Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Damien ❤️
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
December 2050; Gates' Residence
Despite being happily married for almost a year, Danielle Gates still knew how to look her absolute best. Between quidditch practices and a wife to @Damien Gates, the woman could not ask for anything more. Except for the thing that she had in her hands right now. She wondered if the man was home after sending him a quick text that she would be home early. She had picked up something for them, mostly for him. Placing the bag and the envelope, she called out, "Darling, I'm home." She moved to the kitchen to fix a glass of strawberry juice. This explained her sudden craving for the particular flavor. She was more of a mango and an orange person. She also brewed some coffee for the man.

Damien had been up in his study, throwing together a new blog on the latest fashions from Paris, when he heard his wife call out. He jumped up, hurrying down the hall and taking the steps two at a time. "Daniiiiiiiiiiiii," He called back, skidding into the kitchen and sweeping her up in a hug, spinning around several times before setting her back on her feet. He smothered her neck in kisses, smiling brightly with his arms around her waist. "Darling!" He hummed brightly. "You're home early. You okay?" He fussed, pulling back and brushing her hair from her eyes.

Danielle just finished pouring the coffee into the mug when she heard the pounding upstairs all the way down the stairs. She had not seen the man yet but she could already hear his voice. Shaking her head while chuckling she turned around from what she was doing just in time for her husband to skid inside the kitchen and swept her up. "Oh, Damien!", she exclaimed as she clutched his shoulders while being spun dizzily. She steadied herself by holding onto the man when he set her down, only to be peppered with kisses. She laughed even more before playfully slapping his chest. "Silly you!", she chided. When asked why she was home early, she pulled away to get his coffee. "Of course, I'm okay. But we need to talk.", she said as she handed him his mug. She took her seat with her strawberry juice, hoping her affectionate husband could notice the change of juice preference. That would be a good topic opener.

Damiens brows raised as Dani said they needed to talk. He took his mug, sipping his mocha and following her into his seat. "Well, that's ominous. What's going on, love?" He asked, eyeing her drink. "Strawberry? Feeling frisky today or did I forget your mango when I was shopping? I can go get you some," He offered, setting his mug down and starting to stand. "I'm sorry, I can go get some really quick," He gave her a bright smile as he moved for his coat.

Dani inwardly smirked as she took another sip of her drink. He did notice. Although, he did not notice the bag and the envelope just close by. She shrugged at his question but what he did next surprised her. "No, no. There's no need.", she made a move to reach across him to prevent the man from leaving. "I don't like mangoes anyway.", she added, wrinkling her nose. Because of her current state, just the mere mention of the fruit's name put a distaste on her tongue.

Damien paused, surprised as Dani stopped him. His brows raised as she said she didn't like Mangos. He hesitated. "You... did last week," He tilted his head a little to the side, moving to crouch down in front of her, crossing his arms over her legs and setting his chin on his arms as he looked up at her. "Dani? What's going on?" He questioned.

Dani just shrugged in response to Damien's comment. Her husband grew more concerned which wanted her to laugh but tried not to. The woman looked a bit disappointed when her small surprise was ignored at the table but she was flattered that her husband's attention was on her. Looking down at him crouched in front of her, her heart was filled with love. She bent down and pressed a kiss on his lips. "Nothing wrong is going on. Something right though is.", she vaguely began before reaching for the bag and removed the shirt that was for him. Still folded, she placed it on her lap, she reached for him and unbuttoned his denim jacket, taking it off followed by his shirt. Then, she put on the shirt on him, holding his gaze with her green eyes. "Looks good on you, darling.", she said when she inspected him.

Last edited:
Damien kissed Dani back gently, mind still whirring as he tried to piece it together. He watched as she reached into a bag on the table and produced a shirt. His head tilted as she undressed him and put the shirt on him. He looked up at her, confused a moment before looking down at the shirt. The way it was positioned, he could only read 'to be' and it confused him. "to be?" He murmured, trying to pull the shirt out a little. When that didn't work he reached for the envelope on the table. "Can I?" He asked, looking back to Dani.

Dani was really amused at her husband now as he tried to make out what was on the shirt. Thankfully, it fit him just right and Damien could still not read what was written clearly. She took another sip of her juice when he reached out for the envelope. Finally, he noticed it. "Yeah, sure. It's for you actually.", she mused as she leaned back to watch the scene unfold.

