Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira couldn't believe she'd done this. She had sent a letter to Arc's dad, asking if it would be alright if she came down for a day. Why had she done this again? She sighed, twirling her hair around her finger. What was she thinking? He wouldn't want to see her when he was back home. She had just talked herself out of being there, standing with her bag on her shoulder, when she heard the front door open. Her eyes went wide and she could feel the blush heating her cheeks. She bit her lip, twisting the strap of her bag nervously. She took a few deep breaths before walking towards the door. She pouted when she saw he had moved past the room she was in without noticing her. She reached into her pocket and found an old wrapper. She bit her lip, leaning against the door frame and bouncing the wrapper off the back of his head.

Living at the complex of the observatory for the next week and a half or so was something Arcturus had been looking forward to for ages. And now that he was here, a tiny part of him wished that he would've gone home to stay with his mother instead. Because the houses weren't as big as they thought at first, the teen was forced to share a room with his older brother, someone who liked to remind him that he still had a year and a half worth of education to follow whilst he was free to do whatever he wanted. Orion was even reminding him about it now whilst they were moving some boxes full of equipment for their father by apparating from upstairs to downstairs. Arcturus groaned when he felt something hit the back of his head, placing the box he was moving from one room to another onto the others before turning around. ''I swear to Merlin's old beard, Orion, if you keep this up you will feel my wrat-...'' He stopped abruptly at the sight of his friend standing there in front of him rather than his brother. ''K? Wha- Hey! What are you doing here?'' he said, rushing over to his friend to pull her into a hug. He didn't think that he would see his best friend for two weeks, so this was definitely a nice surprise. ''I'm sorry, my brother has been annoying me ever since I got here,'' he apologised.

Kira almost stepped back when Arc seemed mad at her, but the tension eased from her shoulders when he came rushing over. She stepped forward, laughing lightly and wrapping her arms around his neck. "Hey, colossus," she teased, acting on impulse and kissing his cheek before stepping back. "I was, ah, in the area and your dad said it would be alright if I came by for the day." She told him, before biting her lip. "I mean, if you arent too busy or anything, I can take off again if you want," she offered, giving him a nervous smile.

Arcturus had decided that, if he were to wait for Kira to sort her things out, he would let his feeling for her simmer down for the time being and stop himself from acting on any impulses he might have, so that both of them could start acting normal around one another again. He still blushed when she kissed his cheek, though. He squinted his eyes at what she told him, finding it hard to believe that someone all the way from New Zealand would coincidentally be 'in the area' as she put it. ''No, it's fine. I was just moving some boxes around for my Dad. I could show you around the complex if you'd like that? There's a bunch of really cool stuff to see. Oh, and you've got to see this place at night, of course! That is if you don't have to leave before night time.'' he told her, suddenly all excited. It was when he let go of her that his brother apparated behind him with the last of the boxes.

''Arc, if this is your way of punishing me for annoying you, I swear I'll start throwing snowballs at your face next. Close the door, will you, you're letting the heat out. Oh, hello?'' Orion moved to stand behind his brother, looking curiously at the girl in front of Arcturus. ''Who's this, your girlfriend or something?'' he teased, poking his brother in the side.

Kira relaxed, giggling as he started to sound excited. "I actually got some money from my sister so I can find someplace back in town to stay the night. I cant visit an observatory and not stay to see the stars," she grinned at him.

It was then that an older boy appeared and Kira froze up. She ducked behind Arcturus as he turned to face the newcomer, peeking out shyly from behind Arc as she gripped the back of his shirt tightly. It had been quite a while since a stranger had startled her, but she was still very shy with people she didnt know and vulnerable enough with all that had happened the last year that her first response was to hide behind her best friend for support.

"What? Don't be silly, I'm sure Dad doesn't mind if you stay here for the night." Arcturus told her. She would have to leave early to find someplace to spend the night at, which would be boring for both of them. ''I bet you Dad can conjure up another bed and put it up in Cel's room,'' he said, more to himself than to his friend.

He turned around when Orion joined them, giving him the rudest of gestures for poking and teasing him. "Kira is my friend from school," the teen said. Arcturus then turned to look over his shoulder at her and frowned. It had been some time ago that he had seen Kira this shy. ''What're you doing there, K?'' he said, grinning slightly before turning back to his brother. ''Say, could you perhaps get those boxes up to Dad yourself so that I can show her around the complex? I'll owe you one,'' he added quickly, hoping that it would help change his mind.

