Edward after his father | Finnigan after his mother

Harry Styles Hello GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Goes by: Teddy!
DOB: 25th December 2047

(aka a Christmas miracle :santa:)
Star sign: Capricorn

Wand: Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ebony Wand with Fairy Wing Core
House: Gryffindor

"You know, before I sort you, know that you would've made a pretty decent Slytherin. Maybe in another life. Instead, it'll be... Gryffindor"

✯ ❉ ❂ ✧ ✦ ✥ ✢ ☆ ★ EMBRACE THE MISCHIEF, IGNITE THE MAGIC! ⋆ ★ ☆ ✢ ✥ ✦ ✧ ❂ ❉ ✯

❉ B A C K G R O U N D ❉

Teddy grew up in a predominantly wizarding household, although his parents often choose the 'muggle' way and there aren't many enhancements going on in his house. His parents, Edward Pirrip Senior and Niamh Pirrip (nee Finnigan), both graduated from Hogwarts and settled in Wellington to raise their family. Niamh, first generation Kiwi originally from Dublin, Ireland, and Edward Senior, Kiwi born with links all around the world, instilled in Teddy an appreciation for magic and muggle from an early age. They have encouraged Teddy by taking him to muggle shops/restaurants and attractions as well as magical ones so that he has a rounded view of the world.

Teddy's father, Edward Senior is an Auror with a work hard, play hard attitude. His playful nature mirrors his son's spirit with an ability to knuckle down when it matters. Having been sorted into Gryffindor during his time at Hogwarts, he wholeheartedly encourages Teddy's adventurous tendencies and delights in hearing about his latest escapades, but he also expects good grades. Niamh, also a proud Gryffindor, is a kind-hearted and astute woman. Although she may be slightly less lenient with Teddy's mischievous behaviour, she finds his antics endearing and enjoys the fun they bring to their lives. Being an only child, Teddy receives ample attention from his doting parents, and it's no secret that he is occasionally indulged and spoiled with their affection. He receives a generous allowance from his parents each month.

Together, Edward Senior and Niamh have created a loving and supportive childhood for Teddy, providing him with comfort and security. While this has undeniably contributed to Teddy's overall well being, growing up in such a privileged environment may have influenced his understanding of empathy. Shielded from financial hardships and other significant challenges, Teddy does not have a developed understanding of those facing adversity.

Quick Facts about Teddy
  • Teddy was a rainbow baby. He would have had an elder sister.
  • Before Hogwarts, Teddy collected Chocolate frog cards and still has his collection
  • Teddy often wonders what the Sorting Hat meant when they said he'd make a pretty decent Slytherin
  • He wants to be an Unspeakable when he grows up
  • He currently plays as Keeper for Gryffindor
  • His best friends are Amodeus Jones, Marley Pattison and Audrey Beauchamp
  • He's a straight O student and taking every elective

❂ A P P E A R A N C E ❂

Teddy is cheerful with bright green eyes. His messy brown hair gives him a perpetually tousled and carefree look. He has an infectious smile that reveals a set of slightly crooked teeth. Teddy stands at an average height for his age, with an agile and nimble build that fits his active nature.

✧ P E R S O N A L I T Y ✧

Teddy is a spirited and affable, showing a blend of wit, humour, and an adventurous streak. Teddy is a prankster with a knack for turning mundane situations into something more fun. Beneath his playful exterior lies a kind hearted and loyal nature. He values friendship and is fiercely loyal to those he cares about, always ready to stand up for them and protect them when needed.

At first glance, one might assume that he doesn't take much seriously and lacks deeper concerns. His mischievous grin can get him into trouble, but he wears it proudly. He is extremely competitive in all things and like his father, has a work hard, play hard mantra.

It's worth noting that Teddy carries hidden insecurities within himself, though he has become adept at burying them deep or disguising them with humour. This can sometimes manifest in moments of unintended rudeness or an inability to empathise with others. Additionally, Teddy's exuberance and over excitement can occasionally overshadow the needs and feelings of those around him.

✦ S K I L L S A N D A B I L I T I E S ✦

Flying a broomstick and catching snitches
Wit - Teddy can think on his feet and respond quickly with wit or humour.
Intelligent and studious - work hard play hard

✥ G O A L S ✥

Teddy's main goal at Hogwarts is have as much fun as possible. He made it onto the Gryffindor Quidditch team as alternative seeker which was a goal he achieved, next up he wants to become a permanent team member. Teddy wants to get straight O grades and also be behind the biggest prank Hogwarts has ever seen.

☆ C H A L L E N G E S ☆

Teddy's overconfidence can sometimes land him in trouble when he acts impulsively and doesn't think things through. He is impatient and easily bored with mundane tasks which can lead to him messing around in class. Teddy is very thick skinned and doesn't always appreciate that others may not feel the same. He can get excited and lose sight of the line between playful banter and hurtful comments sometimes, but he doesn't mean to upset anyone, most of the time.