Last edited:
Damien glanced to Dani, brow furrowed. "You're acting very suspicious," He teased her, settling back into her lap as he opened the envelope. He slid out the paper, frowning as it was the wrong way. He flipped it over, his eyes scanning over the words quickly. He froze, before scanning over the words again. He half stood, staring intently at the paper in his hands. After several long moments, he spoke. "Danielle... this is... is this? You... you're..." He shook his head, dropping the paper and giving up on talking completely as he pulled Dani up out of her chair and into his arms, burying his face in her neck, arms wrapped tightly around her.

Danielle just grinned at her husband's antics. He surely would not be acting like that once he saw what was inside. She took another sip of her juice before picking up her phone while the man was fumbling with the paper. The moment the realization sank in, she took a picture - Damien, in his first dad shirt with the sonogram paper. "Damien, you're - Oh!", she gasped as she was pulled out of her chair and into his arms. She sighed blissfully, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Speechless, are we?", she teased.

Damien just hummed, squeezing Danielle tightly. "How far along are you?" He whispered, rubbing circles on her back. "There's so much to do," He breathed, pulling back and kissing Dani gently. He grabbed Dani's shirt from where it had fallen, slipping it over her head. He laid his hands over her belly gently. "Danielle," He breathed.

Dani giggled as she sighed contentedly in his embrace. "About two.", she replied, enjoying the soothing circles her husband was making. She leaned into the kiss, although confusion crossed her features at his statement. "To do?", echoing his last words. Laughter escaped her lips when she was helped into the other shirt. She caressed his jaw. "How's Daddy Damien sound?", she teased him.

Damien picked Dani up in his arms, walking her upstairs to one of the guest rooms. "Yes, to do, Mommy Dani," He chuckled. Setting her down. "We need to prepare a room, so shopping. Paint. A think a lilac would be a nice, neutral baby color, what do you think?" He asked, studying the room. "We'll need a crib, baby clothes, a complete make-over of this room." He turned back to Dani, rubbing her back again. "We should also move down to the guest room on the first floor for now, so you don't have to take the stairs when you're further along," He grinned.

Danielle squealed when she was carried again. This time upstairs. "How you managed to carry me without breaking a sweat mystifies me.", she laughed as she secured her hold around his neck although she knew he would never drop her. "Seriously, darling. I can walk." They entered one of the guest rooms which they currently assigned to their female cousins and relatives whenever they came for a visit. She was about to ask him why they were there when her fashionable husband started enumerating the things that needed to be done, according to him. His excitement bounced off the walls that she could not help but burst out laughing. "Darling, isn't it too early? I mean we haven't even announced it yet." When he mentioned moving downstairs, she nodded in agreement. That she did not want to argue. She did not want to freak him out over her safety. "Moving downstairs it is. I'm gonna miss my bed.", she pouted playfully.

Last edited:
Damien chuckled. "Sure you can," He winked at her. "But how else am I supposed to spoil you?" He kissed her forehead before setting her down. He pouted as she tried to damper his mood, his smile faded a little and his shoulders slumped. "Oh... okay," He looked away, feeling dejected. "When are we telling everyone then?" He tried not to sound too put out, he really just wanted to go shopping right now, empty the room, maybe get new carpet after painting the walls. "I can move the bed downstairs too if you want," He offered softly, rubbing his arm.

Danielle noticed the slump of her husband's shoulders. She laughed aloud before hugging him around the torso. "Awe... Is my baby daddy pouting?", she teased. She knew how excited he was from the announcement. "When are we going shopping?", she decided to indulge the man. After all, when's the best time to do it right? "Then, we'll tell everyone a month or two from now. How's that sound?", she kissed his cheek. She wanted to savor this moment with him. When he suggested moving the bed downstairs for her, her face lit up. "You will? For me?", she looked up at him, "Won't it be a lot of work? This bed's fine as long as you sleep with me."

Damien grinned impishly as Danielle called him on his pouting, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Maybe," He kissed her. He lit up again as she asked when they were going shopping. "Can we go now? I think we should redo the whole room, carpet, paint, curtains, everything." He chattered, swaying Dani gently in his arms. He chuckled, kissing her head. "Fine, a month. I'll set up a dinner over at the inn with my family and all yours, how's that sound?" He grinned, eager. "Can I tell Dominic now, though? I'm excited," He grinned impishly. "And you should tell Cooper. Keep the two of them in the loop and surprise everyone else."