Orion just laughed at Arcturus' gesture, finding it funny how easy it was to get a reaction out of him. ''Of course, you will owe me. Just make sure that you're back before dinner. Dad's running on a tight schedule so we're eating early. Kira, I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind having a guess for dinner, so if you want, you can stay for dinner.'' he told his brother's friend. ''Well, if that's everything, I'd better get going. It was nice to meet you, Kira.'' And with that Orion turned around to disapparate with the boxes, one for one.

Kira bit her lip at his words. "Oh, I wouldn't want to impose." She murmured, rubbing her arm uncertainly. "I'll be okay, I can find my way back after dark," She tried to reassure him.

She felt a little pang as Arc introduced her as his friend, the little voice in her head telling her that's all they were, that's all he wanted. She glanced up as he spoke, ducking back behind him and laying her head against his back. She peeked out again as the other boy spoke again, giving him a shy smile before pulling back behind Arc. Her mind was reeling as she kept tucked away behind him. Did he still...? Would it be fair of her to admit she wanted more? What if he changed his mind? Had he already? Would it be fair to ask for more when she was still so unsure of her ability to keep him? Would she honestly ever be comfortable in thinking she was enough for Arc?

She bit her lip, stepping back and wrapping her arms around herself once his brother was gone. "So... what's the plan?" She asked uncertainly, feeling embarrassed. Embarrassed to think that Arc could still like her, embarrassed to how she had acted over Arc's brother. Merlin, she was really useless.

''You are definitely not imposing, K. Just let me ask my Dad if he's OK with it during dinner. I'm sure he is, he just likes to be informed of things on time. And no,'' he said, raising his finger so she would let him finish, ''I'm not taking no for an answer.''

Arcturus gave his brother the thumbs up before turning his attention back to Kira again, glad that he would want to do their task by himself so that he could show his friend around. There was a lot that he wanted her to show now that she was here, so could really need all the time they had until dinner would be ready. ''Well if you want to,'' Ignoring the fact that she seemed to be embarrassed as there was nothing to feel such a way over. ''My Dad's trying to look at solar flares at the moment and I think that Cel's preparing a night tour with the other organisers, we could visit them and check if they need our help. Or I could really just show you around, show off some the fancy equipment the astronomers are using here. It's quite mental, the quality of these telescopes. Even the control room is fascinating to see, really.'' He guessed that there would be time to meet his other family members later, though. Perhaps she'd loosen up a little in the meantime, as there was nothing to be shy about when. Arcturus grabbed Kira's hand and began their tour of the complex. Apart from the big dome with the telescope, which he put last on the list of things he wanted her to see, as they'd be going there again at night, Arcuturs showed her the other pieces of equipment such as cameras, the spectroscopes, the spectrographs, and even the spectroheliograph, which one of the operators was kind enough to let the two of them use by letting them make a monochromatic photograph of the sun on the computer. Holding onto her hand again as they walked out of the room with two printed out images of the sun, Arcturus turned his head to Kira. ''What do you want to see next?'' he asked, glancing down at his watch. ''We've still got a bit of time left before we need to return home.''

Kira decided not to argue with Arcturus, she wasn't in the mood to try and change his mind when she wouldn't mind staying the night. She followed around a bit behind him, alternating between being absolutely fascinated with the equipment he showed her and being fascinated by him. She slipped the image of the sun into her bag, already greatly pleased with how today was going. She was sure her sister would ask for all the details later, but Kira didn't mind. She would put up with all the prying from her sister if it meant she'd been able to spend the day with Arc, especially with him in his element. He had been positively beaming the entire time she was here, so excited for all the equipment and so eager to show her his world.

She paused when he did, considering his question as he glanced down at his watch. "Whatever you want to show me," She replied after a moment of thought, lacing her fingers through his and laying her other hand gently on his arm. She bit her lip, looking away and blushing. "You're... really very cute," She managed softly after a moment, "I like seeing you so happy, and proud of the work here," She glanced back up at him, giving him a shy smile. "I... I really wish we hadn't stopped talking in school," She admitted quietly. "I really think that if I had just noticed this- noticed you sooner, I would have never..." She bit her lip and shook her head, squeezing his hand lightly in her own. "Don't mind me," She looked up to him again, hair covering her eyes a bit. "I've really had a good time today, Arcturus. Thank you," She hesitated a moment, wanting to kiss him but unsure if it was something he would want.

