Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Greetings, all!

So after an eventful evening and a little bit of excitement today, I have resolved to yield to some member requests and install a "Switch Users" code to HNZ.
The script was written by Reid but has been modified (for aesthetic reasons, mostly) by myself. Simple click the: [Switch Users] link by the signout button in order for it to operate.
This will, hopefully, leave those of you who post with the wrong account in roleplays with no excuse to do so. It is against the board rules:
Rules said:
[ul][li]Each user account is to represent a character.</LI><LI>[li]You may have as many characters as you want, but only one character should be attached to each account. This means that an account's username is the name of the character the account represents.[/li][/ul]
It defeats the purpose of multiple accounts or your account username being your character's name if you use the wrong account.

This is also a reminder for all members that when forums close to your character, it is not alright to use another account to finish up an RP - posting with the wrong character again.

I hope that this small update will be helpful in some way to many of you,

Feel free to share your comments or concerns in this topic,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Brilliant new code :D Recently (not sure why) my account (though it claimed to have signed out and I had signed in as another charrie), stayed glued on the original charrie and almost caused me to have a Death Eater post in a thread as a 15 year old girl. (the thought is amusing but I almost flipped when I realised)
I've just tested the code and, as a complete idiot myself, I can say that it is absolutely fool-proof- well, I think so, anyway. ^_^ Very nice indeed. :cool:

I think this is brilliant :p getting use to but I like it!

As outlined above, I still don't agree with its addition to the board. My only hope is that it will deter rule breakers.
We have a fair number of codes already on HNZ, and another one to slow load times is not on my list of things to be joyous about. :tut:

This is fantastic. Makes things so much more easier. Thanks. :lol:

I love it! xD Even if you dislike it, Nickles :tut: :wub:

It's one less step in switching accounts for lazy people like me. Still gotta get used to it though.

I am neutral about it. :)
Whatever is the best decision, really. If Nick thinks it is the best, even if he doesn't like it, then same here I suppose. xD

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back