Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Alder Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Although he still hated the cold, Connor had grown fond of New Zealand. It had seemed strange and uninviting when he had been young - similar to home, but just different enough to fall into a cultural uncanny valley. Now, though, it felt like home as much as Australia did. He had gotten used to swapping Vegemite for Marmite (though the former was still superior in his opinion), thongs for jandals, even changed up how he pronounced the number 'six' so Kas and Freya would stop teasing him, though he still felt a little bit rude every time he said it the kiwi way. But no matter how used to New Zealand he got, Australia would always be Connor's home. The warmth, the people... it all felt right. Connor was glad to be home, and he was particularly excited to have part of his New Zealand life in his Australian life this year.

When Mum had suggested a holiday Connor had mentioned Byron Bay immediately, hoping he could catch up with Nikko in the holidays, and to his pleasant surprise, Mum had agreed. He had hurried to make plans with the Gryffindor and now here they were, alone in Nikko's room after a long day at the beach. Connor was fairly sure he had tanned 3 or 4 shades in one day, relishing the Australian sunshine, and now he was tired and happy from all the running around, tossing a rugby ball back and forth from one hand to the other as he relaxed on Nikko's floor. "I still reckon Eric fumbled that last try." He said with a small smile, glancing up at Nikko. "Mum just called the point for him to be nice." Connor leaned back, resting his head against the mattress of Nikko's bed gently. "Fun, though. It's been ages since I've had a good game. Today was awesome."

Last edited:
There was a part of Nikko that hated going home for the holidays. The more time he spent at Hogwarts the harder it was to shove the magical part of himself into a box, not to be acknowledged until he was shipped back to school. It felt like he had to pretend to be two different people and neither one felt completely like himself. Even after all this time his dad would freeze up anytime he let something slip about school. So when Connor asked if he could come visit Nikko had been ecstatic and terrified at the same time. As a fellow Australian they had bonded quickly over things no one else seemed to get and by some miracle when he asked if he could have a friend from school come by his parents had said yes. There had been a tense pause before their answer but it was a yes all the same.

Nikko hadn't done a very good job at keeping in touch with his friends back home so it was nice to have a friendly face around, and in his room no less. Connor was sitting on his floor while he had flopped on top of his bed and sprawled out, absolutely exhausted. "I didn't get a good look but I believe you." he said with a laugh. Rugby had never been his sport of choice and today it had felt painfully obvious every time he messed up. But somehow he had still had fun even if his muscles were screaming at him now. "It was. Maybe I can teach you to surf next?" he offered. Maybe seeing Connor struggle would make him feel better and the thought made him smile. He turned his head to look at his friend but only ended up seeing the top of his head and his bicep. Nikko noticed how much darker his skin looked after just an afternoon in the sun and he quickly looked back up towards the ceiling.

Connor looked up at Nikko at his offer of surfing lessons, grinning in excitement. "Totally!" He grinned. "I've never surfed before, but I'm an okay swimmer." Connor added, wondering how different it could really be from flying. Surely surfing was a bit like standing up on a big broom? Granted, he had never tried to stand on a broom before, but it couldn't be that hard. Looking up at Nikko it took Connor a moment to click how close the Gryffindor was, lying above him on the bed, and he flushed at the sudden unhelpful thought that it would be nice to just... lean up and kiss him. He had always thought Nikko was handsome, but being up this close with him was another level. Connor hesitated, eyes lingering on Nikko's lips slightly. "Thanks, uh... thanks for having me to visit, it's been really cool spending time with you..."

Nikko laughed as Connor excitedly agreed to surfing lessons and he was also a bit relieved that he would get a chance to show off one of his skills. He had been passable a rugby but he had spent the afternoon busy trying to remember all the rules. "I think you'll do fine." he said reassuringly and was kind of surprised to hear Connor had never surfed before. "Besides you're definitely fit enough." he added without thinking. Not that he thought about his body a lot, but it was kind of hard to miss. He thought about explaining himself but he was sure that would make things worse. Nikko grinned and propped himself up on his elbows when Connor thanked him. "Yeah." he agreed in a soft voice, feeling shy all of a sudden and highly aware that they were alone. "I'm really glad you came. It's been nice to have a familiar face around."

Connor grinned when Nikko said he was fit enough to be good at surfing, feeling his face flush slightly. He had worked hard to get as strong as he was, and it was nice to be noticed. "Definitely keen to try, then." He smiled, already excited at the prospect. As Nikko shifted it became easier to look at the Gryffindor, and Connor felt a small shiver run through him as he realised how close they were. Nikko was nice, and handsome, and it would be so easy to just lean up and pash him. He grinned when Nikko spoke, heart fluttering slightly. "I'm glad I came too, it's been really cool spending more time with you." Connor hesitated a moment, eyes flicking down to Nikko's lips again before he leaned up, lightly pressing his lips to the Gryffindor's, giving plenty of space in case Nikko wanted to pull away.

Nikko watched Connor look back at him and he felt like the whole world had fallen away and all that was left was the two of them. His head was fuzzy in a good way and for a moment he felt totally calm. He almost didn’t register the other boy’s movements until he felt lips brush against his as the world snapped back into focus. Nikko’s eyes shot open but he didn’t pull away. His heart was racing now. This was his first kiss after all and he wasn't sure how it was supposed to go but he closed his eyes and leaned down and closed some of the distance between them. “So...do you kiss all your friends?” he asked with a light laugh. His voice barely more than a mumble when they finally parted. A grin tugged at the corner of his mouth and he glanced down at the floor, suddenly overwhelmed and unable to look Connor in the eyes.

Connor knew kissing Nikko out of the blue was risky, and part of him worried he had just undone all the fun that had been had today. But to his relief Nikko kissed back, and Connor smiled softly against the Gryffindor's lips. He pulled back slightly when Nikko did, giggling softly at the younger boy's comment. He didn't think it would be the smoothest move to mention how many of his friends he had kissed, so instead he answered with sincerity. "I really liked spending today with you." He said with a soft smile. "I'd kinda like to... spend more time with you, if you want that? I mean... boyfriend time?"

Nikko was still reeling from the kiss. His mind some how going too fast to form any coherent thoughts, which at least kept his mortification about asking such a dumb question at bay. But he suddenly snapped back to himself when Connor started talking. Nikko had always found the other boy attractive he just never knew if the feelings were...mutual. "Boyfriend?" he asked tentatively and a bit surprised. He felt his face burn with Connor's attention fully on him and let out a small laugh. "I think I'd like that." he said softly.

As cool as he was trying to appear on the surface, Connor's insides were twisted with nerves. It would be easy for Nikko to turn him down, far too easy for him to have misread the entire situation, and then... then he didn't even know. So it was a big relief when Nikko agreed, and Connor felt his face split in a bright grin, unable to conceal his joy. "Cool." He said warmly, heart fluttering as the conversation sunk in. Nikko was his boyfriend. "Can I kiss you again?" He asked shyly.

Nikko almost wanted to laugh as Connor smiled at him. He bit his lip as he tried to calm down his own wildly beating heart. His ears were burning now, unsure what to do with all the feelings raging inside. He was glad he had at least a few more days together but he knew it would feel like forever from when Connor left until they were at school together again. He finally let out a laugh at the other boy's reaction and blushed again when he asked about kissing. "Well since you asked..." he said smugly before leaning down to kiss his boyfriend again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back