Summer at the Lakehouse

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Vivienne had been really excited about the holidays ahead. A week earlier, she'd invited her friends to come stay with her at the lake. Packing her trunk, she noticed how she mainly had winter clothes for Hogwarts, even though the rest of New Zealand would be in the middle of summer. Hoping there'd be clothes already at the house, she locked her trunk and headed out with everyone else to catch the train.

After a long train ride to the station, Vivienne was picked up by a taxi, and driven home. Stepping out of the long black car, Vivienne pulled off her thick winter jacket. As the driver followed her with the trunk, she took in her surroundings; she hadn't been to the lake for a few years. Thanking the taxi driver, Vivienne unlocked the door and asked him to leave the trunk there. As soon as she stepped inside, she was caught in a bear hug by Lana, unable to close the door behind her. After talking for a while, Vivienne ran up to her bedroom, and pulled open the wardrobe to find it full of clothes. she smiled at Lana, grateful to her for thinking ahead. She put on a white dress and went into the bathroom to freshen up. Looking in the mirror, Vivienne sighed, wondering if she'd see her parents this summer.

The House:

The Lakehouse

Front entrance (other side)

Second story looking down onto first story lounge

Part of a lounge

Pool area/pool house

Vivienne's room

Second bedroom

Third bedroom

Parent's room

Kitchen/dining room

Bathroom

Elizabeth and Adrian had just arrived at the airport from Japan. Excited to see Vivienne, yet tired from the flight, Elizabeth fell asleep in the car ride to the lake house. As she was sleeping soundly, Adrian glanced at her, thinking about the toll their schedule had taken. A while later, Elizabeth was woken when the car glided slowly up the driveway. Yawning, she pulled out a mirror and did a last minute touch up of her makeup, wanting to look presentable for her daughter. As Adrian and the driver started taking bags out of the car, she pulled out a key and went to unlock the door.

Vivienne had been lazing on the couch, catching up with Svetlana, when she heard a car pull up the driveway. Someone's early.. she thought, wondering which friend it could be. Walking over to the window, the parted to the curtain to see her parents getting out of a car. With a large grin on her face, Vivienne ran and opened the door just as her mother was pulling out the key. "Muuuuuummm!!!!!" she yelled, ambushing her with a hug even larger than Lana's. She spotted her father walking up towards them, and she ran to hug him too, knocking the bags he was holding to the ground. "Daaaaaaadd!!!! So where did you go this week? What was it like? Tell me everything!!" Vivienne said in one breath. She hadn't seen or heard from her parents in months, and had missed them even more than usual.

"Woah, steady on there!" Adrian laughed, as he was almost bowled over by an incoming tornado. Svetlana came out and hugged them both, and Adrian picked up the bags, ushering everyone inside. Sinking into a fat armchair, he hugged his daughter and pulled her onto his knee. "Well.. look at you!" he smiled, noticing how much Vivienne had changed since he'd seen her last. "Japan, by the way. We were in Japan this week. Just boring business stuff.. checking in on suppliers. Anyway, enough work talk! No more mention of work for the rest of the week." Adrian smiled, and motioned for Elizabeth to come sit down next to them.

Elizabeth smiled and sat on the armchair next to Adrian. "Yes, no talking about work for a whole week. After that we have to head off to France, but we might be back by the end of the holidays," she said patting her daughter's knee. "Anyway, how's Hogwarts? Have you settled in ok? And who are we expecting to come, I don't want this to be a big house party!" Elizabeth said in a motherly tone. "And the office is off-limits, your father and I have some very important documents in there."

Vivienne grinned. A whole week with her parents. She couldn't remember having that for at least two years. And her friends were coming too, so this was bound to be the best summer ever. "Japan? Wow, what's it like there?" she asked curiously. "And Hogwarts? Oh, it's so amazing.. it's totally indescribable. I had a snow ball fight! My first time doing that, it was so fun. Hogwarts is just so awesome.." she smiled, thinking of the fun she'd already had in just one semester. "Well, Arisa and Arianna and coming.. and I think Aeon, Kida and Sern might be coming.. and maybe a few others, I'm not sure. But trust me, everyone's really nice so there won't be trouble." Vivienne laughed, her statement only half true. When you put her friends in a room, there was bound to be trouble.

