Take The Hint

Keeva Fitzgerald

Pride of Portree Beater // Stubborn // Foodie
OOC First Name
Nichole
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Keeva Fitzgerald another big win for the Ballycastle Bats. While Shane needed to stay back for whatever reason, Keeva was eager for a night of partying and drinking. The brunette relaxed often with girls on the team, but this particular night she was going out instead with some friends from Beuxbatons, to a bar in France. Keeva, always someone who enjoyed her appearance spared nothing when dressing up. Most of her dressing up was for herself, the other part was always for Shane - after all he was the first to see her in anything she wore nowadays. The brunette laughed absently at a joke her friend told, not inputting much as they entered the pub, a group of five girls in their early twenties. The brunette had to admit that she was a bit envious, she was the only girl in her group who was taken, betrothed. Though Keeva had never been interested in dating she wouldn't deny the attention was nice. Regardless Keeva had Shane now, and needed to keep her mind on such. The beater moved toward a seat, but then decided hitting the bar first might be better - and approached, before ordering a vodka and cranberry. The sites and sounds of the pub were nice and inviting, and Keeva watched for a moment as her group of friends laughed. Maybe this was what making it felt like - but why was Keeva still insecure, and unsure of herself?

Le Trois Dragons was a pub in France, owned by his dad and had been his home ever since he'd been born. After being brought up as a muggle, he'd often helped out around the place, talking and serving customers where he could, and later teaching his younger sisters how to do the same. Now that he was officially old enough the drink though, the former Gryffindor had a new role in the establishment, and he'd been promoted to barman for the duration of his break, before he was due to be travelling back to Scotland next month. He missed Hogwarts and he missed seeing his sisters, and while he had a bad feeling after his mother announced the need for a family reunion, Keanu was just trying to focus on what he had right now.

The evening had just begun, and Keanu was just cleaning up the glasses ready for the night ahead. It was unusual for the pub to be open late, as it was in a central part of the town and known to many given that it had the same owner for nearly twenty years. Keanu looked up as he heard some laughs from one side of the room, but instead of seeing the group he saw something much more interesting. Keanu had more or less kept his head down during his education, and had never really had the time nor interest in approaching anyone with more intention than a friendship, however as the woman in the red dressed placed her order, the teen found himself flailing over his words. "Sure, you're cranberry? No, I mean, no that's fine. I'll get it." Keanu could feel himself blushing, not really able to understand what it was that was happening to him. The woman was very beautiful, and the man kept looking up to sneak a glance at her as he prepared her beverage, before serving her while a nervous smile. "Sorry. Hi. Have you come with the group?" he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the laughing girls behind her. Now that he was closer he could see every detail in her smooth face, and he crossed his arms over his chest in a bid to hide his own insecurities.

The brunette was surprised when the bartender she ordered her drink from stuttered at her, speaking in sentences that denoted she made him nervous. Maybe he knew who she was and knew about the collarbone broken by a bludger she hit. It was a good hit after all. The girl raised eyebrows at him. "Was the first hint the fact that I came through the door with them, or that we all are about the same age?" She chuckled gently showing this was merely a joke. "I did, we are celebrating that I won another game. I'm a Quidditch player." She spoke, obviously not shy about talking to strangers. Keeva tossed chestnut tresses over her shoulder, baring collarbones, turned now fully to face the boy. He was around her age, maybe a year or so younger judging by his baby face. The Beuxbatons alumni gave a toothy smile at him, splitting her deep red lips. "You look a little warm, are you alright?" She asked, taking a sip from her drink to avoid the cheeky question. It was blush - but why he was blushing she hadn't the foggiest.

