Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken entered his home, glad to be away from school. However, his father was not far behind him either. Jaken shouted, "Mom! Vasilka! We are home!" He expected Namina to come running from whatever room she was in to embrace him, but no one showed. He gave Kalif a weird look and walked further more into the living room. He set his trunk out of the way and against the wall. Jaken didn't see Vasilka or his mom anywhere. He soon grew worried, and wondered whether his father felt the same. Jaken asked Kalif, "Where is everyone?" Jaken was already relieved from the stress of the OWLs, but now his family wasn't around.

Kalif followed his son into his home. Kalif immediately noticed something different about his house. Namina didn't come, and he couldn't see the tragedy. Kalif stared at Jaken, and as he gave him a weird look, he turned away. Kalif closed the door behind him. Kalif flicked his wand, and Jaken's trunk went up the stairs and into Jaken's bedroom. He heard Jaken's question and answered it, with a hint of curiousness in it, "I don't know either." Kalif didn't feel as secure as normal. Kalif entered further into the living room, standing slightly behind his son. Kalif kept his wand out.

Vasilka walked down the stairs, once hearing the door open and then shut. Her eyes then spotted her dear cousin and uncle. Her color didn't return, but she felt like she could handle her depression easier now that time as past. She stepped onto the floor, and approached the men. She said coldly, "Welcome home."

Jaken grinned in relief once he saw Vasilka. She seemed to be getting better, and looked like the same Vasilka from his younger days. Jaken then asked, "Vasilka, where is mom? She should be here now! She always chokes me from her hugs. What is going on?" He noticed that his father still had his wand out. If Kalif had his wand out, that usually meant that there was something up. And Jaken didn't like it at all. His mother should be here. Jaken grew confused. He wondered whether his mom was hurt, or even... No, she was too kind-hearted. No one could possibly harm her...

Vasilka's grey eyes stared at the floor. She muttered, "Namina won't be here any longer..." She glanced up, showing the truth in her eyes. "She has gone to Germany. Father took up a fatal illness, and Mother is quitting the business and taking care of Father. Namina has gone to help, and run the business." Vasilka stared at Kalif.

Kalif watched Vasilka enter, and greet them. Great, the tragedy is here. He recalled their last talk, and dismissed it completely. He listed to Jaken, and rolled his eyes. Mother's boy... He then listened to Vasilka's explanation. Kalif felt anger rising. Why wasn't he informed? It was his wife! His business! Kalif pushed his anger aside, and demanded Vasilka, "And she left you here, all alone, in your condition?" He knew that Vasilka was still grieving, however, was she able to live out on her own? Kalif gave her a small smirk.

After hearing her, he remained silent. He knew that Kalif would be furious. Jaken stared at the ground. He wondered what was going on with Uncle Veylo. Jaken and Veylo's relationship wasn't close, but Jaken still cared. And if it was fatal, then when will he die? Jaken felt a pain, since Namina adored Veylo, and Iulia. He wished that his mother could have said goodbye first, before taking off. Kalif demanded an explanation from Vasilka. Jaken fought laughter. She was eighteen, and very well able to take care of herself. Although, with the loss that she had experience, this made Jaken wonder as well. He was too curious for his own good.

Vasilka snapped, "I have plenty of life experience to look out for myself, Kalif! You better wipe that smirk off your face, because I wasn't alone." Vasilka outstretched her arm, and pointed toward the dining room. Her face stayed apathetic. She knew who was here. And she knew that Kalif wouldn't be happy.

Asparuh listened in the dining room, while he was observing the decor. He had heard his grandson, and thought of how many years it has been since he saw Jaken. Asparuh smirked, while the family settled. He then heard Vasilka, and her harsh attitude. Asparuh turned and walked to the doorway. His eyes as dark as ever. He wore his swishing black robes. Asparuh held in his laughter, seeing that his son, Kalif, had more grey hair than he did. Asparuh stayed where he was, not even using his staff for support. His eyes caught Jaken, taking in his appearance. He had grown a lot over the past...how many years was it? Going on eleven, right? Asparuh said in his icy voice, "She has been in my care."

