voice came from and saw a Hufflepuff guy looking a bit lost. Elissa walked over to him.

"Bonjour," Elissa said while trying to remember what was the next line. "Err... je ma'ppelle..umm.. Elissa." Eventhough she stammered, Elissa managed to finish her sentence correctly. "I never saw you before. Are you a first-year?" Elissa added in English.

(( Just so you know, I don't speak French at all :(( )

Violet smiled. "Bonjour Arnold! Nice to see you here at le club de language," she said, exaggurating her Australian accent and making the words sound as non-French as possible.

Amy laughed at Violets Aussie/French accent.
"Come on Arnold" she said, trying to get him to speak some more.

"You can do it!" Violet added, egging him on with a huge grin. "Tu es un champion!" she added, giving Arnold a thumbs up.

"Hello" Arnold whispered as Amy explained it to him and look up as a girl approach "Bonjour" he said quite happy he got it "Yeah, I'm a first year, you?" he asked the girl then turned to Amy and Violet then smiled at them both "Ok..Ok Le'me see" he said "je... ma...palle..erm no" he tried "je ma'ppelle Arnold" he said "Je ma'ppelle Arnold" he repeated "Je ma'ppelle Arnold!" he exclaimed thought he got it right

Then turned to Violet when she spoke French "Translation?" he said with a grin

Amy laughed "See, you can do it!" she said grinning at Arnold.
"That was good" she said smiling at him.

Violet grinned. "Good work!" She grinned even broader when Arnold asked for a translation. "'Tu es un champion' means 'you are a champion'. It's my weird way of encouraging people," she added as a bit of an explanation. "As opposed to 'tu es un champignion'...which means 'you are a mushroom.'" She giggled.

"Oh, I'm a second year. Ravenclaw," Elissa added. "So.. what are we gonna do next?" she asked slowly to no one in particular. Elissa was lost on what to do next. Everybody seemed to know french very well. Well, at least better than her.

Arnold laugh too and smiled at Amy and Violet "Thanks, well, I guess I got it right" he said "You guys really know how to speak french, were did you learn it?" he asked

"I'm not really good at speaking french, actually I don't really speak it, I'm just here to learn, it's pretty much ecxiting" he said with a grin at Elissa

Amy smiled at Arnold, "My dads half french so he taught me quite a lot actually". She turned to Violet, "What about you?" she asked.

Violet shrugged. "I just learnt it at school. My dad learnt it at school, too, so he was able to help me. There's always room to improve, though." She smiled, and shrugged again.

"It's always good to learn new languages, I'm looking forward to learn other languages!" Violet exclaimed. "I'm always up for a challenge, aren't you?" she asked, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back