Keanu smiled, looking away as he felt the embarrassment of her humour. He'd not actually seen her arrive at all, but his curiosity was peaked once again when he heard she was a Quidditch Player. "Oh, well, Congratulations! Take the drink on the house, although don't tell everyone else because if my dad finds out I gave away five drinks I will be working here all year." he finished quietly after regaining the ability to speak coherently. He cleared his throat, realising that he was a little warm. He was only dressed in a plain black t-shirt but the man was feeling as though he was being overcome with a new type of experience. "Do you mind if I join you with that drink?" he asked, setting a second glass beside hers to bring him up to speed. He had very little interest in alcohol, with no desire or intention to be too involved, but if he was going to continue speaking to the woman he knew he'd need a little of the liquid courage. "I'm Keanu." he added, lightly tapping his glass against hers before taking a sip, setting the drink down on the counter. He'd met thousands of customers over the years, although he mostly had to speak to them out of obligation rather than personal interest. Today however felt a little different, and Keanu considered that with him bound to leave in a few weeks, he had very little to lose in trying something new. He smiled at the woman, trying to keep his blushing under control.

Keeva laughed, a proud grin on her face, "Well thank you. Glad you like to recognize talent." She leaned in, startling blue orbs pinned to his face. "Don't worry, it's our little secret." She whispered, before grabbing the drink. The next inquiry made Keeva nervous though, as he inquired about joining her. She glanced back at her friends, whom hardly seemed to notice she was gone. Then she glanced at Keanu, whom was clicking his cup against her. "Prost." She spoke in German, the only word she actually knew in German. Keeva drank deeply of the red liquid, finishing her glass rather quickly. "Sorry, pretty sure I'm supposed to savor that not down it." She laughed. She did not protest him drinking with her. "So Keanu, your dad owns this place then? Spoiled with all the booze and eye candy you could want, eh?" She asked, nodding to a heavy set gentleman beside her, whom was in desperate need of a shave and shower. It was obvious she was joking. "You from here then, our accents don't quite match." The Irish girl asked.

Glad to see that she had no plans to spill the beans, Keanu thanked her, watching the woman closely. He had no idea what she'd just said, but given she proceeded to down her glass he could take an educated guess. Apparently she didn't seem to mind that he was joining her, and leaning forwards against the bar table he let out a small laugh at her joke. "You could say that." he replied, his eyes however never leaving hers despite how she nodded to another. "My dad own's the place yes. I grew up in this pub until I was old enough to move away. Now I just help out during time off, you could say like a vacation," he smiled, taking another sip of a drink. "Did you want another?" following up and keeping his customers hydrated was after all the task he currently had at hand, and the man began to mix together a second before she could tell him not to. Keanu's accent was a result of the language being his second language, despite neither of his parents residing in the country until he was born. When he was in Scotland it softened a little, and he tried to place her own voice. Placing another drink on the table for her, he lent his arms down as he faced her. There were the occasional customers at the bar, but considering he wasn't the only member behind there and the busy period was yet to start, he could spare a little time. "So, do I get to know your name or as a player on the winning team, should I already know it?" he asked with a grin.

The girl laughed, not particularly taking notice that he hadn't looked over at the belching man next to her - a couple chairs away luckily. Keeva shook her head in humor. "Wow, coming to work for a vacation? Couldn't imagine that." She grabbed the drink, this time sipping at it rather than downing the sweet and bitter liquid. She glanced back at her table, one of the girls waving at her and giggling. They knew Keeva didn't mind a drink adn a conversation - especially if both were free. Though that thought gave her pause. Why was he giving her drinks for free - was it because she'd won a quidditch game, or was there ulterior motives. Not that Keeva cared, after all she was in a committed relationship with someone she loved very much. This guy could buy her drinks all he wanted it wouldn't change that. The doe eyed woman sipped more, half done already. Drinking was in her blood it seemed. "So you moved away, chose another school or soemthin'?" She asked. "I went to school here so I know I'd recognize you if you'd gone to Beauxbatons." It might have been a flattering statement, but there was hardly a student Keeva didn't know. Either they were someone who was a fan of quidditch or whom got into fights with her. "Ah, I'm so rude." She spoke with a laugh. "My name is Keeva." The red clad girl shifted in her seat to lean on the bar a little, chin in her hand as they talked - politely making as much eye contact as was manageable.

