Tristan Drage

Missing

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Tristan entered the Hog's Head with a solemn expression, although it was masked by the shroud of his hood to all around. That was the nice thing about the Hog's Head; no one asked questions, and you didn't ask them in turn.

Buying a pint of ale, he sat down at a small table in the back of the room, distancing himself from the common folk, leaving them to their own constant banter and foolery.

Sipping at the ale, he watched the newcomers stroll through the door, his face under the cover of darkness.

Lissandra stepped quickly inoto the Hog's Head, her vibrant red hair pulled into a loose bun and her beautiful face strained with weariness. In her hands was a basket, a tightly wrapped bundle of blue inside of it. To her side was a dark Italian man, slender yet forbidding.

She recognized Tristan's dark form in the back corner, and gave him a quick wave, not wanting to attract attention. Deciding not to bother with food or drink, as this was a quick occasion, she strolled lithely to him, taking a seat as she placed the basket gently on the table.

"Good evening, Tristan." Her voice was cold and drawn, her eyes piercing ice.

Tentatively, Tristan reached into the basket, knowing instinctively what it was. Who it was.

He cradled the two months premature child to his chest, his infant son warm and helpless.

"Erik Valcan Drage," Lissandra declared quietly, her tone bitter. "Just as you wished. He's all yours, Tristan." She rose from her seat just as quickly as she had sat, turning away.

"Lissandra, what the hell-" Tristan started, his eyes wide in confusion.

Lissandra's expression was a mask of bitter anger. "Don't act like you're stupid, Tristan. You've proven that you care more about kids than me, more about anyone than me, in fact." Her nostrils flared as she fumed. "Don't think I'm stupid, either. You thought I wouldn't find out, didn't you?" She lowered her voice to a hiss. "About you and Morgase."

Her face was strained in anger at Tristan, but she looked to the Italian man next to her. "Valencio and I are getting married. I'm sure you can deal with this. I can't raise a child, and I recognize that. You, on the other hand, are perfectly capable."

Before Tristan could say anything, she turned away, leaving her child behind. "Goodbye, Tristan. We may never see each other again."

"Lissandra, I can't just; you can't- Where are you going?"

Tristan stared at the closed door for some time after Lissandra had passed through it; his broad jaw hanging open in shock. Just like that, as if there was no time in the world to lose, Lissandra had dumped an infant son on him, casting her responsibilities as a mother away.

His gaze soon turned to the baby boy, his dark blue eyes wide and helpless, his form tiny and fragile. The baby was two months premature, but did not look it. Of course, Tristan's whole family was huge height wise, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

It was the nightmare all over again. How could Lissandra expect him to raise a child from infancy? He had failed horribly with the child he already had, and there he had had help.

He cradled the baby to his chest, and the infant's eyes were wide open, terribly quiet. Estrella had been extremely vocal and required constant attention. Was there something wrong with this child? Hopefully not; he seemed healthy enough. Tentatively he placed the child back into the basket, putting his head in his big hands.

What was Lissandra thinking? How could a mother just abandon her child like this?

Just like a father could abandon theirs, a sinister voice reminded him in his head, of the daughter and wife that he had abandoned.

His gaze darkened as another figure approached, and he grasped the handle of the basket tightly.

"Relax, dear Merlin," Lucius hissed, turning up his nose. "I watched the whole thing; I daresay you are in a most unfortunate situation." He gave the infant a passing glance, but he wasn't all that impressed. A child was a child.

"Hello, Lucius," Tristan breathed, nodding his head in recognition. He pushed his mug of ale aside, the taste desirable to him no more. "What brings you here, may I ask?"

"I was about to ask the same of you," Lucius replied coldly, pocketing a pair of rather expensive looking gloves as he rested his cane against a table leg. "My business is only one of a visit, but I do not understand your inquiries; this place is quite abysmal." He looked around, as if there were something quite horrid smelling under his nostrils. "You've landed yourself in quite a mess indeed. But I must say, how is dear Valcan?"