Adrian smiled, he was pleased that Vivienne was enjoying school. "Japan's lovely. The scenery, the food, the culture; it's all wonderful, I know you'd love it there," he said, looking at his wife. They would have to plan a non-work-related trip one day, just the three of them. As Adrian was about to describe the city lights, his phone rang. Glancing at the number, he sighed and flipped it open. "Gary, this better be an emergency. We're off-duty for the next week." he said into the phone, the tiredness showing in his voice. Vivienne strained her ears, trying to hear what was going on.

Mr Esquire, I'm sorry for calling but I have bad news. The advertising meeting has been moved up to Monday. You'll have to leave for France today.
"What? They can't just do that! Tell them it's impossible."
I'm sorry, Mr Esquire. I've tried everything to make them reconsider, but they say they'll either see you on monday, or never. They'll end all ties with the Esquire brand if you don't fly out today.

Vivienne frowned, wondering what her father would do. Would he just leave now? And disappoint her yet again? Adrian sighed even deeper, rubbing his forehead. he got up and paced across the room.

"Send Jenny or Bill, they can do it easily."
They said they'll only see the head of the company, anyone lower and the deal's off. I'm sorry to ruin your holiday, but this is a big deal. We lose this, and we lose half of western Europe.
"Book a flight then, we'll be at the airport in an hour."

Adrian hung up the phone and shoved it in his pocket. "I'm so sorry Vivienne, but this is very important for work. This negotiation means alot to the Esquire Empire. We'll be back for the end of the summer, hopefully." he said, turning to Svetlana. He whispered something about his credit card, thinking that would make up for the disappointment Vivienne felt. Elizabeth sighed and hugged Vivienne tightly. "We best be off now then.. I'll miss you." she said, grabbing her bag and kissing Vivienne on the forehead. Adrian did the same, and headed out to the car. As quickly as they had arrived, they were gone.

Vivienne's mouth hung open as she blinked and her parents were gone. "I'll miss you too.." she whispered. I'll miss you? I'll miss you? Not even an I love you.. she thought, slightly bitterly. Vivienne wanted to be suprised, she wanted this to feel like this was a first. But it wasn't. She was used to this, it was nothing new. Giving Svetlana a small smile, she got up and started walking swiftly around the house, trying to busy herself with making sure the house was perfect for her friends.

(( Ok, from here the guests can turn up. If you want to be invited, just PM mehh :D ))

Arisa was having the busyest holiday of her life and her next stop was Vivs house. She had gone home for a bit to wash her things and repack. Her grandfather was driving her there with his old bug, he called it herby for some unknown reason. "Grandpa, you dont mind im spending so much time with other witches and wizards do you?" Arisa asked thinking of how he was the one who insisted she be raised as a muggle for the first few years of her life.

Dustin was driving Arisa to her friends house in his old car. He loved this old thing. Dustin looked about at all the huge houses and wondered what kind of friends Arisa was making. When she asked her question he frowned. "Why of course I'm not!" He replied in a hurt tone "im glad your making friends" He said with a smile. They reached the address Arisa had given him and he looked up at the huge house. "Arisa sweetie, are you sure this is the right house?"

Vivienne had been rearranging the mantlepiece when she heard another car come up the driveway. "Hopefully it's someone reliable this time." she muttered quietly. Walking to the door, she saw an old looking car parked just outside. Woah cool car! she thought, remembering one summer when her father had taught her a little bit about cars. Walking out to greet them, a grin spread across her face as she realised that is was Arisa - one of Vivienne's best friends - and an older man sitting in the car. "Arisaaa! Welcome!!" she smiled, waiting for Arisa to get out so she could hug her.

A huge smile came across Arisa's face. "Yes this is the right place" Arisa said excitedly before jumping out of the car and hugging Viv. "Hey Viv! I missed you!" Arisa exclaimed. "This is my grandfather" She said with a smile.

Dustin shook his head at the girls exchange. She grabbed Arisa's things from the trunk and put them on the lawn. He looked around. This place was amazing. When Arisa intorduced him he smiled at the two girls. "Nice to meet you Vivienne"

Vivienne laughed and hugged Arisa back. "I missed you too! Even though it's only been a few days.. I hope you brought lots of summer clothes, it's going to be a hot summer!" she smiled, she loved the lake this time of year. "Nice to meet you too, Mr.. Havishmen I presume? Thank you for letting Arisa come to stay, she'll be looked after very well I can assure you." Vivienne said formally, curtsying slightly. It may have seemed weird to other people, but she'd always been told to speak with adults that way. Svetlana rushed out and started carrying Arisa's trunk into the house. She was remarkably strong for a small lady. "Come inside! Would you like to stay for a drink, Mr Havishmen?" Vivienne asked, moving up to the door.