It wasn't often that Arcturus could show any of his friends what he was really passionate about. What with most of his friend living in New Zealand, apart from his cousin, but they weren't really on speaking terms at the moment, it had been difficult to invite people over. Especially with his Dad being busy doing his work as an astronomer for the observatory most of the time, too busy really to be there for him and his siblings. So the fact that his Dad had apparently told Kira that it was OK for her to visit him, well, it was rather special for that to happen, actually. Of course, he could talk to her about it for hours on end at school, but showing her the place he saw himself working at after graduation was something that made him visibly happy. While Arcturus wasn't really allowed to use any of the equipment yet without supervision, the fact that he was an intern at the observatory gave him certain privileges that other people staying with their families or people on tour did not get. Glad that Kira seemed to enjoy her time here, he was trying his best after all to show her all the best bits, Arcturus was saving the best for last.

He nodded. There was still a couple of things he wanted to show her before they had to be back home for dinner, all of which were on the way to the house so could be crossed off of the list rather easily. He couldn't stop himself from smiling as she laced her fingers through his, his heart skipping a beat. He listened to what she was saying and felt the blush heat his cheeks. It wasn't often that someone complimented him, so naturally, he started blushing. It wasn't only that, though. He knew he shouldn't be so affected by her words, he had promised himself to give her enough time to figure things out on her own. But Kira was making it pretty difficult for him to ignore his feelings for her with every word she said. Why did she have to say things like that? Would they have really been together at the moment if he had continued to talk to her rather than focus all his attention on his studies? He smiled weakly at her as she looked back up at him, his heart fluttering whilst doing so. He tucked the strand of her behind her ear before leaning in closer to her face. At this point, he didn't really care about the consequences it might have any more. Pressing his lips onto hers, Arcturus took hold of her other hand as well, lacing his fingers through hers.

Last edited:
Kiras breath caught as Arcturus brushed her hair back. She couldnt help but giggle a little, smiling as he started to lean in. She pushed up on tiptoe, meeting his lips with her own.

She squeezed his hand lightly, letting him keep the hand he had stolen while freeing her other to run lightly up his arm and over his shoulder, her fingers settling to tangle in the hair at the base of his neck as she kissed him eagerly.

After several moments she broke away, biting her lip. She brought his arm up over her shoulders, cuddling into his side. "Where are we going next?" She asked him softly, a warm smile on her face.

A funny sensation, a sort of tingling, really, was going through his body as Kira kissed him back and started to play with the hair on the back of his head. He didn't know what she was doing but it felt nice, almost comforting.

He couldn't help himself from smiling back at her as she broke away from him. He didn't really care about what would happen next as long as it was just the two of them. And the fact that she was now cuddled into his side and hadn't seem to mind it, him kissing her, could only really mean one thing. He hoped. He glanced down at his watch at Kira's question and said, "I could show you the dome's control room if you want? It's kind of awesome to see how the telescope is operated. Or we could go home a little early and see what's going on there," Arcturus replied, leaving it up to her what she wanted to do.

Kira smiled, running her thumb lightly over his skin where her hand rested on his side. "The control room would be interesting," She offered, biting her lip and shrinking a little further into his side. "Um... who exactly will be at dinner?" She asked nervously, remembering her encounter with Arc's brother. "Your brother probably things I'm an idiot," She fretted, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. She moved her hand from his side, wrapping it around her torso as worry started to eat at her gut. His family was going to hate her, she was sure of it. Caelan's family had been such an issue from the beginning, it would make sense that the more comfortable she felt around Arc the worse it would be. She bit her lip, losing herself in her fears again.

''It is decided, then. We'll stop by the control room before heading back.'' Arcturus knew the people controlling everything so hoped that they might let him show her around a bit and tell what everything was for. ''Me, of course, my Dad, Orion and my sister, Celeste. Mom might join us as well if she's home early from her job.'' He frowned when Kira's attitude changed all the sudden. Arcturus unwrapped her arms from around her torso and took her hands in his. He didn't know why she was suddenly worried about it, as there was nothing to worry about when it came to his family. All of them were pretty boring apart from his sister. He still loved them to pieces, though. ''Hey, there's absolutely nothing to be worried about. And Orion won't think you're an idiot, he used to be just as shy as you, actually, so I think he understands it perfectly. Dad will probably talk to Celeste about their night tour, which will take place in a couple of hours, for most of the time, so everything's alright.'' the teen told her, trying to comfort her a little by rubbing his thumbs on the side of her hands. ''I would have told you long ago if my family was scary to be around with, trust me.''

