Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Welcome to the Bi-Weekly Update!
I know this is a little bit late: but it wouldn't be a BWU if that wasn't the case. :tut:
Sorting: Closed
Sorting has been closed for Y19.
All said, we had 75 students sorted, with the house breakdown being:[ul][li]Gryffindor: 19</LI>[li]Slytherin: 19[li]Ravenclaw: 20[li]Hufflepuff: 17[/li][/ul] Which, I think, is a fairly nice split.
We also had 3 successful transfer applications to HNZ (so there's some new blood in higher year levels, too).

While sorting is over, the discussion goes on! Feel free to discuss sorting and its results in this thread - maybe as you've started to roleplay your new first year you realized the sorting hat's strange house choice fits fairly well, or has changed how you roleplay the character, or sucks even more than you first thought (who knows!).
Holiday Forums Closed
As Y19 is now well under way, holiday forums have been closed for student characters (except for first years, some of whom may have still have to buy their wand - the forums will close for first years by the end of the week).

We hope you enjoyed having some expanded forums to roleplay your characters in and are sure you're already hatching plots for the next holiday break. ^_^
Quidditch
Quidditch try-outs have concluded for Y19 - which means the first Quidditch game using our revamped Quidditch system should be on the horizon!
Even if you didn't make it on a team (or, heaven forbid, didn't even try out) we hope you're as excited for Quidditch this year as we are and will enthusiastically cheer for your favourite house team.
Kaitlyn's back!
'nuff said.
Kaitlyn took a break from being a Global Moderator to focus on school for a while. Confident in her abilities to juggle 1001 things at once (instead of the usual 1000) she returned to the team and we're happy to have her back.
Character Spotlight
If you haven't gotten a chance to check it out, our newest spotlighted character is Matilda Undersee - so check out her biography and maybe take a moment to congratulate Claire on making such a nifty character!
It's time to vote!
A lyric competition was just hosted by MESSI, and we need you to decide who should win! Head on over to the voting topic and cast your vote for queen of the lyricists!
Applications: Still Closed
I'm sure you've noticed - applications on HNZ are still closed ( :( ). Sorting just ended, but we have a handful of extant applications we'd like to get through before we reopen applications to the usual post-sorting onslaught.

As usual, your patience is truly appreciated.
An emoticon returns!
I love emoticons on HNZ. They're just awesome, and this weekend an emoticon that we had in a previous set of emoticons made its incarnation to the current set!
HNZ, meet :pop: ! (
Code:
:pop:
) I entrust this image to your care.
A big thank you to HelenaZF of IF/ZB Support who took the time to recolour and rework the emoticon for this set - she's an awesome lady and so much stuff wouldn't happen around here if I couldn't pester her for her help. :rAs usual, we love to take a couple moments to share plots which you, members of HNZ, think are pretty cool and worth a read.
However, if you have any open topics that you would love to have random members of the site just jump in to - why not start highlighting those, too? We'd love to see them! [ul][li]Similarities and Mirrors
Neither Rebecca nor Dante like to speak to people. Rebecca because she made a promise, Dante because he finds verbal communication to be unnecessary. They run into each other one day in the Owlery, but how long can they last, with out talking?
[li]Surprise!
Sammy talks to Hazel after months of not talking to find out if she is angry. After making up, he drops a bombshell on her. The answer he gets, is not what he expected.
[li]A shop warming party.
After taking ownership of the dinette in makutu mall and having renovations done. Tara and Leigh have a shop warming party which the whole wizarding community is invited to attend.
[li]I Almost Do
A year and a half has past since Faxen Lowart rejected Dymetris Kozlov's proposal, resulting in a nasty break up. Dymetris happens to show up at a show where Faxen is performing. The two ex-lovers talk for the first time since they ended their relationship.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Quidditch!
[li]Quidditch!
[li]Fun times in classes with professors?
[li]Something for Halloween?
<LI>[li]DID I SAY QUIDDITCH YET?!
[/li][/ul]That's it for this BWU!
As usual, any questions/comments/concerns/random-posts-to-use-the- :pop: -emoticon are more than welcome here. ^_^

Get ready for some Quidditch!

~Nick :nick:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Lovely Update Nick!

anigif_fasasd-28093-1311879285-28.gif

:pop: I love this emoticon already!

Yay! A new emoticon! :pop:
I still think :devious: , :geek: , and :teehee: are my favorites though.

Thanks for posting the update!!

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
Yay! A new emoticon! :pop:
I still think :devious: , :geek: , and :teehee: are my favorites though.

Thanks for posting the update!!
Thanks for the update Nick.

Cyndi, you missed out :mike: as one of your favorites...

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back