Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Gwen was determined to make this her year at Hogwarts. It was the last chance she had, after all. She wasn't going to let anyone outshine her and that included her friends. She had seen Molly a few times briefly after the break and she seemed sad. Gwen wanted to know what happened and to see if she could use it. So when she spotted Molly sitting by herself at breakfast, Gwen moved over to her table and sat next to her. "Hi Molly, how are you?" She asked, smiling at her. She tilted her head slightly. "You've seemed down since school started again."

In all honesty, Molly was super duper glad to be at school. Things at home were just really awkward and strange. Her parents were now in separate houses and things between her parents were weird. The divorce was still fresh for Molly, so it had always made her sad to think about it. The other thought was of her break up with Felix the previous year. While things between them were okay now, she was still a little sad that they had broken up.

Molly had been lost in thought during breakfast when her train of thought was interrupted by someone taking a seat next to her while speaking to her and realised it was Gwen. Molly hadn't seen Gwen often recently, but it was always nice spending time with her friend. She gave Gwen a small smile. "Hey! Yeah, I'm doing good, How about you?" Molly said with a smile. Though her smile slowly dropped at the mention of her being down. "Oh... right... sorry. A lot of stuff has been going on at home and stuff" Molly said with a shrug and small smile. "And um... Felix and I broke up, so it's been an eventful past year I guess you could say" Molly says sadly, as she scratches the back of her ear, not entirely mentioning the other reason she was down.

Gwen nodded understandingly as Molly spoke about things being rough at home, and then gasped in sympathy when she mentioned breaking up with Felix. She had guessed as much, but she wasn't going to tell Molly that. She reached over and put her hand on Molly's arm. "That's horrible, I'm sorry." She told her. Then, the new badge on Molly's clothes caught her eye. Gwen hadn't really seen it up close yet, and she couldn't help staring. "Your badge probably cheered you up, though, right?" She asked, a false smile in place as she tried to hide her jealousy.

Molly nodded sadly. "Yeah, it was sad, but I think we're okay now. We spoke about it and we're just friends." Molly says with a small smile. She was glad that she and Felix were still friends, she'd be sad if they weren't so she was glad that they had their talk. Molly looked down at her chest, the badge glistening back at her, completely forgetting that the badge was there. "Oh! Yeah, it definitely did! It's a real shock still. I wasn't expecting it. I thought you or Renata were going to get the badge if I was being honest"

Gwen had hoped for a juicier story than the one Molly told about her and Felix, and honestly, she didn't really buy it. She watched Molly closely. "But why did you break up?" She asked, frowning slightly. "Did you break up with him or did he break up with you?" She wanted more information and expected Molly to tell her. She shrugged when Molly said it had been a shock and she had expected her or Renata. "They probably figured Renata has enough going on, between a club and a Quidditch team." She sighed. "And I'm guessing Celia scared Professor Ward away from Slytherins for a while." She said tragically. "You must've seemed like a safer choice."

Molly was a bit hesitant to respond to Gwen's questions. Not because she didn't want to answer her friend's question, but because she didn't want to say the wrong thing about the whole situation. "Well... Felix just had other things on his plate and needed to focus on those things instead, which I understand. There were other things he needed to focus on. So... he broke it off" Molly answered her friend's question, as she looked down at her hands nervously. She nodded as Gwen spoke about the head people options. "I guess you're right," Molly says with a giggle. Though deep down she felt that maybe she wasn't the greatest option, and there were most likely better options than her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back