Closed Surprise Visits

Arcturus frowned when she told him not to fuss about her. How could he not when he found her on the ground crying and scrambling away from him? "Yeah, well, I will do so anyway," he told her, smiling at her and wiping the tears off her cheek with his thumbs. He listened attentively when she went on to explain why this particular dream had been so bad. Of course Kira could stay if she wanted to but wouldn't she risking having another bad one given the fact that this was still a very new environment? Trying to shake off his concern, Arcturus nodded and said, "Yeah, no worries, of course you can stay here. I'll have Dad conjure up another bed, then."

Kira's eyes fluttered shut and she leaned into Arc's touch, finding it unbelievably comforting. Her eyes opened again when he spoke, and unthinkingly she put her hand lightly on his arm. "Actually, um, I was hoping maybe we could stay here? Maybe get some blankets or something," She hesitated, before pulling her hand back. "I, ah... I understand if you would rather not, I just... I always feel better when I'm with you," She admitted gently, looking at her hands as she folded them in her lap.

Arcturus blushed a little at her words, looking away from his best friend for a moment. ''Let's get ourselves settled inside instead, if you don't mind.'' He didn't think that staying up here would be such a good idea as it could get awfully cold here in December, so instead, he took Kira's hand in his and walked back with her inside. It took him a couple of minutes to gather all the blankets and pillows he could find around the house together, Arcturus was sure that they had brought a lot more with them then what he had just thrown onto the couch, and smiled to his friend. ''This should do, right?'' he asked, pointing an index finger at the two blankets and three pillows. It would be just like falling asleep together on the couch in the common room. After the two of them settled themselves on the couch, he had put an arm around her so she could cuddle up into his side, it didn't actually take them that long to fall asleep. He could only hope that she would not have one of her nightmares again tonight.

After breakfast the next morning it was time to say goodbye to Kira. He didn't want her to go, desiring her company even more now, but the agreement had been one day only so there wasn't really anything he could do about it. Arcturus hugged her and wished her a happy new year in advance before she touched the portkey that would take her back to her place. Thinking that all would be incredibly boring now without his best friend here to keep him company, Arcturus returned to his daily duties around the observatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back