Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
There's less OOC stuff and more IC stuff, but it's as awesome as ever. ^_^

OOCUpdates.png

HNZ's Fifth Birthday
We've changed a lot over five years. Grown. Developed. People have changed, some moved on while others have come, and we're always growing because of it. The board itself has changed, with constant tweaks, updates, fidgets, all with the input of members to become the best it can possibly be. We've done a lot in five years, and five years is something we should all be proud of, no matter how great or small your involvement in this board has been during that time.Community Signature
Haven't signed HNZ's community signature yet? Be sure to show you were here and make your mark! :)HNZ Emails
As a small gift to any member who is interested, special HNZ emails have been set up with hotmail.
If you're interested in such an email, please see the Birthday Celebrations Webpage.

Birthday Banner: Voting
Voting for HNZ's celebrational fifth birthday banner has been opened here! Be sure to vote to have your say. :D

A new Purple Darkorchid!
We’re very pleased to welcome Pattycakes to the purples on HNZ. ... With Patricia having run Gringotts for us for so long, having helped move/reorganize sections whenever help was needed (like when All Around the Wizarding World was split into continents and some countries), usually for nothing at all except a few glomps, it seemed apparent that she was the woman for the job.

Character Spotlight
Congratulations to Alyssa Snow who is this fortnight's spotlighted character. She was highlighted for the spectacular detail of the character's biography and continued devotion to the character's development. ^_^
ICUpdates.png

Hogwarts Yearbook: Accio!
Accio! is running full-steam ahead for the Y9 release of the yearbook, superlatives have finished (and resultes will be released when the yearbook is) but your help is still needed!
Please be sure to submit images of your character to the yearbook (in the Student Clubs Area) for their year, for any clubs they were in, etc.

Brightstone Village: Closing
Brightstone Village will be closing tomorrow (Tuesday) in the early evening (EDT). SO wrap up any RPs you have ongoing and get back in to only-Hogwarts mode. :)

Week Five of Lessons
This is simply a reminder to students and professors that today marks the beginning of Year 9, Semester 2, Week 5. :)

Elective Choices
If you are/have a second year HNZ student - it is time to choose your electives! Your Head of House should have already contacted you regarding choosing these. If they have not, please contact them. Reply as soon as you can so we can begin preparing for Y10 ASAP. ^_^

Divination Professor: Hiring
The position of divinations professor at Hogwarts New Zealand is currently vacant.
The post that is vacant requires the teaching of years 3-7 for divination (which tends not to have large class sizes, but it is possible to split the workload between two people if interest is expressed). Regardless, the post does require dedication and should not be taken on lightly, though it can be a lot of fun if you're devoted to it and don't fall behind in lessons.
If you think you can take on this role, please apply here.

Tri-Wizard Tournament Task #3
The third task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament is currently ongoing! Please check out the task as it unfolds here and cheer on the champions (for those in attendance/beauxbatons students) in this thread.

Note from Ollivanders
Emer Laude said:
If your vault hasn't been updated with your wand purchase, please PM Emer Laude here with the link to the topic where you bought it. If you haven't already done so, you will still need to pay the shopkeeper.

PlotHighlights.png

[ul]
[li]A Non-Friendly Encounter (Ministry of Magic)
~ Adam comes early to work one day only to find Leah Winters, a girl whom he "saved" from Luxen. She wan'ts answers about her father, but Adam isn't giving them. She will do anything to find out his wearabouts.</LI>
[li]Vader Complex (Bleak Street)
~ The Auror, Damien Lachance, is reunited with his father, a Death Eater named Cocytus, on Bleak Street. Cocytus attempts to call Damien over to his side, but Damien sites "noblesse oblige," saying that the superiority of wizards makes them responsible to care for Muggles, not annihilate them. Cocytus decides that since Damien cannot be turned, he must be removed.
[li]In The Dog House (Brightstone Village)
~ On a rainy day, a newly betrothed couple finds their way to the Three Broomsticks to bump into someone both, unknowingly, have ties to.
[li]What is this feeling? (Fifth Floor Corridor)
~ Sometimes love cannot be forever, as two students find out first hand.
[li]Emerging from Shadow (Brightstone Village)
~ On a Brightstone Weekend, two Ravenclaw students see one another for the first time since two breakups have passed.
[li]Smother Me Why Don't You (New Zealand)
~ After playing a show, Marleigh Hayes is approached by an eager fan and a jealous boyfriend.
[li]So, you're back? (Obsidian Harbour)
~ After receiving a letter requesting to meet up, Ioan Finch meets with Leah Winters and she finally confides in him on her plans for revenge and seeks advice about what to do when an Auror insults her pride.
[li]Evil's Twilight (Bleak Street)
~ Two Aurors discover a secrete deep in the heart of Bleak Street that very well threatens to destroy the world, A battle of great proportions begins as the Potter's are swept into it. How do you fight the Dark Presence of Bleak Street and just who or what exactly is it? Some Questions answered while more are raised as four witches and wizard fight Luxen Silverback in a showdown that will leave someone dead. After a five year Coma, Evil's Twilight concludes with Chloe Mack and the rest of the Coma Victims awaken from their sleep.
[/li][/ul]
Remember that you can submit your own plots to be highlighted via this form. ^_^

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]More birthday fun!
[li]Conclusion of TWT Task 3
[li]TWT awards ceremony
[li]Galleons/shop system update of sorts?
[li]Plot highlights (When Livvy finishes them)
<LI>[li]so0o0o0o0 much more! :D[/li][/ul]

As usual, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this update, please post in this thread. ^_^

Hoping this all meets you well,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Congrats Pat! :hug:

And congrats Jessye! :hug:

Nick, as always, you did a splendid job on the BWU. :wub:

The Plot Highlights section has been updated, along with my germs. Enjoy them my lovies. mwahahaha!

Cecily scares me now *ponders if there's anymore sane people in New Zealand*

Sane people? New Zealand? You've got to be kidding me Madz xD No way are we sane ;)

Nice update :D (goes to read it :r )

Aroha Jennings said:
Sane people? New Zealand? You've got to be kidding me Madz xD No way are we sane ;)

Nice update :D (goes to read it :r )
Maddiie still sane I don't know about Madlyn but Maddiie still sane ;)

We’re very pleased to welcome Pattycakes to the purples on HNZ. ... With Patricia having run Gringotts for us for so long, having helped move/reorganize sections whenever help was needed (like when All Around the Wizarding World was split into continents and some countries), usually for nothing at all except a few glomps, it seemed apparent that she was the woman for the job.
With the other topic now closed, I'll spam here:
pattybum.png

:)
The position of divinations professor at Hogwarts New Zealand is currently vacant.
The post that is vacant requires the teaching of years 3-7 for divination (which tends not to have large class sizes, but it is possible to split the workload between two people if interest is expressed). Regardless, the post does require dedication and should not be taken on lightly, though it can be a lot of fun if you're devoted to it and don't fall behind in lessons.
Truth.

Rukevra Vanderzuk said:
With the other topic now closed, I'll spam here:
pattybum.png

:)
I'd meant to re-open it after I teased her a bit.
Then I forgot. <_<

Anywho. :wub: Tony!

With Livvy having to take a small leave of absence, we would ask that anybody who recently submitted a highlight request for the next update resubmit the form. It will now submit to a communal account through which the highlights can be organized with greater ease.

Thank you,

Last call for pictures for the yearbook! If they are not in by Friday, they will not be in.

:D

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back