Kira's heart beat furiously in her chest. She hadn't thought of meeting his entire family when she decided to come see him today, but it only made sense. It wasn't like they were in school. She looked up, startled when he took her hands in his. She listened quietly for a moment before she felt her shoulders relax a little. She let out a soft sigh, closing her eyes and calming herself. She smiled warmly up at him. "Alright, I trust you," She squeezed his hands, leaning up and kissing him gently for several moments before pulling back and tucking back into his side. "So... the control room?" She asked, intertwining their fingers with one hand while grasping his arm lightly with the other.

Arcturus smiled back at her when she seemed to relax a little. It was good to hear that Kira trusted him, as there really wasn't anything to worry about at all when it came to meeting his family members. If anything he would be the one that would have to worry about her meeting his father and the twins, as they would surely all try to embarrass him as much as they could with stories of him as a child. He kissed her back softly, though the thought of whether or not he should do so still active in his mind. At this point, however, it was too late to suppress his feelings for her, as he was pretty sure now that she still knew that he liked her. And the other way around, obviously. He nodded and then led her to the dome where the control room was located, wrapping her arm around her instead as they walked. The operators in the control room showed them, well, mostly his best friend, everything they wanted to see, which wasn't a lot unfortunately since they were preparing for the night tour, too.

Dinner with his family went just as expected, all of them had been trying to embarrass Arcturus by telling Kira a bunch of stories of him as a child. Stories he had been trying really hard to forget, such as him still peeing in his bed at the age of nine because he got scared easily or the one were the teen as a child had once fallen off of a horse and into the mud. Afterwards, he quickly took Kira to the roof of the house, not wanting her to hear any more embarrassing stories. ''I'm sorry for that,'' Arcturus said as he climbed out of the window and onto the roof. ''I hope you don't think that I'm some sort of idiot now.''

Last edited:
Kira relaxed quickly over the night, enjoying the rest of the tour. She found it all rather fascinating, and once they had made it to dinner, she found his family warm and inviting. She giggled at all the stories, thinking it cute the way he blushed over each one.

She climbed up onto the roof after him, stretching and enjoying the night air. "Dont be silly," she grinned at him, "I'm sure if you ever came by the Inn Tyra would do the same thing." She shut her eyes, enjoying the breeze in her hair a moment. "I've had a really good time today Arc," she laced her fingers through his, looking to him with sparkling eyes.

Zipping up his jacket now that they were up on the roof, Arcturus took a deep breath of cold air. He liked December and the cold that come along with it. ''Can't wait to meet Tyra, then,'' he teased. He led her to the spot his Dad had assembled together from outdoor furniture that was laying about, and looked back at Kira as she talked to him. ''I don't think that I would have had as much fun today as I would have done without you here, so thank you for coming to visit me.'' Of course, the teen would have had plenty to do around the observatory as an intern, but the fact that she was there to accompany him whilst doing those things made it much better. He seated himself on the outdoor sofa and looked out at the clear night sky. ''It's nice today, isn't it?''

Kira shivered, pulling her coat closer as she sat with Arc, cuddling into his side for warmth. She looked up, nodding at his statement. "The stars are so different here," She murmured, "What are they?" She asked softly. Kira listened as he told her the stars, taking comfort in his presence and his warmth and she curled up against his side. She didn't mean to, but soon her eyes drifted shut as she fell asleep against him.

The sky was dark, and Kira stood alone in the field. It was peaceful at first, the wind in her hair, but when she opened her eyes again, the stars had begun to fall from the sky and the field was now ablaze. She panicked, looking around frantically for a way out. She saw a path through the flames and ran for it, her movements sluggish. Screams filled her ears, agonizing, pained screams, and it pushed her faster. She made it through the flames, panting heavily. "Kira!" She turned, seeing Arcturus waving to her. "This way!" He yelled, and without hesitation she ran after him. He held open his arms, but as she moved to jump into his embrace, he stepped to the side. Unable to stop herself, her momentum carried her over the edge of a cliff. She looked to him, eyes wide as she began to fall. He gave her an evil grin before turning away. She whimpered, looking back to the cliff as she began to plummet through the air, the jagged rocks below growing closer at an alarming rate.

