The Johnson Manor

Mark Johnson

Mark smiled as he sat down on the sofa. He had sent a message to Anna to tell her the good news. He had got the job! Waiting for Kate and James to get back from school, he started with cooking some of Kate's favourite cookies.

Kate pulled her luggage up to the front door where she handed it to James to hold and got out her key. Pushing it through the lock and turning it, she finally opened it. She still had Milly in her case in Kate's arm.
Opening the door, she instantly smelt chocolate chip cookies cooking. Smiling and sniffing she called out, "Hello, we're home!" Dragging her stuff in, she saw Tilly sitting by the window, already here. Kate had sent her on so that it would be one less thing for her to carry.
Going to the window, Kate let Tilly in. "Hey baby! How was your flight!" Kate asked her as she placed Milly on the sofa and let her out.

Her dad suddenly appeared with a big grin on his face! "Whats got you in this good mood?" She asked him curiously. Giving him a big hug, she went back over to James who had collapsed on the sofa and took her suitcase from him. She lugged it upstairs and unpacked a few things while James and Mark spoke down stairs.

James sighed and jokingly pushed Kate as she handed him her luaggage while she opened the door. Walking inside James now felt a pang of pain that this was his new home until he was 17 and able to have his parents house to himself. Smiling around he went and flopped on the sofa. He still held his broom in his hand and smiled at Kate. She was very good with her pets and he was pleased about that. He stroked Milly who came and curled up on his lap as she went to sleep. Mark came down and started speaking to him and out of courtesy, Kate went upstairs. "Hey Uncle Mark!" He said. Mark looked really like his dad as they were twins and it hit James hard.

Mark grinned as he heard the front door openin and made his way downstairs. "Hey sweetie! Hey James! How was school?" He asked as he swept them both into a big hug. "I applied for a job - andi got it!" He replied, "In Scrivenshafts." He replied to Kate's puzzeled look. "Hey James. How are you doing?" He asked him kindly and gently. "Oh. Who's this?" Mark asked as he examined the sleeping cat on James' knee. "Is this yours?" He asked James.

Hollie stood outside of the house - or manor - in the freezing cold, nervously. Kate had invited her to stay during a part of the holidays, and she had accepted. She was nervous as to who would be there, and didn't know what to expect. Clutching the screwed up piece of parchment with Kate's address on in her hand, she waved goodbye to her dad's car as he pulled out of the drive.
"Bye!" she yelled, waving really hard. "I'll see you in two days! Love you!" And with that, he was gone, giving her a last minute wave from the window. Smiling, she turned back and faced the door. Then, taking a deep breath, she pressed the doorbell and waited.

Patricia made her way through the streets. She looked down at the piece of parchment again to check she was at the right place. She had been invited to stay at Kate's house over the summer, Patricia was glad to oblige, it would be like a very long sleepover, even though they shaped a dorm at Hogwarts.

Turning a corner Patricia say a number on one of the doors and figured that she wasn't that far. She continued up the footpath and a few houses down she saw a girl that she recognised waving goodbye to someone in a car.

As Patricia got closer she saw that it was Hollie, a girl in her year, then Patricia remember Kate said that Hollie was staying over too. Breaking into a slow run, Patricia called to Hollie, "Hey Hollie." She said waving. In a small moment Patricia was beside her, "Hey how's you?" She asked.

Mark heard the doorbell go and opened the door. Outside were two young girls standing in the cold. "Hey, its nice to meet you. Come in. I will call Kate." He walked inside and shut the door after them. "Kate" He called upstairs.

Hollie smiled with relief as Pat joined her.
"Heya yourself," she said, grinning. "I'm fine thank you, how are you?" She glanced at the house again. "Rather huge, wouldn't you say?"

Eventually the door was opened by a nice looking man who looked somewhat familiar, but Hollie couldn't think for the life of her why. She smiled at his greeting and entered the house. The hallway was toasty warm and Hollie felt the heat spread rapidly through her frozen body, allowing her limbs to function properly. She smiled gratefully.
"Thanks," she said, and looked up the stairs, waiting for Kate to materialise.

Patricia smiled at Hollie, "I'm great thanks." Patricia looked at the house a long with Hollie, "I know it's massive." she said with a smile.

Then the door opened and there was a man standing there, welcoming the two girls coming in. Patricia entered the hallway, it was so warm, compared to outside. Getting in the hallway Patricia set down her luggage and smiled at the man, "Hello, thanks for having us." She said politely as they waited for Kate.

