The gallery of us.

Casper didn't say much, just slowly following along beside Linden, keeping close and just letting Linden look over the paintings. Cas felt oddly vulnerable... though perhaps it wasn't so odd. He'd poured his soul into this gallery, and he was basically guiding Linden through a tour of himself. He blushed when Linden spoke again, swallowing hard. He could hear the emotion in Lindens voice, and not trusting himself to keep the emotion out of his own, he decided to not say anything at all, instead just pulling Linden in against him. Cas shut his eyes, resting his cheek against the mans hair and just holding him quietly.

Linden felt Caspers arms wrap around him. It was comforting to have him there. Although there was a slight feeling like they had somehow switched places with cas comforting him. ”I love you” he said his voice muffled slightly by Caspers jumper before standing back up and looking at him. “You know. I don’t think you know how wonderful, brave and beautiful you are” he added brushing the hair out of Caspers face. Looking back to the picture. what a day that was he mused thinking back. It had started with him under the tree crying over Lucas and had ended drinking hot chocolate while awkwardly introducing cas and Tara.

Casper smiled softly. "I love you too, Linden," He murmured, rubbing the mans back gently. He couldn't help the shy smile as Linden spoke again, leaning into the touch. "Sweet talker," He teased gently, before leaning in to steal a kiss. He smiled softly and shook his head. "I think the last few years of school all sort of feel like some crazy, chaotic dream." He murmured, rubbing his hand gently along the curve of Lindens spine.

Linden watched as casper seemed to get a little uncomfortable. he smiled at caspers comment "it's not sweet talking if it's true. you are one of the bravest people i know" he said. kissing him back.
he felt caspers hand moving down his back, he took a step back. "Shall we finish looking at your art before you manage to distract me too much" he said taking caspers hand as they moved on to the next picture. "yes the last couple of years had to many ups and downs. but they led me here to you. and that is " he said "you know. if no one buys the lake picture. can we have it for the apartment" he said. he had no idea where they would hang it and had forgotten that other memories were still to come and he couldn't collect canvases of all of their memories or they would need an entire callery for them. but that one was special. but that image was so well captured he couldn't help himself.

Casper chuckled softly, blushing. "Alright, alright. Come on," He agreed, leading Linden towards the next painting. "Oh, that one isn't for sale." He told Linden. "I'm not selling a few of the more personal paintings. I wanted to really bare my soul, not sell it." He joked lightly, squeezing his arm around Linden. "I've already cleared space in my studio to hang a few of these more personal pieces. And I can resize them once we're back home." He told Linden, passing by a more forlorn painting of the longing and angst he'd felt that first semester back at school.

The drama of trying to come to terms with his feelings for Linden, his anxiety around Lucas, trying to piece back together the broken pieces of his family. There was a piece he'd made specifically for his mom, but he tried not to linger there, wanting to share it more in depth with her. He stopped though as they got to the piece he'd made for their Germany trip. It was a blurred shot of the snow above the lights of the carnival, the stalls visible through the snow fall below. It was warm, enchanting, with hints of darkness. He'd worked his angst into it, mixing it with the magic and wonder of the night.

Linden was glad that cas said that one wasn’t for sale. good or I may have to scratch up funds to buy it. It will look great in the appartment. he said. The next few they passed quickly. He knew the feeling they showed. Liking cas knowing he shouldn’t but not being able to help it. He saw himself as vampires as a falcon stood behind him. Their next proper stop wasn’t as clear a picture as some of the others. More abstract. Snow and lights and an angel of light. It was enthralling. He wasn’t sure what to comment. To him the night had been magical, one of the memories kept in his mind in case he ever needed to cast a patronus as he knew it would be a strong one. But he knew it had been a lot more angst ridden for cas. And the confusion was clear. that one is perfect he said. Giving Caspers hand a squeeze.

Casper chuckled softly. "Hey now, I couldn't just let someone else buy a painting of my boyfriend topless," He teased. He watched LIndens face for reactions to the paintings, smiling softly as Linden looked at the painting for Germany. Cas wrapped his arm around Linden again, drawing him in closer and pressing a kiss to his temple. "It's odd thinking how far we've come, isn't it?" He murmured softly, shutting his eyes and resting his forehead against Lindens hair.

Linden chuckled. "at least i am wearing pants. i may have a think to say if you put me up naked in a gallery he said. rolling his eyes. he felt caspers arm around his waist and his lips against his temple. and bit his bottom lip trying not to react too much. though he felt his face turning red. "yes. that was less than a year ago. and now here we are you opening your gallery and making me blush. mind you, you were making me blush then too and that was a year ago" he said gesturing to the painting of halloween and moving hiis grip to hug casper back. "you l were so hot in that falconer costume. it took my breath away though that suit tonight ranks up there" he said bumping his hip against caspers. "the difference is tonight i can do this" he said. reaching a hand around and gently stroking caspers cheek thinkin that maybe he should let cas be and let him finish networking before turning and kissing him just as he saw the flash of a photo go off around him

Last edited by a moderator:
Casper laughed lightly. "Hey now, I would never hang a painting like that in a public gallery," He teased in turn. He shook his head gently as Linden went on, chuckling and choosing not to comment. Instead he kept quiet, leaning into the kiss. He couldn't help but laugh when he noticed the camera flash. "I think you're going to end up in an article," He teased, squeezing Lindens waist. "Should we finish this tour when I bring this section back to my studio?" He asked. "A bit more of a private tour." Casper teased, kissing Lindens temple.

linden looked at casper hos brow furrowed from confusion. "no never in a public Gallery"' he repeated a slight emphasis on the word public, the tone in his voice somewhere between shocked and joking.
he smiled shyly and shook his head when cas said he would likely end up in an article. 'probably it's okay so long as you and your art are the focus. i am happy being the supportive boyfriend" he said returning Caspers squeeze.
he nodded as cas said maybe finish the tour when they were home it was nice seeing the art in the gallery. but it would also be nice seeing it at home on the sofa with cas in his arms. "that sounds like a plan. and i have stolen you for enough time now i should let you get back to your fans." he said taking caspers hand their fingers interlacing while his other hand gestured to the people in the room looking at the art or at them or talking to each other half drunk glasses in their hands. "where do we want to go first" he said.

Casper laughed lightly, pulling Linden away gently and over to a group surveying one of his bigger landscape pieces and chattering away. He tossed Linden a shy smile. "It sounds so weird when you say fans," he admitted gently. "I'll never be used to that." He squeezed Lindens hand, taking a deep breath and bracing himself as the group noticed his approach. "Thank you for being here with me tonight, I really appreciate it. I'd be lost without your support," He murmured to Linden, smiling warmly. Before either of them could say another word, they were swamped by the crowd and taken in.

Linden smiled as he felt cas pull away. well not cas pull away, he supposed, but cas pull them both away. he was glad. the way he was going he would not be trusting himself to see his relationship shared like that without being reminded of the thousand little reasons he loved cas. "you had better get used to it because you have a few. but i am always going to be your biggest" he said flapping his hand next to caspers face fanning him as if trying to prove a point.
He held his man’s hand a little tighter as he thanked him no cas. Here is where you belong. You are more in your element here than I am. You would have been hungry and may not have slept for five weeks. But you would still have done great tonight he said. The number of times he had had to drag cas away from his canvases to eat or sleep or shower. The times he had left a sandwich next to him on his way to work only to find it stale and untouched when he got back the number of stale sandwiches he had toasted and had for lunch. he looked over at cas and smiled. you put a lot into this enjoy it he said as they reached the group of people. He smiled as he greeted them making small talk and answering whatever questions he could. Making sure to keep close to Caspers side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back