Jaken almost jumped when Vasilka snapped at Kalif. It was unexpected, and not like her. There was something different about Vasilka, and wondered what it was. Jaken couldn't believe she told Kalif off. Jaken noticed that she was pointing toward the dining room directly behind them. Jaken then heard the icy voice, something that only reminded him of when Kalif was more into his cold, unfeeling mood. It sent a shiver up his spine. Jaken turned around, and saw the man believed to be dead back in 2010. Jaken stared, wide-eyed at the man. He didn't look much different than he remembered. Jaken was too much in shock to say anything.

Kalif narrowed his eyes and stopped smirking. He didn't like her attitude. He was about to point his wand at her, however, he saw her point behind him. Kalif heard the icy voice and turned around. Kalif's face then went blank. He thought he was alive, but never expected him to be here. Kalif wished that he had died when he went on a rampage in the Bulgarian Ministry. Kalif put his wand away. He didn't know how to act in front of his father anymore. Kalif couldn't believe that the man looked as young as he did. Kalif muttered, "You trespassed into my home, faked your death, and now you return. What is your purpose for coming back?"

Vasilka then smirked, "I'll let you two catch up." She moved to sit on the couch, and observe the family reunion taking place. She like the idea of the only person who can boss Kalif around stand just ten feet from him.

Asparuh stared at Jaken, and felt disappointed. He looked more like his mother, and had that warm aura around him as well. However, he still had the Zhefarovich eyes. If he doesn't uphold the Zhefarovich name, then I'll just have to disown him from my family. Asparuh smirked, seeing Kalif's reaction. Asparuh folded his arms across his chest. Asparuh heard him speak, and said darkly, "I own this family. I did not trespass." Asparuh rolled his eyes, "I faked it to get press and the Ministries off my back, for good. It was successful. My purpose here is just observing the children, your children. Also, what was the reason you changed your name from the honorable Zhefarovich to Styx?" Asparuh held his fury inside.

Kalif didn't notice his son or his niece anymore. All his attention was upon Asparuh. Kalif glared at Asparuh, as he explained himself. Kalif looked away, to avoid rolling his eyes as well. Kalif had to act proper, for if Chavdar was to arrive... Kalif didn't think of what could happen. Kalif then gave Asparuh an answer, "It worked. It fooled all the family, included. Although, you did abandon the Death Eaters for the period of time. Were they upset with you once they found out your returned from the grave, so to speak?" Kalif grew interested to how his father pulled it off. "Ah, after ignoring them for many years. Do you honestly expect them to run to you, with open arms? You weren't exactly the lovable grandfather. I changed the last name because after you fled, the Ministry began getting suspicious of my actions. They must have low intelligence, considering that 'Styx' isn't a common name, and they completely dropped their suspicions, even after I still ran the business."

Jaken saw that Asparuh and Kalif were going to catch up on things, so he went to sit beside Vasilka on the couch. He observed Asparuh, and him saying that he owned the family disturbed Jaken. Jaken listened as the men talked back in forth. Once Kalif mentioned the Death Eaters, and confirmed that Asparuh was one apparently, Jaken muttered, "Not another one." However, he must give Asparuh some credit though. Asparuh faked his death, and it worked. Asparuh's disappointed look remained in his head. Jaken didn't understand why. What is the man, pureblood or something? Jaken thought. He didn't understand. He just remained quiet.

Asparuh listened to Kalif's explanations. No, they weren't good enough to be that. Excuses was a better word for this situation. Asparuh grew cold and furious to the excuses. Asparuh felt that Kalif didn't know where his loyalties rested. Kalif should know who was in charge when Asparuh was around. Asparuh narrowed his dark eyes and said darkly, "They knew better to be upset with me. They have seen my temper, or, at least, the ones who survived from my wrath. Even after ten years, I am still as powerful and energetic as before, if not more." Asparuh gave a short, cold laugh, "Whether or not they came running to me really doesn't matter to me. I am not affectionate, and I would have been a better grandfather if they were raised by the standards my father set. It goes back and back." Asparuh rolled his eyes and approached his son. "Just because of that, you changed your name? How pathetic of an excuse. You should have dealt with the ministry officials, at least, with the ones causing the ordeal in the first place."

Kalif stared into his father's cold eyes, wishing that he would vanish from here. What was he thinking? This was his territory, and he had no right. Even if he was head of the family. Kalif sighed, and grew to accept his father's leadership. "I suppose they wouldn't have lived through your wrath. Liyla didn't. You do remember her, right?" He wanted to get into the news about Chavdar hunting him down. "Blame Namina for slaying your standards. I wanted to raise them to be loyal Death Eaters. But none of your childrens' children are fond of the Dark Arts, now are they? You scarred Iulia for life, and Prodan has no children." Kalif didn't have anymore to say about his sudden name change. That was years ago, and didn't matter now.

