Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Flynn)
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Unyielding Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Open after Kris posts with Sawyer

Ivy had felt a little conflicted lately. She had done alright on her exams, but not as good as usual. She had known this would happen, but seeing the EE's on her list made her feel strange. On the other hand, she was happy that someone had finally asked her to the dance, and it was Sawyer. He had specified that they were going as friends, but Ivy was still glad. Sawyer was very cute, and after how things had gone between them in the past Ivy was glad that they were going to a dance together now. She had spent a lot of time on her appearance, having trouble picking between a few different dresses. Eventually she settled for a blue one, since Sawyer was a Ravenclaw. Ivy waited for him outside the Great Hall, smoothing down her dress and smiling at people she knew who passed by her into the hall. She had the feeling tonight would be a lot of fun, and for once she could forget about her grades and her dad's reaction.

Frankly, it was a miracle Sawyer had managed to ask Ivy to the dance at all. He'd been convinced he was about to swallow his tongue the entire time, shoving way too many words into what should have been the simplest of questions. He'd still panicked at the last second and insisted they just go as friends, but she'd still said yes, so Sawyer was counting it as a win. He may have chickened out on asking Ivy out, but at least he got to take her to the dance anyway. He'd just have to work extra hard on his definitely platonic guy friend behavior. It made his palms sweat just thinking about it. The last thing he wanted to do was make Ivy uncomfortable.

He might have spent way too long getting ready, first not wanting to risk accidentally running into Ivy on the stairs down before he was ready, and then because he'd spent possibly a million years in front of the mirror trying to get his hair into some semblance of order. It was a lost cause, he knew, unless he resorted to some sort of immobilizing charm, but an effort had been made. Skittering down the stairs, Sawyer hopped the last two, almost skidding to a halt when he spotted Ivy waiting for him, heart leaping to his throat at the sight of her.

Taking a moment to breathe and closing his eyes, Sawyer desperately wished he could be cool tonight before opening them and stepping over to join Ivy. "Wow, uh, you look. Great. You look great. You know I nearly wore the same dress, so glad I changed," he said, forcing his mouth closed with a click after the stupid joke, smile strained. Could he shut up for once in his life. At least he didn't need to worry about trying to romantically sweep Ivy off her feet tonight.

Ivy grinned as she spotted Sawyer, glad he had made it. She had been slightly worried he wouldn't show up, as she still remembered how hurt she had been when he had run away from her at a previous dance. But that was silly, he had asked her. "Hi!" She said, waving to him as he approached. He complimented her, which made Ivy blush slightly. She smiled. "Thank you." She said, then giggled at his joke about the dress. "I'm sure you would've looked wonderful in it too." She said, hesitating for a moment before offering her arm. "Let's go in. I heard the decorations are all different this year." She told him, glancing at the little bit she could see of the Great Hall from here.

Sawyer could feel his lips pull into a dopey smile, the one Felix always teased him about, but he couldn't help it when he managed to make Ivy laugh. He could live with being an idiot all the time if Ivy kept laughing about it. "We'll have to coordinate outfits next year- Uh I mean," Sawyer cleared his throat. Just because he'd met up with Ivy at the ball twice now didn't mean she would keep doing it. If anything it was a reason for her not to. "If you're not.. Busy. Uh. Yeah! Let's go in," he managed, raising his hand hesitantly when she offered her arm before taking it. Just friends, he reminded himself fervently. She just wants to be your friend.

The updated decorations this year were a welcome distraction from the warmth of Ivy against Sawyer's side as they entered the hall. Surely she could feel his heart thundering through sleeve or something, Sawyer wouldn't even be surprised if it was just audible to everyone with how loud it was in his ears. "Shot, Professor Josephs," he said as Professor Josephs finished addressing the ball attendees, relieved to have something to say, though the feeling quickly dissipated as he struggled for something else to comment on. "You wanna uh. Find your friends or get a drink or something?" He offered, wondering how long he could get away with still holding her arm before it got weird or he started sweating through his suit jacket. That would be just his luck.

