Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
saz5g4.jpg
2n092r5.jpg
Chase Blade Sentence!
By: Erica Matthews​
Last week a trial was held for Chase Blade for the attempted murder of a woman by the use of the Unforgivable Killing Curse. This is the first official case that the new Minister for Magic has had to provide over and she has shown that she is more than capable as she ensured that everything was held to standard. Mr. Blade had several people try to vouch for him however it did little good as he was eventually sentence to no less than eight years inside Azkaban, after a short farewell he was taking out of the courtroom and brought back to his new home where he will be spending a large amount of time hopefully thinking about why he is there.Speaking with one of the Aurors at the Ministry I learned that Mr. Blade is in fact very lucky considering the maximum sentence he could have received is in fact the Dementor's Kiss. I was quickly informed that the practice of using the Dementor's Kiss is in fact very very rare and is only reserved for the most dangerous of criminals, however it is widely believed that Mr. Blade's age was taken largely into consideration which is why the nineteen year old did not receive a lifetime sentence as is typically the case in matter involving the use of an Unforgivable Curse.The Ministry has yet to take any appeals to this ruling and it is unlikely that any are going to be made however their is scheduled to be another trial in what is believed to be an unrelated matter. It is unknown at this time if the rise in trials is proof that there is in fact a rise in rumored 'Death Eater' Activities or if there are simply more Dark Wizards being apprehended these days.The Daily Prophet will ensure to keep all of it's reader's up to date on these developing matters as information becomes available.
World News:
By: Erica Matthews and Brian Getathorn XIX (Intern)

America: Centuars Threaten Open Revolt!

After the recent passing of a law forcing Centaurs to move to another location, Centaurs have begun in Open Revolt to include attacking several witches and wizards in a muggle inhabited area in Nevada. Luckily no Muggles saw the attack however the American President for Magic is currently discussion options on how to deal with this blatant attack. CLF (Centaur's Liberation Front= a group of witches and wizards fighting for the rights of Centaurs) have begun holding protests and requesting an appeal within the senate to remove the law and allow Centaurs to live peacefully. A member of the CLF was found horribly maimed last year when he tried to join a Centaur Clan by removing all of his clothes and painting himself brown. California has recently rejected a law that would allow wizards and centaurs to marry stating that such a thing was simply unnatural.

England: Plans on Hosting Next Quidditch World Cup

England is currently petitioning to host the next Quidditch World Cup scheduled for next year, they have stated that it has been years since they've hosted the cup and that they are sure no further mayhem will occur. Currently there are ten countries that are in the running for hosting the event as the International Quidditch League begins the final narrowing process. The Minister for Magic of England has stated that he has spoken with the leaders and is confident that England will be given a chance to host it. The Quidditch World Cup is a big event for any country to host and is said to help the nations economy greatly so the decision to allow a nation to hold it is said to be very difficult and is only made after all others have been eliminated.

Ireland: Gobstone Champion Dies Age: 132

Gobstone Champion of Ireland Pete Greenston recently passed away at age 132, he was said to be playing a game with his great grandson when he simply fell over and died. The family was not surprised and stated that they had been waiting for this moment for the last two decades because "He never once let us win at Gobstones the Jack A-" (Edited for language) Ireland's Gobstone League is preparing a memorial service for the legendary player and is asking all that would like to attend to bring a Gobstone in leu of flowers. The world is sure to miss Pete as the Gobstone World is dealing with this tragic loss.

France: Mad Bomber Apprehended!

Dante was apprehended in France last week thanks to an anonymous tip, the mad bomber of France is responsible for many high profile bombings over the last three years and the French Ministry assures the international community that she is being kept under high scrutiny. They are taking any and all rumors seriously about an attempted break out rumored to be planned by the French Criminal Syndicate which is currently being tracked down now that one of their valuable players has finally been captured. France is happy to have this dark stain on their nation finally behind lock and bars, her trial is scheduled to begin in two months following the gathering of witnesses and evidence despite the fact that their is actually little evidence being found considering everything was blown up.
tao7c0.jpg
Year of the Ministry #1 Ahmad Khalid!

For the first in a twelve story segment we will be writing about a member of the Department of Mysteries, now as all readers are aware this position in the Ministry is long held as a secretive one and thus we are not allowed to write about the specifics or the nature of the work that is involved however after interviewing Mr. Khalid, we are given some insight on the position and what is required for all of those interested in applying for it.

What is it that you do at the Ministry?I am an Unspeakable in the Department of Mysteries (No further information can be given to the public)

How Long have you worked at the Department of Mysteries?I have been a New Zealand Ministry Employee for about 2 years now.

What is your favorite/ least favorite part of the Job?My favorite part of the job is the intense debates, working to solve the problems of New Zealand. The least favorite part is the amount of work load, however, I don't mind a lot of work load as it keeps me busy, but sometimes, it can be a bit tricky.

What Made you want to choose this Job?Working towards helping the good of the Wizarding world is what I wanted to do and that's exactly what I'm doing. I am always interested in making things right for the good of people.

What would you tell someone who was interested in your field of work?Be ready for large amounts of work, have a good attitude about the work you are about to do and going to do, and strive to do your best. Working in the Ministry isn't the easiest job, but it can be lots of fun, if you know how to make it. If the newcomer is interested in working for the good of the people, then this department is right for you.

For his hard work at the Ministry the Daily Prophet would like to thank Mr. Khalid, he will be up for a 1,000 Galleon Prize at the end of the year once the readers have voted and decide who is the Ministry Employee of the Year. The Daily Prophet would like to say, Good Luck!

