Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
BWUTitle.png
Greetings, and welcome to another biweekly update! ^_^ We've got a fair amount of things to update you on here, so I'm just going to cut to the chase. ^_^

OOCUpdates.png

New Galleon System for HNZ
As most of you have likely noticed, HNZ has a new galleon system about! ^_^ It's quite awesome, and we're still transitioning in to it. A documentation on it is expected tomorrow. We're still moving Gringotts accounts from Gringotts to this system, though! Currently all Wizarding World accounts from Gringotts, Professors, Shopkeepers, and Staff have their galleons in this new system. Kaitlyn is working tirelessly on the students ( :wub: ) and seems to have Gryffindor completed. She'll be working on the other houses (with help from me and others, I hope) through the next while.
Read the full announcement here. It is in that topic that any future announcements and links to documentation will be made.

BiWeekly Update Images
In an effort to keep these updates somewhat organized, and looking spiffier than ever, I asked Abby (Isabella Chaos) to try her hand at making some images for the update. You can see her results here, as this is the first update that uses them. :D I think they're all splendid, so be sure to thank Abby when you see her around for her excellent works. ^_^

Limerick Contest Voting
Voting for HNZ's limerick competition has opened here: (Link)
Unfortunately, not all entries were, indeed, limericks (even with the bare minimum definition of limerick being five lines of poem, where lines three and four are shorter than one, two, and five. I'm ignoring rhyming. ;) ). So please take the time to vote for an actual limerick - and in a few day's time the contest will close and the limerick with the most votes will be crowned HNZ's poem-writer-extraordinaire!

Character Spotlight
Congratulations to Patricia Rogers for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character! A character that has been spotlighted is one which we feel has been exceptionally well developed, whose biography is more than complete, and who we feel could be a rolemodel for many new and experienced members of our community. So thank you to Pattycakes for the great effort that she has put in to this character,
You can read over her biography here, character development here and relationships here.
Read the full announcement....

Site Doc Page: Update
The Site Documentations page (Link) has been updated to include even more helpful information! :) This includes the history of characters that have been spotlighted, and a link to the HNZ Social Networking listings.

Site Blawg
Despite our extraordinary busy-ness with Livvy gone, I have made an effort to (and prodded other staff to as well) make use of the HNZ Site Staff Blog. So updates have been made (mostly just my own rants, but I think I may have dropped a hint as to a future plan for HNZ... don't know anymore), and you would be encouraged to check it out. :)

New Random Chatter Topic
General Discussion ceased to be over the past two weeks and a new random chatter type of topic was opened: Spam Again... Again.
This change in topic title is more going back to the old ways of HNZ's out of character community, for members who have been on the board for well over a year, and less permission to spam. ;) Actually - this is by no means permission to spam. :p
To read more about the simple name change, check out this blog post.

Emoticon Changes
HNZ is finally using one set of emoticons! Thanks to the wonderful work of Tony, we are now using the set he made for us completely! :D
Such emotes as :console: and :frantics: have been remade to match this set, and a new emote ( :voldy: ) has been added. ^_^ I hope you enjoy the new emotes as much as I do.
For more information on this change please see this blog entry.
ICUpdates.png

TriWizard Tournament: Task 1, Opened!
Task one of Y9's TriWizard Tournament opened here! You are all encouraged to read over the RPs as they unfold, and take part via the spectator's thread if you have a Beauxbatons character (or a character chosen to be in attendance). :) Champions are once more reminded to roleplay as often as possible, and Veelas are asked to keep up with their champions. ^_^

Brightstone Village: Opened
BrightStone Village has opened for students! It will close again on the 21[sup]st[/sup] of February - so make sure to get your roleplays outside of Hogwarts done by that date! ^_^ Thank you all. :)

Classes
Professors and students are reminded that tomorrow (Monday) marks the beginning of week 4 classes on HNZ. :)

En Memorium
A memorial service in honour of Jareth Wardwin has been posted here for any/all students and staff of Hogwarts to attend.​

PlotHighlights.png

Unfortunately, due to Abby having further computer issues, Livvy's absence, Linda's romantic getaway with her lover, and Kaitlyn's tireless slaving over the new galleon system - we did not have the opportunity to highlight plots this update. Expect either an announcement solely for highlighted plots, or extra plots in the next update! ^_^ A lot of great RPs happened in the past two weeks on HNZ, as always, and it's unfortunate that this time we can't recognize those that truly stand out as superb.

