Closed The Butterflies In My Stomach Have Turned Into Something Else

Damien stuck his tongue out at Danielle when she teased him. He considered her suggestions. "I kinda like Angel Elam Gates, what do you think?" He gave her a wry grin, keeping his hand on her belly. His eyes widened as she suggested a family dinner. "What, really?" He lit up. "Yes! Of course! I'll call everyone now!" He pulled her closer, kissing her fervently before darting away to find his phone.

Danielle grinned happily when Damien liked her choice of the name. "Does it sound for both boy and girl?", she wondered. Although she could call both with Angel. Elam for the boy, Ellie for the girl. At her announcement of dinner, Damien sprung into action making the woman laugh even more. "I'll call Domi, tell him to bring Rowan." Moving to get her phone and dial the man. "Dom, dinner at the Inn. We're telling everybody. Bring Rowan, will you?", pausing to listen to the man before she smiled hanging up. "Darling, I'm going downstairs to get changed." Ever since Damien knew of her pregnancy, he quickly moved to move their bed to a guest room downstairs although they would move back up when the baby arrived. She knew he would panic when he knew of him moving up and down the stairs.

Damien chuckled. "It does. Our little Angel," He murmured, rubbing her belly. He grinned, hurrying to get things ready. "IT'S SET," He yelled back, running to catch up with her. "I'll get dressed too," he grinned, wondering if they might perhaps spare a few minutes to work off some of his excitement before they got going.

A month or so later, Damien was awake at three a.m., yawning as he came back into the house. "Dani, I'm back," He announced, moving into the room where his wife sat in bed. "I have goodies," He held up his bag of groceries triumphantly. "I have carrot sticks, three different kinds of berries," he announced, setting each item onto the dresser. "Some cheesy snacks," He announced, before sitting down and putting a hand on her knee. "Now, remember that we love my little brother dearly. And we also love me most for waking him up." He pulled out a Tupperware bowl and offered it to her. "Involtini di Pesce Spada," He grinned, proud of himself for obtaining the Italian snack.

February 2051, Gates' Residence
Danielle heard Damien came back. At the sound of his yawn, tears fell from her eyes as she felt guilty for making him find the food she wanted. Why did this baby even want something Italian?And it even had to be Cooper's cooking. He was busy talking while pulling out what he brought. He sounded enthusiastic although she could detect a hint of tiredness. He did not notice her crying silently yet and she did not bother looking up at him. Her eyes were fixed on the hand on her knee, the bowl of Spada within her sight. She did not notice a tear fell and landed on her husband's hand.

Damien paused as he took in Dani, tilting his head a bit to the side. He set the Spada on the dresser and scooted closer, catching Danis face in his hands and lifting her chin to look at him. "Hey, love," he soothed, running his thumbs over her cheeks to wipe at the tears. "Its okay. Cooper was so ecstatic that you wanted his food. He cheered when I told him." He leaned in to kiss her softly. "Angel was hungry. That's alright," he soothed, drawing her against his chest and rubbing his hand softly over her back.

Danielle sniffled, burying her face on his chest. She remained like this until she felt better, Damien's hand stroking her back. After a few moments, she mumbled. "Do you want to eat with me?" She looked up at Damien, stroking his jaw before pulling him into a kiss.

Last edited:
Damien chuckled, but Dani kissed him before he could answer. He kissed her back for several moments before pulling back, shifting so he was propped against the headboard with one arm behind his head and the other around her waist. "If I say yes, will you feed me?" He asked playfully, rubbing his thumb against her waist.

Danielle glared at her husband's request to feed him. She did not want to share. It was her food after all. Tears welled up again. "You eat it. I don't want to share. I'm going back to sleep." She seriously did not understand herself at that moment. She crawled back to bed and turned her back on him.

May 2051
Danielle's stomach was getting bigger as she was in her seventh month. She was sitting in the rocker inside the nursery, loving the motion as it helped her relax. She had just sent notice to Dexter that she would be taking her maternity leave from that day until Angel was on her second year. Yep, they were having a girl. She wondered if Damien already knew she was home already. That man had good instincts whenever she was nearby.

Damien had been in the middle of an article when he finally felt like Dani should be home. He checked the clock. Hm... it was a little early, but he decided to investigate anyway. He saved his work and stretched before padding through the house, finally checking the nursery. He smiled warmly, making his way into the room. "Hey, beautiful," He greeted softly, moving in and leaning down to kiss her.

Dani giggled softly when she heard muted footsteps around the house. Three... Two...One... Damien came in with a kiss on her lips. "Hey, handsome.", rubbing her tummy gently. "You are good. You knew I'm here already.", she teased. She made a move to stand, finding it a bit difficult now with her growing belly.

Damien grinned, helping Dani stand, one hand on the small of her back while he placed his other over her belly. "How're my girls?" He asked, pressing a soft kiss to Dani's forehead. "Do you want me to rub your feet again? Pester Cooper with some food?" He asked, smiling impishly.

Danielle laughed the moment she was on her feet. "I just got on my feet but I'd love a foot massage tonight." Shaking her head in amusement, she linked her arms though his. "How about we visit Tyra and have dinner with them? I'd love to see the kids at the same time to see what my cousin is up to."

Damien chuckled, kissing her cheek. "Then you'll have a foot massage," He promised. He listened to her speak, his heart twisting a litte at her words. "Let me call first," He told her. He wanted to go, of course he did, but Jason... well, his older brother was still upset with him. Damien sighed, leaning his head on Dani's shoulder.

Dani was already excited to go when Damien said he would call. This was kinda a first. And the sigh. She turned to face him, her growing belly not letting her snuggle to him. "Darling, what's wrong? You never called Tyra first for a dinner. Well except during that time when people would be joining." She cupped his cheek to compensate for the hug she could not do at the moment.

Damien hesitated a moment before answering, leaning into Danielle's touch. "Jason is off today," He answered quietly, sadness in his eyes. "He still isn't talking to me." He shrugged, stepping closer and laying his head on Dani's shoulder. "I miss him," He spoke quietly. He, Cooper, and Jason had always been close growing up, and having Jason's anger extend into the years of silence was harder on Damien than he wanted to admit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back