Daily Prophet Interns​
<i></i>

If your interesting in the exciting world of journalism and your a 5th year entering their 6th year or a 6th year entering your 7th year at Hogwarts apply now at the Daily Prophet. We have five internships opened for those wishing to get a head start in getting a career outside school. The Daily Prophet has a history of bringing out the truth and interesting stories to the entire magical community. As an intern you'll be working alongside a Daily Prophet reporter as they mentor you and help you write your very own story that will be published in it's own special section of the prophet. Interns have a higher chance of getting a job at the Prophet once they've officially graduated.Even if your not interested in working for the prophet but simply thinking about it, working as an intern will help get you a leg up in the world. You'll be able to meet and greet with some of the magical world's most influential people that will help you get the job that you are truly meant for.Applications will be accepted untill June, You must turn in a quick bio and reason for why you want wish to be an intern as well as a list of the current courses you are taking in School. All Applications should be turned in to Erica Matthews. So apply today and take the first steps in the world of adulthood and working!

Hogwarts Graduates:What has become of them?

By: Maddiie Stewart

As the years slowly creep by us, and most wonder the same questions as anyone? What has happen to Hogwarts New Zealand graduates for the passed four years. Most would think positive, gone off to work for the Ministry, while others went off to secondary schooling in the muggel world. Such schooling are called University and College. Where our graduates enter as freshman in these establishments, for whatever they desire to learn, they attend several amount of course served in the minimum of four years. Some continue on, which ever studies they have chosen ultimately it leads to a career either in the muggel world or wizard, its always up to them to decide their career path.We like to think positive has happen to our grads? Yes we like to think some has achieve greater position like our very own Professor Cyndi Weasley, last I've heard she was promoted to head of house of Gryffindor. A great young woman (who I attended school with) always expect greater goals from her very own students. Yet she welcome anyone with open arms and ears to whomever needs someone to listen too. I always knew she mixed well with Puffs too! Than we move on to those like Aries Centuari and Lindsay Love. Owning a shop and very much managing it well as we speak.My list can go on, but I rather stop. Now all has been rays and sunshine. Just a couple months ago a few of our very own graduates have passed away. Short lived, and sadly taken away from us to soon, I pay my regards and respect to Jaken Styx and his family. Greater sadness goes to Estrella a woman I once knew in my earlier years of school. Lost her husband and father to her children. This continues on to Alexis Richarde and her family. A young woman with goals, love and respect for those around her, lost her life in a tragic car accident. A very solemn witness had to be her very own boyfriend Izaak Finch. My sympathy goes out to them dearly. Ones turmoil can be ones weakness, but you have to ask yourself, is it worth living after that?Maybe Chase Blade could answer to that. He after all almost killed two innocent woman, without any reasoning only to find out later he's been pledge to the dark arts. What drive these students to the dark side? I very much can't answer that, though I know he's not alone. I want to blame the lack of grades before leaving Hogwarts, or the lack guidance. Either that or their beliefs that blind them to the truth, these are all what's become of Hogwarts New Zealand graduate. Good, bad, or ugly, we can't guide them forever. Its always been their decision to take the right path, its what expected of us to do. We just hope as the new generation take over, it won't be as chaotic as we see it.
a1iqvn.jpg
Who is the Minister for Magic?

Good day my loyal fans, I know it feels like ages since we've last spoken but don't worry the wait was well worth it as I've been busy gathering the juiciest of Gossip for you to chew over while standing at the water coolers. Everyone knows that recently we've been given a new Minister for Magic in the name of Seraphine Snow. Well I've heard something very interesting about this woman from a source very close to her or should I say him. Rumor has it that this woman is not the real Seraphine Snow and is in fact Scott Anderson who faked his death and has been using a combination of polyjuice potion and a sex change to assume this new identity. Now I tried to get in touch with the Minister however he/she was unavailable.Honestly, Scott did you really have to put the people through that much turmoil just so that you can live your life as a woman? Rumor continues that it was Nicolas King that helped him remove certain parts that would help him complete the change. It seems Mr. King really would have done anything to get the promotion though I must say that it is a sick thing to do and that perhaps the entire hierarchy of the Ministry might be looked at considering the outlandish behavior they've been doing. An interesting note is of the poor fate of the real Seraphine Snow, nobody seems to have notice that she's been replaced. Perhaps it's her body that is currently located in Scott Anderson's grave while he parades around her form and besmirching her good name.I implore all of my loyal and endearing fans to write to the ministry and demand that this fraud is revealed for who he is and that an investigation is opened so that we may find the remains of that poor woman and give her a proper funeral. I am also having to report that journalism these days isn't as free as it used to be as my editor is making me write that this may not be entirely the truth and that there is not substantial evidence to back this rumor however I have to say that the best rumors always have a grain of truth and that the most outrageous of rumors tend to be true just look at that article I wrote about the cheating Kiera Kingsley and James Potter, they're married now!This is your Daily Gossip Corespondent Cynthia Vandervoort hoping that you all Remember, we only reveal people's secretes to make you feel better about your own!

Brian first off I would like to say that was awesome! Well done very well done. I loved it just in case you could not tell. Keep up the good work can't wait to read issue number 12 :wub:

I too cannot wait to read the next one

Eden is so going to be mentioning that come next rp. She is not a fan of the minister and anything that causes her/him to look like a fool is alright in her book.

Great release Brian. ^_^

Woot, Ahmad got featured. xD

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back