Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
So, it is my turn for another BWU, and boy, I got stuck with the one that has so many updates! Oh so many. But alas, they are pretty epic, so I guess we should get started. :lol:
Site Blog
Looks like there have been two brand new blogs to the Site Blog, one that I submitted and another that our dear Amanda (Estrella Drage) had put in. She was a guest author so she could write the blog. So check them out right here! They are interesting reads on what is going on in the minds of the site.

Character Spotlight
Another person has been spotlighted! Looks like we are on our good schedule then huh? :r This person happens to be none other than Minoas Stratis, or otherwise known as Liam! Congratulate him on a very well done job, and to view the full announcement, come here for the full announcement.

Open Role-Plays
One thing that the site had been lacking as of recently, was open Roleplays but it appears that Amanda's words got out to everyone. We have been seeing many open Roleplays, but by all means, we are not shooting down the closed ones, because we do support on having some that would need invitation. So, join an open roleplay, start one, and if you love them a lot, you can wear this image in your signature!

Hiring: Shopkeepers and Professors
Oh my, looks like we are accepting applications for all sorts of positions, from Madam Malkin's Robes to Potions Professor! We need some people that will be around for a long time and will be dedicated to support all the positions. Come here to apply for a shopkeeper and come here to apply for an open professor position!

Site Poll
Alas, we have yet another site poll to vote on many aspects on HNZ. It needs your opinion! Remember to post as well if it says to, and your opinion matters here on this wonderful site! So come here to cast your votes! And remember to post on what you think!

Applications: Delayed
Beware, HNZers, applications will be delayed a bit a little longer because of Sorting and Transfers. Why is that? Every person sorted has to put in an application plus the transfers. So please be patient with the Sorting Hat, and the Administrators with processing applications. They are going through them slowly so it is all right to wait a bit longer. With sorting and everything going on, things are running a tad bit slower. Patience is key, and it may be awarded. :)

Halloween: Trick or Treating!
Trick or Trick, HNZ, we are doing something great for Halloween! Try to find a pumpkin and see if you are tricked, or treated! The tricks are well, trickery and you will know if you will get a treat. The treats are very pleasant, and they are mysterious. So come and join the The Great Jack-O-Lantern Hunt!
It will be closed sometime on Monday!

Daily Prophet
Oh is that the newspaper I see? Better than a normal boring newspaper, it is the thirteenth issue of Daily Prophet was released earlier! Two people formed it, so it isn't that big right now, but we will have it bigger next time. However it is an interesting read indeed! Come here for the read on all the news!
If you have a good story for the Daily Prophet, or want to be featured, shoot either Maddiie LeMour or Lothar Litvack with the story!

Sorting and Transfers
Zomg, Sorting has opened for the new Year! Y14 to be exact! Have a first year? Come and join the ceremony. Want to have a student transfer in? Just apply for it! It is very exciting, so get sorted as soon as you can because it does not last forever! Come for the full announcement!

New Prefects and Head People
Congratulations to the new prefects and head people! They are as followed:
Justin Cliffeton
Kamaria Zhefarovich
Madlyn Margera
Faxen Lowart
Ostensia Romanes
Dymetris Kozlov
Makaylah Makwa
Lapis Lazuli
Isabella Romanes
Bella White

Start of the Semester!
Looks like lessons will be beginning here soon, looking at the calendar, the semester starts November 7th. Professors, get your lessons ready if you haven't, and students, get those quills ready to start attending lessons and start getting your house some points! The more the better, and someone needs to beat Ravenclaw this year. :tut:

