Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
The Bi-Weekly Update!
Welcome to the newest edition of The Bi-Weekly Update! Things are pretty busy around HNZ at this time of year so I hope this Update will help you navigate and keep up to date, of course! :p

Accio! Y8
We'd like to remind you of HNZ's Official Yearbook, Accio! and its Y8 release! The yearbook staff worked hard to put together something really awesome for you all so you can take a look here and thank them if you wish here or just around the site in general. ^_^

Graphics Competition & New Limerick Competition!
As is obvious by the cover of Y8's Accio!, Lemina Troque was the winner of the last Graphics Competition! (#19 in case you were wondering). A big congrats to Lemi and her yearbook cover that made Accio! that much more awesome! :abby: All the other great entries can be viewed here if you so wish to see them. :)
Now that the graphics competition has wrapped up, MESSI has thought up another fun challenge for us, a Limerick Challenge! The challenge is to write a funny limerick about the Staff or Professors (IC) of HNZ! Go here to find out what a limerick is, what the rules are, and most importantly, to enter your own limerick! :D

Character Spotlight
One again, congratulations to Izaak Finch for winning the character spotlight! You can read Izaak's reaction to being chosen as the spotlighted character here as well as find a link of to the characters biography and relationships. (The links can also be found at the bottom of the index page). Congrats Emmah, it was well deserved! :)

The Results Are In
Now that Sorting is closed and Year 9 has started, Nick has calculated the total of sorted students and come up with these nifty little charts! ^_^
sortingy9.png
transfersy9.png

As you can see the students were all sorted into each house pretty much evenly so there better not be any talk of one house being better than any other! (Because we already know Slytherin is the best :r :oy: ).

School Is In Session!
As you all know the Wizarding World forums have closed to all students and school is officially in session. We are currently starting Week 2 of lessons, so those who wish to post in their character's lessons are encouraged to do so. Sometimes the greatest character development happens in lessons and you don't even realize it! Students can find their class schedules pinned on the bulletin board in their common rooms.
Professors are also strongly reminded to post their lessons in a timely manner, otherwise how can we expect students to post lessons if you aren't providing them with the lesson in the first place, right?! :p

Hiring Professors & Shopkeepers!
On that note, we are currently looking for a new Potions and Transfiguration Professor. You can post your applications for the Potions position here and for the Transfiguration position here.
Scribbulus Everchanging Inks is also looking for a new Shopkeeper and those interested can post their applications here. Those wishing to run Madam Malkins Robes/James Jewelry can apply for that position here.

The Triwizard Tournament!
I know many of you are excited about the Triwizard Tournament and I don't blame you, it is exciting! :p You can read up on all the information for the Tournament here that provides you with the rules, points system, and links to other important topics like the Goblet of Fire Ceremony!
And without further ado, your champions are!
The Durmstrang Champion is: Moko Craven!
The Beauxbatons Champion is: Aubrey Derlinch!
And finally,
The Hogwarts New Zealand Champion is: Mike Goulding!​
Everyone give it up to your champions and congratulate them, support them, etc! :woot:

HNZ: Around the Internet!
As HNZ gets bigger and better we figured HNZ deserves to be all over the interwebs! Nick has posted a thread here with cute little buttons for each website with an HNZ-based group. ^_^ We encourage all of you to join those you would like to join and spread the word about HNZ, or just for your other HNZ friends to join the groups as well! Also, if you know of any other websites that HNZ can be on, please contact an Administrator! We'd like HNZ to be known around the web as much as possible, because we're just too awesome to ignore. ;)

Twitter Reminder
While we're on the subject of other websites related to HNZ, those of you who have created Twitter accounts for your characters are reminded to please use the #HNZ hashtag. It is not required exactly, but it would be greatly appreciated if you used it, that way we'd all be able to find #HNZ related tweets much easier. :) All you have to do is type the exact characters: #HNZ and it becomes a link to other #HNZ related tweets. :lol: (Now if only we could make it a trending topic :( but that's just NOT gonna happen :lol: )

