Closed The Greatest

Freya chuckled when Marisol mentioned her description of her job was exactly what she would've expected a ministry job would be like. She knew there were plenty of minstry jobs that were more interesting than her own, but she'd also be lying if she said there weren't a lot that just weren't especially interesting as well. "Oh no." She sighed when Marisol mentioned Asaiah's game had really been bad, turning her head to look at him. It wasn't the first time things hadn't been going smoothly lately either. "Why? You think losing your dignity might scare me off?" She joked at Asaiah's words. If he wasn't going to be sharing any more details about his game then she was definitely going to read the paper tomorrow, just maybe not when he was there as well. Normally she'd happily tease him about it a little as well, but now that Marisol had already taken that role upon her for now she figured he might not be too happy with her starting too. "That sucks." Freya shrugged when he noticed their coach possibly getting fired now that the team was not doing too well. She wasn't really sure if the coach could really be to blame, but then again that might just be the risk of the job. "You played quidditch too, right? Back at school?" She asked as she looked at Marisol, wondering if she remembered correctly. "Maybe you could straighten them out." She added jokingly.

Marisol snickered gleefully, hiding behind her drink as Asaiah secretly flipped her off, but her taunting was short lived as he revealed that the team coach may be sacked. Marisol frowned softly and said, "Oh no! Was today's performance not just a fluke?" She'd always known Asaiah was a good Quidditch player which is why it was so funny to see him perform badly once, but if his team as a whole was performing terribly then it wasn't so funny to make fun of that after all. Even though it would be bad for the coach, Marisol understood why they might need to be replaced if they weren't doing their job to whip the team into shape. She nodded as Freya asked about her playing Quidditch in school though her smile was a little wistful since she missed playing in an official team. Gryffindor had won two Quidditch cups in a row unlike Slytherin, something she usually liked to tease Asaiah about as he had lost bets to her about who would win, but it didn't seem appropriate to bring it up now, no need to kick the man while he was down. Then she chuckled as Freya suggested she straighten the Macaws out. "Maybe I should. After all I was Gryffindor co-captain in my last year," she joked along. Though it didn't help her case that they'd actually lost the cup in her final year, not that she was seriously considering the coaching job anyway. "Asher maybe you can take over the coaching position! There are only so many hits your body can take before it starts to wear down, but this way you're still involved with Quidditch!" she said, hoping to sound encouraging as she looked at Asaiah.

''It's not that I think that it'd scare you off, I just want to hold up the facade of you thinking that I'm a good player for a bit longer,'' Asaiah said half-jokingly. If he continued to play like earlier, he would have no problem with Freya missing out on more matches in the future. It surprised him a bit that he cared so much about his image on the field as he hadn't always cared about that. He snorted when both said that Marisol should sort them out, though wouldn't mind having his best friend on the team with him. They used to talk about all playing together on the same team, maybe they could finally realise that. He frowned at Marisol's suggestion. ''Don't you think I'm a bit young to be a coach?'' Admittedly, Asaiah had thought about it in the past, but the thrill of beating up his opponent with a bludger was something he didn't think he could do without. She was right about one thing, though, his body could only take so many hits before he would end up in St. Mungo's permanently. It already took him a great deal of strength to get out of bed the day after a match at times.

"I'll keep that in mind for your next match." Freya chuckled at Asaiah's response, giving an appreciative nod. She knew things hadn't exactly been going smoothly for him lately but she also knew he was a good player. At least she thought he was and a little rough patch definitely wasn't going to make her think otherwise. She smiled when Marisol mentioned she was co-captain in her last year, trying to hide the fact that she had remembered very about the other woman from when they were at school. The only things Freya rememembered perfectly fine were that she was one of Asaiah's best friends and that she had always seemed intimidating to her. That didn't really matter now anyways, and she was glad she had at least managed to recall Marisol playing quidditch too. Even if she didn't exactly know what position or that she had been co-captain. When Marisol went on to propose the idea of Asaiah becoming a coach Freya had to admit that sounded like something she could get behind. Sure, she'd continue to support him for however long he wanted to continue playing, but that also meant she would have to see him keep getting hurt more than she'd like to. "Don't they have an assistant-coach position or something?" She asked when Asaiah mentioned being too young, suddenly feeling like she still knew less about the sport than she would like to admit. Surely there had to be positions like that, it seemed strange to just throw someone in the deep end when it came to coaching a team. "I reckon you'd be pretty good at it if you'd want to become a coach though." Freya added with a little shrug, pretty sure that Asaiah wasn't keen on quitting playing anytime soon yet at the same time convinced he would make a solid coach.

this is bad and late and i apologize

okayyyy sorryyyy for the major delay!!

Marisol rolled her eyes playfully as Asaiah said he was too young to be a coach. She nodded encouragingly at Freya's suggestion of an assistant coach and smiled at the blonde, glad that they seemed to be on the same page of looking out for Asaiah's long-term health. "Okay you're right, but it's something to think about for the future when you think of retiring. Not that it'll be any time soon!" she added quickly to reassure him that he wasn't too old to be playing. "But I do hope to see the Macaws win at least one game while I'm here," she added with an exaggerated sigh, "so I hope the coach can get it together before the season's over." She hesitated for a moment before turning to Freya and said, "Maybe we can go to a game together and watch Asaiah play." If she was going to stay in New Zealand for the foreseeable future and try to be back in Asaiah's life, she was going to have to make an effort with Freya as well because she didn't want her hesitance with his partner to accidentally drive him away. "After today's performance he's going to need as many people cheering for him as possible," she added in jest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back