Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
It is time for another Bi-Weekly update! A fair amount has happened again in the past fortnight, so here's the jist of it. ^_^

OOCUpdates.png

Character Development Updates:
As per discussion with elite members, a new documentation has been created for assisting with character developments, and an archive for them has been made.

Documentation
You can view and read the new documentation here. We encourage you to read it and consider assisting in developing member's characters.

Archives
You may view the archive forum here. It will store all inactive (multiple months being 'inactive') developments. At the request of the character's owner, the topic can be restored from the archive for continued development. :)

Ideally these two updates, coupled together, will make developments look less daunting.

Further updates are expected in this area in the future.

Rule Reminders:
All members are reminded that backseat moderation is strictly prohibited.(Click here to read our definition of 'backseat moderation') We would ask you to use the report button in such situations.
Coupled with the above, it seems that a quick reminder of internet etiquette is needed. When somebody joins the board and is rude, insulting, and otherwise absurd - they just want a reaction from you. Such people are called "trolls". It is therefore wise not to "feed" the trolls. Don't react to them at all. Just report their posts and move alone. While we appreciate members defending this site and the staff, we're much more capable of defending ourselves and a report causes less of a headache then a topic where a troll is succeeding does.

Finally, all members are reminded that advertisement of non-affiliated boards is prohibited, even on the PM system. HNZ is not someplace for you to advertise your new board to our community, nor is it fair to use our success as a board to prop other boards up through advertisement campaigns that are not solicited.

Creature Applications
Over the past few months, I have received countless personal messages asking me how it is possible to have a character become a magical creature. It appeared many were becoming confused since there is a form available for most other things, but not that. I therefore set out to resolve the problem and viola! there is now a Magical Creature application form!
Shop Activity:
Have you noticed some shops with inactive shopkeepers, or where no sales ever seem to go through? Unfortunately, we have noticed a few of these ourselves. If you know of such a shop, or a number of them, please contact a member of our site staff with that information. We are looking to fix up the shopping areas and could use your help. :D

HNZ's Default Signature:
After numerous people pointing out that the old default signature had "New Zealand" as one word, when it should be two, I broke down and requested it be fixed by Kaitlyn. It has now been fixed, and there should be little reason for complaint left. So a big thank you to Kaitlyn, and to all you members who are irked by such mistakes enough to bring them to my attention. ^_^

Writing Contest: Results
Congratulations to Tony Alraur for having won our writing contest! You may read his entry by clicking here.
Special thanks to everybody who took the time to write a story and participated. ^_^

Graphics Competition:
Consider entering HNZ's 21[sup]st[/sup] graphics competition, to create a cover for Accio! (HNZ's Yearbook).
This competition will be slightly different in, even if you are not voted the winner, your cover may still be used in a future edition of Accio! so that we don't have to run a new contest every 'year'. :tut: Character Spotlight
Congratulations to Lily Fossil for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character! A character that has been spotlighted is one which we feel has been exceptionally well developed, whose biography is more than complete, and who we feel could be a rolemodel for many new and experienced members of our community. So thank you to Emzies for the great effort that she has put in to this character,
You can read over her biography here, character development here and relationships here.Please also note that the above linked to announcement contains information on a change to character spotlights, which may have an effect on you in the future. ;)

Salted Rainbow Lemons
"What?!"
I do hope the first image that came to your mind with that phrase was akin to this. I fear, however, that I must disappoint you. I have no Salted Rainbow Lemons to share - but we do have a new spam/general discussions topic with such a title!
If you haven't dropped by already please be sure to do so. ;)
ICUpdates.png

Start of Semester 2
Semester 2 on HNZ begins tomorrow (Monday, March 29[sup]th[/sup]). So be prepared to post in classes once more!
Holiday Forums: Closing to Students
With the beginning of the semester, comes the end of the break. This means all holiday forums will be closing to students around mid-afternoon EDT. Be sure to wrap up an RPs that you can by then. :)
Divination Changes
Divination will be changing to interactive lesson format, akin to what Charms has already done. So any characters with divination in their schedule, will only have three classes in semester two - one every other week.
Apparition Lessons
Apparition lessons will begin in the great hall for all sixth year students with semester two. They will be held on Wednesdays, and at the end of the lessons (or whenever your character turns 17, whichever comes later) your character will be a fully licensed apparitioner! Be sure to check out the Great Hall forum for more information. :D

PlotHighlights.png

Before the actual highlights, I would like to draw something that should become quite helpful to your attention:
Behold! The Highlights Submissions Form! (clickeh)
This form will send your submissions to Livvy, which will surely help her in compiling these lists every two weeks. ^_^
Highlighted Plots:

A Midnight Summer's Dream (Brightstone)
~What was originally meant to be a love confession between two teens ended up as a confrontation between two old friends who went completely separate ways.