Dustin was a little surprised at how formal Vivienne was for someone so young, the complete opisit of Arisa. "No thank-you my dear i really had be getting back, christmas shopping to do" He said with a sigh. He really did hate shopping but Hope had promised they would take the broom and not do that disapearing thing that he found so uncomfortable. He wished they could take the car more but he had to admit flying was faster. He hugged Arisa one last time. "dont get into to much trouble" He whisperd before heading back to the car.

Arisa waved as her grandpa left. "love ya!" She called as her drove away. She ran to catch up with Viv. "were going to have so much fun" Arisa said with an evil grin. "so where are your parents?" Arisa asked looking around amazed at the huge house.

"Ok, it was nice meeting you, Mr Havishmen!" Vivienne waved, turning to Arisa. "Oh, my parents left for France about ten minutes ago.. But that means no parents!" she laughed slightly. "The only adult around here is Lana, and even though she's in charge, we'll be able to do whatever we want. Muahaha!" Vivienne smiled evily. "So, do you want a tour of the house?" she asked, pulling Arisa down the hall.

"Sure" Arisa answered. "This house is amazing" Arisa said looking around. She was beginning to feel a little insecure about her house, it was just a simple farm house and a shack compared the Esquire and Summer homes. "I cant wait to show you my list of things ive always wanted to do if i was left alone in a huge house" Arisa said with a giggle.

"Thanks, I love it here." Vivienne smiled as she looked around. "Ok.. Hall, lounge, kitchen, dining room, bathroom, other lounge.. the guest bedrooms, parent's, Lana's etc.." she said, showing Arisa each room. "Aaand, my room. You'll be sleeping in here." Pulling open the wardrobe, she stepped in and turned to Arisa. "And we're well stocked on clothes for.. ever!" Walking downstairs and out the french doors by the lake, Vivienne pointed. "This is the lake, obviously.. we can go swimming or kayaking, windsurfing. Ooh we should go jetskiing!" she clapped her hands, her face lighting up. Jetskiing was one of her favourites. She then lead Arisa around the other side of the house. "This is the pool area.. ooh we should stay out in the pool house a night or two! It's sound proof so we won't get told off for being loud." Vivienne laughed, lying back on a deck chair. "So.. what do you think? What would you like to do first."

(( :o Don't be insecure! I love shacks :D ))

Arisa was amazed by the size of Viv's closet. Once they were outside and Viv asked what they should do Arisa thought for a bit. "how about swiming" Arisa said with a smile. She loved to swim she was very good at it too.

"In the pool? Okay, did you bring a swimsuit?" Vivienne asked, getting up to head back to her room. "If you don't, there's some new ones in my room. I haven't worn them, so you can have one if you want." she smiled, walking through the kitchen.

Arisa followed her friend. She had been swimming in a pool once before for a birthday party but mostly she was used to swimming in ponds rivers or lakes. "I have a bathing suit" She said once they were up to Viv's room. She pulled out her black bikini and went to the washroom to put it on. Once she had changed she walked out "what do ya think? i just got it" She said with a smirk to indicate that her grandparents or mother didnt know about it.

"Yeah, you like really good!" Vivienne laughed. "Whether your family would approve, however, is a different answer all together!" she closed herself in the wardrobe, and rooted around until she found a swimsuit that wouldn't show her stomach. Ever since a gossip writer had called her the "porker of the party" at an event when she was ten, Vivienne had been a bit self-concious. Pulling her dress back over it, she came out and gave Arisa a smile. She grabbed some towels and magazines and pulled Arisa outside again.

Arisa laughed when Viv commented on her parents liking it or not. "Viv thats really pretty on you" She said with a smile. Once they were out side again Arisa went straight for the pool. She did a perfect swan dive into the clear water and waited for Viv to join her.

Aeon was flying towards Vivienne's house on his broom, The wind blowing his hair in different directions. Arisa had left his house just before and now he was going to Vivienne's for a while. When he got there he saw them out in Viv's pool, Her house was pretty big like his he noticed. Aeon zoomed down towards them and hovered over the water. "Heya girls!" He said cheerfully, grinning at them both happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back