Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
It was about time that Estrella got out of the house. Sure, she didn't always mind sitting around and eating to her heart's content, but boredom usually plagued her before long. She ventured outside to shake herself of this disease, her pockets heavy with galleons and wand close by. No one bothered the walking marshmallow on her way to the local wizarding shopping center.

She usually didn't visit the small town for two reasons; she didn't know the area well, and her Russian was horrendous. And when she did, she usually didn't buy anything. It was painful to try and buy anything. The way her belly was growing, however, it was evident that she needed bigger clothes. Unzipping her coat to allow some breathing room, she slipped into a robe shop. She had to fight the temptation to smile at the woman behind the counter, knowing she would only receive disapproval in return.

Becoming so immersed in her hunt for clothes, Estrella didn't even think to look before moving to a new rack. She let out an all too familiar oof as she smacked into another woman with her plump belly. "Sorry!" she exclaimed quickly, correcting the slip with sloppy Russian upon realizing she had used English. Her hands gravitated to her stomach, making sure that everything was okay. The only thing that hurt the girl was her own embarrassment.

Whoever said Pregnancy was a beautiful thing, obviously didn't have as much common sense as people gave them for. Because beautiful was the last thing Nicolette was feeling as of late, she felt moody, fat, sick, and pretty much like the entire world was out to get her in as many ways as possible. Aside from always feeling yucky, she had to say inside the Styx Manor and was only allowed outside with permission, which wasn't exactly given for her to be roaming around outside in Russia today, but what Kalif doesn't know won't hurt him. Nicolette needed a day out to catch some air and walk around a bit, she missed the outdoors and the faces of strangers so much that it almost seemed surreal for her to be out and about, especially in Russia, the place she originated from.

"I guess a little shopping won't hurt either." Being four months pregnant was a little rough of her body, and her clothing. So she was always looking for a new excuse to buy some clothes. So without a second thought to as where she was going, she headed inside a Robe shop that didn't seem the least bit familiar to her. Once inside she gave a wave to the woman behind the counter and began to scan the racks of clothing for something that she thought looked appealing, and would actually be able to fit her during her pregnancy. Just as she was about to to turn around and check another rack when she felt someone smack into her. "Whoa, slow down, I promise I'll leave some clothes left for you." Figuring that this girl was a native to Russia, she spoke clearly and quickly in russian. It wasn't until she stopped speaking that she noticed the other girl appeared to be pregnant as well.

Estrella's features were swept with the broom of confusion. She shook her head, trying to convey that she didn't understand. Embarrassment anchored her stomach to the floor. The young witch was a total mess as she tried to formulate a response, her tongue betraying her. Defeated, she managed to spurt out a poor apology in the language she couldn't grasp, returning to English. "I don't know what you're saying."

She looked back at the woman apologetically, hoping that she wouldn't take much offense. It had been an accident, after all. A closer look revealed that the other witch was pregnant, too.

Nicolette's golden eyes widened slightly when the struggling girl finally seemed to break down and stick to English, which also happened to be a language that Niccy knew all to well. A small chuckle escaped her lips, when the woman looked at her apologetically, it almost seemed like she thought that Nicolette was actually mad about it or something. "You look like a sad little puppy, It's alright...I take no offense to be bumped." Nicolette spoke in clear English, amusement lacing her voice. The girl looked to be very young compared to her, and way more pregnant, the poor dear had no reason to be sorry.

"It seems were both in a similar state here, I'm Nicolette Hensel." The young girl easily charmed her so she thought it would be rude if she simply walked off without telling the girl her name. Plus she was slightly curious as to why someone who could barely speak Russian, was wandering around here in Russia...and alone on top of it. Sure Niccy was alone and pregnant, but she knew she was capable of defending herself if needed.

A sad little puppy? Estrella could not help smiling at the woman, even though she was a stranger. She'd found out early on that Russians did not usually smile at people they didn't know. The brunette considered herself lucky; at least she wasn't getting scolded at the moment. "I'm not a puppy," she chortled, "And I'm not sad... but my name's Estrella."

She nodded, trailing her finger along the nearest rack before snatching a purple set of robes. She couldn't believe how much fabric went into her clothing these days. Spinning the hanger about to get a better look at the thing, she sighed and placed it back. "When are you due?" she asked, hoping the question didn't come off as rude or intrusive. The only pregnant woman the eighteen year old had been around as of late was her stepmother.

Nicolette smiled, glad that the girl was being so friendly to her when they had only met a few moments ago. Especially when Nicolette had a strong knack for meeting rude people, they often made the best friends, but were always the hardest to crack open. "Estrella is such a pretty name." Nicolette almost felt like she had heard the name mentioned before, but couldn't really dot where she had. Then again the girl looked really young, so maybe she was an acquittance of Alyssa, Theo, or Pat. With a small shrug she followed the girls suit and started to search through the racks for robes that would fit.