He chuckled as she got excited about the bed. "Of course it won't, I'll shrink it a bit and levitate it downstairs while you're at work. Are you going to go on maternity leave? I don't think Dexter will let you fly around when your belly is bigger than the bludgers," He teased lightly, kissing her before she could scold him.

Dani let out a giggle as she responded into the kiss. Her giggles turned into laughter when her fashionista boyfriend launched into the details. "My fashionista husband.", she leaned into his hug. "Sometimes, I wonder who is the woman between us. I play professional sports and here you are, talking about carpet and purple.", teasing him. Her eyes went wide when he suggested telling Dominic. As much as his brother approved when her husband asked for his blessing, telling him that his baby sister was pregnant was a different story. "Alright, tell Domi. But you have to tell him by yourself while I tell Coop.", she challenged him. Telling Cooper would be easier since he was younger than her. Dominic, on the other hand, she did not want to dwell on it.
The woman's face brightened, even more, when he told her how he would move it. "I always seem to forget we can do magic.", she chuckled, smacking her head playfully. Speaking of work, she pondered the question. "I have to talk to Dexter about this. He had not known it yet.", she slapped his arm, laughing into the kiss. "Well, my tummy is still smaller than the snitch. I'm still good to fly."

Damien pretended to be offended. "Who's the woman?" He put a hand over his heart, scoffing. "Darling, I'm fabulous." He smirked, "That makes me the Queen," He winked, kissing her swiftly. He chuckled. "Your brother doesn't scare me, you're on," He was confident in the moment, sure of what was going on and thrilled to see Dominic again.

As the weeks went on, Damien prepared the nursery. He stood back, admiring his work. Hearing his wife, Damien called out. "Dani, darling, have you had any ideas for a baby name?" He questioned. "I was actually thinking instead of D's, we go with A's. You know, it's the second letter in both our names," he mused, studying the room. What else would they need?

Danielle just laughed at how her husband confident in telling Dominic. "Darling, you don't know my brother.", she teased back before snuggling into his embrace.
January 2051; Gates' Residence
Her third month came quickly. With Damien putting his blog on pause, he was busy renovating the guest room. It was even harder to keep the secret when the girls wanted to sleep over and the couple had to turn them down because they did not want them to find out that Damien was kicking them out of the room. Arriving home from practice, Damien called her out, making the woman follow his voice. "Darling, it's beautiful. I love it.", she gushed as she looked around. She wrapped her arms around his torso before answering. "A sounds good but don't you want D?", she was perfectly aware the main reason why her husband was avoiding their first letter. Dani and her four other brothers had their names begin with the same letter. However, the woman still loved to tease him.

Damien wrapped his arms around Dani in return, kissing her forehead softly. "Darling, it's something we share with all of your brothers," He reminded her, "What do you say we give our baby something that's just us, hm?" He asked, tucking her hair behind her ear and placing a hand lightly over her belly. "What about Angel?" He asked, rubbing her tummy gently.

Danielle giggled loudly while snuggling into her husband's chest. "I know, darling. I'm just teasing you.", wrapping her arms around his torso. Her stomach was already sporting a slightly small bump. "Alright, let's do As.", she agreed, liking the idea of not using their first letters. She smiled blissfully, every time Damien laid a hand on her belly. "Angel... I love it.", she whispered, placing a hand over his on her belly. She was on cloud nine at what they were experiencing. Their first milestone as a married couple.

Damien smiled, kissing Danielle gently. "What about middle names, love?" He inquired, running his thumb lightly over Dani's belly and keeping an arm around her shoulders. He had been doing so much shopping lately, including a full dresser of baby clothes and a closet full of diapers. He was determined they would be prepared, having stocked a cupboard of baby food and already looking into plans and costs for building a swing set and sandbox in the back yard.

Danielle giggled at the ticklish sensation on her belly. When asked for middle names, she teasingly said, "Something with Ds.". she had not thought of the names yet but she was playing with something that means forever, everlasting or eternal. "Elam? I read that it means forever. Everest just like the mountain. Mountains mean everlasting for me." she mused. She turned to look at her husband. "How about we go out for dinner tonight? You look tired from all these preparations." She had already thought of paying Tyra a visit when an idea came to her. "Or how about we call everybody at the inn? Tell Dominic and Cooper that we are announcing it tonight."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back