Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah crawled into a chair in the student lounge as she opened her Ancient Runes book. This year felt so new and different now that she was taking new classes. Her sister was no longer as first year. She felt so many changes happening, and she wasn't quite sure she was ready for it. She looked off into space and noticed a few other students in the lounge. This was a couple of fifth years holding hands and talking very loudly about their last date. Adorah had begun to notice people more and more in the past few months in ways she hadn't before. She had never been one to have celebrity crushes or wish that a boy would kiss her at school. It just all felt a little... unimportant to her... until now. She was starting to feel more nervous around certain people. She had always felt that way about Professor Harrington, but she figured it was just due to admiration. Now, it felt different. She shook her head as she turned back to her studying as she waited for Samantha to show up.

Samantha had felt that she had become a slightly different person during her break. She didn't know why, yet she felt like she did know why. Over the summer break, she explored more of herself, and had thought that she had found herself, yet, she felt it wasn't right. She wasn't going to think about it right at this second. Samantha made her way to The Student Lounge, carry small notes from one of her classes, to meet up with Adorah, who she felt like she hadn't seen in forever. She entered the room and looked around the room of scattered people, looking for a familiar face. She smiles, her small mission being accomplished. Samantha made her way over and took a seat near Adorah. "Hey" Samantha says softly with a smile, trying to find a comfortable position on the couch.

Adorah looked up from her book and smiled at Samantha. "Hey, how was your break?" she asked excitedly. Adorah got up from her seat to move on the couch and closed her book for a moment, setting it on the ground. "What extra classes are you taking this year? Maybe we'll have some together!" Classes had just started, and it was possible that people might switch in at the last minute. It would also be good to have a friend in class. This year was going to be challenging in more ways than one, but she was glad to have Samantha around to talk about things with.

Samantha smiled a little. "My break was okay I guess, I think It could've been better" Samantha says with a slight shrug a small smile. She wished her break could've gone better, only she had spent time with her family and muggle friends, and being slightly gloomy. "How was your break?" Samantha says with curiosity while putting her books and notes on the ground beside her feet. "Well I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures at the moment, and hopefully Divination and History of Magic next semester" Samantha says with a small smile. She had enjoyed Care of Magical Creatures so far, learning about all the different types of creatures out there in the magical world. "What about you? It would be cool if we did have classes together!" Samantha said with the same excitement as Adorah. Samantha did enjoy spending her time and talking to Adorah.

Adorah shrugged when Samantha asked her about break. "It was uneventful. My sister and I were both at home and argued a lot. I'm sure a lot more depressing than your's." The two girls had fought over anything and everything: how their parents played favorites, how Juniper didn't seem to be taking school seriously, how Juniper seemed to think that Adorah was too controlling... Adorah was glad to be back at school so she could avoid her sister as much as possible. She wasn't ready to talk about all her feelings yet and tried to focus her attention back to the conversation with Samantha.
She was so excited when Samantha said what classes she was taking. "Really?!" she almost shouted. "I'm taking those as well and Ancient Runes," she said as she pulled up the book she had been studying. "I want to be an astronomer so I thought those classes might help, and Creatures just sounds fun, you know? Why did you want to take those classes?" She put the book back down on the floor as she waited for Samantha to respond.

Samantha nodded understandingly when Adorah had told Samantha about her summer. She could understand her in a way. She smiled excitedly when Adorah had told her that she was taking the classes she was taking, and was happy that there was going to be a familiar face in her classes. "An astronomer sounds cool! Having a job where you study the stars and planets looks amazing" Samantha said with a nod and smile. Samantha thought for a moment as to why she had taken those classes. "Well, I personally don't know what I want to do when I leave school. So I guess I'm just leaving my options open. Plus, I think Magical creatures are interesting to learn" Samantha said with a small giggle and shrug.

Adorah shurgged when Samantha talked about her future job. "I think it's really fun, and the nice thing is that I could do it in the muggle or wizarding world. At least, potentially could do that." She knew that the job required a lot of certification and training, but she was hopeful that things would work out in her favor if she studied hard. She knew it wasn't common for people to know what they wanted to do when they were 13 and wasn't surprised when Samantha said she wasn't sure about her future. "That's okay! Animals are really interesting, especially magical creatures. Have you ever heard of a basilisk? I've been reading about them, and they sound terrifying, even if the way they are created isn't," she said giggling. How did someone discover a chicken egg under a toad was the way to go about creating a new creature? "Are there any creatures you've found interesting so far?" She knew they hadn't learned a lot yet, but she didn't know if other students read ahead like she did.