Hollie nodded earnestly.
"yeh, thanks," she said, smiling happily. She was feeling more comfortable now she was in the house, or perhaps it was just the warmth that was spreading through her fingertips into the rest of her body. She gave a small sigh of contentment.

Kate was upstairs finishing making the bed for Pat when she heard the doorbell go. She was just down from the top (third) floor, when she heard her dad call. She ran down and on the last staircase slid down the banister to get there quicker. "Hey guys!" She said warmly as she went to give them both a hug. "Well, welcome to the Johnson Manor then! Would you like a tour?" She asked as she took their luggage from them. "My mum isn't back yet as she is rather busy with work but feel free to hang out around." She turned to James and asked, "James, will you give me those chocolate cookies for our quests!" She exclaimed as she saw him eating a cookie with chocolate chips in that had been made for the girls! "So i see you have met my dad, and James." She said with a head nod over to them where they were playing with Milly. James was a big tease to Milly and Kate felt he was really good with him. "So, what do you want to do? I can take you upstairs and round the house and then we can take turns riding on my horse, Midnight." She asked them both.

Taking them around the house she showed them the kitchen which was near the front door and had the lovely smell of chocolate floating out and the living room which was next to the hall. Then she took them upstairs to the 1st floor where her parents bedroom, the study and one toilet was. The second floor contained James' bedroom and his ensuite. Then the 3rd floor was hidden behind a stairway in the disguise of a mirror. "I never liked it to be simple!" She explained quickly. She opened the door and then took them up the stairs. There was a massive open room and an extra room branching off the end and together they stretched over the top of the house with her bed at one end, her dressing table next to it, a bookshelf full of muggle and magical novels and stories, and a neat bed laid out for Pat. "Well, this is my room!" She said calmly as she span around and took another glance at the wide space. "Would you like to put your stuff their Pat?" She asked as she signalled to the bed.

When they had finished their tour, Kate took them outside into the garden which was rather big and took them to the bottom where Midnight lived. Kate went up to the black horse and stroked his mane kindly. "Who wants a ride first?" She asked them both.

Kate was upstairs finishing making the bed for Pat when she heard the doorbell go. She was just down from the top (third) floor, when she heard her dad call. She ran down and on the last staircase slid down the banister to get there quicker. "Hey guys!" She said warmly as she went to give them both a hug. "Well, welcome to the Johnson Manor then! Would you like a tour?" She asked as she took their luggage from them. "My mum isn't back yet as she is rather busy with work but feel free to hang out around." She turned to James and asked, "James, will you give me those chocolate cookies for our quests!" She exclaimed as she saw him eating a cookie with chocolate chips in that had been made for the girls! "So i see you have met my dad, and James." She said with a head nod over to them where they were playing with Milly. James was a big tease to Milly and Kate felt he was really good with him. "So, what do you want to do? I can take you upstairs and round the house and then we can take turns riding on my horse, Midnight." She asked them both.

Taking them around the house she showed them the kitchen which was near the front door and had the lovely smell of chocolate floating out and the living room which was next to the hall. Then she took them upstairs to the 1st floor where her parents bedroom, the study and one toilet was. The second floor contained James' bedroom and his ensuite. Then the 3rd floor was hidden behind a stairway in the disguise of a mirror. "I never liked it to be simple!" She explained quickly. She opened the door and then took them up the stairs. There was a massive open room and an extra room branching off the end and together they stretched over the top of the house with her bed at one end, her dressing table next to it, a bookshelf full of muggle and magical novels and stories, and a neat bed laid out for Pat. "Well, this is my room!" She said calmly as she span around and took another glance at the wide space. "Would you like to put your stuff their Pat?" She asked as she signalled to the bed.

When they had finished their tour, Kate took them outside into the garden which was rather big and took them to the bottom where Midnight lived. Kate went up to the black horse and stroked his mane kindly. "Who wants a ride first?" She asked them both.

Hollie smiled as Kate slid down the banister towards them. She was certainly far less shy then at school - the comforts of her own home probably bought out the best of her confidence.
"The Johnson Manor?" she said, after giving Kate a brief hug. "Posh name. A tour? Ok - it must be pretty huge for a tour." She looked over at James in amusement, watching him eat the cookie. She looked at the dog [[i assume it's a dog???]] and smiled.
"You have a horse? Wow, what jobs do your parents have to get so much money?" She giggled. "I assume the horse is black, hence the name Midnight?"

She followed Kate around the house - the kitchen smelt of chocolate - hmm - and the living room was rather large - a little smaller than Hollie's own, perhaps. She was shown around the 1st floor where Kate's parent's slept, and then the second where James' owned an ensuite.
Hmm... this is posh, she mused, following Kate up a third flight of stairs. His own ensuite? Did they like, know he was coming?

