Summer Holidays...

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
So the summer was here once more, Harri couldn't believe another year had passed so quickly. It felt like just yesterday when she was an anxious first year waiting in line to be sorted. She sighed, this year had been by no means easy, it had presented it's fair share of problems, but they had all been solved and she had met some fantastic new friends along the way, as well as getting even closer to old friends.
She pulled her black, plastic sunglasses down her face and sat on her trunk staring at her childhood home. She hadn't been her in quite a while and so much had changed. Her mother wouldn't be floating thinking she was high and mighty, it would just be her, her dad and Tommy. She grinned that sounded perfect, of course James would be there, when was he ever not there looking out for her? And then there was the new addition. Luke, she couldn't wait to see him, but for now she sat outside in the sun just watching, she caught a glimpse of someone walking around inside, she grinned as she thought about hearing the voices of her three favorite people in the world.

Tommy strolled down the road, he had been told by Sam that he was to get home earlier then he usually would have done but as usual he was running late.
He tilted his head into the sun, for once the British summer wasn't too bad. He was about to turn up the drive when he caught sight of Harri sitting on her suitcase staring at the house.
"Hey trouble, you know you can go inside," he joked, pulling her into a huge bear hug. "How've you been?" he asked, pulling away and scanning over her face. He knew that this year had been pretty tough for her and he wanted to make sure she was okay.

"Tommy,"Harri squeled jumping into Tommy's hugs, "I've been fine," she said, it was a lie but at that moment she was so happy it could easily have been true, "How've you been?" she asked, "I heard you were expelled from HS. You idiot," she said laughing and punching his arm. She hugged him again out of pure happiness, "I've missed you so much," she said, her voice threatening to break. She couldn't go inside, not just yet and she knew Tommy would know that.

Im assuming this will be later that week or so?

Nina eagerly walked down to Harri's house, hand in hand with Alex. She was so glad to be seeing her friend again. As they walked she spotted Harri's house, she had sent her the address and a picture of what it looked like. Nina let Alex's hand go just before softly squeezing it to go run towards Harri's house. Nina eagerly knocked on her door. Basically jumping around eagerly as she waited for Harri to answer, the two of them had gotten extremely close aside from there age difference, that in Nina's opinion didn't matter with friends.

((Yup! Sounds good,))

Harri had been pottering around the house, ordering around her dad and Tommy and trying to make the house in an acceptable state for her friends arrival. She jumped as she heard the doorbell, she hoped that they would like her house, it wasn't huge but she had enough room that Alex could have his own room, as could Nina and Harri and Steph would have to share, she hoped that Steph wouldn't mind this.
She ran to the door and opened it eagerly, "Nina!" she squeled happily hugging her friend, "Hey Alex!" she said equally as excited and gave him a hug too. "Come in!" she said ushering them inside and into the living room.

((Some pictures of the house for you :D
4.jpg
The outside of the house.

Bridge%20House%20Interior.jpg
the dining room.

cgi_image_living_room.jpg
the living room.

image%5B21%5D.png

bedrooms2.jpg

daval_bedrooms.jpg
Bedrooms.

Nina hugged Harri back and squeeled joyfully, "Harri!" Nina let her go so she could greet Alex. When they were done hugging Nina smiled softly at him and walked into Harri's house with Alex and Harri who looked almost as eager as she was. Though as happy as she was to see Harri over the summer she couldn't wait for France with Alex. When in Harri's living room she was in shock and she said, "Harri your house is beautiful." Nina smiled at Harri then she softly turned her head to Alex.

Steph walked up to Harri's house, dragging a bag behind her.
When she reached the door, Steph knocked twice, and walked backwards a couple of steps, looking at the house. 'Wow.' She whispered, This place is beautiful, Steph thought to herself.

Nina turned her head when she heard someone knock on the door and teased sisterly, "Expecting someone else? Is it a boy..." Nina smiled at Harri then turned back to Alex and gave him a light hug, she was so happy that he had decided to come with her, this would be the best summer of her life and she knew it.

Alex had been walking at a casual pace when Nina ran ahead of him. Alex not bothering to run just walked up in time for the door opening. 'Hi'he said smiling. He noticed the house looked pretty big from the outside ,following Nina in. He stared amazed at the house inside. 'No, it's mansion'he said, jokingly, smiling. ALex heard the doorbell ring and looked at the door, thinking it was rather a quite sound.

