Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Aisa had woken up this morning with a realization. She needed to ask Adorah out, officially. It had been something in the back of her mind for ages, but she had kept putting it off. Aisa had liked the thing they had going on, but the idea of actually putting it into official terms had always intimidated her. But after a dream in which she had seen Adorah dancing with someone else at the Valentine's Dance, Aisa realized that she needed to at least let the other girl know that she wanted them to be together. It would be up to Adorah to decide if that was something she wanted as well. Aisa vaguely wondered if she shouldn't have some sort of big romantic gesture, but dismissed it. That just seemed like another way to avoid doing it now. So instead, she got dressed quickly and ran a brush through her hair. Then she hurried to the entrance hall, hoping to catch Adorah before breakfast. She waited near the great hall, keeping an eye out for the Ravenclaw. When she spotted her, Aisa quickly headed over and tapped her on the arm. "Hey, Adorah. Could we... talk for a second?" She asked her, gesturing to an empty spot of hallway they would have some relative privacy.

Adorah had never been much of a breakfast person until it came to establishing a routine at school. Thankfully, she had some time to grab food before having to actually get ready for her day. She usually threw on something comfy that wouldn't be confused for pajamas but also made her feel like she was still wrapped in some sort of a blanket as she snacked on some toast and eggs. Throwing a jacket over her romper to keep away the chill, she made her way down to the great hall, still oblivious to those around her until she heard her name. Looking up, she saw a girl who could instantly make her smile. "Uh - yeah," she said and then moved a little aways from the other students entering to breakfast. She hoped everything was okay. Maybe Aisa wanted to ask her to the dance, but it seemed a little early in the morning for that.

Aisa's resolve was wavering the moment she was face to face with Adorah, who had apparently decided to look extra cute today. As if this wasn't nerve wracking enough. She led Adorah away from the mass of students entering the great hall, to a part of the entrance hall that was partly shielded by a suit of armor. If she was rejected, it didn't have to be in plain sight of the entire school population. "I've been meaning to ask... I mean," Aisa sighed, scratching her neck. "We've been going to these events together for a while, and have been going on dates... and I like it a lot." She admitted. "I've been wondering if... well, would you want to be officially together?" Her voice went strangely high pitched at the final word. "As, well, girlfriends. I guess?" She asked, annoyed that the high pitch wasn't leaving yet.

Adorah was still a little tired, and she always struggled in her morning classes because it took longer to process things. So, when Aisa said the word "girlfriend," Adorah legitimately thought she was hallucinating. They had been at this for over a year, and at this point, she wasn't sure if anything would happen like an actual relationship. She didn't really mind, but knowing where you both stand was also helpful. Adorah cleared her throat and buzzed her lips, unsure how to answer. Of course, she wanted to be Aisa's girlfriend, but she also didn't want to seem too eager. "Wow. Umm, good morning to me?" she said with a laugh, running her hands through her hair. "I-yes, I would love to be your girlfriend," she answered, finally caving in to her excitement. Immeadiately, going in for a hug, hoping her new girlfriend didn't mind, she gave Aisa a quick squeeze. "I'm so glad you asked," Adorah continued, releasing Aisa as she tried not to smile too big.

Aisa blushed a bit when Adorah spoke, maybe her question had been a bit abrupt. But, well, she had needed some time to psych herself up. Her shoulders sagged in relief when Adorah said yes, a bright smile appearing on her face. "Oh." She said, hugging her back tightly before letting go. "Okay, cool. "She said, suddenly feeling a little awkward. Happy, but awkward. "You are?" She asked when Adorah said she was glad she asked. "I know it's kind of weird to ambush you before breakfast, but... uh, I kinda didn't want to wait anymore." Aisa said with a shrug.

Adorah couldn't stop grinning as she looked at Aisa, suddenly more awake than she had ever been from caffiene. "Breakfast is perfect! Morning delight," she said chipperly and then realize that phrase might have alternate meanings. "Er-I mean, it's a delight to hear. In the morning. To be asked by you. In the morning. A.M. At breakfast," she stuttered through and covered her face with both hands, running them down as she groaned. "I'm glad you asked me. I'm an idiot," she said with a slight laugh as she titled her head. Words were never her strong suite, and it was evident that she did in fact need the coffee. "Do you want to come join me for breakfast?"

Aisa couldn't help the laugh that escaped her as Adorah kept on talking, clearly feeling a little awkward. She took both her hands in her own when she stopped covering her face. "I'm glad you approve of my timing." She said teasingly. "I don't think you're an idiot, but with you rambling like that I do feel slightly less like a dumb Gryffindor." She joked. Then she nodded. "I'd love to." She let go of one of her hands, but entwined their fingers with the other hand, ready to follow Adorah to the Ravenclaw table with a smile on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back