Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
A little late - but I've been busy catching back up since returning from Toronto, and so many of our staff are away/busy with other things/ill that it had to be me posting this update. So apologies, but it's here now! :D

OOCUpdates.png

Character Spotlight
A huge round of applause goes to Abathyn Dalmoir for the next spotlighted character! Everyone congratulate Olivia (Livi) on a job well done on having a well developed character and being noticed by the site staff. We give Livi a round of applause when her bio is more than complete and is a role model for the newer members of the site. Abathyn, Livi, thanks for having such a developed character and congratulations once more!
OOC Superlatives - Voting
After plenty of waiting, voting for the OOC Superlatives has opened!
We do apologize for the delay in this, but so it goes sometimes.
To start casting your votes, read over the instructions topic found here. :)
Sale Completion Upgrade
The sales system on HNZ has been overhauled! Now sales can be completed quicker, more efficiently, and just overall in a better way. One webpage has been created which dynamically grabs sales information from completed topics, allows you to input information that it can't grab, then pays the shopkeeper, notifies the shopkeeper that their payment is completed, and tells administration what items to add to your character's vault. (Read More...)
Group Styling Documentation
This was added a while ago, but I can't seem to see it officially announced anywhere.
A list of group coding has been added to the Site Documentations page for your convenience. :) You can view the documentation here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/pages/site_docs/#Styling
Master Applications Page: Repaired
Several weeks ago, it was noted that the Master Applications page was no longer working properly. At a loss for what was causing this, I sought aid in fixing the page. And now, after plenty of working and reworking on/of the page, it has been fixed!
You are now free to use the master applications page to quickly find/load the applications you're looking for! :D
Click here to visit the Master Applications page
Applications Being Processed Once More!
With Livvy returned, and my short vacation over, applications are being processed at standard speed again! :)
If your application is still outstanding, we just thank you for your continued patience and assure you that we're getting to it!
The successful application notification page now, also, dynamically displays what type of application you have submitted, and how long it is expected for your application to be processed. Some applications (galleons requests, for example) display that they will be processed within one day, whereas others display one week or longer.
Have Some Fun With Us!
Help deface a Global Moderator's account!
With Patricia away, we want your help in messing with her account for her return!
If you have some ideas, share them in this topic.
Also, be sure to sign HNZ's newest community signature, which is being added to Patricia's account. ;) Sign it now!
Share HNZ with the Internet!
As some of you may have noticed, on the index page, in the forum description for the News and Updates forum, are a series of clickable icons (including Facebook, StumbleUpon, Twitter, and MySpace). The purpose of these icons is for you to be able to click them and share HNZ with your friends on various networks, or just to submit HNZ to various media sharers to allow strangers to discover HNZ (such as StumbleUpon). So, we would encourage you to use them at your leisure for any communities/networks you might be a part of. ^_^
Plagiarism
A major concern over the last semester for many professors has been plagiarism occurring in lessons.
HNZ has a very strict no plagiarism policy. You may not copy information from sources and claim it as your own, or your character's. Proper citation is necessary, at the very least.
A copy of HNZ's plagiarism documentation, written by Paul (Arithmos Manteia) should be available in every classroom forum.
Click here for the copy posted in the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom

ICUpdates.png

ACCIO! Hogwarts' Yearbook
The staff of ACCIO! have asked me to remind you to submit pictures for your student characters! Including pictures from special events they attended, their 'year photo', and from any clubs they are a part of.
You can view the topics where you can submit these photos here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/forum/39891/
The Yule Ball
HNZ's Yule Ball has been posted! We know it was a little late, so we're giving you plenty of extra time to roleplay it out and enjoy the ball! :D
Check it out here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/forum/3007116/
Holiday Break
Holiday Break has started! All holiday forums should be visible to student characters at this time. :) Please remember that holidays are only a week long, and that when Semester Two begins, holiday forums will disappear again.
Ministry of Magic Elections
The Ministry of Magic Elections continue on! With Death Eaters plotting their actions, Aurors preparing themselves, and plenty of reactions to everything in roleplays all over the site there's no shortage of things you can do, or read, in this plot! :)
If you have an idea for something you'd like to see happen in the plot, feel free to submit a plot request and we'll definitely consider adding on your idea. ^_^
As to the actual elections, and choosing candidates, how to handle that is becoming a trickier problem than I'd imagined. I hope to have the option for people to submit their names to run for the position of Minister for Magic up either today or tomorrow. :) Thank you once more for your patience in this matter.
The Daily Prophet: Issue 10
Issue 10 of New Zealand's Daily Prophet has been released! You can read the original copy here and thank Brian for all his hard work. You can also always view the Daily Prophet Archives on the HNZ Site Wiki. :)

PlotHighlights.png

Thank you to everybody who submitted plots for this Bi-Weekly Update! :D They're wonderful and lovely, and without any more from me - here they are!
[ul][li]"Tell me something I don't know" http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7318269/
-> Tin is given the task of informing Eden that Chase is now in Azkaban, and that she is never to see him again.</LI>
[li]"The Art of Causing Trouble" http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7315568/
-> The Death Eaters are figuring out their plan of action with the upcoming Minister of Magic elections.
[li]"Things Aren't Going the Way They Should Be" http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7313166/
-> Kaleb and Carmen hate the outcome of the Brotherhood Auction, to which she blames him. After she confronts him, they discover something much more fiery in their teenage years, only to get busted by two professors, much to their dismay. But at least it wasn't Styx!
[li]"Discovering the Truth in Spain" http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7315177/
-> The truth behind the history of a name is discovered, and so several names are changed.
[li]"Rain, Bone, Blood" http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7314312/
-> While passing through Bleak Street the young woman, Leah Winters finally meets the boy, Luthor Silverback who she is meant to protect and help train in the dark arts. Shortly after having her first kill, they are interrupted by an innocent passerby, Henry Drake. Leah is ordered to kill him as well, yet she feels a connection to him that cannot be ignored.
(To understand the history of this plot, you may wish to read "All I need" ( http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7313647/ ) )[/li][/ul]
And remember, you can always submit for the next B-WU!

TTLFT.png
[ul][li]Patricia's Return?! (And reaction to all our PM Spam/account modifying. ;) )
[li]Semester 2 beginning!
[li]Minister of Magic Elections continuing
[li]The Daily Prophet Galleons Draw
[li]Replies to your applications
[li]OOC Superlative Conclusions
[li]More fun updates to HNZ
<LI>[li]Plenty More[/li][/ul]
That's all that I can remember for this fortnight. Or that I think is worth a mention, at least. Of course there were some smaller things that you don't care about so I didn't mention that were updated (for instance, the site documentation page now displays an error if somebody tries to view a page they don't have permission to see, and the relationships forum now has a subforum for inactive relationships), but I'm confident what I have mentioned was good enough. ^_^

If you have any questions/comments/concerns about this update - just post it here! :D

There'll be another in two weeks - so see you then. ;)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Woot as always love the bi-weekly updates :D

Awesome updates Nick. :)

Love the updates. ^_^
Awesomesauce Nickles! ♥

The Yule Ball has been closed. :)

Wow I can't believe I haven't read this yet. But yes I have returned and while I had an absolute blast at camp I'm so glad to be back, I missed everyone so much. :wub:

The profile changes and the PMs were amazing, thank you all so much, some made me cry and other made me laugh :hug:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back