"He's doing as fine as ever," Tristan replied roughly, his expression dark. "Quite delighted with- Holy hell! Not him again!" he snarled in midsentence, as a man he knew all too well strolled into the dingy pub. Forgetting the basket, he picked up his infant son with one swift motion, protecting him with his bulky, muscular arm.

Deidre apparated to the outside of the Hog's Head, her expression grim yet confident. If her sources were correct, Tristan Drage would be inside.

She waited for a few moments to see if Nicolas would be joining her. If he didn't he didn't.

After minutes of waiting, Deidre decided that the anticipation was entirely too much and opened the door to the pub, suddenly greeted with a rush of warmth.

She rose her head, clutching her wand tightly. Suddenly she saw the man she had been hunting, sitting at a table with something in his arms. Suddenly overcome with a rush of bravery, she bellowed, "Tristan DRAGE!!" And whipped her wand out. "Stupefy!" she bellowed, hoping to knock him down.

Arriving finally in front of the pub Nicolas looked around, noone was in site, 'she must've already gone in' he thought as he too opened the soro of the pub. Immeadiatly in front of him was the supposed auror shooting spells at a man with a baby in his arms, death eater or not, "Deidre, STOP! He's got a child you fool!" he exclaimed, 'I suppose basic training no longer teaches them how to decipher targets and when to cast a spell.'

Tristan dodged the spell, it blasting into the wall behind him instead.
So the woman who had cast stupefy on him must be the one that Brunhilde had warned him about; and she had dragged King along with her.

"Expulso!" he bellowed, towards the two aurors. He protected Erik with the bulk of his arm, edging towards the door and ignoring Lucius. Pointing his wand at King, he snarled, "Why do you feel the need to butt in on everything concerning my children?"

"It's not so much your children, but you I care about." Nicolas stated, still blocking the doorway and brandishing his wand. The man's spell had been blocked with a simple flick of his wand.

"Impedimenta!" Lucius yelled, pointing his wand at the young woman attacker. He was sick of sitting in the dark, while always under the watch of the ministry. He was too old for it; and if he made it out of here, he could disappear.

Deidre managed to deflect Tristan's curse, but she was not expecting the blow from Lucius Malfoy's end. With a shriek she was blasted backward by the Impediment Jinx, her wand rolling to the floor. Stupid stupid stupid, she thought, scrambling for it.

Tristan backed up in anger, brandishing his wand angrily at King, while still protecting his kid. Would the man try to curse him? He didn't think so. Not with Erik in his arms.

But he was not going to let them catch him, and more importantly, he wasn't going to let his kid be taken away.

"Protego Totalum!" Nicolas exclaimed as he summoned Deidre's wand and helped her up. Handing it to her again, "Be careful." he murmured as he cast finite.

"Protego Totalum!" Lucius repeated after the man before him, smirking, "Two can play that game, young man."

His expression darkened. He wasn't going to get anywhere with attacking the two young aurors. But someone else would do.

"Diffindo!" he bellowed, at a table of people, who were frozen in shock. He hit one of them, and they screamed as their chest was cut open. Not as effective as Sectumsempra, but it wasn't too bad.

Tristan backed up, brandishing his wand at the civilians around them. He could try to disapparate, but there were spells to stop him. If he could get outside, though...

Taken an open fist, deciding not to waste time with spells, he punched out a back window, glass shards cutting into his hand, droplets of blood spilling all over the floor.

Launching towards the old man and leaving Deidre to hold her own he screamed, "STUPEFY!". The bolt emitted from his wand immeadiatly and violently aimed at the mans chest.

Taking the opportunity of the confusion, Tristan jumped out of the window, cradling Erik to his side and sheltering him from the broken glass. His face was cut up in the process, along with his arms and legs. Lucius would have to take care of himself.

Holding the screaming baby, Tristan disapparated quickly, leaving the chaos in the Hog's Head behind.

((sorry I was so slow in posting. my comp was being stupid.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back