The mirror idea was rather cool, although Hollie for a moment wondered why it needed the security. But then Kate explained she never liked simplicity, which was a fairly adequate reason.
Kate's room was massive - it looked like she owned her own lounge! Hollie's eyes widened, thinking how huge jobs Kate's parents must have. Her own dad was a doctor, and had a great income, and Hollie's room wasn't this huge at all! But then she remembered the excessive amount of siblings she had, and Kate only had James, who was technically a cousin. But, all the same, they couldn't be compared.

Hollie was pleased at the amount of books stacked on the shelf; she herself was a huge reader and realised how little she knew of Kate's comfort life, having never entered her Hufflepuff dormitory.
She frowned when she noticed a little bed for Pat - had she mistaken the deal? Hollie had been sure she was staying for one night - where was she to sleep? Or had she got the wrong idea... her face flushed red with humiliation as she realised she had bought overnight clothes and everything. And then there was the fact her dad was due to pick her up tomorrow... she groaned.

She didn't mention anything, just placing her things down on Kate's floor hoping her friend wouldn't notice the sleeping bag inside. She would somehow sneak a text to her brother or dad, explaining there had been a mistake. Yes, that would do.

The horse was gorgeous, although Hollie was terrified of them. She would never have admitted it, though. Not to Kate, who was obviously at ease with them. She had hated them ever since - ... no, she would not ride it.
When Kate asked who wanted first ride, Hollie shied back instinctively and shook her head.
"No, no, no." She said, quickly. Too quickly. "I'm ok thanks." Her palms were sweating and her forehead damp. She needed to sit down.

Patricia waited in the hallway for Kate to show up. She started to feel a bit awkward as know one was talking now. Then after a few minutes of waiting Kate arrived at the top of the stairs and came down. When she did she had give Hollie and Patricia a hug, Patricia returned it to her. Patricia smiled at her when they realised, "Hey Kate. I'm up for anything." She said with a smile, she was just happy to be there. She couldn't believe how big Kate's house was and that she had a horse! Patricia had only ever been on a house once, and she loved it.

Patricia followed Kate around the house. It was beautiful, and so big, she just couldn't get over just how big it was. She was sure that she was going to get lost at some stage during her stay. Making her way up the flights of stairs Patricia looked at the lovely house. Then they reach the top floor and Kate showed them a small bed. Patricia smiled when Kate said that it would be where she was staying. "Thanks" Patricia said, as she entered the room and placed her suitcase and hand lugage on the floor beside the bed.

Patricia expected Kate to show them Hollie's bed next, as she heard her saying to her, whom she assumed, father, that she would see him the next day. And Patricia saw Hollies face when Kate went to take them outside to see the horse. She saw that Hollie had a sleeping bag with her, she assumed that she was staying too, Kate must be showing Hollie her room later she thought as she made her way down stairs and outside to where the horse was.

Patricia saw the horse, it was emmaculate, so beautiful, Patricia couldn't wait to have a chance on it. When Kate asked, Hollie immediately declined so Patricia said, "Can I have a go." practically jumping with excitement.

Kate smiled at them both as they smiled and then showed Pat the riding stuff and after equiping them both up (Pat and the horse!) she smiled and asked Pat if she could ride.

After sending them off, Kate turned to Hollie and quickly said, "I am sorry that your bed isn't set up. I literally arrived home and only had time to make Pats. Yours in in the cupboard at the moment and i think my dad is setting it up. I was really embarrassed and so didn't want to say anything infront of Pat. Do you understand?" She asked in a pleading way. "Come in and i will give you a drink!" She said kindly as she noticed Hollie looking a little faint. Waving a Pat she smiled at Midnight who was behaving.

Taking Hollie inside, she produced a glass and asked, "What would you like?" then she gave it to her after filling it up. Walking outside again, she watched Pat for a little and wondered when to tell them both the news. Her dad called from somewhered upstairs and she ran up, then came down again. "Hollie, your bed is ready!" She exclaimed kindly as she took the empty glass from her.

Calling Pat in, she asked them, "What do you want to do now?"

((Sorry! I got the wrong end of mine and Hollie's conversation! Please just go along with the RP PLEASE! I am sorry for the mistake and for the sake of making it up, i have assumed that Pat can ride so please go along with it! Thanks, Kate))

Hollie smiled faintly as Pat volunteered to ride the horse. She was relieved, because it had drawn all attention from her clear phobia of the creatures and allowed her and Kate a little time.
She listened to her friend's explanation and shook her head.
"No, it's fine, don't worry," she said, smiling. "I was just a little confused, that's all. It's absolutely fine, thank you so much."
Her heart slowed down with relief and she took a deep breath. It was fine, she didn't need to phone anyone.

