Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
With Livvy lurking HNZ once more, I requested that she try to do this Bi-Weekly Update as a special treat for you lot. Unfortunately, things have gotten crazy on her end again and she wasn't able to post this (plus, I'm impatient). So below are Livvy's words (yes, this is still her update, I'm just posting it for her). Any additional comments I add to her parts will be marked in Dark Magenta. ^_^

Begin transcript:

Why hullo my lovelies! Tis I, your wayward Admin, returned from a long sabbatical of epic proportions! But we'll get back to that later, now tis time to bring you the Bi-Weekly Update!

OOCUpdates.png

Graphics Competition #20 Winners!

Egads, 20 already?! :o Amazing! :lol: Now as many of you know, this competition was to create some awesome new avatars for the Head Boys of HNZ. Seems that there were so many entries, we had a tie!
Congrats go out to Izaak Finch and Cynthia Vandervoort. Way to go you two! ^_^ Both of the winning avatars have been moved to the Avatar Galleries.

Izaak's:
2w593qx.png

Cynthia's:
21kxus6.jpg

Character Spotlight

Congratulations go out to Lily Drage, one of our veteran members, for being picked for this round of the Character Spotlight! You can read Lily's reaction here. :D

Suggestion Area

You may have noticed quite a few changes to the Suggestions Area. Now renamed Suggestions & Feedback, members can scroll through Archives of past suggestions. It's important to us to know how our members feel/think about all aspects of the site, so feel free to post anytime soon! But first, make sure to read this pinned topic about it. ^_^

Slaves to the Nicktator (aka: Join the Cool Kids :r )

Hey let's face it, if you haven't joined the Slaves to the Nicktator joinable group yet, then you're not one of the cool kids. =)) Seriously though, we'd like to take this time to thank the slaves that have helped fix site documentation. Those of you who helped remove dead/inactive members from lists for the Ministry employees, special abilities, etc. lists, we appreciate your much needed and valued help! :hug: Help is always needed/appreciated, so join today!

Hiring: Flying Professor!

Once again, we are hiring for the stupendulous position of Flying Professor. For those of you interested, apply now!

I HAVE RETURNED!

*cough* That wasn't subtle at all, now was it? =)) I want to thank everyone for their thoughts/warm hugs/well wishes and get back soons. :hug: I've been through a lot in a short amount of time and although I've returned to the site, it will still be slow going. So be gentle. ;) :lol:

ICUpdates.png

Exams

Exams will be posted tomorrow and close Wednesday night. Professors, make sure to post exams on time and students, make sure to take them! ^_^ Remember 5th and 7th Years, your OWL/NEWTs won't take place until S2. ;)

The Tri-Wizard Tournament

This is something I forgot to give Livvy in the update outline. However, the TWT Task #2 (link) blazes ahead! ^_^ I think it's going quite superbly and I should hope you're all enjoying it. :) Look forward to more TWT fun - coming to a theatre near you soon!

Holiday Feast/Yule Ball

While the champions of the Tri-Wizard tournament and their hosts in France enjoy the Yule Ball: HNZ will celebrate with a holiday feast! Have fun and we'll give you all notice when it will close within a few days. ^_^

Holiday Break

From March 20th through March 28th, students may go home to visit their families and enjoy the Holidays!

PlotHighlights.png

Plot Highlights
Unfortunately there isn't much here this week. Just the few threads Livvy could pick up on during her few days back on the board. With Livvy back, we would ask any requests for plots to be highlighted be sent to her once more - then this section of the BWU can live once more! ^_^
(These two threads have my personal lurking two thumbs up. :r )
Reckless behavior has consequences
~ Nicolas King enjoys a short lived evening with a new friend, only to end up finding something much more.
The Noose and Guillotine
~ Over good old fashioned English food, violin music and candlelight, two Aurors get to know one another.

Once Lost Now Found
~ Hades Lutrov finds a member of the family thought to be dead for a long time. He returns her to her family except there's one thing wrong; Cecily Zhefarovich remembers none of them or her former life.

TTLFT.png

Things to look forward to :r

MEEEEE! :woot:
More plots
More changes
More Kingy threads!
More Nick!

End Transcript

A major thank you to Livvy, who braved trying to get this all together on time for us (and almost succeeded) and an even bigger welcome back! ^_^

As always, should you have any questions or concerns about this update - just post in this thread. ^_^

(I'm not going to sign this announcement, as it's mostly Livvy's work - and I trust she'll make an appearance here to take a bow soon enough. ^_^ )

Yay Livvys back! Well done to all involved in the bi-weekly update, and yay! *throws Brittany into the air as celebration* *wasn't me*

Jaimee Dalmoir said:
Yay Livvys back! Well done to all involved in the bi-weekly update, and yay! *throws Brittany into the air as celebration* *wasn't me*
Wait, why am I being thrown?

Don't ask. Just allow yourself to be thrown... Watch that ligh- oops.

Hooray for Livvy!

Thanks for doing such a great job with the site, Nick, and everyone who helps out. You know we love you, right? :wub:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back