"Not until June. You?" June actually seemed so far away yet so close at the same time. She was nervous about having a baby, but at the same time she knew she would be relieved once Damianos was born and she had to stop worrying over herself so much. "Do you know the gender yet?" Nicolette asked curiously, she was odd curious as to what gender the other girl was having. She knew so many people having babies lately, and a good chunk of them were girls.

"Thank you! I think Nicolette is a pretty name too," Estrella pointed out, pink tinging her cheeks. She rummaged through the rack she had gotten to, her efforts fruitless as she reached the last shirt. There was nothing in that section that she would ever be caught dead in. She was awfully picky for someone who usually never left the house.

Estrella didn't even look up from her new selection. "April 1st," she snorted. She hoped for her child's sake that she wouldn't be born on April Fool's Day, but there was no picking and choosing when the kid could come. Hell, the kid had already established its territory in the young woman's belly. Estrella would sometimes swear the baby was trying to show her who was boss. "And June, that's wonderful. Kid's lucky to have a summer birthday." Nodding, she told Nicolette the gender. It wasn't something that she usually told people, but this woman was pretty much a stranger. "And you?"

Nicolette giggled when she heard the date of Estrella's baby, that was certainly an interesting date to be born on, especially if you liked to laugh and make pranks on others. "April 1st eh? Your kids gonna be born with the ability to make others smile then." She gave the young girl a bubbly smile, Nicolette herself was one of those people born with the contagious smiling ability. That also made her very unwilling to hate and scar others, how she was able to be a Death Eater she would never know, perhaps it was the darkness in her that fueled it. Remembering that she still had the mark she glanced down at her covered arm before she smirked and went back to shuffling through clothes.

"I'm having a boy. Damianos Gavril Styx." She shook her head, figuring that Estrella would agree with her if she had said that the baby was awful bossy and needy. He got waht he wanted, or Nicolette suffered until he did.

Estrella laughed. "I can only hope; even if it isn't that date," she mused. She couldn't help smiling back at Nicolette. Infectious grins were just that; an infection. The younger of the two would likely be diseased throughout this whole encounter. She grabbed a yellow and black outfit, admiring the cut. Maybe this was one she would try; even if it might make her look like a giant duck.

Her old friend, Surprise, made his entrance at that moment. As always, she couldn't contain him. "Damianos is a neat name." She gulped nervously. "Maybe our kids are cousins or something."

Nicolette stared at Estrella with a raised eyebrow and look on her face that clearly meant she had no clue what the younger girl was talking about. "Why would you say that?" Her eyes shifted lightly and she suddenly felt a bit weirded our around the girl. Their children are cousins, what in the world could that possibly mean?! Placing the clothing on the rack she eyed Estrella as if she was going to be murdered or something and made careful notice to take a step or two way from her. "Are you some sort of sketch? Because I get enough of that at home." By that she meant, well....okay so she knew a lot of sketchy people, but that was besides the point, she was curious about who this was exactly and if she should just knock her out now before things got bad. Maybe she was being punk'd like on that tv show that Cecily lived to watch?

Estrella peered back at Nicolette, wondering what had warranted such odd behavior. "I just thought... uh, well, I'm one too." After realizing what she had said had probably made zero sense to the blonde, the brunette scrambled to fix things. "I'm sorry if that was too forward of me. Uhm... I'm Estrella Styx." She extended her hand, hoping that Nicolette wouldn't stun her or cast some brutishly nasty hex. A sketch? What in the world is a sketch?

Still giving her a skeptical look with large golden eyes, Nicolette completely was shocked to hear that Estrella too was also a Styx. Bringing a hand up to push some of her blonde hair out of the way and rested her head on her hand as thoght about the situation. After a moment of pondering her eyes shot open; "Oh dear god..." She shook her head and tried her best not to snicker. She didn't look like one of Kalif's kids, but goodness knows that this man already had a lot of kids.

"Do you know...Kalif Styx?" Nicolette asked with an amused look, boy was he going to get bothered when she gets back. Then again..did she really want to bother him after she snuck out...probably not.

Estrella grimaced at the price tag on the set of robes she had taken a fancy to. Beauty had its prices; high, high prices. She searched the grooves in the fabric, trying to find her escape from the awkwardness that had passed between them. "Yeah, I know him," she muttered, with a hint of a gulp. "He was the Herbology professor at the school I attended; and he's my father-in-law." Even if he'd unwillingly become a father-in-law. Last time she had seen Kalif, the man probably wouldn't have objected to sticking her head on a pike. She was not looking forward to having to confront him in the future. The only thing she could really do was hope he had calmed down a bit.