There is a childlike note to this planetary row, and people born on the 25th of December will stay on the move, think fast, and rely mostly on their wit and intellectual strength. They need time to understand the subtle connection of the way they speak and present themselves to the world, with their most intimate desires. The second planetary row for this date is showing a challenge with authority figures, their relationship with their father, and how their personality separates from heritage and ancestral rules and structures that became obsolete over time. It is their uneasy task to learn who they are, but once they do, their spirits evolve quickly and with little limitation.

StrengthsWeaknesses
AmbitiousAnxious beneath the surface
Loyal and reliablePerfectionist
WittyChildish
Surprisingly nurturingSelf-criticizes

I have to admit, I really love Teddy and he has the potential for lots of interesting stories. He's fun to write as he doesn't take himself seriously and nothing feels off limits. While he may have some areas for growth, these aspects contribute to his overall development as a multifaceted character and, in my opinion, those are the most interesting characters to write about.

Last edited:
F I R S T ✯ Y E A R ✯ S U M M A R Y ✯

An Interview with Teddy to ask him about his first year at Hogwarts:

Interview date:
June, 2060
With: Teddy Pirrip (age 12)

Interviewer: Good morning, Teddy! We've hear you've completed your first year at Hogwarts. Can you tell us, what was your initial impression when you first arrived at the castle?

Teddy: Hello! Well, yes I did. I thought the castle was huge! I couldn't believe I was actually going to live here and will have to learn my way around. It didn't take long to feel like home though.

Interviewer: That must have been an incredible moment. Now, let's talk about your friends. We've heard you made some great ones. Can you tell us about them?

Teddy: Oh, absolutely! There's Marley who I encountered Vex the poltergeist with, Benicio, who's always up for a laugh, Audrey, the witty Ravenclaw who I enjoy winding up, and, of course, Amodeus, my bestie. Audrey doesn't like Amodeus but I think he's great. I love them all!

Interviewer: Friends make Hogwarts all the more special. You did exceptionally well academically this year. How did you manage to get straight O's?

Teddy: I wasn't expecting to. Even my parents thought I had forged my report card, but I promise, no funny business. It just turns out it's really easy to get O's if you turn up to class.

Interviewer: Impressive! Now, speaking of funny business, we've heard you had your share of pranks and adventures. Any memorable ones you'd like to share?

Teddy: Oh, there were a few here and there! My pièce de résistance was throwing a dungbomb on the bonfire at the Heta/Brotherhood party. It was all in good fun, and the [disgusted] look on everyone's faces was priceless!

Interviewer: Sounds like you had some mischievous fun! And finally, what are you looking forward to in your second year at Hogwarts?

Teddy: Quidditch tryouts, and spending time with my friends. I'm also curious to see if my parents will finally believe my grades this time!

Interviewer: Well, Teddy, it sounds like you're in for another successful year. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, and best of luck in your second year at Hogwarts!

First Year Threads:

New roomwith Amodeus Jones and Milo FroggThe new first year boys dorm but Teddy is a whole other level of tired after the long day
When two turns into threewith Amodeus Jones and Marley PattisonTeddy making friends
Just looking around, not doing anythingwith Audrey BeauchampTeddy meets and explores with his kindred spirit
When Three Becomes Fourwith Amodeus Jones, Marley Pattison and Dominic Owens-LeeTeddy hanging out with his friends and playing with bubbles
Skating is better than dancingwith Benicio Matos There is a ice rink at the Yule Ball and Teddy has a lot of fun failing to skate with Benicio
Coloring Pageswith Amodeus JonesTeddy and Moo hanging out and having fun
Teddy's table at Speedy Friendswith Gemma DelaneyTeddy has a surprisingly good chat at Speedy Friends
Was That a Ghost?with Marley Pattison and VexThe two friends have a successful ghost hunting experience
Retracing your stepswith Marnie FroggTeddy finds something that an older student has lost and doesn't want to give it back
Harmless Funwith Lucy MontagueTeddy pranks Lucy
Glumwith Benicio Matos Benicio is feeling glum and Teddy cheers him up
Wheres my moneywith Audrey BeauchampFun scheming with Audrey
Speedy Friendshipwith Gemma DelaneyTeddy makes a hot chocolate for Gemma but its definitely not a date

Last edited:
S E C O N D ✯ Y E A R ✯ S U M M A R Y ✯

Psyching-yourself upwith Benicio Matos and Friday WeeksTeddy explores the forest with a friend, and Friday.
Fresh New Beginningswith Professor Matt Alcott-Ward, Aine Thompson, Amodeus Jones, Benicio Matos and Morrie AyreIt's the start of year and things start to get wild.
Not So Successful First Goowith Lucy MontagueTeddy teaches Lucy about pranking and other things
Mistletoedwith Lucy MontagueThe prank
Dancing Funwith Callie Cardoso Teddy makes a friend
Clear the airwith Audrey BeauchampTeddy shows Audrey that flying can be fun

Last edited:
T H I R D ✯ Y E A R ✯ S U M M A R Y ✯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back