Closed Staff Secret Santa

Cyndi returned the smile hesitantly, wondering if her fears about speaking to Jaqueline were unwarranted. She seemed to like the gift at least, but then quickly moved away, leaving Cyndi with a crestfallen expression. It wasn't as if she blamed the woman for siding with her son, but she'd hoped that she would understand, having been divorced herself. Standing where Jacqueline left her, the party moving on around the professor until someone approached. It was Professor Summers, and she quickly dabbed at her right eye, returning his greeting. "Merry Christmas" she smiled, shaky at first and then more sure. She had good practice doing this, letting people think she was ok when she was anything but. She reached for the bag, giving the man a curious look before reaching in. Pulling out the item, Cyndi took a look, her grin growing as she took in that it was a lion teapot. "This is lovely" she told him. "Thank you, Aeon" she added as she returned the teapot to the bag. She knew it would replace the one she currently used in her lounge.

Irene smiled as her peers already went about giving and receiving presents. She even got involved in gushing over what they had received. Soon enough, Madlyn Ateara approached her with a blanket.It seemed the blanket was wrapped around some stuff inside. Beaming at the woman, she replied,"The blanket is beautiful, Professor. Thank you and Happy Christmas." Setting the blanket, she took a peek inside was delighted with what she saw. Baby stuff that would fill their nursery room. She called out to the woman. "Professor Ateara, they are beautiful. I love all of them.", she said sincerely.
The woman set her present down on the table before picking up her gift and approached the groundskeeper. "Ignacio. Merry Christmas.", she held out the wooden box. "A little owl told me about your love for this. I hope you will find New Zealand's own exotic Cloudy Bay taste interesting.", she smiled brightly at the man. She really hoped that he would like it.

Landon was excited that Aspen would dance with him next time. The man enjoyed partying during the right occasions and he could not wait. As the muggle studies professor approached Aspen to give her a present, Landon nodded a goodbye to her as he turned around to continue looking for Jodie. Eventually he found her giving the Transfiguration professor a present and he waited for Aeon to move on before joining them just in case he accidentally intruded. "Merry Christmas!" Landon exclaimed to Jodie once he was close enough. He gave her the box in his hand, beaming at her. "It's not much, but I hope you like it."

Small life-like cat. Does not require feeding, watering, or grooming. Purrs and rubs its head against you when you touch it. Also holds your quill. Similar to this.

Maria was pleased to see the gift she had picked out go across so well, and she gave Grace a warm smile. "I'm glad you like it." She said sincerely, and nodded when the woman said she should go deliver her own gift. She stepped back, letting Grace head off to find her own gift's recipient. Maria had been so distracted by the gift she had picked out, that she almost forgot she would be recieving a gift herself. So it was a pleasant surprise when the astronomy professor approached her. "Oh! Thank you!" Maria said cheerfully, accepting the gift. She had no idea what to expect as she opened it, but her mouth dropped open slightly as she looked over the cover, turning the book over in her hands. "Oh, this is beautiful! Thank you so much, Sarah, I really appreciate it!" Maria said, unable to keep from grinning as she looked back up at the woman who had given her her gift.

Professor Bryce Chamberlin took out his small gift. which was a time turner necklace (in no which way was a real one). He approached the professor that he had, which was Josephine Arora. He held out the blue wrapped box and smiled, saying, "Merry Christmas, professor!" He did not have to wait for long before the Transfiguration of the older years, Professor Burke, approached him. He smiled, opening the envelope. It was two tickets to the Macaws game, any of them! He beamed, saying to her, "Thank you so much! This is truly awesome!"

No question, Ryder had the worst secret santa recipient. Having to buy something for your boss, a boss he barely knew at that was not something he had been looking forward to and at one point had debated asking Alex for advice but he knew even less about the headmistress than he did. Finally he had decided on something but he wasn't exactly confident that the headmistress would like it. Clutching his gift Ryder made his way to the second floor room that had been decked out for their little shindig. He made his way into the room where several professors had already assembled and were greeting each other and exchanging presents. Ryder spotted the headmistress in the crowd and made his way over to her, "Merry Christmas Professor Alicastell," Ryder didn't know the woman all that well and calling her Katherine just didn't feel right. "I'll admit, I struggled but I hope you like it," He said handing her the wrapped present.

Small snowy owl figurine.

Josephine was honestly a little bored of baby talk, so when someone came up to her she smiled at the professor who had clearly drawn her name. He looked to be around her age, and wasn't bad to look at. But her smile dropped when he called her professor. "I'm a nurse, actually." She said in a clipped tone as she took the box from him. She liked the necklace inside it, but was a little annoyed at this exchange. Not only had he been entirely unaware of what she did at the school, he then got distracted by his own present. Ah well, at least she got something out of it. Josephine clasped the necklace around her neck, but only because it suited her outfit of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back