Accio! Released
Looks like Accio! has been released! That includes the results of the IC Superlatives. I have seen that from the site poll, people love the superlatives, even though last year, there were not that many votes and even less nominations. Came to a decision to give it a shot this year, in Y14, and if it turns out better than Y13, then it will stay. See similar results, and...you can all guess. ;)
To see the newest addition to Accio! come here to see our work!
We have quite a few that are highlighted, and here they are![ul][li]Revenge ; It's A Dish Best Served Warm
Gregory, angered that his son is in Azkaban, confronts the Minister for Magic herself, however he learns that she is a force to be reckoned with and is no push-over.</LI>
[li]Sometimes You Have to Make Your Own Luck
These two seem to have gotten over some past events, and looks like someone is about to ask a very important question.
[li]Darkness, Love and Daggers
A young woman sees a side to her boyfriend that hardly any want to see. It is a mystery on what will happen between the two. Could it be a new beginning, or the end?
[li]It doesn't make sense
After hearing the news of her fathers death Madlyn heads into the forest to find answers. however there are many things to find among the trees including a young centaur.
Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7445591/ the world is black and blue
this is where the death occurred
http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7453438/ Summon at night
Where a certain professor Blaze has to tell two Gryffindor girls about the death of their father
[li]Welcome to the Family
Ariah, devastated over the loss of her boyfriend, bumps into two mysterious figures, however some things go down that end up changing her life forever.
[li]Warmth
A newcomer joins the Sedgwick family :r Will she help bring the husband and wife closer together?
[li]So, Can We Afford This?
A model moves in with twins, and only to break one of their sworn rules from the moment that they moved in together.
[li]after having a bite
After being bitten by a werewolf, Briar makes her way to St. Mungo's hospital. Although she seems reluctant to give much information, it seems that the Healer is trying her best to help the teen prepare for what is to come.
<LI>[li]No Country for Old Wizards
A seemingly law-abiding witch stumbles upon a shady transaction in Bleak Street. [/li][/ul]

To look forward to!
~ Classes (in a way :r )
~ Treats from Halloween!
~ Start of the Year Feast!
~ Results from the Transfers
~ More plots
~ More updates!
~ Staff being evil :rHave any comments, questions, concerns? Just post here! Til next time!

~ Sir Kaitlyn
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

Awesome job, Kaitlyn!
Congrats to all the new prefects and the new Headboy and Headgirl ;)
To the people who work on Accio: It looks awesome! Thanks so much for all of your hard work! :hug:

Congrats to all the sparkly new prefects and Head Girl! :hug:

Great job on the update and extra special thanks to Accio! Staff! :)

:frantics: Look at all those highlighted plots! Love it!

Oh, and the BWU was alright as well I suppose :r

Great job! :D And congratulations prefects and head people! :D

*squeal* Alyss won an IC Superlative! :D I'm so proud.

And good job everyone that works hard on the yearbook, cookies for you all. :) :wub:

Kick-butt jobs on these updates Kaitlyn! :wub:
So many awesome things going on right now! Congrats to all the new Prefects and such, it was well earned. Loooooving all the plot highlights! Now I have things to lurk!

Poppy Bloxam said:
Hadan Hensel said:
[*]Warmth
A newcomer joins the Sedgwick family :r Will she help bring the husband and wife closer together?
Who highlighted this?
Does it matter? :tut:

Good work with this BWU, Kaitlyn.

Awesome update, Sir Kaitlyn.

Nicolas King said:
Poppy Bloxam said:
Hadan Hensel said:
[*]Warmth
Who highlighted this?
Does it matter? :tut:

Good work with this BWU, Kaitlyn.
I spose not. But I always thought we only highlighted our own threads? :p

While the plot request form is out of date, it doesn't seem to suggest that.
In every Bi-Weekly Update we attempt to highlight plots that are fun to read, or otherwise noteworthy. This form allows you to submit plots you feel should be highlighted to Livvy for the next update.

Nicolas King said:
While the plot request form is out of date, it doesn't seem to suggest that.
In every Bi-Weekly Update we attempt to highlight plots that are fun to read, or otherwise noteworthy. This form allows you to submit plots you feel should be highlighted to Livvy for the next update.
Oh, fair enough, then. Just came as a bit of a shock. I'm flattered, though.

Anyway, great update, Kaitlyn.
Congratulations to all the new prefects and the head boy and girl.
:hug:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back