Site Policy Reminder
As stated here in Nick's announcement, please remember that linking to ANY other forum on HNZ, that is not affiliated with us, is against our board rules. (And if you wanted to know, our affiliates can be found here; the link is also located at the top right hand corner of the index page). That being said, we must remind you all that even "RPG Resource Site" links in biographies and relationship threads are prohibited and not allowed to be linked to, even in credits; so if you were planning to use a template from a site, using one without links to the board would be best or don't use that certain template at all. :)

Admin Absence=Patience Please!
One of our beloved Dark Purples, Cecily Zhefarovich has to be away from the site for a while and deal with a few real life stuff so her PM system has been shut down for a bit. Please feel free to direct all questions, comments, concerns etc. to our other equally awesome Admin, Nicolas King!
And because of Cecily's absence, all applications may experience a delay in being processed until after she returns, so we ask you all to please be patient with that! :)

New Map!
Lastly, well almost lastly, Nick has created an awesome map of New Zealand for us to see where Brightstone and the Mākatu Mall are located in relation to HNZ! It can be seen here along with the map of the castle grounds. ^_^

Plot Highlights!
I'd like to thank everyone who submitted their lot highlights, feel like this is finally taking off! xD
[ul][li]Watch Out (Slytherin Common Room)
Heads butt when members of the Dark Elites get into a confrontation with some older Slytherins.

The Drama Continues: Teenage Angst at Beauxbatons Academy
[ul][li]New Semester (Beauxbatons)
Sebastian Rossi and his best friend Trilby Kiedis discover class is out because of bad weather but discover other things in its place.
[li]Detention (Beauxbatons)
Sebastian must serve detention, confused as to why Trilby as not spoken to him since that fateful day but to make matters worse, Alexius Strauss serves detention with him.
[li]My World is as Delicate as a Snowglobe (Beauxbatons)
Trilby is all confused by what has happened, does not know what to do or think but finds comfort in the arms of someone she least expected.
[li]Forgive and Forget (Beauxbatons)
Sebastian and Trilby try to rebuild their friendship.
[li]The Bigger Picture (Europe)
When the boy she had once thought she would love forever more shows up, Trilby and Xavier's new romance might be tested to breaking point.[/li][/ul]
[li]Honestly, I Think I'm Going to Hit You... (Obsidian Harbor)
What starts out as a confrontation between two rebels when things go crazy and turns out even the darkest of people can enjoy the small things in life.[/li][/ul]
So that's it for this update, I was going to add that you all should be more kind to other members and especially Admin and Staff, but you all know that, right?! ;) I hope you all enjoyed this Bi-Weekly Update, it only took me like 7 hours to do :r but that was probably because of this little thing called Skype. :doh:

Stuff to look forward to:
[ul][li]More Triwizard stuff, always exciting! ^_^</LI>
[li]The results of the Limerick Competition! :D
[li]The Dueling Tournament?!
[li]As Nick says, epic RPs of dewm
<LI>[li]Less Livvy ( :( ) and more Nicky ( :D ) ![/li][/ul]And I'm too tired to think of funnay things to write here. :( :p

So yeah that's it for now, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them here! :D

~Abby
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff, except for Livvy...who ditched us :p )

:wub: for posting this, Abby. ^_^

And :cry: I miss Livvy! Bring her back? :cry:

Awesome updates!

I'm going to finish the Support Banners for the TWT later today, already have Mike's made it's in my spoiler if you wanna see!

and I plan on doing class work this year too....

:wub: you too Nick, for being so patient with me. :p

And why did you replace my "Less Livvy means more Nick :D " smiley face and replace it with the <_< smiley face?! :glare:

Oh Brian I like the support banner! :woot: :wub:

Skype will slow you down. :r

Awesome update! :lol:

Skype is awesome, the people you talk too....even more so :r xD

Awesome Update Abby, well worth the wait ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back