Speed Training

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia stepped up to the edge of the Pitch and stopped to take a look around. She was surprised, but slightly pleased, to see that the Pitch was completely empty. This struck her as odd, because it was a rare clear day. There was a slight chill in the breeze, but other than that the weather was beautiful.

After tying her long black hair back into a ponytail Sophia mounted her Emerald Streak and darted off. She was donning her Quidditch Gear, for she found that it was helpful to practice with it on so as to have a feel for it during the game.

Zooming across to the opposite side of the Pitch Sophia leveled herself a good ten feet higher than the highest goal post and began to just do laps. She had been practicing some of the exercises Bruin had shown her and Kale and found that her arms were stronger, but a bit sore. Today she wanted to focus on improving her speed and give her arms a break.

Maddiie had notice from her window someone practicing at the pitch. Finally she had thought someone to practice with. So she got out her Nimbus, and thought maybe she needed to upgrade, still it was her favorite broom. She hoped on it and flew out the window and swoosh by the pitch. "Hey Sophia, Can I join you?"

ginny was walking past when she saw maddiie and sophia zooming aroubd the pitch. She walked up to the pitch and wondered whether she was able to join. 'Hi guys. Can I join?' she asked them.

"Yeah that would be good, I still need help" Maddiie called out.

'Great.' said ginny. She pulled out her wand. 'Accio Ginny's Firebolt' and she caught it while putting her wand away. She jumped on it and zoomed up to where Maddiie was.

[Well, I can see my responses are not necessary in my own thread.]

Sophia had stopped to hover when she heard Maddiie calling to her. She was just parting her lips to answer when another girl, one Sophia did not know, came up. Without even waiting for a response from Sophia Maddiie told the girl she could stay.

Not in the mood to deal with anyone, let alone Maddie and some first year, Sophia zoomed down to the ground. Dismounting her broom she took it up in her left hand and began to walk back toward the castle without saying a word.

"Hey Sophia don't leave, I'm sorry if were bothering you" Maddiie apologized.

"I just think I need your help." Maddiie asked

Sophia stopped and turned on her heel to face the pitch, her ponytail whipping around behind her. She stared at Maddiie with a harsh expression.

"And why would I want to help someone on an opposing team?" she asked in a cold drawling voice. Without waiting for an answer she turned around and resumed her walk away from the Pitch.

"Well Its not really helping, more like teaching me."

Once again Sophia stopped and turned around on her heel, her ponytail flipping around behind her as it did before. She stared incredulously at Maddiie, very much not in the mood for this.

"Teaching and helping are synonymous," she spat harshly. Sophia turned around yet again and began walking swiftly away from the Pitch once more.

"Come on Ginny these Sylthrin think their too good for us" Maddiie called out.

ginny watched as Sophia went on her way off the pitch. Now she understood why Kasey hated her.
'Good bye Sphia, Hope you get someone to practise with soon.' called ginny from her broom. She came down and picked up her bat but put it down again.
She turned to Maddiie. 'So what do you want to practise first; Beater or chaser?' she asked her. :)

"Chaser, I have some clue what to do, but no sure."

'Okay,' said ginny grabbing a quaffle. She flew up to the hoop and called to Maddiie. 'Try and grab the quaffle from me when i try and shoot. i know that's the keeper's job but you have to be able to catch them so...' she shot the quffle towards the hoops and waited to see how good Maddiie was.

As Ginny throw the quaffle Maddiie flew towards and tried to stop it from going in. She caught but still was confused.

"So am I supposed to stop you from scoring? And if I do can I score?"

'well, you know how in a game you have an opponent and they will get the quaffle, so yeah in a way. you have to grab the quaffle from me and i will have to try and grab it from you. i hope you get it now, i'm not that good at explaining.' said Ginny while she was thinking about how good this game play was.

"Okay I think I get it. So let just practice a bit." Maddiie threw back the quaffle to Ginny.

Ginny caught the quaffle and headed down the pitch with it. She skidded to a halt near the hoops to see where maddiie was. She was enjoying this.

Maddiie swoop by trying to stop Ginny from scoring again. She had moved pretty fast but she can still keep in touch with her. More players would been more challenging.

Ginny threw the quaffle right down the pitch again for Maddiie to catch. 'Enjoying this?' she asked hapily.

"Yeah" Again she caught it was fun. "But what happens when were up against each other?"

'So, i won't try and kill you as much. I am a beater remember.'said ginny jokingly. She came closer to maddiie and thought about knocking it out of her hands.

"Yeah, ha ha. So you want to try practicing beater."

'Why? Have you practised enough?' asked Ginny jokingly again and she swerved infront of Maddiie and grabbed the quaffle out of her hands. She zoomed down the pitch with it.

"Yeah just wanted to make sure I did go with my new position. Now than lets get them beaters ball out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back