OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
the summer was still here. the days were warm but the nights were beautiful, mild and clear. it was the evening and she packed some snacks into her bag in the dorm it wasn't curfew yet but the sun was already below the horizon. "I'm going outside for an evening picnic. would you like to come" she told the girls in the dorm she would be comfortable on her own but it would be nice to get to know her dormmates.
once everyone who was coming was ready she made her way down to the lawn. She hummed one of her mum's songs as she laid out her blanket. the air was nice the night had taken the heat away but it was still warm. once the blanket was out and the snacks were retrieved she took a jelly snake from the bag and offered it to her friend before lying down looking at the sky and bit into gummy

Molly had enjoyed her time at Hogwarts so far. But it was kinda boring at times. She didn't mind exploring, but it was boring when there is nothing interesting to find. Molly had been hanging from her bed in boredom. She looked up and smiled when her roommate, Sky had mentioned that she was going out to have a picnic. "Sure! I'd love to come!" Molly says with a small giggle, as she got off her bed. The Hufflepuff decided to bring some snacks of her own, as she felt bad that she wasn't bringing anything.

They made their way down towards the great lawn and once Sky laid out a blanket for them to sit on, Molly sat down onto the blanket. She excitedly accepted the gummy snake that Sky offered. "What was that song you were humming to?" Molly asked after she took a bite from the lolly, as she noticed that her roommate was humming something earlier.

niamh was glad that Molly was going to come down and enjoy the picnic with her. she hadn't hun out with molly much even though she was the first friend she had made at school. she had to admit part of that was because the brunette did intimidate her a little. and that she was not particularly good in large groups of people she hoped that this would be better for her.
to be honest sky hadn't realised that she had been humming out loud. yes she had had a song playing in her head but she hadn't realised she was humming it. she hummed a few bars of it again before she recognised it. "I don't know what it is called. it was one my mum used to play some nights in summer it felt like even the sun was listening to her" she said. it often felt like even nature was listening to her mums music when she played not the other way around as was actually happening. she wanted to be able to do that too one day. take in the world and play it's reflection back to it on her viola.

Molly smiles and nods when Sky had mentioned that she wasn't sure of what the song was that she was humming too. "Oh, that's okay. It sounded pretty anyways" Molly says with a small giggle. The humming had reminded her of home, especially her mother. Molly's mum would always hum her to sleep, and she had missed her mum a little. Molly looked up at the sky with a small smile. "The sky is so pretty right?" Molly says quietly with a smile, noticing the slight change of colour of the sky, as the sun went down.

sky smiled as her friend said that it wounded pretty "Thank you. it had lyrics. but ma played on the violin. It was something like Samhradh, samhradh, bainne na ngamhna, Thugamar féin an samhradh linn she said, or rather sang. her gaelic was not the best. she could understand when her ma and rosie spoke it. and could take part in a conversation though she would slip in the occasional Norwegian or english word if she didn't know it. but remembering a song was a different use of the language. she wondered if Molly knew it.
she looked up at the sky as she continued the song switching between singing and humming when she didn't know the words which increased as she went past the first verse. "It is beautiful. but a lot of the stars are different from at home" she said. as the sky changed from tones of pinks and peaches to blue

https://songsinirish.com/samhradh-samhradh-lyrics/
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE33BQ7aJ4

Molly smiled when Sky had explained about the song. When Sky and mentioned the lyrics, it had kinda sounded familiar to her. She guessed that singing it is Gaelic had helped her a little bit. She understood most of the language, though there were still some words that she couldn't remember. "The violin? That's cool! Do you play any instruments? My brother loves music and plays a variety of stuff. But I don't play any. I'm not good at that stuff" Moll says sadly with a shrug. That was one of the things she was jealous about of her brother. She looked up at the sky again as Sky had explained about the stars. "What's Norway like? That's where you're from right?"

Sky tried to think if here was a topic that Molly was not excited about. so far she couldn't think of one. and it seemed that music was no exception to the rule. "yes, I prefer viola. can also play a bit on piano guitar and a little on harp" she said. she could pick up most instruments other than brass and at least after a while get some kind of tune out of them though strings were her favorite. she smiled as molly said that her brother played music that's cool. he is in second year right. what was his name again" she asked before the conversation was moved to another topic. noway is beautiful. i live in the north so in winter it is always dark but the city is very cozy and we get the northern lights. and in the summer the days are long. the city is near the sea and we have fejords". she said a dreamy look in her eyes as she remembered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back