Ivy couldn't help smiling back at Sawyer, there was something infectious about the way he smiled. She blinked in surprise when he brought up next year, but grinned, her heart skipping a beat. He was already thinking about taking her on a date again, that was a good sign, right? "I'm sure I'm not busy the day of a dance." She said with a slight smile. "Not at Valentine's either, I'm sure." She added lightly. Sawyer took her arm and they headed into the Great Hall. Ivy was surprised by the change in decorations, but it was nice to see something different. She grinned. "Oh, that's a nice change." She mused quietly. She looked around until Sawyer suggested they find her friends or got a drink. She didn't particularly want to see Brooke's disapproving look and wasn't sure if Delilah would be upset by her going with Sawyer. So the choice was easy. "A drink sounds nice." She said.

Sawyer's brain stuttered when Ivy mentioned Valentine's, his brain suddenly losing the ability to signal to his legs to keep walking and he nearly stumbled hard as they crossed the hall. He regained his footing, clearing his throat and giving Ivy a sheepish smile as he straightened his suit jacket, trying to scramble for a response. "I uh. Right, yeah. Hard to plan so far ahead, aye," he said, wondering if he could sneakily wipe his now very sweaty palms on his pants leg without Ivy noticing. Sawyer didn't want to overthink it, but that almost sounded like an invitation. But maybe she was just humouring him, Sawyer found it hard to believe Ivy would be hurting for company too badly come time for the dance next year. And besides, they were friends, it was normal for friends to go to events together. Case in point, right now.

Sawyer was glad when Ivy wanted to grab a drink, not trusting him to be able to survive interacting with her friends. Delilah was fine but some of the other girls in their year terrified him. And not in the heart-fluttery way Ivy did. More in the same way one should be terrified of a dragon right before it eats you. He eyed the spread on the snack table, deciding now would be the appropriate time to unlink his arm from Ivy's, reluctantly doing so, he side feeling shockingly cold after having Ivy close for those brief moments. "What's your fancy? You reckon mixing Pumpkin Juice and Feijoa Juice is a terrible idea?" He asked, trying to paste on a cheery smile but feeling it pull into that same dorky one again when he glanced up from the table and back at Ivy.

Ivy felt a little disappointed at Sawyer's response. She had hoped he would agree to go to the next dance with her, but instead, he left it up in the air, saying it was difficult to plan so far ahead. Ivy understood what he meant, he didn't want to commit to going with her so early. She sighed softly but then forced a smile. "Yeah, that's true." She said though she didn't know if she completely masked the disappointment in her voice.

Still, she tried to focus on tonight. They were here together now, which meant they should try to have fun. Ivy followed Sawyer to the snack table, unlinking their arms somewhat reluctantly. She laughed. "I think it's probably a terrible idea." She said. "But I kind of want you to try it now." She teased. "After I get some Feijoa juice." She said, quickly pouring herself a glass. At his smile, her heart skipped a beat. He really was cute.

Sawyer tried not panic at Ivy’s tone as they chatted. He was probably doing a crap job of carrying a conversation right now. Ivy was smart, no wonder she’d get bored talking to him about mundane stuff for more than a few minutes. Small talk wasn’t really Sawyer’s thing, but he cast around urgently for something interesting her could say to keep her engaged.

Thankfully, his juice gambit paid off in making Ivy laugh and Sawyer couldn’t bring himself to care even if she was just humouring him. Her laugh made his knees go weak and he only barely managed not to fumble his own cup of juice at the sound. “I suppose I could be convinced,” he said mildly, trying not to look too apprehensively as he went ahead and poured both of the juices into a single cup. He’d probably run off the school cliffs if Ivy asked him to. “Bottoms up,” he offered, toasting Ivy before downing the pumpkin-feijoa juice in a big gulp. “Oh-“ Sawyer coughed, “-It’s uh. Probably an acquired taste,” he squeaked out, clearing his throat and grimacing. “Great for people are a fan of dirt or-“ Sawyer scrunched up his face as the after taste continued to linger on his tongue, “Merlin it’s still in my mouth,” he said, scrunching up his face again. “I uh. Don’t recommend it,” he finally managed, trying to give Ivy a more dignified look as he surreptitiously set is cup away from him at the drink table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back