Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!"
Sorry about the delay, folks. But I figured a few more things to stuff in here was worth a little bit of a delay.
So here we are: Nick trying to make a decent announcement at 1 in the morning! Andddd... ACTION!

OOCUpdates.png

Character Spotlight
A special congratulations is awarded to: Ember Ziarre or as we know her as Samantha, for being our newest spotlighted character!Code Control Panel: Updates
HNZ's [member]Code Control Panel[member] had a couple of changes over the last two weeks. Most excitingly, when you set up your default post styling options you see a live preview of how your posts will look in both themes. So no more excuses for fonts being unreadable in the default theme. :p Admin will remove any default styling that is dreadfully unreadable and applied to all posts (not just roleplays).
In a less major update, if you are importing code settings from another account - the account that is importing has its options hidden (so there's no confusion about what options are which ;) ).
Default Theme: Updates
As many of you likely noticed, the default theme has had some touch ups!
The mini-profile is now more organized and stands out more clearly. The post composition page has restyled BBCode buttons, and a few other minor changes have occurred. Thank you to HelenaZF and Cory for working on the edits (creating all the images, coding many of the areas, helping to refine ideas, etc.).
General Coding Updates
As many of you have surely noticed, student accounts now have a link to their entry in the gradebook system in their mini profile. :)
Additionally, I want to thank Reid who edited much of our Galleon system code recently in order to reduce the amount of CPU usage we were drawing from our hosting (we were frequently hitting the limit, but since the edits rarely if ever do).
Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Discussions
Don't do it. Seriously. Some people haven't seen it yet but want to be on HNZ still while they wait. Just post in the spoilers topic in the off topic board. You're safe there. Anywhere else, and I'll eat you. :p
What the hell is a pureblood?
Your answer is here. In this blog post. Click this link. Right now.
But seriously, it seems a lot of people found the post helpful in clarifying the site docs and what we're looking for - so maybe you will too. :)

ICUpdates.png

Site Calendar
Ye olde calendar has been updated for up until the Yule Ball. Watch for even more dates to appear in the coming weeks!
This is Halloween
Halloween on HNZ is only remaining open for another day (or thereabouts). Roleplay while you can! Check out the feast!
(Hint: Costume contest preference goes to actual roleplayers.)
Dark?...stone
"Bright"stone is closing for students in the next day or two.
Wrap up your roleplays or regret ever starting them! :o :shifty:
Get your Ministry Peeps Out!
The ministry of magic is having a general meeting and your attendance is critical!

PlotHighlights.png

[ul][li]Face to Face
Some Family lost were reunited during Y12 Graduation. Eden Koshiba finds out she has a twin sister and a mother too. Elvera Le Fey ends up being the lost twin!

Other RPs in this Plot:
Forever and Always
http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7409520/1/
After the unification, followed an unwanted ceremony</LI> [li]How can you say goodnight if you aren't going to sleep?
Jake meets Annie during his random visit to Paris, France, and from a innocent visit turns into something very deadly unexpected. A ruthless Dederick Cullen enters the picture, stirs up commotion, leaving Annie alone by the end of the night.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7413850/1/#new
Unfortunate circumstances
Annie visit Jake after being attack by a werewolf ![li]It's empty?
Adam and Shaylah have gone the whole of the holidays without seeing each other and now they finally get to meet up again. The love still hasn't changed and they're as good as ever.<LI>[li]Finding Home Again
Gregory's long and lonely isolation has finally driven him from his homeland of Europe and back in search of his brothers and sisters. Only an hours travel away from their home, he stops to rest in the shade of a conifer, not knowing that he is overlooked (in his lion animagus form, no less) by the home of a muggle, one Sabine Magnus. Find out what happens when he's sprung - has the Statute of Secrecy been broken for him, already?[/li][/ul]

TTLFT.png

- Costume Contest Awards!
- An OOC competition.
- New spammage?
- Funny conversations
- Fun times ^_^

If I've missed something: I'm sorry. It's now 1:40AM. :( Forgive me and my grammar. I hope the update isn't too dreadful. @_@ I guess I'll see come morning.

Good night, all, and here's to another splendid fortnight on HNZ!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Great update!
(Bonus points for the quote at the start :3 )

Brilliant stuff going on. Love the mini-profile <3

*goes to check on the site calendar*

Woot!! :woot: BWU looking amazing as always. Well done to all the amazing coders and good luck to the costume contest entrants. :D

Taneaka.

Big thanks to HelenaZF, Cory and Reid for the awesome work they've done on site stuff! ^_^

Great job with the update, Nick!

Thanks for reminding those who haven't seen the movie yet not to spoil for the rest of us Nick! :correct: And as for the updates and helpful coding thanks a bunches and cookies for those who made it better :) Thanks a lot ^^

Good job Nick! ^_^
I love all the new coding and everything :wub: Thanks tons to HelenaZF, Cory and Reid ^_^
:wub:

The Halloween Feast has been closed.
Winners for the Costume Contest should be announced soon-ish ^_^

^If only I could pretend this was Facebook, and like that comment. :r

Great update Nick! :wub:

Alyss Summers said:
^If only I could pretend this was Facebook, and like that comment. :r

Great update Nick! :wub:
Oh, but you can. Look at the buttons on the bottom on the left side of your post. ;)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back