Part of Keanu felt as though she were only here to be polite, but then he considered that she'd been free to return to her friends at any point, and there was nothing he was doing to keep her here talking. Perhaps he wasn't the only one that was enjoying their conversation a little more than what may be normal. The graduate had never looked at someone they way he found himself now with this woman, and he couldn't help wonder whether she was part veela and had an effect on him. He'd heard they were hard to resist. He nodded, taking another sip. "It's my family." he shrugged, in all honesty he didn't mind returning, it gave him a break from the rest of the year. "I should've known you'd have attended the school known for breath taking beauty." While he had very little experience of talking to women, Keanu felt as though it was appropriate, and with nothing to stop him from holding back he didn't care too much whether it wasn't the best. "I attended Hogwarts in Scotland. Now I've taken up an internship in the city." he explained, wondering what she would think of not making the most of his magical abilities. "It's lovely to meet you Keeva." Keanu's voice was low, but it needn't be more given how close they were now sitting to one another. "I hadn't expected to meet someone quite as captivating this evening." he smiled warmly at her, his eyes staring into hers for just a little longer than one should, before he flicked them over her shoulder to the group that were beckoning for her attention.

He was definitely hitting on her. Keeva took pause to listen to him, but only half heard about how he'd attended Hogwarts. Instead she was concentrating on a way out of an uncomfortable situation. However a thought crossed her mind, that made her stop mid adjustment, and play it off as getting more comfortable in her seat. After all, it was harmless if she didn't return the gesture. It reminded Keeva of being in school, if she were honest. Three or four loyal boys in the student body had crushes on her - not a lot of them but a few thought they saw past her hard exterior into some kind of soul; a soul she was sure was just as hard. Everything about the situation was flattering, he ignored the other customers just to sit and drink with her. All for free. Her face flushed at the use of the word captivating - this kid was obviously 80 years old considering his language choice. "You're very sweet." She offered back, unsure how to go about approaching the compliments, her tanned skin a deep rouge underneath. It took Shane a while to say anything similar to this bartender, adn if she were honest most of the boys in the school were idiots and had no idea how to woo a woman. Not that she was being woo'd. Keeva decided to continue the conversation, ignoring her friends behind her now. "Don't worry about them. They'll harass you until you're a stuttering mess. Kind of like when you first saw me." She moved on quickly. "So whih house were you in?" She inquired. Her own cousin was a Hufflepuff - a dimwitted one but Keeva loved Viviana the same.

Sweet wasn't exactly what he was going for, but he'd take it. He could be doing a lot worse for his first attempt, and as far as he could tell she seemed to be having fun. He looked back from the group, hoping that they weren't actually going to harass him. His ears began to turn a little pink as she calmly noted his earlier stumbles, and he was grateful for the swift change of topic. "Let's just say my room matched your dress" he smiled, glancing down at what she was wearing that evening. Honestly it was his favourite colour, always had been, and it looked incredibly flattering on Keeva. Keanu heard a sudden noise that made him feel as though any progress he'd made up until that point was headed completely out the window. The man turned sharply, adjusting himself and pretended to quickly be in the middle of serving another customer, as an older man walked through the bar behind him. As parents went, Alex was on the relaxed side of the scale, but he'd always be there for his children, trying to guide and support where he could and Keanu admired the man. Glancing up to the woman however, he wondered if there was any chance he was going to have the pleasure of any more of her company without the watchful eye of his dad.

Keeva smiled. "Gryffindor then. My cousin had a crush on a boy in that house I think. Said he was stubborn." She laughed. "I hear you're all like that does that mean..." Her sentence trailed off, noticing the change in his demeanor. The man that walked behind him was older than him. Keeva chuckled, daddy was here and must have been scary for Keanu to suddenly stop talking to her. However Keeva was still itching for a drink - especially free ones. The beater got the man's attention. "Excuse me." She called out to the man whom looked important, if not mildly intimidating. "Hi I'm Keeva." She introduced. "Your son has been working so hard, and I was hoping you'd let him take a small break?" She asked, nodding over to a booth that was empty, batting her thick brown lashes at him. She was enjoying making a friend who thought she was pretty after all. Besides maybe his father would think she wanted to date him, and maybe he'd want his son to date someone like her. Not that she was interested.

