Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
BWUTitle.png

My first attempt at the BWU! Lots has happened since the last one, which was over two weeks ago (we know and we are sorry :( ), so where to begin? Oh, I know...

OOCUpdates.png

The Purples are Growing

A new Global Moderator was added to the bunch as I joined the ranks of the dark orchids (and yes, I do find it odd to be writing about myself ;) ). If you'd like to see the thread that made it official, check here for the announcement
Thanks for all of the warm congratulations that you guys sent to me. You are all so awesome :hug:

An Admin has Left

After three years on the site, one of our wonderful Admin, Nicolas King, has decided to leave the site. He may be gone but he will never be forgotten :correct: , and he'll still be doing some technical work for the site, so there may be a Kingy sighting every now and then ^_^ . You can see his farewell thread: here for the sad announcement

Applications
Applications are still being processed. However, there may be some delay as Livvy adjusts to Nick leaving and gets into the groove of processing the applications alone. As always, your patience and understanding is very much appreciated. :)

Halloween Graphics Competition

So, to get us all in the Halloween spirit, MESSI organized a Halloween graphics competition to create a banner. There were some awesome banners entered, and to see all of the entries look: HERE
but there could only be one winner and that winner was:

Nicolas King

Congratulations Nick!!! And thanks to everyone else who entered!!

Character Spotlight

After being gone for a bit, the Character Spotlight is back! The character chosen for this spotlight was none other than Nicolas King, and he finally accepted the honor :)

If you’d like to read the full announcement and offer him some congratulations of your own, come: HERE
Be sure to work on your biographies and keep your character active, and you may find one of your characters being spotlighted one day!!

ICUpdates.png

Minister for Magic: Results
After months of campaigning and debates, the Minister for Magic elections were held, and the results are in and can be seenHERE. It was a close race, but the winner and our new Minister(ess) for Magic is Seraphine Snow. In a close second was Thomas Hensel who received the title of Deputy Minister. So, if Ms. Snow is ever unable to fulfill her duties as Minister(ess), Thomas Hensel will take over :r

Congratulations to both Sir Kaitlyn and Jessye for their characters' victories !!

New Deputy Headmaster

At the Halloween Feast, we saw the return of a former HNZ Charms professor, Gabriel Lloyd. He will now be serving as HNZ’s Deputy Headmaster, so to all of you troublemakers, I say beware :r

Halloween Feast

HNZ’s annual Halloween Feast is open!! It won’t be open for much longer so don’t delay. Feel free to have your student and professor characters join in the festivities. Also, don’t forget to enter the Costume contest HERE

Week #6 of Classes

It's hard to believe we're almost through with Semester 1 for Year 11... but it is true! ^_^ So make sure you're staying on top of things with your character(s) and getting the grades that they obviously deserve. ;) Professors, make sure that you are up to date with lessons so that your students can get the grades that they obviously deserve. And, get ready for exams!! I know you are all excitedly awaiting them ;)

PlotHighlights.png

I was really :( to see that no one sent in any plot highlights over the past three weeks. This is my favorite part of the BWU because it gives me a chance to see some plots going on that I might otherwise miss and gives me some lurking material for the week :r . I don't want it to go away! So, send some in!!!

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]Great times on HNZ</LI>[li]The results of the costume contest [li]More MESSI awesomeness[li]Another character spotlighted[li]Awesome plots to lurk<LI>[li]More Updates![/li][/ul]

Phew! That was a lot of news to cover.

Until next time,

~Cyndi
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Congrats on your first BWU, Cyndi. It looks awesome :cool:

I'm very sad about the lack of plots this time around considering the length of time between BWU's so I may have to put a few of my own in :r

And :frantics: + :( about all the Nick st00f. xD

Awesome updates Cyndi!! ♥

Lots of stuff going on, some sad and some not so sad.
I might have to add in some plots too for next time. :correct:

A smashing Update if I do say so, myself.
First class, Cyndi-chan!

Ahhh, classes again. But then I barely get around to plots, let alone classes. I'm organised, but I'm not THAT organised xD. Oh, woe to procrastination.

Congrats, Cyndi! ^_^
Awesome (and not so awesome) updates! :D

Brilliant work on your first update Cyndi.
Lots happening as per usual on the site, some of course :woot: while some :cry: which is which is up to the individual I suppose xD

Congrats again on an excellent job :wub:

well done Cyndi.

Awesome update you did well, when i read it i hadn't looked at the name, and didn't even notice to be honest. it was only later i realised it was yours. :doh:

Congrats on your first BWU, tis sad about Nick :( still was informative ^_^

Essentially:
nick_edition.png

I approve. :r

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back