Well this day probably couldn't get any weirder. Not only was Estrella taught by him, but he was her father-in-law. Turning her head to the side she let out a small snort, not being able to hold in her amusement any longer. Kalif truly had probably the most intertwined life she had ever dealt with, was there any way of her going around not meeting someone who knew this man? "Oh boy...." she muttered as she tried not to laugh again, this was amusing yet awkward.

"Ummm...Kalif is Damianos' father." Her eyes shifted around as she tried not to look at Estrella and laugh, this was certainly going to be an interesting story to explain to Cecily nex

Estrella chuckled nervously, her smile minute. Did Jaken know about his newest sibling? No, he didn't. She didn't have to give that question any thought, not when the answer had lain itself at her feet. "Well; I guess you learn something new every day, right?" The younger of the two held the yellow robes up to her body. They weren't too painfully bright and looked like they would fit, but she wanted to try them out first. With a sigh, she started to dig through the clothing racks again. "Have you met Jaken yet?" she wondered, thinking that she probably knew the answer to that question too. Estrella did know one thing; she was going to do all she could not to leave her husband in the dark. She owed that much to him after once blinding his eyes with wool.

Hesitantly Looking back into the racks of colorful clothing, Nicolette barely caught onto Estrella's nervous laugh. That's so far the nicest reaction she's gotten yet from anyone who happened to find out about Kalif being the father, then again most of the people that found out weren't exactly fond of him either. As she continued to search through the colored robes, she hear Estrella ask if she had met Jaken yet, who she assumed was Kalif's son due to Estrella being Kalif's daughter-in-law. "No I don't think I have." Jaken would probably be the only child of his that she had yet to meet, except for the one that died. And as nervous as she always was, it would probably be good to explain and make herself known, it always saved less drama for later.

"He won't be angry about this will he?" Nicolette knew very well that the boy would have every right to be angry with her, but she wanted to be prepared ahead of time if there was going to be tears or yelling involved.

Yanking a pale blue set from the rack, Estrella pursed her lip thoughtfully. She'd kept enough secrets from Jaken. Now that the weight had been lifted from her chest, she was not eager to welcome it back again. Her husband was an adult, and he had a right to know about his new sibling. He deserved the truth. It was then and there that Estrella resolved not to bury the situation and hope it would never be dug up. "You want to?" she asked, putting on a casual air. Inviting a stranger into her home wasn't the smartest move; but given the circumstances, this lady wasn't a stranger at all; right?

Grimacing at the rhinestones choking the collar of the newest outfit she had grabbed, she put it back. "I don't know," she answered truthfully. "But I think a sibling is something that shouldn't be kept a secret." She had to catch herself from saying to word baby instead; she might be a hypocrite at times but there was nothing to gain in revealing that.

Estrella asked if Nicolette wanted to meet Jaken, and her first thought was to say no just because she was unsure if she would be accepted by him or not. Another thought of hers was not to care at all and accept the invite to meet him. Besides, it wasn't like they were getting married and she forced to become a mother to him or anything. She was merely going to give birth to his brother, and she just hoped he would let that slide by. "Sure, I'd love to meet Jaken." No matter what happened in the future, whether it involved her and Kalif or not, it would be nice to meet a future brother of Damianos. Placing the robes on the rack as she decided she didn't really find any she liked, she smiled at Estrella.

"Your right though, it shouldn't be hidden, because I'm sure eventually he'd figure it out anyways." She shrugged her shoulders, this day was turning our to be far more interesting than she had planned, but she waited patiently for Estrella to either guide her ot take her to wherever they were meeting Jaken at.

An hour or so later

"Would you like anything in particular?" Estrella asked Niccy. With a flick of her wand, the refrigerator, freezer and cupboards doors all flung open. It was a miracle that nothing tumbled to the floor. These spaces were stuffed with every type of food imaginable. Dinner usually coincided with Estrella's latest craving- probably much to Jaken's dismay- and now she had another pregnant woman to worry about.

She was glad that Nicolette had accepted her invitation. It wouldn't have really sat well with the young woman if she had had to keep another secret from her husband. She'd promised to be honest with him after he had found out about the baby and well, everything else.

Nicolette eyed Estrella with amusement as all the doors inside the kitchen seemed to open all at once, it almost shocked her with the large amount of food there was. "Teehee no, just no junk food please. Damianos will have a fit." She patted her round tummy a moment before she gave a soft shrug, she wasn't sure if Estrella understood the whole issue with the family disliking junk food or not, but it she wanted to make Nicolette very sick..she could serve junk food as much as she wanted. "Soo...where's this Jaken of yours." She asked with a sly grin, one that had been perfected over the years of causing delightfully fun mischief. By this point, her nervousness had faded and she was eager to meet him, whether or not she will think that when they actually meet...has yet to have been figured out.

