Styx and stones can break our bones...

Jaken warned Estrella playfully, "Chuck that pickle, and I will burn all the other pickles in the house." He winked at her, to let her know that he was just kidding. He gave her a quick hug, and he turned to smile at the guest. "Jaken Styx, pleasure to meet you." He folded his arms across his chest, but her next statement hit him like a hammer. That was not what he was expecting to hear. Sure, he looked like his dad, but how would she know? Jaken raised an eyebrow at her, "Okay, how do you know what my father looks like? Are you a relative of Estrella's, and ran into my father, or what?" Jaken was not being mean, but he was being serious. This was a big coincidence, after all.

Judging from the young mans reaction, he wasn't expecting her to say something like to him, they even did the same facial expression when they were curious about something, it was adorable. Covering her mouth so she could attempt to stifle her giggles, she tried to think of a way to ease this in so the poor boy wouldn't die of shock. "Okay, so your dad had these wicked f*cking awesome gloves that I really wanted and....okay I'm totally kidding." She had to stop halfway so she wouldn't fall to the floor laughing, plus it was totally a lie and this boy needed to hear the truth, even if he wasn't going to like it and she was probably going to get yelled at for this.

"Umm actually, ever wanted another little brother?" She asked as she scratched her cheek and blinked innocently at him, she was trying her best to remain on his good side. The poor boy was going to deserve it after this.

Jaken gave her an odd stare as she somewhat explained herself. He failed to see the humor in it, but he was not upset over it either. He was just suspicious. Jaken shrugged when she said that she was kidding. If that had been the truth, then that would not have been a good thing. Jaken knew his dad would probably just turn around and walk away from her if she pulled that stunt on him. However, it was her question that threw him off. Jaken shook his head, "Not particularly. I have Kaleb, and that is enough, plus mom died, so I can't ask for another brother. Why?" Jaken frowned, and he wondered where was all this going? This surprise turn-around made Jaken slightly uncomfortable.

This boy was definitely not going to be pleased with the whole situation, he failed to even see the slightest humor in anything she said really. Perhaps he was a bit too worried or suspicious for his own good, but he was definitely not setting off an aura that showed he was at comfortable. 'Better just get this out and quick.' The only issue now was that she was a bit worried he would snap, he already seemed like a bundle of nerves and so far all she had told him was that she thought he looked like his father. With a heavy sigh she rubbed her cheek as she tried to think of a way to word this to him without sounding like a creep. "Listen, I'm just going to cut to the chase here." Nicolette started after a moment. She figured just coming right out and telling him would be best, and if things truly got crazy, she would be prepared for any situation, well...maybe.

"I'm five months pregnant with your little brother, Damianos Gavril Styx." She stated slowly but with boldness behind it, she wanted it to sink in that this wasn't a joke. Most everyone she ended up bumping into and telling, always gave her a strange reaction. Nicolette was unsure if it was the fact that the fact that the father was Kalif, or if it was her that set people off. She winced slightly when she felt Damianos kick her from inside, he was already disliking the situation.

Jaken nodded, when she said that she was just going to cut to the chase. It was about time anyhow. though Jaken. However, he just hoped that it wasn't anything to really stress over. But those words, what she said so boldly and slowly, it caused alarm to be written all over his face. He was going to have a brother, that was going to be younger than his own son? This was crazy, but then again, the Zhefarovich family was prone to do such things. But his father actually...did that with this woman? She did not seem like the type Kalif would really go for. Jaken shook his head and he said, "Okay, I think I have heard what was needed. Estrella...I'm going to go upstairs." He gave her a kiss on the forehead, before turning and leaving the kitchen. Jaken could not bear to even look at Nicolette after that.

Nicolette gave Jaken the oddest stare, she found it odd how calmly he reacted and seemed to not care when he so obviously did. Pushing herself away from the counter she was leaning on she quickly followed after him, as fast she could with her big belly anyways, reaching it was then that she noticed he was just as much of a beast in height as the rest of his family. "Wait, so your just going to walk away?" She asked with curiosity and slight annoyance, she had been wondering what he would say about him having another little brother, but instead he just keeps it in and walks away. Nicolette realized that Jaken might be upset and such, but keeping it in was the worst thing someone could do for themselves, anger and hurt always build up over time anyways.

"Your not even going to bother to let anyone know how you feel about this are you?" Men often had the hardest time letting people know they were upset, which Nicolette thought was childish, but it was beyond her control. Point of this was, whether good or bad, she wanted to know how he felt and if Jaken was about to turn into a complete psycho from this or something, due to shock or something.

Jaken put his hand on the banister of the stairs, and started to ascend when he heard Nicolette. Those words, it hit him just like the news. She was some stranger in the family now, and she was consoling him? Jaken murmured, “To state the obvious, I am just going to walk away.” Jaken turned his head to stare at the woman, cold in his eyes, lack of sympathy. Yet, beyond that mask was hurt, depression, and grief. Jaken shook his head, “I might let those that are close to me, like Estrella, but not you. Carrier of my brother or not, I don’t feel like I need to converse with someone that has not been known to me for more than five minutes.” Jaken turned his back on the pregnant woman, and he continued to ascend the stairs.

Estrella chomped on her bottom lip. She had remained silent throughout the entire exchange; whether or not that was a good course of action was debatable. The younger woman did not follow after her husband. Jaken obviously needed some time to himself. At the very least, their visitor had not thrust an infant into his arms. Trying to divert from the situation, she flicked her wand at one of the drawers, summoning a number of dirt-bathed potatoes. "Do you like mashed, or do you have a preference?" the brunette meekly inquired of the blonde.

Nicolette shook her head at the boy and his lack of emotion to the situation, she supposed she would leave him alone for now seeing as there wasn't much else she could do except smack him across the head. "Dang, even Hades is easier to talk to than that kid." Nicolette stated as she shook her head and gave Estrella a soft smile, the poor woman must be feeling a bit stressed out right about now. She didn't mean to bring trouble into the house like that, then again it wasn't all her fault that Jaken wasn't exactly working with her.

"Sorry about that and um I like them baked!" Nicolette sat back on the counter again and pat her stomach, at least Estrella was okay with it, or she acted like she was. Niccy liked her for that and was almost compelled to come by and visit them someone once she's had the baby so she could meet Estrella's child as well, they were sort of family now anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back