She immediately accepted the offer of a drink and made her way inside.
"Urm... summerfruits please. I mean, do you have squash?" sje suddenly felt very trialled, having never been in a wizarding house before. She didn't know anything about their ordinary lifestyle.

"Thank you!" she said, as Kate took her glass from her, although she was referring to the ready bed. Then Pat came back in and Hollie smiled.
"Good fun?" she asked, feeling a little more confident.

"I don't mind," she said, in response to Kate's question. "Perhaps we could... I dunno, go upstairs?" She liked Kate's room, and was itching to unpack her messy bag.

Patricia followed Kate to get the necessary equipment on so she could have a go on the horse. When she, and the horse, were ready Patricia got on it and started to, slowly, make her way around the path already made by the horse. She was enjoying it so much that she didn't see Kate and Hollie talking about something.

See waved back at Kate who was taking Hollie into the house, she hoped that everything got sorted about Hollies' sleeping arrangements. After a few minutes of riding on the horse Kate called Patricia in. So she got of the horse and took of all the gear that she had on and left Midnight to run around for a while.

Before going into the house Patricia cleaned her shoes on a patch of grass, not wanting to dirty the house. Patricia smiled at Hollie, "Yeah it was really good fun. Midnight is very tame." She said to Kate. When Kate asked what they wanted to do next Patricia shrugged and looked at Hollie to see if she had a suggestion. She smiled when Hollie gave an idea, "Yeah, that's sounds fine with me. What about you Kate?" She said turning to her friend.

Kate smiled at them both and replied to Pat. "When i first got him, he was mad. No one could ride him without being thrown off but my mum and i soon calmed him down!" She stated quietly as she led them upstairs and through the hidden door in the mirror! They went upstairs and Kate glanced quickly to the right, where 3 beds were set up neatly. James and Mark had now gone out and so they were alone in the house. "Are you excited about becoming a second year?" She asked them as she flopped on her squwishy pink beanbag sitting in the corner in a mass of fluffy and normal cushions.
Milly started Meowing outside the mirror and Kate ran down the stairs to fetch her. Bringing her up she smiled and let her run around.

(Milly is a tabby kitten!)

Patricia was surprised when Kate said how Midnight wasn't very tame when they first got him, "Well you did a good job with him. He was very gentle." She said with a smile, looking out of the window. Watching Midnight running around, then followed Kate upstairs to her room.

When the entered the room through the mirror, Patricia sat on her bed and lay back, but left her head up so she could see Kate and Hollie. Patricia thought about Kate's question, "Excited, but nervous at the same time." She said with a nervous smile and a shrug. "What about you." She asked as Kate walked past her and then she came back with a small tabby kitten. Patricia sat up and looked at Kate petting him. "Aw he's lovely." She said.

Kate smiled at Pat and Hollie and then back to Milly. "I know, she is adorable isn't she!" She said proudly as she played with the kitten. "Um, well. I am excited but a little nervous. The lessons will be harder, thats fine and i still have all my friends. But um guys," She paused, debating whether to tell them or not and then decided that it wasn't the right time, "It will still be scary won't it. I mean, i always looked up to the second years and now the first years will look up to us!" She giggled convincingly and was rather pleased with herself for the quick recovery.

Patricia smiled at Kate, she had been so shy throughout the whole year, and she still hadn't fully broke out of her shell. Well not by the end of the summer Patricia thought to herself. "Yeah I know what you mean Kate, but I'm looking forward to the bit about the first years looking up to us. I mean we know what it's like for them so we can relate. Who better to help them than ones that were just like them not so long ago." She said reassualy. "And plus," She continued, "We always have the thrid years to look up too, they were the second years after all last year." She said with a smile.

Hollie nodded.
"I'm looking forward to it," she replied, earnestly. "Harri gave me such a lovely welcome, I'm determined to welcome the new first years in the same way!"
She noticed Kate's hesitancy, but carried on.
"Yeah, it will be slightly scary, but the respect they'll give us should be rather huge, and like Pat said, it will be nice to relate to them." She grinned. "Your kitten is so sweet! She reminds me of the one my dad bought Lucy for her birthday!"

Patricia laughed really hard at Kate's last comment, "Oh you weren't that bad so you weren't." She said to her. "So what should we do?" She asked, giving a sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back