Keanu wasn't even aware he'd been drying the same glass repeatedly, to the point that he could see the womans reflection as the light caught the side. He mildly blushed again, tucking it away and hoping that it wasn't obvious that Alex had caught him unprepared. Keanu glanced up, almost with warning in his eyes as Keeva began to address his dad, unsure of how this would turn out. None of the Corvus children had experience in his regard and it was a first for Keanu to find out he's reaction. Turning to face his father he was met with nothing more than a motion of his head, indicating he was free to leave. His parents had gotten together when they were his age, a while Alex may have wanted Keanu to focus on more than women he met at the pub, there was also the inevitable time that would come when his son had to learn for himself. Once he was dismissed, Keanu stepped away from his duties, limitless now in his choice of evening activities. Grabbing the glass he'd previously been consuming before his father could mention otherwise, he strode across the room with as much confidence as he could muster, sliding himself into one of the seats away from the majority of prying eyes and ears. "Thank you." Keanu felt like a fool, he should've gotten himself out of that situation and knew that next time a beautiful woman was so obviously interested in keeping his attention, he'd have the nerve to mention it. He'd never had anyone show him as much interest as Keeva had that evening, but he was determined there were still better things left to come. "Hey, what were you saying before we were intrupted?" Keanu asked, "Something about how we're all stubborn?" his eyebrows raising in question.

Keeva smiled at the man with a genuine look in her eyes. It was easy enough to fake, after all his dad didn't need to learn that Keanu was getting her free drinks. Keeva finished off the glass with a grin at the brunette boy. The woman's sapphire eyes followed her new friend, and she mimicked them, walking carefully over to the booth, heels tapping against the floor gently. Finally Keeva sat down, and looked at her new friend. She chuckled. "You mean before daddy inturrupted?" she teased, setting down the empty glass which she'd absentmindedly brought with her, hoping maybe he'd notice. "I was going to say if you're all stubborn does that mean I'm not getting away easily tonight" She asked laughing. Perhaps that was a little flirtatious, but it was harmless, Keeva convinced herself. Nothing she was saying was inappropriate, and it wasn't as if she was kissing this boy - her friends would tell Shane if she did anyways. At least at the moment she was able to be truthful and tell him she may have made a friend. In the back of her mind though Keeva did wonder in Shane would take issue with them sitting at this booth, together away from her friends whom were now semi-watching with intrigue.

Keanu was done acting like the child, and he ignored her comment about his dad. His eyes glanced over, where he could just about see the bar and the table of girls sat at the end, wondering whether they'd even notice them, talking, over in the booth. "You see," he said, his attention turning back to the woman in front of him, not quite able to believe she was still really here. "I don't think you'd want to get away." he smiled, his confidence increasing the more he drank. He spotted her empty glass, the thought of whether she was only spending time with him because of his generosity passing through his mind, but if that was the case and he would be leaving that evening alone then so be it. Right now was the most fun he'd had in a long time, and he was going to make the most of it. "Are you really going to make me get up again?" he said with a smirk, leaning forward to pick up her glass to get them some refills.

On his return, he didn't take his previous seat. Placing the glasses down on the table, he moved and sat beside her, his body half turning to face her to allow them to talk more easily. It was of comfort too to know that his back was now facing those he wanted to just forget for a little while. There was no chance in the Interns mind that wasn't here because she wanted to be. "You should be glad it was me that served you" he joked. "What would your friends be thinking, seeing you here?" he asked, with a smile.

Keeva was caught off guard by the sudden amount of confidence the man spoke with. Her cheeks flushed a horrible peach color and she looked down at the table pretending the textured tops were more interesting than her friend. Biting her lower lip Keeva was questioning her choices more than ever. That was until Keanu offered to refill her drink. Keeva looked up through her mascara laden lashes at the boy, whom was already moving to get a drink. In his momentary absence a friend ran over, asking about what was going on, to which Keeva said she'd talk about it later and to keep her mouth shut. Once the friend was gone, Keeva relaxed until Keanu came back, and took a seat next her her. This was a change and Keeva adjusted easily, in the move she inched away, making it look as though she was just moving to face him more.