"No junk food? He's definitely Jaken's brother then," Estrella snorted, rolling her eyes. Half of the food in their cupboards was inedible to the man of the house. Pursing her lip thoughtfully, she summoned a nearly empty jar of pickles to the counter, popping the top with another flourish of her wand. She grinned; nothing had broken this time. "Pickle? There's way more where those come from." She didn't enlighten Nicolette on just how many jars were stashed away in the cupboard. "How do you like potatoes?" the brunette asked, trying to figure out what to do for meat and vegetables. She would gladly skip the latter, though she knew that Jaken wouldn't let her get away with that. Especially since she was pregnant. "Oh, he'll be around soon I think. He's probably leaving work right now."

Nicolette stared oddly at the thing called a pickle that Estrella had so kindly offered. Her gold eyes narrowed as she carefully picked a pickle out of the jar and inspected it carefully, it looked so funny and not to mention sent an odd smell right her way. 'Must be a muggle thing.' She sniffed it once more before she decided to take a small bite of the pickle and begin to chew. It only took a moment of chewing though for her face to pale and scrunch up in disgust. "EW!" She begrudgingly swallowed the small amount of pickle that she had bitten before she glared at the rest that she hadn't bitten out of, this had probably be the nastiest thing she had even put into her mouth. "What imbecile created this piece of work, blegh?!" She With a small snort she tossed the pickle off into a random direction and made sure to wipe her hands that were wet with pickle juice onto her robes as she attempting to get the smell of pickle off of her.

"Oh I love potatoes!" Her face of disgust faded quickly into one of excitement and bubbly nature, a potato had to be one of the few foods she actually minded and didn't happen to upset her stomach while she was pregnant, however she rarely ate them despite them being one of her favorites. "Ooooh....where does he work?" She blinked, a look of innocence and curiosity beginning to take over as she wondered about the type of lives others around her lived.

Jaken flooed into his home, and cleaned off the soot with his wand. Jaken glanced about the place, seeing nothing interesting or threatening yet. He walked further into the house, and that was when he heard another voice. An older woman. Who was she? Jaken entered the kitchen, just in time to see a pickle land at his boots. Jaken's stormy eyes fell on it, before they traveled to Estrella, as he flashed a smile at her, and then to the older woman. It wasn't Brunhilde... So, who was it? Jaken murmured, "Okay, is today 'attack Jaken with a pickle' day?" Jaken chuckled softly, before he walked over to Estrella's side, and he inquired from the blonde, "And, you are...?"

Estrella's hand shot up to cover her mouth; Nicolette's reaction to the pickle was priceless. "Imbecile? I think not. Whoever created these was a genius!" She munched at one energetically, downing it in no time and reaching for another. She didn't make any effort to find the pickle that her guest had thrown. While some might have found Nicolette's behavior appalling, Estrella thought it was hilarious.

"Oh good. That makes two of us." The young witch grinned. "He's an Unspeakable," she responded simply, though that was no longer the truth. Neither Jaken nor Estrella wanted to broadcast to the world that the former was an auror. Saying he still worked in the Department of Mysteries was easy, because Estrella had no idea what in the world he had done there anyway.

She spun around to face her husband. "Hi, hon. Didn't you know about it? I wrote it on the calendar somewhere." She smirked and launched the pickle behind her arm as if she were going to chuck it. Estrella glanced at the nearly empty jar disdainfully, not looking forward to digging through the shelves for another. She figured Nicolette would want to introduce herself.

Nicolette shook her head in disagreement and disgust as she watched Estrella down another pickle, how could she even swallow that thing without gagging or foaming at the mouth?! Trying to get the image of the the green..whatever it was out of her head she tried to think of what an Unspeakable was again, she knew they worked for the ministry...but that was about it. 'Oi, I'm a bit rusty on knowledge of the ministry.' She almost wanted to slap herself, she was being a bad Death Eater at the moment. Just as she was going to question Estrella further, she heard someone's voice and let her golden eyes lock onto whomever it was. 'This must be Jaken.' Not only did she hear his name being mentioned, he mirrored his father quite well.

"Hiya! I'm Nicolette Hensel!" She beamed with a large grin, the jitters had long since gone away and now she was only filled with eager and happy thoughts of finally meeting Jaken, who seemed to be much different than she had expected. "You look so much like your dad." She added with a soft chuckle, unable to keep the thought inside her head any longer, she hoped he wouldn't mind her pointing it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back