I figured this section was worth the post, however, as Abby's graphic is still awesome. :wub:

TTLFT.png

[ul][li]The Halloween Feast!</LI>
[li]The conclusion of TriWizard Task #1
[li]The Limerick competition's conclusion (at long last?)
[li]A fully functioning galleon system with aiding documentation!
[li]The return of some beloved site staff :wub:
[li]Wonderful new ways to use freaky emoticons: :voldy:
[li]Another handful of my Blog Rants™ (Is this a thing to look forward to, or a thing to dread?)
<LI>[li]Soooooooo much MOAR![/li][/ul]

Thanks for reading this update. I hope you appreciate it. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears has gone in to HNZ over the past two weeks.
I would ask any users with pending applications to give me a few more days of grace period. This weekend has been quite busy for me, and tomorrow promises to be just as much so.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about this update just post in this topic. :)

~Nick
(On behalf of all teh awesome people who made this update happen ^_^ )
PS: Happy Valentine's Day, to all my HNZ Valentines! :frantics:

I just want to say that the images are awesome!!! ...

You Rock Abby!!! ...

And my favorite color too :D ...

I so like this :voldy: emoticon

Everything is so so cool. Good job once again. :voldy:

New Galleon System for HNZ..
Which is awesome! And it is about time you stopped giving Kaitlyins work to do. :glare:

She is precious; and needs to relax. :correct:
BiWeekly Update Images..
I quite agree with the new look. It's a lot better than the old mess. :r

Fantastic work on the images.
Limerick Contest Voting..
Limericks can also have anti-limericks. Vote for me!
Character Spotlight..
Woo Pat!

There, happy now?
Site Doc Page: Update..
*reads* Nice.
Site Blawg..
WordPress!
New Random Chatter Topic..
Shouty Rawks!
Emoticon Changes..
Aww. They are cutes. :jesse:
The return of some beloved site staff :wub:
Linda not coming back then? :erm:
PS: Happy Valentine's Day, to all my HNZ Valentines! :frantics:
I never received a card! :glare:

Tony, Nick had to stop me from doing anymore. :p
I wanted to do all the students tonight but noooo, I had to stop at Hufflepuffs. *hmph* =))

xD Yes Tony, very happy thank you very much ^_^ :wub: Also, the emotes rock, go you :wub:

Anywho, awesome work on the update Nick, very excellent :hug:

Loving the graphics, awesome work as ever Abby :wub:

And :frantics: GO KAITLYN!!! You can do it :woot:

And yeah, I love everything and look forward to whatever else HNZ has ready to throw at us in the next few weeks ^_^

Aleyha Devearux said:
Tony, Nick had to stop me from doing anymore. :p
I wanted to do all the students tonight but noooo, I had to stop at Hufflepuffs. *hmph* =))
Woot for the Weekly update! :frantics:
Psh Kaitlyn, you need more hobbies if you had to be forced to stop doing something. :erm:

the new layout is awesome
looking good ;)
Linda's romantic getaway with her lover ..
xD
a romantic day was all that was had but as it went so well perhaps I can look forward to an extended getaway the next time :r live in hope anyhows

Kaitlyn, wicked job sorting all the accounts out
Abby - have already said this but :woot: on the icons for the bi-weekly update
Tony - schmexy new emoticons - lovin' em
Nick - awesomesauce on the BWUD ;)
and :frantics: Livvy is coming back?! :woot:

I usually don't post in this ( :doh: shame on me, I know :shy: ) but you guys have been doing so much over these past two weeks, I had to post to give you all a huge THANKS and a :hug: !!! I can't believe all of the work you admins and global mods have put in to make this site even more awesome than it already is.

And, I'm :wub: the new emoticons Tony :)

-Bravo!- You guys! Nice work Abby I ♥ the new images! And I can't believe all the work you guys done! Congrats and Bravo again :hug:

Madz->

Brightstone Village, and the mall (for third years and up) have now been closed.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back