Once she began facing him Keeva had her hand on her drink, the other on the side of the booth they sat in. "My friends? Well they think I'm taking you home tonight, they've confirmed that." She laughed awkwardly at the fact. "They know me though, I'm not so easy as to do things like that." She spoke, though her voice didn't seem chiding or like she minded being hard to catch. In fact it was a signature of hers, which is why Shane's capture of her was so surprising to all her friends. "But you're a Gryffindor so you must always try and get what you want." She made the offhanded comment, sipping from her third drink the light buzz making her feel a little less caring about what her friends would say. She hadn't done anything wrong.

Keanu let out a toothy smile at Keeva when she told him of her friends opinions. He supposed she was just playing along and enjoying her evening but the man considered whether there really was any possibility. They'd just met, and Keanu was still doing his best to come across as confident as he could, but inside he was anxious and a little terrified about being beside someone so intimidatingly beautiful and charismatic. "Is that so?" he replied, wondering what else she thought was true about him all because of his Hogwarts house. "You should know that while that might be true, I work very hard to make the things I want become a success" he added, his eyes never leaving hers as he spoke quietly. He was noting her body language now, a subject he'd always been interested in but was proving to be useful in more than just a few situations. He leant back a little in his own chair, pulling away from the closest they seemed to have fallen into quite quickly. "So tell me, what is it that you want?" Keanu asked, taking a sip of his drink.

Keeva couldn't help but smile as well when the boy smiled. It was contagious the way he showed all his teeth, almost a childish grin. Her dark lipstick brought out the whiteness of her teeth, straight from the braves she'd had as an adolescent. "It is." She replied simply. The brunette moved to cross one leg over the other, facing him fully with no other distractions. She reached for her drink, hand brushing past his on accident though she didn't bother to apologize for the brief and meaningless contact as she picked up her drink once more and sipped, until it was empty. Keeva felt her face heat ever so slightly, though whether it was his flirting words or the fact that she was beginning to feel effects of the alcohol she wasn't sure.

At his next question the woman Gave pause for suspense. "What do I want?@ she repeated the question, looking over the man. "Such a broad question, Sir." She spoke, moving around it with ease. "I suppose the easiest answer is that I just want to enjoy myself." The answer itself was broad enough, her blue orbs lingering on his face before looking over to her friends who seemed to notice what close proximity she and the man were in. Keeva rationalized it though, and she returned her gaze to Keanu.

Keanu watched as she rearranged her seating, wondering at the back of his mind whether she really wanted to be here. He flinched a little at her touch, glancing down as she took her glance, draining it once again. What if she was just using him for the free drinks? Once she'd had enough would he even be able to see her again? Keanu considered thst perhaps if he were to decline her more alcohol, she would walk away right there and then. When she answered his question however Keanu nodded, a smaller smile appearing on the corner of his mouth. It was becoming obvious to him that she knew exactly what she was doing, but for the time being he was content to go along with it. "And are you?" He asked, trying to convince himself he was using his most assuring voice. Unsure of what she wanted from him, and her intentions, Keanu rested one of his arms on the back of the seat, watching her casually as he tried to figure out her angle.

The brunette followed his eyes to her glass and wondered if he was catching on. She'd need to take a break from drinks if she wanted him to remain in the dark about her motives. After all if she didn't he'd probably walk away. She set her glass down and grinned at his question. She leaned forward just slightly toward him, and dared to set her arm closer, one had on the seat gently placed just beside his leg, just to where her thumb brushed the material of his pants put was not in them. "I am." She noted. "Tell me, why did you really decide to buy my drinks?" She inquired in a forward manner.

Keanu was beginning to get uncomfortably aware of how close this woman was getting to him, while still remaining to talk with hardly any verbal indication she was looking for anything more than friendship. Keanu was now considering more than before that he was being used for his role at the pub, and her next question only made him think he was on the right track. "Because someone who works hard to achieve success should be rewarded" he said honestly, his eyes not leaving hers. He felt strongly that hard work be praised, and since she'd won the game she should take enjoyment in her relaxation. "Why did you agree to come with me?" Keanu asked, glancing once again in the direction of the friends she left.