Samantha nods along when Adorah had told her about her career. She was slightly surprised that a few people already knew what they wanted to do in their career paths after they leave school. Sam wasn't sure what she wanted to do herself. "Have heard about a basilisk. But I don't know much about them" Samantha said with a shrug and slight smile. There is always new magical creatures she found out about that she never knew that they existed, until she had heard it from someone or found it in a book. Samantha thought for a moment. "Well, not at the moment. But I guess when we get further into the lessons, there might be a creature out there that will be interesting to me" Samantha says with a smile and shrug. She had enjoyed the class so far though. "What about you?"

Adorah listened as Samantha talked vaguely about Care of Magical Creatures. She was surprised that Samantha hadn't found a creature that has struck a chord yet. "I found the fwooper bird we learned about in the second lesson quite a creative use of creature," she said, giving a little giggle. "Fwooper" was such a funny word. Adorah had found there were many funny words in the wizarding world. Muggle, puffskein, many spells. There were very few classes that had no laugh-worthy moments. "Anyway," she said, tossing her books aside, "enough about classes. Let's just chat." She pulled her legs up under her and faced Samantha more directly. "Girl talk" was never something Adorah found easy, but she was trying to be better about things this year. "Did you go to the Halloween Feast this year?" she asked hesitantly.

Samantha nodded and giggles along with Adorah had told her about what animal she had found interesting in Care of Magical Creatures. "Oh yeah! They're interesting!" Samantha said with a nod and some enthusiasm. There were always interesting Creatures shown in the class so far, but they haven't really struck her interest yet. "Yes! Lets!" Samantha said with excitement and a slight laugh. "Oh yes, I did." Sam said with a smile and a nod. "How about you? Did you go?"

Adorah nodded when Samantha reponded to her inquiry about the Halloween Feast. She hadn't spent a lot of time there, but she found it funny to dress up as one of the house ghosts. "Yes, I did! I dressed up as the Grey Lady. I was pretty proud of the costume. Although, she didn't find it very funny," she said shrugging. "What did you go as? Did you go with anybody?" she said, giving a small giggle again. A lot of people her age were starting to go to dances and balls with people, and she wondered if Samantha was also choosing dates for these events. Adorah had yet to find someone she was comfortable enough with to ask on a date.

Samantha giggled when Adorah had told her she was the Grey Lady "That sounds like a cool costume!" Samantha said with a smile. Her costume wasn't as great as the other students who attended the Halloween Feast in costume. "Mine wasn't as great as yours, but I was a Kangaroo" Samantha says with a laugh. "No actually, I didn't really go with anyone. But it's always fun to go with someone. How about you? Did you go with anyone? And did you enjoy your time?" Samantha said curiously. She knew that her classmates always went with their friends or their significant other.

Adorah was surprised when Samantha said she dressed up as a kangaroo. It was an interesting choice. "I mean, some boys dressed up as sharks so I think animals were really popular this year!" she said, trying to be encouraging. It had been true about the sharks; Adorah had found it really weird, but she thought they won the costume contest so the professors must have liked it. She shook her head when Samantha asked if she went to the ball with anyone. "I didn't either. Everyone has these crushes or are dating people, but I don't think anyone wants that with me." She gave Samantha a smile. "But that's okay! I think I just am... trying to figure stuff out, you know?" Adorah said that and realized that it didn't really make sense to her. She knew that there was something different. She thought some boys were attractive, but there was also this feeling of finding some girls attractive. However, it wasn't something she even wanted to think about. She was still dealing with the fact that she was different becasue of magic, and now this... it just seemed too much.

Samantha laughed a little when Adorah encouraged her about what she had worn. Even thought Samantha knew it wasn't her greatest piece of work, she was happy that there was at least someone to encourage her. "Hey, don't say that." Samantha said, while shaking her head, when Adorah had told her that she thinks that no one would want a relationship with her. "I'm certain that there will be someone out there for you one day." Samantha said reassuringly. She couldn't really say much herself, since she hasn't been in a romantic relationship. "I understand what you mean by figuring yourself out" Samantha said softly, with a small smile. Over the break, she had slowly and still is coming to terms with herself. She had slowly started to realize that she may also have an attraction to girls, as well as she did with boys.

Adorah shurgged Samantha's comment off. "It's not a big deal. There's nothing wrong with not being with someone." Everyone at Hogwarts seemed to be so concerned with boyfriends and girlfriends, but Adorah had always prioritized academics and knowledge over any normal social behavior. She looked at Samantha as she also said that she had been figuring herself out. She twiddled with her thumbs and started to mutter a response. "Well, what about you? Do you have a crush or are interested in anyone?" She had not really ventured into this subject with anyone, but maybe it was time to start talking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back