Harri smiled, "Thanks Nina," she said, "It's been in my family for a long time," she said modestly shrugging, she punched Alex playfully on the arm, "Its not a mansion," she said shaking her head. "No not a boy." she said excitedly, "I think its Steph!" she said happily, she ran to the door and opened it, "Steph!" she siad happily hugging her friend tight, "Let me take your bag," she said taking it off of Steph, "Guys! Come meet Steph," she called through the living room, "I'll take you too your rooms," she called before turning back to Steph, "We have to share is that okay?" she asked anxiously, hoping Steph wouldn't mind, "If you want a room to yourself I can share with Tommy," she rushed.

Nina chuckled at her friend then she smiled and said, "Steph as in First Year Gryffindor? I believe we've met." Nina walked towards the door with Harri to see Steph and she smirked lightly, "Nice to see you again Steph."

Harri grinned, "Yes thats here! Great!" she said happily, though she looked at Nina questioningly when she smirked, "Huh?" she mouthed.

'Harri!' Steph said, when Harri opened the door, she hugged her back just as tight, 'Thanks,' She said quietly when Harri took her bag.
'Thats fine, it should be fun,' Steph smiled when Harri said they would be sharing.

Steph looked at Nina and smiled awkwardly, 'Im sorry about y'no the last time we met, i was i guess in a bad mood, thats how i let things out.' Steph tried to explain, she felt guilty about everything that had happened in the great hall all that time ago.

Nina gave Steph an awkward smile and said, "I'm sorry as well, I was being foolish to mess with a first year such as yourself." Nina gave the girl a little wink then she said in response to Harri's facial expression, "It's nothing Harri..."

Harri smiled at Stephs reaction to the news of sharing, she was glad that she hadn't wanted her own room, sharing with Tommy shouldn't be fun. Oh no I hope this doesn't make things awkward..she thought biting her lip as Nina and Steph exchanged apologies. "Good," she said, her eyes flicking from Nina to Steph, "Come on Alex!" she called through the living room, before beginning to walk up the staircase to her room, just then Bruce, her St.Bernard came trudging down the stairs, she laughed and put Stephs bag down to give him a hug, "I hope you all llike dogs!" she said laughing as Bruce nosely went up to the others to investigate. "Right to our rooms!" she said happily, picking up Stephs bag once more and walking up the stairs.
"Right Alex this is yours," she said opening the door and walking in.
daval_bedrooms.jpg
"I hope its okay, those wardrobes are empty," she said indicating the two last cupboards, before walking out of the room,
"Heres yours Nina," she said walking into one of the favorite rooms in the house,
image%5B21%5D.png

"I'm sorry its quite small," she said anxiously, looking out of the huge window which was basically the whole back wall, that was the reason it was one of her favorite rooms the view was stunning.
"Next is us!" she said to Steph turning on her heel she turned and smiled, "It won't be what you expect," she said grinning before she opened the door,
bedroom.jpg

"Now before you say anything," she began walking into her room, "I know it may look kinder minging to you," she rushed, "But my grandparents used to live here, the were loaded," she said laughing, "And once for a laugh they asked me what my dream bedroom would be, I was young and I said 'like out of a castle'," she said grinnning, "And before they died they built it for me!" she said, "I hope its okay," she said anxiously putting Stephs stuff down on the spare bed her dad had somehow arranged here. She walked through to the small sofa area and slumping down. "If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be living here right now!" she added she was grateful that her grandparents had left them this house, if they hadn't she would be living in a tiny flat somewhere.

Nina beamed at Harri's dog and said, "He's a cutie." Nina pet the dogs ear and it's tail started to wag harder before moving onto the next person and she smiled then she followed the others up stairs when they walked into the room Alex would be staying in, Nina's eyes widened slightly and she said, "Harri I think Alex was right you're house is like a mansion." Nina grinned playfully at Harri then smiled softly at Alex. Then she continued walking with the group. When they reached the room she would be staying in and her eyes were immediately drawn to the large window and she beamed at Harri and said, "Harri are you kidding me? This is beautiful!" Nina quickly set down her bags beside the bed then ran to catch up with the group, now walking hand in hand with Alex. When Harri opened the room to her door, her mouth formed a slight 'O' in surprise, she had never seen something like this, she felt like such a fool but she hoped that Harri would understand that she had never seen a house this extravagant, she lived in a Condo with her Grandmother while avoiding speaking to her parents at all cost. When Nina had realized she looked like this she blushed and firmly closed her mouth, she was quite speechless.