Keeva liked his answer, she did work hard. Everyday. She busted her rump on the field, worked out in the gym, and even at home. She often felt perhaps her work was to distract her frustration of her parents reaction to she and Shane. The brunette shrugged at his question. Did she have a good answer? Keeva bit down on her lip before answering as candidly as she could."Because when I was surrounded by them you were looking at me." She nodded in the direction of her friends, all very attractive. Keeva didn't have low self esteem, but attention she craved like chocolates for a pregnant woman. "Listen I'm not going to pretend like I have this emotional connection of love at first sight to you, but you seem really nice. Yes I like that you're buying me drinks, but I also like talking to someone in a conversation that isn't so shallow it leads to shoes, hair, and boys every night. If that's not what you want then that's fine." She nodded finally, before peering into his dark brown orbs, electric blues unwavering in their search for something so important to her.

"It was hard not to" Keanu replied honestly to her first statement, wondering whether that was so hard to believe. Her friends were great but it had been Keeva that had attracted his attention, and he'd happily allowed her to distract him from his work. Keanu listened as his new friend described why she liked spending time with him, but even though his theory that she was enjoying the drinks he was buying her was true, he was pleased to hear there was another level to their interaction than what he'd first considered. Even though he'd been speaking to Keeva for a short amount of time, the way that she was opening up to him was making him think that maybe he could do the same. "I do want that, shallow conversation has never been my thing if I'm honest" Keanu said, wondering if the woman beside him would think he were lying. It had been unusual for the teen to try and act as confident as he had been now, and he felt as though if he were to lower his guard to her she would consider him a fraud. Keanu had barely said anything about himself and his work, and while he didn't want the topic to take a turn away from the fun they were currently having, it was still an important part of his life to mention. "Outside of this I'm Psychology intern" he said with a small smile, trying to gauge her reaction to the prospect of him potentially trying to see through her words.

Keeva smiled and leaned back in her seat a little, nodding at what he spoke about. She was glad that he felt it was hard not to stare, the compliment warming her heart and her cheeks. However the cheeks may have been the alcohol finally hitting her system, Keeva mused inwardly. "Psychology really?" She asked, a small smile appearing on her lips. "You must be seeing right through my ruse then." She remarked with a gentle laugh. However Keeva wasn't terribly worried that he'd see she just wanted drinks; especially now as the evening evolved and it turned into her wanting drinks and attention and conversation. The brunette shrugged. "So mister intern, if that's the case, why do you think I sat down with you?" She inquired, wanting to hear a clever analysis, to gauge how careful she needed to be. Wondering if he could tell she had a boyfriend just by looking at her - it might be possibly. Keeva had never had a therapist so she wasn't sure exactly what they could tell.

Keanu hadn't really spoken to many people back at Hogwarts about his passion for Psychology, and it was only when he was away from the magical school that he'd really learnt about it at all. He'd had friends at Hogwarts of course, but they were more or less interested in their own things, and Keanu had always felt as though if he were to share too much it wouldn't be welcome. After growing up as a muggle, it had been natural for him to consider careers outside of the magical community, but not all his friends were as supportive to the idea. He was a little surprised by her next question though, and it made him think as though he was being tested. He honestly wasn't quite sure why she'd decided to follow him, "Perhaps you were looking to have someone give you one on one attention after so much time as part of a team?" he offered, knowing that's at least how he'd feel himself if he'd spent so long working with others. He'd want his own recognition, to stand out from others if he had the chance.

Keeva's smile remained on her lips even though she was surprised at how close he was to how she was feeling. It was strange to Keeva to even be divulging that she had true emotions, considering she never talked to Shane about how she was feeling. It was nearly unheard of for her to do anything of the sort after all. She shrugged at his response. "Well you're not wrong. Why do you want to give me that attention? Are you hoping to gain something from it?" She asked, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly, waiting to hear either what she wanted or what she didn't want. Regardless it would make her night that much more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back