Asparuh wondered what went through his son's head, marrying such a tramp. He didn't know how many times he had tried to kill her, however, his plans were futile, for they were stopped. Someone was always around to disarm him before saying the spell. "Liyla..." Asparuh snickered, remembering her. "Ah, I remember her. Such the beautiful woman. Shame she had to die." He said the last sentence with a sarcastic tone. "Why do you bring her up?" Asparuh glanced down, and then back to Kalif's eyes, his own eyes. "You forget Alessine. She adores the Dark Arts, although, I don't know how long she will live though. Women in that field tend to die at a young age." Asparuh narrowed his eyes, "Iulia was a weak minded female. Prodan is just the same." So, Kalif doesn't know about the Devearux family. Asparuh smirked, "Prodan did have children."

Kalif smirked a bit, seeing that Asparuh remembered Liyla so well. Kalif also knew that Asparuh had murdered Liyla too. Although, his reasoning was unclear. Kalif stated, "She had a son by you. Chavdar. Remember him? Only then will I explain my curiosity as to bringing her up." Kalif never liked the witch, in any case. Kalif's eyes flared as Asparuh spoke so negatively about his daughter. "You let her read about the Dark Arts? Father, the Dark Arts at her age is very dangerous. If she says one ancient spell wrong, she could kill herself." Kalif then heard Asparuh's last statement. "He did?"

Asparuh stopped smirking and changed to his serious tone, which usually struck fear into most normal people. "Yes, I remember Chavdar. I sent him to the orphanage. Why is that you even remember the little boy?" He didn't feel like insulting the kid. Asparuh nodded slightly, his tone still serious, "Prodan is keeping a close eye on her. She isn't allowed her wand until she is of age to do magic outside of school, or home-school if you will. And yes, Prodan had two children. The names of them are no matter. The Devearux, the family of Ministry workers in France. Prodan's offspring came from that filthy family. They are not in this family."

Vasilka listened intensely, curious. Then, she discovered that Prodan had children, something even she didn't know about. She shook her head. Vasilka remained silent, and ignored Jaken's presence sitting beside her on the couch.

Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and informed, "He is back. I must warn you, he is hunting you down for explanations, and possibly revenge. I am not sure whether he is evil like us or not." Kalif listened intensely to his father. Kalif finally looked relieved, although, his face remained indifferent. Kalif grew curious about the Devearux family. He asked coolly, "Why aren't they with this family? Are they...unsuitable, so to speak?" Kalif then wanted to know about his new niece and his only nephew. He wondered whether they acted like the Zhefarovich's in any manner.

Asparuh smirked, having a wicked scheme planning, "Ah, a full grown Zhefarovich still remaining. I'll let him find me, give him answers, and maybe..." He cut himself off. A Zhefarovich always has dark blood running in them, no matter how much they try to run. For Chavdar, it works on both ends. Both sides were legions of dark witches and wizards. Asparuh was curious if he could influence Chavdar to join the Death Eaters, and take his place. Asparuh's thoughts were interrupted once Kalif questioned about the Devearux family. "Prodan had a long distance relationship, and was doomed to be wed with two children already. They were french. I have seen the boy. He is too much like his dear mother. The daughter though, she could have great potential." Asparuh's mouth twisted into a wicked grin.

Kalif stared at Asparuh, and grew curious to what Asparuh meant. His glanced at the children listening in. Kalif sighed and shook his head. This was important matter, and must be discussed privately. After Asparuh finished, Kalif turned his gaze back to him, and walked to stand just inches from him. Asparuh still proved to be taller than Kalif. Kalif said in a hushed tone, though it sounded more like a hiss, "Maybe we should talk affairs in another room. These children shouldn't be listening." Kalif turned and left the room, to go into the office. He knew that Asparuh would follow, and Kalif would lock the door magically.

Asparuh narrowed his eyes at his son, as he did not answer. In fact, Asparuh wanted to back away as his son approached him. After Kalif said what was needed, Asparuh nodded, and followed Kalif into the office, to talk more privately, so the others wouldn't eavesdrop. Asparuh locked the door behind him, not waiting for Kalif to enchant it, for he did it himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back