Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hey all!
It wouldn't be a :nick: BWU if it were on time - so here's the late update for all of you. :D (Not that I don't have a good reason for being late: but don't I always? :tut: )
It's been a busy time for HNZ over the past couple of weeks with a new school year starting and sorting wrapping up - so hold on to your seats because there's some mad updates comin' your way!

Week Three has Begun!
It's hard to believe that we're already nearly half way through the first semester of Y20 - but it's true! If you're not posting in classes: get to it (unless you're in Slytherin - then just cause trouble around the castle and lose house points)!
You likely have noticed that, already, Slytherin is preparing for another crushing victory in the house cup: which we simply cannot allow!
So pull up your knee-socks, Hufflepuffs. Put on your brave faces, Gryffindor. And pull out your brainy brains, Ravenclaw! One of us must win this time around!
QUIDDITCH
Did you know there are two currently active games of Quidditch? If you didn't - you should probably be on HNZ more often!
Check out Slytherin v. Hufflepuff and when you're terribly bored of that head over to Ravenclaw v. Gryffindor and cheer for those lions!
Accio!
As mentioned in the last BWU - Accio! for Y19 was released but there's no rest for the wicked and preparation for Y20's edition begins now!
Seventh year students should check their PMs and everybody else should ensure they post pictures/whatever in the appropriate topics and forums.
Sorting Closed!
Sorting closed at the beginning of this weekend with plenty of new students sorted into the same four houses that we all know and love (With the exception of Slytherin, which we simply suffer :tut: - seriously guys, share the house cup. It's just a matter of courtesy.) The final sorting numbers are displayed in this lovely chart:
SortingY20.png

Shopping/Holiday Forums Closed to Students
With the start of the school year comes that sad time when students can no longer continue holiday RPs. It is my sad duty to inform you that that time has since passed. :cry:
Applications Closed & Opened
We are no longer hiring for positions of professor and shopkeeper.
Applicants for shopkeeper should hear back within the next week as to the final decision that was made.
We'd also like to welcome our new professors to the team and thank them for the hard work they're already doing and the even more hard work that awaits them.

With those applications wrapping up all the usual types of applications are now open once again! Have a pureblood-in-waiting or a plot that's been nagging you senseless for months? Apply now!
Reminder: Characters need a backstory
It's true! If you have a character that doesn't have a biography posted yet - make one! It's a great way for people to quickly learn about your character and a very useful way for you to always have a handy guide to the important events in your character's life so you don't lose track or forget all the time.
If you don't think your character is at a place where you want a full biography yet, post a character development! These threads help you start thinking about your characters in new ways as other roleplayers ask you questions about the events in your characters' lives, as well as about their motivations, personality, and preferences.
Of course, if you have a biography a character development thread is still always a useful tool for delving a little bit deeper into the psyche of something you've created but may be too close to see something that somebody else has picked up on for you!
[ul][li]I Need You Now
After the mishap of Graduation, when Hazel shot down Samual, the both of them have been depressed. Hazel moved in with her cousin and Kiara. After nearly a year, Kiara and Justin devised a plan to get her out of the house, but it didn't go quite to plan.</LI>[li]Tea Leaves
Abbigale and her husband have been going through marital problems. Abby doesn't think that she loves her husband anymore. After an especially bad fight, Abby finds herself at her favourite cafe. Soon, she is joined by a man that is truly interested in her and her life, he is trying to cheer her up, without prying. Abby flirts with him and finds herself wondering if her marriage of six years isn't worth it anymore.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]QUIDDITCH
[li]Something MESSI?!
[li]The slow demise of Slytherin in the house cup
<LI>[li]A great Y20!
[/li][/ul]That's all I've got! I hope you enjoyed the update and maybe had something brought to your attention that you weren't fully aware of. As always, if you have any questions/comments/concerns about something in the BWU feel free to post them here!

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)
P.S: You may think that there was some sort of crazy house bias against Slytherin and for Gryffindor in this update - but you'd be dead wrong. :r

Thanks for the update Nick ^_^

Yay, All Slytherin comments :r

Thanks for the great update Nick! ^_^

I think there's a reason Slytherin are kicking a** so you better used to it pretty soon because I ain't going anywhere (even if I post in my classes late) ;)

Marcus King said:
I think there's a reason Slytherin are kicking a** so you better used to it pretty soon because I ain't going anywhere (even if I post in my classes late) ;)
We've always kicked butt. :r
Anyways, thanks for the updates Nick!

Pat, you have several Slytherins!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back