They weren't lies. (AAtWW)
~Hades reveals to his parents that he edited their letters to one another and decides to show them the originals copies. Along with this there is revealed some very shocking confessions and news.

Perhaps you were right (AAtWW)
~Two old Friends meet up to reconnect with each other after a long period of separation.

An Old Fashioned Christmas (AAtWW)
~Nicolas King has faced many life threatening situations without batting an eye; let's see how he does with a new love, her over protective father and a snowball fight over Christmas break.

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]Easter!</LI>
[li]HNZ turning 5!
[li]Awesome plots
[li]Another awesome semester at Hogwarts
<LI>[li]Gryffindor coming from behind to win the House Cup![/li][/ul]

That should be it for this update!
Have an excellent easter, everybody, and be sure to pay attention to the announcements in the next week, as a lot more is planned. :)

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns with this update, please feel free to post them in this topic. :)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Yayness for everything!

I totally should have entered the writing competition. :r Or at least voted. I looked for the voting page after I saw submissions had been closed, but couldn't find it :doh:

Perhaps I'll waste some time and try for the graphics comp. :erm:

Thanks Nick and the rest of the site staff. We wub you! :wub:

Jessame Rose Trewelly said:
We wub you! :wub:
No we don't. Do not lie to the staff. It gets their hopes up. Like they have some sense of freedom or something.

Also, salted coloured what-now's? Also, I did not think of that image. :correct: .. I thought of 'censored'. :o

Can I has icon soon? :woot: .. Or does it wait until I come back..ish? :r

Also, I do not like the archived development thingie-me-bob. Mostly because I link to those topics in biographies, which allows people to ask questions if they wish. Now they can't. If I move them back, they will only be moved again because of in-activity.
<subtle message> Down With Rules! The Administration Drools! </subtle message>​
As for Divination: I told you I wanted Hoodies! *mumbles about people not reading between the delete tags*

And puhlease. Gryffindor couldn't win the house cup if it was handed to them. :D xD

Tony Alraur said:
Also, I do not like the archived development thingie-me-bob. Mostly because I link to those topics in biographies, which allows people to ask questions if they wish. Now they can't. If I move them back, they will only be moved again because of in-activity.
Unfortunately, that is the best system we could come up with to deal with the overwhelmingness of things.
If you have a suggestion for how it could be better handled, you can post in the suggestions forum and we can talk it through in a topic there, or we can chat on MSN (not sure if you're ever on there, though).

Also: :glare:

Nick I noticed a little mistype in your update. It says Gryffindor will win the House Cup. We all know you meant to say Slytherin is going to win the House Cup. :woot: Its fine thou you are still epicly awesome and I still :wub: you.

Go Slytherin xD

Nicolas King said:
[ul][li]Gryffindor coming from behind to win the House Cup![/li][/ul]
Not going to happen. :r

But good job on the update. :hug:

I, too, lol at the fact that Nick thinks Gryffindor will beat out Slytherin. :cool: :lol:

Snakes ftmfw! :r :abby:

Great job on update Nick
and as a fellow Gryffindor :p of course Gryffindor will do us proud - whether we win or not is another thing but won't go down without a fight at least :)

and considering to date Gryffindor has won the House Cup 4 times to Hufflepuff's 2 and Slytherin and Ravenclaw's 1 win each, tis only fair to say Gryffindor rock always :lol: we try and let you all have a turn once in a while because we are after all the best house there is :woot:

:shifty:

I must admit that The Magical Creature and Plot Highlight Form thingy are both awful nifty! :woot:
It's deff going to be a lot easier sending plots to Livvy now!

Oh and Slytherin FTW. ♥ :abby:

The forms are rather nifty. :lol:
I am trying not to be biased considering I have at least one student in every house, excluding Hufflepuff. =))
Great job on the update, Nickles! :hug:

Oi.
Sorry my addition skillz aren't what they once were. :tut:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back