Kira let out a strangled cry, jerking away and falling off the couch. She scampered away, looking around frantically. Her breaths came in quick gasps and tears filled her eyes as she fought through the panic brought on by the intensity of the nightmare. Where was she?

It wasn't often that he was cold himself but tonight was one of those times. Trying his best to hide it from Kira, however, the teen put his arm around her as she cuddled into his side. ''It's wonderful, right?'' he said, finding it still as fascinating as the first time he discovered the differences between the two hemispheres. He pointed out the stars and constellations they could see with the naked eye which was almost all of them since the observatory had been built on top of a hill with the nearest town not in sight for many kilometres. He was still pointing each star out to her when he noticed that she had fallen asleep. Smiling, Arcturus rested his arm against the one he had put around her. He could do with a nap himself, actually. Lighting the fire pit with a simple flick of his wand so the two of them wouldn't freeze to death, he closed his own eyes as well.

Arcturus' eyes sprung wide open upon hearing a sudden loud noise. Thinking that something might have gone wrong back at the dome at first, the teen looked up only to see that Kira was no longer sitting curled up next to him. Looking around for his best friend, he noticed that she was now on the floor, scampering away from where she had fallen. ''Kira? Hey, what's wrong?'' He practically jumped off of the sofa and hurried over towards her, concern in his eyes. ''Are you OK? Did you have a bad dream?'' It wasn't often, or never, really, come to think of it, that she had one these dreams when he was around, so he was actually panicking a little.

Kira yelped when she heard Arcturus speak, scrambling away faster and looking to him with wide, frightened eyes, the picture of him leaving her to plummet still fresh in her mind. It took several seconds for reality to reassert itself, for her to remember where she was and why.

She was shaken, mortified that after all this time she had finally been caught, and by the man she was starting to fall for, and just emotionally vulnerable. She let out a sob, tears spilling freely from her eyes as she shook her head, standing shakily and falling onto the couch, holding her head in her hands as she cried. She wanted nothing more than to just crawl in Arcs lap and have him hold her, but she doubted he would want her now- not now, not ever. The thought made the crying worse.

She bit her lip, wrapping an arm around her torso and holding a hand over her mouth to try to quiet the cries as she struggled to pull herself together.

He wanted to reach out to Kira to put his hand on her shoulder, but as soon as he approached her, she scampered away even further. He figured that it must have been one of her infamous nightmares that had scared her so much, why else would she suddenly have such a reaction? Panic and concern over his best friend growing, Arcturus took a step back and let her do her thing. He watched in silence how she got herself back onto the couch and hesitantly seated himself next to her after a couple of moments. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, almost whispering it to her. But as he asked it, she started crying even more. Not really knowing what to do, she had never told him what to do if he ever caught her after having had a bad dream, Arcturus did the one thing he could think of in the heat of the moment. He put his arms around Kira and held her close to him, rubbing the side of her arm with one of his hands soothlingly. "Hey, it's alright, there's no need to cry. You're safe." the teen whispered into her ear.

Kira tensed for a moment when Arcturus pulled her closer, before relaxing into him. She buried her head in his shoulder and cried it out, clutching at his shirt. It took her a few minutes, but with his soothing touch and his voice in her ear, she felt herself slowly unwinding again. "I'm so sorry," she managed softly. "No one has ever- I've always- I'm sorry," she managed, pulling back a bit to wipe her sleeve uselessly against his shirt.

''It's okay, you don't have to apologise. You had me scared there for a second, though. Are they that bad?'' If it was causing him to be concern over her he could only imagine what it was doing to her mentally. ''Is there anything I can do for you? Perhaps get you something to drink or take you back inside?'' the Ravenclaw asked. ''I could ask Dad if he can take you back home if you want?'' He could understand if she did not want to stay here any longer than she needed to. He smiled a little as she pulled back, hoping that everything would be alright again soon.

Kira took a moment to try and pull herself back together, wrapping her arms around her torso and looking away. "No, I- you don't need to fuss over me," She told him, glancing up with shimmering blue eyes and her lashes wet with tears. "They aren't always that intense. It's just... new environments. It was this bad when I got to school, but it faded over time." She sighed, biting her lip and rubbing her arm. "I... understand if you say no, but could I just... stay here with you?" She asked softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back