Harri smiled, "Oh I'm really glad you like it!" she said happily, "It is kinder big," she said nodding, "It was my grandparents house, and when they died they left it to us! Before I used to live in a three bedroom apartment in South London!" she said laughing nervously, " We would never have been able to afford something like this !" she said, she was eternally grateful to her grandparents for moving them out of that flat she just felt guilty she would never be able to say thank you to them.
" I should introduce you to my dad and Tommy, else you might think we have ugly burglers running around!" she said laughing, she gave one final glance to her room, blushing furiously when she realised that there was a pile of drawings right where they were standing, she hoped none of them had noticed them, they were good but she thought they were terrible, there was a picture of Bruce asleep with Jaspar, the ginger cat, curled on top of him. It had taken her hours, she had added every single detail, every speck of colour. But she didn't want anyone to see them, they might think they were bad.
She turned quickly on her heel and left the room, "DAAD! TOMMY!" she called, "Get your butts up here to meet our guests!" she said laughing.

Stephh laughed at Nina, 'I guess i was being a little.. well a lot of a idiot.'

Steph followed Harri up the stairs, she grinned when she say Harri's dog, 'This is the one you told me about last year! Remember, when i said i had a St.Bernard,' She beamed, she had missed Daisy so much since the argument with her parents last year. Steph fussed the dog and then walked behind Harri.
She peeped in Nina's room, 'wow its beautiful,' Steph murmured. Following Harri to their room, she looked in to the room, 'Oh my gosh! This room is amazing!' She squealed, looking around the room, she was about to look at Harri, when she noticed a couple drawings on the floor next to her, 'Harri they are awesome! Did you do them?' Steph asked Harri.

Steph was so absorbed in the drawings she nearly fell over when Harri called her father and cousin.

Harri blushed as Steph picked them up, "Yeah I did," she said embaressed and biting her lip, she saw the picture underneath one of her and Kevin, and she had to turn away again before her face was completely red. She pretended to be extremly interested in waiting for her dad and Tommy.

Tommy heard Harri calling him and walked up, "Harri I'm about to go out whats up?" he asked, walking up the stairs, he still couldn't believe they were living in this huge house. "Some of us have to work you know!" he said laughing, then he saw why she had called him up. "Oh hey guys!" he smiling, "I'm Tommy," he added with a wave, it always suprised him how she hung out with older kids, and one younger one by the looks of things. "Right I have to go work, if you need anything just ask her!" he said pointing at Harri and laughing.

Sam had literally just walked in the door when he heard Harri calling him, he knew her friends were coming around so he walked up the stairs to introduce him, seeing Tommy walking down the stairs, "You know your late for work right?" he said laughing as his nephew walked out the door. "Hey kids," Sam said with a friendly smile, giving his daughter a hug. "I'm Sam," he said, "Please make yourself at home," he added, "Anything you need don't hestitate to ask," he said, "And Harri, I'm going round to James' tonight? You don't mind do you? Tommy will be in and I won't be back late." he said.

Nina nodded her head at Steph and said, "I think we both were." Nina saw Harri's cheeks redden then saw a picture of her and Kevin and she said, "You made up? That's great Harri." Nina beamed at her friend then she turned her head towards the boy that had just popped his head in then she gave him a grin then a soft wave and said, "Nice to meet you Tommy, I'm Nina." Nina smiled at him then Harri's father came in and she smiled kindly at him but stayed silent.

Alex walked to see a young first year there. He smiled at her. 'Hi'he said to her before seeing a og coming towards them 'Hey'he said smiling it and giving it a good rub. He follwed the others before seeing the room he was in. 'It's great'he told Harri before putting his bag on the floor at the bottom of the bed, scared incase he broke anything. He soon caught up with Nina and they walked about searching for Harri's room. He noticed there were some drawings on the floor and Alex looked at them, wondering who drew that good. He didn't say anything though. He listened to Harri's explanation, staying quiet and jumped slightly when Harri yelled for people. He was stilghtly shocked Harri admitted to drawing the pics. He turned round when he heard someone walking up the stairs. 'Hi'Alex smiling at Tommy. He watched as he went before someone else came through the door. 'Thanks sir'Alex told Sam smiling before realizing what he said. Oopsies, Alex thought.

Harri looked at Nina a guilty expression on her face, whilst nodding, "I'll tell you about it later," she said quietly, she didn't fancy telling her here infront of her dad.
"Thats fine dad! Just make sure your back in time to make us dinner," she said winking, "Send Luke and James my love," she added before giving her dad a farewell hug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back